I think all exmembers should rejoin Scientology

HelluvaHoax!

I was recently given a star-rate checkout on the word rhetoric. . .

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Okay I am going to give you a star-rate checkout
on the HCO Bulletin KRW—"Keeping Rhetoric Working".
What is the definition of the word rhetoric?

HH
The definition of the word rhetoric depends on the individual and
each different situation and also it depends on what is real to the person.

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Wutttt? That doesn't sound like a definition.

HH
Well, in my reality that is the definition. Ron says 'what's
the true definition for you is the true definition
'.

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Ron said that?

HH
Definitely!

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Okayyyyy, if you say so. But I need you to use the word
rhetoric in 3 sentences to show you understand it.

HH
Sure, no problem. My first sentence is "Yesterday I ran into the word
rhetoric and did
not really get the concept." My second sentence
is "Today I looked up the word rhetoric in the dictionary." And,
my
3rd sentence is "I just used the word rhetoric in 3 sentences
and still don't understand what it means
".

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Thank you. How do you feel about the word rhetoric?

HH
I feel good about it!

COURSE SUPERVISOR
Cool. Pass!

Hey Riddick, i saw the "poop" review, LOL.

But that post was not about you. I guess because i used the word "rhetoric" you must have assumed that. Really the post had nothing to do with rhetoric either.

I was just havin' fun & riffing and writing about Scientologists clearing words, dude.

See my post, you are not in there, HH (me) is the one getting the star-rated checkout and the "course supervisor" is some anonymous staff member, I have no idea who.

Carry on! :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Emphasis mine.

Hey Riddick, i saw the "poop" review, LOL.

But that post was not about you. I guess because i used the word "rhetoric" you must have assumed that. Really the post had nothing to do with rhetoric either.

I was just havin' fun & riffing and writing about Scientologists clearing words, dude.

See my post, you are not in there, HH (me) is the one getting the star-rated checkout and the "course supervisor" is some anonymous staff member, I have no idea who.

Carry on! :)

I have no doubt at all that he will.

:)

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
The goal of L Ron Hubbard to go clear and then OT was essentially a bunch of rhetoric, anyway you want to examine it, whether it be hypnosis, Crowley Black Magik, lack of critical thinking, AESP's, whatever. It still boils down to his rhetoric.
By your understanding of 'rhetoric' you must realize that ALL your postings about Hubbard's use of the same are your very own rhetorical writings!

When are you going to stop using your rhetoric on all of us?

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
This is the REAL REASON you should rejoin the cult:

“If you do the bridge you’re not going to be told about secret weather control programs, about vaccines brain-damaging people, about the secret space program, about secret depopulation programs (programs run to kill us), about underground bases being built by the new world order in case of a cataclysm (they have literally built underground towns with all this advanced tech) and they fly around in UFOs which they keep secret from us, I mean there is just so much going on that we are not told about in Scientology or in mainstream life, but at least Scientology makes us smarter so that then we can investigate and find out about all these things.”

TheSneakster

By your understanding of 'rhetoric' you must realize that ALL your postings about Hubbard's use of the same are your very own rhetorical writings!

When are you going to stop using your rhetoric on all of us?
P&B, this repetitious flogging of "rhetoric" strikes me as very similar to a typical Alanzo diatribe. Just my perception.

marra

Hey Riddick, in your Sig line you have "Hubbard's", "teaching's" and "course's" thus demonstrating you don't know what an apostrophe is for. You also regularly say "tread" when the correct word is "thread". Why don't you spend some time educating yourself instead of us.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
This thread sounds likt it was constructed to have a flame war. Just my 0.02$.

Hey Riddick, in your Sig line you have "Hubbard's", "teaching's" and "course's" thus demonstrating you don't know what an apostrophe is for. You also regularly say "tread" when the correct word is "thread". Why don't you spend some time educating yourself instead of us.
Maybe English is his 3rd language. Lots of exes from Hungary, Latin America, Russia etc.

marra

This thread sounds likt it was constructed to have a flame war. Just my 0.02$.

Maybe English is his 3rd language. Lots of exes from Hungary, Latin America, Russia etc.
Then he shouldn't have spent the last few years trying to teach us about rhetoric, in my opinion. He has also been told several times about the misuse of the word "tread" but he ignores anyone who tries to help him with his spelling yet continues to lecture us.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
P&B, this repetitious flogging of "rhetoric" strikes me as very similar to a typical Alanzo diatribe. Just my perception.

Seriously? Alanzo was known for his crusades but they were diverse and he was always literate. His postings were usually funny too though at times they were combative and odd.

Veda

No similarity at all.

Most here recognize that Hubbard was a manipulator, and one trick, in his bag of tricks, was manipulative language. However, manipulative language was only one of many tricks used by Hubbard.

Link to About Alanzo thread

Link to "You have zero effect" thread

TheSneakster

Seriously? Alanzo was known for his crusades but they were diverse and he was always literate. His postings were usually funny too though at times they were combative and odd.
OK, you have a valid point.

Type4_PTS

Rhetoric was part of LRH/Scientology but there was other stuff as well. It's an oversimplification to say it's all rhetoric.

Exactly! And to say a particular writing or speech "is all rhetoric" doesn't allow someone to understand much about that particular writing or speech. It doesn't differentiate between Hubbard giving a speech on how the psychs are responsible for all the evil in the universe and a sales pitch that a drug dealer makes on the street corner trying to sell crack. Yes, both of those speeches include the intent to persuade, but if that's all you understand you understand little. And not everything that Hubbard wrote or said was all rhetoric. That probably goes for the crack dealer as well. :coolwink:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Rhetoric was part of LRH/Scientology but there was other stuff as well. It's an oversimplification to say it's all rhetoric.
I thought that too once. I also think because Hubbard read Le Bon's works on Crowd Psychology, he used that too. But, I still come to the conclusion it was Hubbard's rhetoric to create a crowd known as Scientology member. For nobody went clear or OT or has returned from past life using Dianetics or Scientology auditing. Not even Hubbard.

Riddick

I clap to no man