I left Scientology in 1975 for one overlooked, but important, reason

HelluvaHoax!

Nope, but I bet that woulda been fun. As you know, Mankind's Greatest Friend is quite the bullshitter, so I can only imagine the star-high level of tall tales when he got a few snorts of RonRico in him, lol. Personally, I've never been able to drink rum. I turn into a walking blackout.
That subject just recently came up on the SCIENTOLOGY CABLE TV CHANNEL.

You may have heard that they bombed out with all those fake actors pretending they are euphoric about their most recent miraculous wins---so the COS has reformatted the channel to include the always popular GAME SHOWS.

Kirstie Alley has the top rated show which is a mixture of JEOPARDY and FAMILY FEUD. There are two teams, but any time the get too competitive or hostile towards each other, the show is temporarily stopped while a Third Party Investigation is launched.

In any case, a recent contestant picked the category:

THINGS YOU SAY TO A PERSON WHO
BLACKS OUT FROM DRINKING RUM
.​

He won won the grand prize when he answered in the requisite question-form:

WHAT IS "SCIENTOLOGY CAN HANDLE THAT"?

TheSneakster

Anyway, I finally found out the reason why, reading a book 'L.R.Hubbard, Messiah Or Madman" ( or was it the other book, I forget ) that Hubbard didn't come state side because he was being chased by the FBI.
Pardon me, but - after some years of reviewing critic information on Ron Hubbard and Scientology - it appears to me that particular claim is false. There has been no evidence presented to this day that any U.S. law enforcement agency was pursuing Ron Hubbard for any reason during the time period you mention. Neither had any warrants for his arrest had ever been issued in the United States. Even during the Scientology Nine trial, Ron Hubbard was only listed as an "unindicted co-conspirator" and not placed under any arrest warrant.

It is, however true that the U.S. I.R.S. was (from 1968 until 1993) denying the Church of Scientology of California and other C of S corporations 501(c) 3 tax exempt status for on that basis that they believed those organizations existed primarily for Hubbard's personal profit.

So far as I am aware, It is also true that Ron Hubbard was sequestered (whereabouts unknown) in January of 1980 (among other reasons) to prevent service of court summons for numerous civil suits filed by various parties which named him personally as one of the defendants. However, despite the propaganda claims of certain critics, it was not a crime or even a misdemeanor to do so. Many may reasonably consider that rather cowardly or detestable. I reckon I certainly do so consider it.

Pardon me, but - after some years of reviewing critic information on Ron Hubbard and Scientology - it appears to me that particular claim is false. There has been no evidence presented to this day that any U.S. law enforcement agency was pursuing Ron Hubbard for any reason during the time period you mention. Neither had any warrants for his arrest had ever been issued in the United States. Even during the Scientology Nine trial, Ron Hubbard was only listed as an "unindicted co-conspirator" and not placed under any arrest warrant.

It is, however true that the U.S. I.R.S. was (from 1968 until 1993) denying the Church of Scientology of California and other C of S corporations 501(c) 3 tax exempt status for on that basis that they believed those organizations existed primarily for Hubbard's personal profit.

So far as I am aware, It is also true that Ron Hubbard was sequestered (whereabouts unknown) in January of 1980 (among other reasons) to prevent service of court summons for numerous civil suits filed by various parties which named him personally as one of the defendants. However, despite the propaganda claims of certain critics, it was not a crime or even a misdemeanor to do so. Many may reasonably consider that rather cowardly or detestable. I reckon I certainly do so consider it.

Interesting, so Hubbard did not have a valid excuse for not appearing at any of the gala events held in his honor in Los Angeles during the 60s/70s ?

One wonders why, then, if he weren't being sought after by the law.

HelluvaHoax!

Interesting, so Hubbard did not have a valid excuse for not appearing at any of the gala events held in his honor in Los Angeles during the 60s/70s ?

LOL

Of course he was afraid to show up in public, as you already suspected.

Hubbard absolutely LOVED to be the center of attention and soak in all that "admiration" and love at public events. There are very few people on earth who have recorded as many audio lectures and filmed "congresses" and framed assortments of photographic self-portraits and busts of himself in every org in the world.

