If Scientology had daily OT drills.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
OT drills, like what? People practicing finding their car keys and parking spots?

Veda

OT drills, like what? People practicing finding their car keys and parking spots?
Hubbard deigned a successful psycho-political operation. It was grandly successful at achieving his primary objective of building monuments - in stone and steel - to himself.

It had all the necessary moving parts. But it was deficient in one area. It did not have an ever present - yet to be made available - next mysterious, and vital to one's survival and well being, level.

Hubbard assured his followers that there were a great many yet to be released levels awaiting them, and that he was busy working on these levels, but he lied.

He spent the time, instead, writing campy science fiction novels (for personal therapy), and making an occasional "discovery," such as that ancient psychiatrists invented sex to keep beings small, or that evil entities outside the "MEST" universe were maliciously meddling with people's DNA and preventing them from becoming "OT."

Even if Hubbard had dreamt up a series of new OT levels, preferably in his own handwriting - which, like the sound of his voice, Hubbard believed (ref: Affirmations) had hypnotic power - those levels would, eventually have been depleted.

What were Scientologists to do? Donate money? Join staff? Join the Sea Org? Volunteer to work at front groups? Do TRs? Re-do the levels? with the "Bridge" becoming a hamster wheel? where one re-does NOTs, and Objectives. forever?

At one time Hubbard emphasized "drill, drill, drill," meaning to exercise what Scientologists might call thetan muscles. Intention, creating space, being exterior, etc.

Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice says it in its title: Practice, practice, practice. For example, Crowley recommended "rising on the planes" every day.

But that was a terrible business model. There's no money in it. Crowley died impoverished in a rooming house.

Reminiscent of Tesla's desire to provide free energy, and J. P. Morgan's conflicting desire to sell energy, with a meter attached to measure exactly how much was sold.

Of course, Tesla's energy was real, but there were many who thought it wasn't... But I digress.

If Scientology had (voluntary) daily (mental) "OT" drills - even with no more "levels" - its morale would improve so, perhaps, it's best not mentioned.

Except that, at some point, someone with a modicum of imagination, might possibly replace Miscavige, and actually implement the idea, and even attach a meter to it, at intervals, and make money off it.

Note: This thread was originally posted years ago, in the Freezone, Indy, and other flavors of Scientology section as an invitation to Scientologists to re-think Scientology's obviously failed and, sometimes, damaging OT levels. The old Drill, drill, drill thread.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Hubbard deigned a successful psycho-political operation. It was grandly successful at achieving his primary objective of building monuments - in stone and steel - to himself.

It had all the necessary moving parts. But it was deficient in one area. It did not have an ever present - yet to be made available - next mysterious, and vital to one's survival and well being, level.

Hubbard assured his followers that there were a great many yet to be released levels awaiting them, and that he was busy working on these levels, but he lied.

He spent the time, instead, writing campy science fiction novels (for personal therapy), and making an occasional "discovery," such as that ancient psychiatrists invented sex to keep beings small, or that evil entities outside the "MEST" universe were maliciously meddling with people's DNA and preventing them from becoming "OT."

Even if Hubbard had dreamt up a series of new OT levels, preferably in his own handwriting - which, like the sound of his voice, Hubbard believed (ref: Affirmations) had hypnotic power - those levels would, eventually have been depleted.
Yep, agreed. I've never done the OT levels, but I'm quite sure that even in my cult-mindset it would have been disappointing for me if I had.

I think people could salvage most of the lower stuff and turn it into some mostly benign "spiritual practice" if they so desired. The OT levels on the other hand, with their BT exorcisms etc, are simply "counter-survival" (To use Ron's own term).

What were Scientologists to do? Donate money? Join staff? Join the Sea Org? Volunteer to work at front groups? Do TRs? Re-do the levels? with the "Bridge" becoming a hamster wheel? where one re-does NOTs, and Objectives. forever?

At one time Hubbard emphasized "drill, drill, drill," meaning to exercise what Scientologists might call thetan muscles. Intention, creating space, being exterior, etc.

Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice says it in its title: Practice, practice, practice. For example, Crowley recommended "rising on the planes" every day.

But that was a terrible business model. There's no money in it. Crowley died impoverished in a rooming house.

Reminiscent of Tesla's desire to provide free energy, and J. P. Morgan's conflicting desire to sell energy, with a meter attached to measure exactly how much was sold.

Of course, Tesla's energy was real, but there were many who thought it wasn't... But I digress.

If Scientology had (voluntary) daily (mental) "OT" drills - even with no more "levels" - its morale would improve so, perhaps, it's best not mentioned.
I can't think of a way such things could be implemented in scn. Unless they would make it something similar to meditation maybe.

onceuponatime

I don't see how some sort of daily drilling would be implemented outside of Staff/SO. Even then it will still run into the major problem Scientology has, it doesn't produce results. People aren't going to do daily drilling for no gains. Heck, they can't even get Scientologists to watch the Scientology network.