I was stunned to find out...

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
If you very casually look at the lives of most cult leaders you will find a lot of cash, booze, drugs and sexual partners in the mix. Hubbard fits nicely into that mold. At some point he became impotent but the cash, booze, and drugs still remained a part of his life. He may have substituted the sex urge with his various rich man's "toys" such as his film studio, photography, and his attempts at being a rock star (POWER OF SOURCE, THANK-YOU FOR LISTENING, anyone?).

He really lived it up just like all those cult leaders do. It's probably very hard not to. I know I would have done the same if I was given that much power, love, attention, and money. The big difference is he wanted and strove for it. It didn't fall into his lap. I was never that ambitious and I never wanted to smash my name into the history books like an L. Ron Hubbard or a Lee Harvey Oswald.
To be kind, Hubbard was not very good at those avocations. His music? Ugh. Pretty much laughable. Tech films? I haven't seen very many but I'll never forget the first one I did see, just poorly done technically. Lighting, etc. I can totally understand why Miscabbage wanted to re-do them. His photography was meh, mostly unremarkable. But I did see a few pictures of his that were slightly above pedestrian and good. His poetry? Puh-leez. :nooo:

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
...to see PCs denied service because of IRS debts.

All through Scientology Ron berates the IRS and tax collectors and tax collection as criminal and being criminals and staffed with criminals. Ron's OT/Xenu saga even has the ploy done with fake tax audits to make the people give themselves up. The government, tax people, taxes, tax collection, tax collectors come up over and over and over in tapes, bulletins, policies and books as crime and criminal.

Ron was hiding with the Sea Org and in International waters to avoid tax collectors and governments. Ron was on the lam. Mary Sue went to prison by tax collectors and tax entities from a government.

David Miscavige won the tax war!!

I was intimately familiar with illegal PC declares due to familial connections with government officials who worked in departments that were antagonistic to Scientology.

Then I found out that Meade Emory was hired to set up the Miscavige structured Scientology, Inc.

Meade Emory was the #2 guy in the IRS during the years that Mary Sue and GO were infiltrating the IRS and when she was prosecuted and sentenced to prison.`

How can someone who is related to someone who once had a military security clearance be declared illegal to never receive auditing while Meade Emory who is the #2 government official of the IRS that was at war with Scientology and trying to indict L. Ron Hubbard and who was in this role when Mary Sue Hubbard was arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to prison be hired to structure Scientology, Inc. and the person who employed and contracted this SP of SPs NOT be declared PTS or an outright SP and illegal?

After all the war was won PCs began to be denied services because of IRS debts and declared illegal.

Before the war was won PCs weren't denied services and no emphasis or interest about the IRS ever entered the equation.
That was the question I had after seeing the Death Event. A traitor is now welcome in the $cn. ranks? A traitor to the IRS but a traitor nonetheless. Totally hinky.

Hubbard was such a genius he had his organization stolen from him. :roflmao::hysterical::clapping:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

To be kind, Hubbard was not very good at those avocations. His music? Ugh. Pretty much laughable. Tech films? I haven't seen very many but I'll never forget the first one I did see, just poorly done technically. Lighting, etc. I can totally understand why Miscabbage wanted to re-do them. His photography was meh, mostly unremarkable. But I did see a few pictures of his that were slightly above pedestrian and good. His poetry? Puh-leez. :nooo:
There are lots of people who have expensive toys and suck at using them. We all know he sucked at that stuff. It takes a real love, and dedication to a craft or art in order to get any kind of competency and even then it is never over. Ask any master craftsperson or artist and they will tell you that they are always learning. It is an endless road. There is no such thing as "making it" because once you improve and get good at what you are doing; there are more things to learn and master. Mastery is not a endpoint or prize. It is a path or process that is endless. People who are into instant results or instant gratification do not understand that. You have to really love what you are doing even if it looks like you are not getting anywhere.

Hubbard on the other hand was in a position to do whatever he wanted and that included inflicting his shit music, films, and photos on his captive audience. He had nothing but "yes men" to tell him what he was doing was incredible.

Of course, you all know that.

What he was really good at was being a cult leader. He had a lot of time to improve and get even better at being a cult leader. That much I will grant him.

guanoloco

As-Wased
...Ron is out qualled for his drug use, his irregular sexual practices, he'd never be able to be on an exec post due to financial irregularities, he's got ample amounts of blackmail stuff in his past, he's connected to the gov't, had been posted in military intelligence roles, I've seen staff removed from post and routed out due to IRS debts and this guy is on the lam, he's got criminal convictions, he's receiving benefits from the VA, possibly involved with "other practices" due to Satanic occult crap, Nibs claimed he parleyed with Commies...

This is too much! Not only would this guy never see the inside of an HGC he'd never be able to hold a post in HCO, or as an exec and he'd never get into the SO!

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
All the way through Scientology Ron castigates drugs and drug use. It doesn't matter if it's street drugs or over the counter and prescriptions.
It isn't really all the way through scn. Scn didn't become anti-drug until the late '60's. I doubt if you'll find anything anti-drug before 1968, when recreational drugs, especially LSD, became a big thing in the media. Ron figured okay, people are worried about drugs, so scn will become anti-drug. It was just another button he figured he could use, same as he did with communism and radiation in the 50's.