It is well known that Hubbard wanted nothing more than to clear his civil and financial and tax and criminal liabilities so that he could (once again) appear in public and receive those thunderous standing ovations. In fact Hubbard had dozens of missionaires fully dedicated to clearing all the liability shit-storms that he created and it was called "Operation Snow White" and there was an ancillary project to clear up Hubbard's financial, tax, civil and criminal liabilities under a name like "Operation All Clear" or something similar.

However the greatest OT in the universe (Hubbard) and all his supernaturally powerful OTs failed to clear his name, just like Hubbard failed to "Clear" himself or anyone else. Apparently Scientologists are not good at clearing, lol.

But they surely tried. Alas, all the commodore's horses and all the commodores men could not put Hubbardy-Dumb-OT back to together again.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"

LOL

Of course he was afraid to show up in public, as you already suspected.

Hubbard absolutely LOVED to be the center of attention and soak in all that "admiration" and love at public events. There are very few people on earth who have recorded as many audio lectures and filmed "congresses" and framed assortments of photographic self-portraits and busts of himself in every org in the world.

It is well known that Hubbard wanted nothing more than to clear his civil and financial and tax and criminal liabilities so that he could (once again) appear in public and receive those thunderous standing ovations. In fact Hubbard had dozens of missionaires fully dedicated to clearing all the liability shit-storms that he created and it was called "Operation Snow White" and there was an ancillary project to clear up Hubbard's financial, tax, civil and criminal liabilities under a name like "Operation All Clear" or something similar.

However the greatest OT in the universe (Hubbard) and all his supernaturally powerful OTs failed to clear his name, just like Hubbard failed to "Clear" himself or anyone else. Apparently Scientologists are not good at clearing, lol.

But they surely tried. Alas, all the commodore's horses and all the commodores men could not put Hubbardy-Dumb-OT back to together again.

Yeah, missing out on potential adulation of his followers had to be rough on him. His ego was so large it had it's own zip code. His ego was so large it was like a blackhole star sucking in over its event horizon ANY particle of admiration or attention within 3.79 parsecs.

(1 parsec = 3.26 light years)

Riddick

I clap to no man

Hubbard appeared many times in future events, as a bonze bust in missions and orgs and even a image on a wall for scientologists and events. LOL.

The LRH death shows hisself appearing at the 4 minute mark. Laughing out loud. What a joke the whole thing is.

freethinker

Controversial

Just to set the record straight about Hubbard never having "facetime" with cult members, I can think of one exception. Back in the day Hubbard personally invited movie director and legendary acting coach Milton Katselas to visit him on the floating "flagship". I have heard/read this story multiple times and in fact Milton told me that story personally when we met for the first time.

It was sort of the ultimate "name dropping" moment, LOL.

The story in it's simplest form is that Hubbard sent a personal written message to the noted Hollywood pro that read something like. "Come play with me on my boat, ML, Ron" So Milton went. The narrative then moves to the two of them staying up all night regaling each other with "Hollywood" and other stories, whilst laughing hysterically.

Pretty magical, right? I can't imagine anyone can top that story for pure PR points, supreme status and a jumbo admiration medallion. I mean, my God, the Commodore Source Savior himself flowed power to Milton, so he must have been a "big being" of comparable magnitude. Well that's how the story came across, who could doubt it?

Not so fast. (At this point we hear the sounds of screeching brakes, followed by a sickeningly loud crash---a few decades later........hey, these things take time).

In the last decade of his life (1998-2008) Milton spent precious little time "on-lines" (doing Scientology auditing or training), but instead continued to boom his personal prosperity and life-enjoyment with his elite acting school, financial windfalls, his artwork and pursuit of love/lust with Hollywood hotties.

Milton had what Scientologists lovingly refer to as "ETHICS PROTECTION". Being a famous celebrity in numerous domains (movie director, acting coach legend, wealthy flock member, FSM extraordinaire of other celebrities and their money/buddies, and the close personal friend of our Source & Savior L. Ron Hubbard!) Milton could play loose-and-free with the rules governing other mortal-level Scientologists who were required to "report" for courses, auditing, ethics cycles and other mandatory briefings and projects. Milton had "risen above" the command channel because he was (like Ron) a "big being" whom even Ron "flowed power to". What's not to like?

