I think all exmembers should rejoin Scientology

Type4_PTS

Let's investigate the 31 rhetorical devices and present three examples from Hubbard's writings and lectures to illustrate each and every one of them:
<snip>
How about it!!! Who's with me? Does everyone want to have me carefully explain each and every one of these terms so you can admire my knowledge of rhetoric????!!!!

:woohoo::happydance:
I'd prefer to see a proper clay demo for each of these rhetorical devices showing how Hubbard used them in his writings and speeches.

That would ensure you're not glib and it would be more convincing.

Zertel

I'm really warming up to this whole super study of Hubbard's use of rhetoric!!!

Let's investigate the 31 rhetorical devices and present three examples from Hubbard's writings and lectures to illustrate each and every one of them:
alliteration
anacoluthon
anadiplosis
analepsis
anaphora
antanaclasis
antiphrasis
antonomasia
apophasis
aporia
cacophony
chiasmus
dialogism
dysphemism
epistrophe
epizeuxis
hypallage
hyperbaton
Hypophora
litotes
meiosis
metaphor
metonymy
oxymoron
simile
syllepsis
synecdoche
zeugma
How about it!!! Who's with me? Does everyone want to have me carefully explain each and every one of these terms so you can admire my knowledge of rhetoric????!!!!

:woohoo::happydance:
I scanned the list and I already have a good understanding of alliteration, metaphor, oxymoron, simile and maybe one or two others so I'm well on my way. At random I chose to look up aporia in dictionary.com

aporia
[ uh-pawr-ee-uh, uh-pohr- ]SHOW IPA

🎓 College Level

noun, plural a·po·ri·as, a·po·ri·ae [uh-pawr-ee-ee, uh-pohr-].

Rhetoric. the expression of a simulated or real doubt, as about where to begin or what to do or say.

Logic, Philosophy. a difficulty encountered in establishing the theoretical truth of a proposition, created by the presence of evidence both for and against it.
.............................................................................................................

That one seems to fit scn. Score a point for scn is rhetoric. Twenty five more definitions to go. I'm on it.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I would characterize Hubbard as deliberative rhetoric. Hubbards rhetoric was that one could go clear with dianetics, and then later one could achieve OT, both future. However, I do recognize Hubbard's techniques of auditing were about recalling (past) and recalling would set you free, which his recalling techniques did not produce one clear or one OT after all these years.

Rhetoric 101: The art of persuasive speech | (ted.com)

"But the way to accomplish change is through deliberative rhetoric, or symbouleutikon. Rather than the past or the present, deliberative rhetoric focuses on the future. It’s the rhetoric of politicians debating a new law by imagining what effect it might have, and it’s also the rhetoric of activists urging change. In both cases, the speakers present their audience with a possible future and try to enlist their help in avoiding or achieving it."

So, with the above statement, once you were on board and had some wins, you were later to continue, and later to join staff, and help with the future. What was it, the rhetoric by Hubbard called The Hope of Man.

The Hope of Man - By L. Ron Hubbard (scientology.org)

Riddick

I clap to no man
You can always go back to the What is Rhetoric? thread and respond to them if you wish. I'm not really interested in copy/pasting multiple posts from there to here.
well neither do I. Did you forget? What do you want to know?