In DMSMH he recommends benzedrine as an aid to dianetic auditing and says marijuana is "better for keeping neurotics producing" than alcohol.

While I was in scn I saw a 1965 HCOB which I've never been able to find again, where LRH says adamantly that "We are NOT on the anti-drug program." It shocked me at the time and I wish I'd stolen it or made a copy as I've never been able to find it again. It was probably withdrawn by the time I saw it in the 70's.

Even after drugs became a no-no, scn's anti-drug program took a while to build up to its present frenzied pitch. The first drug RD was just drug rehabs and 3-way recalls, secondaries(?) and engrams of taking drugs. No specific drugs, just drugs in general. That was it! It could be done in one or two sessions. This was called the "Class VIII RD" because it was introduced on the Class VIII course.

The Drug RD didn't appear on the Grade Chart as a separate step until 1974.

Riddick

I clap to no man
It isn't really all the way through scn. Scn didn't become anti-drug until the late '60's. I doubt if you'll find anything anti-drug before 1968, when recreational drugs, especially LSD, became a big thing in the media. Ron figured okay, people are worried about drugs, so scn will become anti-drug. It was just another button he figured he could use, same as he did with communism and radiation in the 50's.

In DMSMH he recommends benzedrine as an aid to dianetic auditing and says marijuana is "better for keeping neurotics producing" than alcohol.

While I was in scn I saw a 1965 HCOB which I've never been able to find again, where LRH says adamantly that "We are NOT on the anti-drug program." It shocked me at the time and I wish I'd stolen it or made a copy as I've never been able to find it again. It was probably withdrawn by the time I saw it in the 70's.

Even after drugs became a no-no, scn's anti-drug program took a while to build up to its present frenzied pitch. The first drug RD was just drug rehabs and 3-way recalls, secondaries(?) and engrams of taking drugs. No specific drugs, just drugs in general. That was it! It could be done in one or two sessions. This was called the "Class VIII RD" because it was introduced on the Class VIII course.

The Drug RD didn't appear on the Grade Chart as a separate step until 1974.
One step onto the Bridge to Total Freedom is to do the Purif, supposedly handles the restimulation effects of drugs in the body which prevents one from going clear, that's the rhetoric.

A little up the Bridge, is the DRD Scientology Rundown, which is supposed to address the so called spiritual aspect of taking drugs, that's the religious rhetoric preventing one from going clear.

Further up the Bridge is doing the whole track Drug Rundown or OT4 which is also the religious rhetoric aspect preventing one from going OT.

I wonder how many scientologists do not drink alcohol, maybe DM can answer? LOL

I suspect DM is OT9.

marra

In my time as a public I spent many hours in the courseroom reading and listening to tapes of Hubbard droning on and on and many times contradicting himself.

I remember one taped lecture where he stated that there were "Harmonics of the state of Clear". In other words it wasn't a fixed state. I was shocked by this but I was even more shocked some time later when I read an HCOB which Hubbard wrote to proclaim "There are NO harmonics of the state of Clear". He said that "an SP" had been spreading the rumour that Clear wasn't a fixed state. Well, the only person I had heard say there were harmonics was Hubbard himself so I was totally confused. Years later, after I'd left I discovered that the "SP" he was talking about was David Mayo.

I also remember hearing tapes of auditing sessions Hubbard did and he broke every rule that we had to obey. He would invalidate and evaluate and just do as he pleased. He even told one pc that every auditor she'd had previously was useless.

Another shock for me was when I heard Hubbard say that parents shouldn't give their children the same name as one of the parents because this can cause problems with engrams since the reactive mind doesn't know which person is being referred to, the parent or the child. This made sense to me until the day I found out that he had a child he named L. Ron Hubbard Junior.o_O

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Another shock for me was when I heard Hubbard say that parents shouldn't give their children the same name as one of the parents because this can cause problems with engrams since the reactive mind doesn't know which person is being referred to, the parent or the child. This made sense to me until the day I found out that he had a child he named L. Ron Hubbard Junior.o_O
I think it was interpreted as: "And that's how he found out about it so he is now warning us not to do it".
Also Ron jr. was described as an SP so yeah. It made sense at the time.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
...Ron was a pervert and out-2D.

All the way through Scientology Ron castigates sex and sexual focus.

Sex isn't necessarily bad...it's Dev-T.

There's tons of technical bulletins to handle the attention on sex. There's scales and lectures and comments and policies that minimize the focus on sex and how aberrated that gets. The sexual pervert and the promiscuous person are 1.1 and require hormone therapy.

There's all the O/W and over-motivator sequence stuff and blows and what psych's do and focus on and Freud is a joke and it's all sex, sex, sex and meat, meat, meat.

Then I found out L. Ron had a second wife.

Then I found out L. Ron was in a sex cult and masturbated in a Black Magik ceremony to create an Anti-Christ with spells and witchcraft during the time he claims he's researching Dianetics.

Then I found out L. Ron was married three times and cheated on all of these women.

Then I found out L. Ron was on hormonal therapy.
Masturbated?
Yep, Ron was a right wanker .
Occasionally he used his left hand, I hear....