Fast forward this movie to how Scientology really works. Some readers may recall that there is a dark little secret within the cult known as "THE HUBBARD LAW OF COMMOTION". It generally states that "In Scientology for each and every code, creed, policy and piece of tech---there is an equal and opposite code, creed, policy and piece of tech." It's kinda like NEWTON'S LAW OF MOTION, but more OT.

Ergo, whatever immutable truth exists within Scientology, there is a completely contradictory truth. Milton was about to discover the shocking "surprising ending" to what he always believed about his BFF Ron and other trusted terminals at the theme park known as ScientologyLand.

After 1986, the 2nd most OT and on-source being in the universe (David Miscavige) took over the reins of power and began to fanatically apply all of his mentor's policies quite exactly. Well one of those policies (although completely hidden to all but the chief guru du jour) was that any un-alterable policy/rule could be easily changed any time for any reason if it pleased someone higher on the command channel. Milton never was required to clay demo this thundering fundamental supporting Scientology's 70 year crime wave but he was soon going to get "full conceptual understanding" of how it worked.

We now "jump cut" this movie to the final scenes. Milton has fallen into bad graces with "senior management" because he's wasn't standardly responding to the flood of orders that other Scientologist instantly salute and obey. Milton was not showing up to pay for and do auditing and courses! He was not donating massive suitcases of cash like other ethical planet clearers and super celebrities Cruise, Travolta and lesser messianic moviestars.

And, well-- you just don't disobey or displeasure the all-knowing power-sources uplines!

People were encouraged to "write KRs" on Milton. They obeyed.

People were excited and honored to have the opportunity to "slam ethics in" on Milton and they were more than happy to carry out their mission orders.

Public Scientologists (e.g. Grant Cardone) "took responsiblity" and began fanatically "third partying" and "fair gaming" and "shattering" Milton's thriving "Beverly Hills Playhouse" enterprises and it was game-on! Scientology students, actors, celebrities as well as Milton's employees and personal friends began to QUIT on him (disconnect) in rapid fashion. Milton's entire kingdom began to crumble and soon he died. This is the part where people like Tom Cruise and David Miscavige normally jump on stage and theatrically salute a jumbo image of Hubbard whist barking out their compliance in unison: "DONE SIR!" Scientologists are then supposed to leap to their feet in thunderous applause with tears streaming down their faces. Nobody knows exactly what really happened but that's not the point of large scale agitprop, is it? And Grant Cardone---well he became a legend too, just like Milton. And he now has ethics protection and nobody has written any KR's on him for doing the same exact things that he destroyed Milton Katselas for, namely banging multiple hot looking young actresses. No, Cardone should probably get a jumbo Freedom Medallion for that according to the Hubbard Law of Commotion.

Milton, as mentioned above, never did the clay demo, but he nonetheless learned how Scientology really works. Everyone eventually does, when their little boats navigate the same circles one too many times and crosses over the toxic wake of a bigger Scientology ship ahead of them.

CONCLUSION: So yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard never did face-time with lowly public or staff. And yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard always did face-time with lowly public or staff. This is what is meant by "total freedom". You are totally free to pick either scenario as you wish, whichever "floats your boat", so to speak.

You're bitter. and a lot more connected than you let on. Don't worry, they are losing.

HelluvaHoax!

You're bitter. and a lot more connected than you let on. Don't worry, they are losing.

Bitter? Not so. I am simply a realist. LOL.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion ("Don't worry"). That's why long ago I became a cheerful member in good standing of the COS (Church of Schadenfreude).

Last edited:

Barile

See, I was a Scientologist from 1966 until 1975. I was in the S.O. at the old 8th street Celeb Centre ( before Franklin Manor )

Anyway, every year they would have a big gala event ( of course ) but the thing was............

NOT ONCE, in the entire time I was in Scientology, did L. Ron Hubbard make one appearance, let alone, visit, Los Angeles. That made no sense to me, so I left.

I asked many a Scn about this, and I always got a cop out answer. Shit, if he was so damn OT, why can't he come and visit his flock, once in a while? it's not like L.A,
was some podunk outpost. So, because of this, I deemed that he really didn't give a shit about us, it was all a scam. I was 24 years old.

IN fact, I never found out about the space opera stuff until years later, in 2000 I got on the Alt.religion.Scientology Usenet group did I find out about all that stuff.
I never made clear, I was a grade four release, that's it, and I spent 18 months on the Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course, and audited for 50 hours, as required.
That course was held at the C.O.S at Bonnie Brae and 9th Ave. My course instructor was Bill Franks.

IN those days (late 60s), the books had a collegiate look to them, then one day, wham, everything went full on space opera, I thought it was gawdy as hell.

Anyway, I finally found out the reason why, reading a book 'L.R.Hubbard, Messiah Or Madman" ( or was it the other book, I forget ) that Hubbard didn't come state side because he was being chased by the FBI.

Also, every sunday they have sunday service, with a real llive lecturer. ( NO movies back then, actual people taught courses ).

I got out early and cheap. I think I didn't spent more than $600, all told. My sister stayed in for 30 years, she spent over $100,000 ! ( Two sisters, both Scientlogists and both passed away, so I can talk about it now without worrying about disconnection ).
Well, actually... he did actually make it to LA. Let me tell ya what happened. I was on an OT level, probably 2 or 3 at the time, this would have been about 1978, and I was driving down the street to go to AO to turn in my folder. I got to about LA org and I was looking down the street for a parking spot, and from about 150 yards away I saw a BMW motorcycle turn the corner and start heading up the street towards me. I have always been hooked on motorcycles so I was fixated on this thing. As I got closer, a large man with redish hair and a blue-grey silk shirt was piloting the bike.... I stuck my head out the window and sure enough.... he looked at me like "oh, shit.. I been spotted". It was indeed like spotting Big Foot. I dropped off my folder at AO and buzzed back to CC and ran into Ray Mithoff's office, slammed the door and said, "you'll never guess who I just saw." He looked at me quizzically for a moment and his eyes opened wide and he said, "LRH?". I said ya, sure did. About a half hour later, back in my office in the HGC, Barb Harris, messenger, walked in and said, "keep it quiet". Actually, all the messengers were in LA. So that's my bigfoot story, and I'm sticking to it. Returning to the scene of the crime.... priceless.

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Yeah, missing out on potential adulation of his followers had to be rough on him. His ego was so large it had it's own zip code. His ego was so large it was like a blackhole star sucking in over its event horizon ANY particle of admiration or attention within 3.79 parsecs.

(1 parsec = 3.26 light years)

Parsec - Wikipedia

true dat, his patter would fall apart with actual 2 way discussion.

Hubbard never did face time with any of us, so he didn't physically hypnotize us. I guess you can say he hypnotized us thru his books and lectures. Is there such a thing?
I think the word there would be 'mesmerized'.

TheSneakster

I dropped off my folder at AO and buzzed back to CC and ran into Ray Mithoff's office, slammed the door and said, "you'll never guess who I just saw." He looked at me quizzically for a moment and his eyes opened wide and he said, "LRH?". I said ya, sure did. About a half hour later, back in my office in the HGC, Barb Harris, messenger, walked in and said, "keep it quiet".
I'm moderately certain that I saw Ron Hubbard late one night (IIRC, around very early 1981 - after he had gone completely mobile and well before he settled in to Creston Ranch in early 1983) in what was then the AOLA Folder Archives in the basement of the old Cedars Research Building. There was a good size office down there which he quietly entered with some pre-OT (?) folders.

If it was actually him, I now reckon he was studying pre-OT folders. This is a total guess, but I reckon this had something to do people being set up for NOTS, which was only being delivered at Flag Service Org in Clearwater.

While I was still a member of the C of S, I never revealed this to anyone out of respect for his obvious wish for a low profile.

Last edited:

Veda

Well, actually... he did actually make it to LA. Let me tell ya what happened. I was on an OT level, probably 2 or 3 at the time, this would have been about 1978, and I was driving down the street to go to AO to turn in my folder. I got to about LA org and I was looking down the street for a parking spot, and from about 150 yards away I saw a BMW motorcycle turn the corner and start heading up the street towards me. I have always been hooked on motorcycles so I was fixated on this thing. As I got closer, a large man with redish hair and a blue-grey silk shirt was piloting the bike.... I stuck my head out the window and sure enough.... he looked at me like "oh, shit.. I been spotted". It was indeed like spotting Big Foot. I dropped off my folder at AO and buzzed back to CC and ran into Ray Mithoff's office, slammed the door and said, "you'll never guess who I just saw." He looked at me quizzically for a moment and his eyes opened wide and he said, "LRH?". I said ya, sure did. About a half hour later, back in my office in the HGC, Barb Harris, messenger, walked in and said, "keep it quiet". Actually, all the messengers were in LA. So that's my bigfoot story, and I'm sticking to it. Returning to the scene of the crime.... priceless.

Here's an account from the time period after Hubbard had done the New Vitality Lectures in Daytona Beach, after secretly arriving in Florida. Hubbard would have felt confident during this period, as he was enjoying being in Florida and off the ship.

Unfortunately, though, he went to a barber to get his hair cut and was recognized by the barber who was a big fan of his (pre Scientology) pulp fiction and lavished him with praise, which, overcame the usual caution (some would say paranoia). Unfortunately, the barber excitedly told his friends that he had cut the hair, and talked with, L. Ron Hubbard, and Hubbard's cover was blown.

Hubbard secretly fled Florida, originally intending to arrive (and hide out) in New York City - as he had successfully done in late 1972 and into 1973, when he was wanted for fraud in France, and had secretly resided in Queens, New York for a while.

Photo during the time in Queens, New York in 1973

Even Hubbard's inner circle did not know he was was fleeing to New York again, as he left Florida.

Being driven, with two aides in the car, he began to have some trouble breathing while on the New Jersey turnpike. Because of oil refineries in the area, air quality was poor. Hubbard had to resort to breathing with an oxygen tank, which was in the back seat with him.

The decision was made to turn around and go to Washington DC, where the air quality was
better.

This was the spring of 1976, during the time that the covert Op (Operation Dynamite) to frame and have imprisoned or institutionalized author Paulette Cooper - which had almost succeeded a few years earlier - was renamed Operation Freakout, and was in the process of being attempted again. (Michael Meisner was soon to be arrested in connection with Project Snow White and, then, spilled the beans to the Feds, so Operation Freakout never achieved fruition).

From Washington, DC, Hubbard personally supervised Op Freakout and very much wanted it to succeed fully this time.

Here's some of the paperwork from Operation Freakout.

These documents were obtained during the issuance of federal search warrants, on the Washington, DC Scientology Organization during July 1977.

Soon there after, Hubbard was convicted, in absentia, of fraud in France.

But enough of this.

Returning to happier times - before secretly fleeing to Washington, DC, before Michael Meisner was nabbed, and before the July 1977 FBI raids.

Returning to happier times in Florida, and the first paragraph of this post.

It was during late 1975 or early 1976 that Hubbard may have secretly traveled to California to examine his recent real estate acquisitions. (This was also the 30th anniversary of the Babalon (sic) Working in early 1946, in Pasadena, with Jack Parsons, to create a "non human child." Some say that "non human child" is Scientology. But no more digressing!)

The following is excerpted from an affidavit, from a former Sea Org member named Ann Bailey.

The alleged event occurred at the Celebrity Center on the top floor or penthouse.

_________________Quoting from the affidavit_____________________

Sitting on one of the chairs... was a heavy set older man. He had reddish grey hair, slightly long in the back. He was wearing a white shirt, black pants, black tie, and black shoes, highly polished...

He didn't say a word and slowly got up, motioned me to follow him into the next room.

I found myself in a lavish bedroom...

Without a word he suddenly began to undress me.

I was repelled by him.

I did not want to sleep with him. yet, I really felt chilled and cold to the bone at that moment.

I acutely senses real fear and danger in the room, In an instant I realized the calculated power coming from this person. If I resisted I knew my punishment would be extreme.

His eyes were so blank, no emotion, no interaction, nothing was there.

I made the decision not to resist no matter what happened. I realized it would be a bad mistake for me to do so. He seemed to be completely divorced from reality. He was so strange that I realized that if I provoked him he could be extremely dangerous.

I let him undress me without resisting...

______________________End of Quote_____________________

Have some things to do, maybe I'll complete it later.

mimsey borogrove

When they held the 25th anniversary in long beach it was hoped he would show up, after all his dad was there, as was Dianna. Instead they played a short audio tape he had made. Kinda of a let down. I remember seeing his dad stand up, to a round of applause.

I dunno why he stopped lecturing in person - but it would have been epic, and perhaps the biggest crowd he had ever faced.

Mimsey

Veda

When they held the 25th anniversary in long beach it was hoped he would show up, after all his dad was there, as was Dianna. Instead they played a short audio tape he had made. Kinda of a let down. I remember seeing his dad stand up, to a round of applause.

I dunno why he stopped lecturing in person - but it would have been epic, and perhaps the biggest crowd he had ever faced.

Mimsey
He was paranoid, plus a little busy.

Months before the landing, the Fort Harrision had been purchased using the disguise of a front group.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

A blessing in disguise; I can't help but think that if Ron Hubbard had made public appearances that some of us here might not have left when we did finally leave or worse maybe some of us would still be in the cult.

D

Deleted member 51

Just to set the record straight about Hubbard never having "facetime" with cult members, I can think of one exception. Back in the day Hubbard personally invited movie director and legendary acting coach Milton Katselas to visit him on the floating "flagship". I have heard/read this story multiple times and in fact Milton told me that story personally when we met for the first time.

It was sort of the ultimate "name dropping" moment, LOL.

The story in it's simplest form is that Hubbard sent a personal written message to the noted Hollywood pro that read something like. "Come play with me on my boat, ML, Ron" So Milton went. The narrative then moves to the two of them staying up all night regaling each other with "Hollywood" and other stories, whilst laughing hysterically.

Pretty magical, right? I can't imagine anyone can top that story for pure PR points, supreme status and a jumbo admiration medallion. I mean, my God, the Commodore Source Savior himself flowed power to Milton, so he must have been a "big being" of comparable magnitude. Well that's how the story came across, who could doubt it?

Not so fast. (At this point we hear the sounds of screeching brakes, followed by a sickeningly loud crash---a few decades later........hey, these things take time).

In the last decade of his life (1998-2008) Milton spent precious little time "on-lines" (doing Scientology auditing or training), but instead continued to boom his personal prosperity and life-enjoyment with his elite acting school, financial windfalls, his artwork and pursuit of love/lust with Hollywood hotties.

Milton had what Scientologists lovingly refer to as "ETHICS PROTECTION". Being a famous celebrity in numerous domains (movie director, acting coach legend, wealthy flock member, FSM extraordinaire of other celebrities and their money/buddies, and the close personal friend of our Source & Savior L. Ron Hubbard!) Milton could play loose-and-free with the rules governing other mortal-level Scientologists who were required to "report" for courses, auditing, ethics cycles and other mandatory briefings and projects. Milton had "risen above" the command channel because he was (like Ron) a "big being" whom even Ron "flowed power to". What's not to like?

Fast forward this movie to how Scientology really works. Some readers may recall that there is a dark little secret within the cult known as "THE HUBBARD LAW OF COMMOTION". It generally states that "In Scientology for each and every code, creed, policy and piece of tech---there is an equal and opposite code, creed, policy and piece of tech." It's kinda like NEWTON'S LAW OF MOTION, but more OT.

Ergo, whatever immutable truth exists within Scientology, there is a completely contradictory truth. Milton was about to discover the shocking "surprising ending" to what he always believed about his BFF Ron and other trusted terminals at the theme park known as ScientologyLand.

After 1986, the 2nd most OT and on-source being in the universe (David Miscavige) took over the reins of power and began to fanatically apply all of his mentor's policies quite exactly. Well one of those policies (although completely hidden to all but the chief guru du jour) was that any un-alterable policy/rule could be easily changed any time for any reason if it pleased someone higher on the command channel. Milton never was required to clay demo this thundering fundamental supporting Scientology's 70 year crime wave but he was soon going to get "full conceptual understanding" of how it worked.

We now "jump cut" this movie to the final scenes. Milton has fallen into bad graces with "senior management" because he's wasn't standardly responding to the flood of orders that other Scientologist instantly salute and obey. Milton was not showing up to pay for and do auditing and courses! He was not donating massive suitcases of cash like other ethical planet clearers and super celebrities Cruise, Travolta and lesser messianic moviestars.

And, well-- you just don't disobey or displeasure the all-knowing power-sources uplines!

People were encouraged to "write KRs" on Milton. They obeyed.

People were excited and honored to have the opportunity to "slam ethics in" on Milton and they were more than happy to carry out their mission orders.

Public Scientologists (e.g. Grant Cardone) "took responsiblity" and began fanatically "third partying" and "fair gaming" and "shattering" Milton's thriving "Beverly Hills Playhouse" enterprises and it was game-on! Scientology students, actors, celebrities as well as Milton's employees and personal friends began to QUIT on him (disconnect) in rapid fashion. Milton's entire kingdom began to crumble and soon he died. This is the part where people like Tom Cruise and David Miscavige normally jump on stage and theatrically salute a jumbo image of Hubbard whist barking out their compliance in unison: "DONE SIR!" Scientologists are then supposed to leap to their feet in thunderous applause with tears streaming down their faces. Nobody knows exactly what really happened but that's not the point of large scale agitprop, is it? And Grant Cardone---well he became a legend too, just like Milton. And he now has ethics protection and nobody has written any KR's on him for doing the same exact things that he destroyed Milton Katselas for, namely banging multiple hot looking young actresses. No, Cardone should probably get a jumbo Freedom Medallion for that according to the Hubbard Law of Commotion.

Milton, as mentioned above, never did the clay demo, but he nonetheless learned how Scientology really works. Everyone eventually does, when their little boats navigate the same circles one too many times and crosses over the toxic wake of a bigger Scientology ship ahead of them.

CONCLUSION: So yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard never did face-time with lowly public or staff. And yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard always did face-time with lowly public or staff. This is what is meant by "total freedom". You are totally free to pick either scenario as you wish, whichever "floats your boat", so to speak.

I remember Milton Katselas. He was a nice man, friendly to everyone, downright sweet. He had his own mind and was so creative, never obnoxious and rude like Grant Cardone. I’m so sorry to learn this happened to him, Scientology is a vicious, cannibalistic scam, but Grant Cardone is an intolerable, lying, big-mouthed, no-talent creep not worthy of licking Milton Katselas’ boots.

TheSneakster

It was during late 1975 or early 1976 that Hubbard may have secretly traveled to California ... [rank speculation ellided]

The following is excerpted from an affidavit, from a former Sea Org member named Ann Bailey.

The alleged event occurred at the Celebrity Center on the top floor or penthouse.
You don't much like people fact checking your claims, which is why you never link the actual primary sources from which you cherry pick.

Ms. Bailey's affidavit (link) was made for the 1980 Clearwater Scientology hearings, was not sworn under oath and was never presented in a Court of Law. So, there was no risk of court punishment for perjury, eh? It was never presented in a Court of Law. In fact, there exists no record of any civil or criminal charges filed in the matter of this alleged felony.

Here is the actual paragraph from the affidavit you heavily altered above:

Ann Bailey said:
In late 1975, I was told to report to HCO. The HAS at that time was Lee Heerling. She informed me that I was to report to the Fifield Manor and go to the seventh floor. She gave me no other information. I did this without knowing why I was going.
So, the rape allegation is dated late 1975, not early 1976 as you assert.

Per Janis Gillham Grady, whom I contacted to verify your claim, Ron Hubbard as on the Apollo until September of 1975, then Daytona Beach, FL and Dunedin, FL through the end of the year. Other sources such as Steve "Sarge" Pfauth" and John Brousseau (among others) have publicly stated that Hubbard had a small support and security staff with him in Daytona and that he relocated to Dunedin, Florida not long after to run the Ft. Harrison Hotel renovations and other Sea Org missions.

Of course, since you fancy yourself the Ultimate Authority on all things Ron Hubbard, you most certainly knew (or should have known) the rape claim in that affidavit was a falsehood long, long ago.

Last edited:

Veda

You don't much like people fact checking your claims, which is why you never link the actual primary sources from which you cherry pick.
Your diligence, as a proud Scientologist, in striking down false data about L. Ron Hubbard, is impressive.

Originally this Clearwater Commission document was linked through American-Buddha.com, which was available through a site associated with Ralph Nader. The Bailey document, and the list of all the Clearwater Commission documents, had been available through that site.

Scientology Inc. has a way of making documents disappear and people go silent. Perhaps you could be a helpful fellow and find a link to all the Clearwater Commission documents.

I originally read the Ann Bailey Affidavit, in its original paper form, in 1984, and dismissed it. Then, after a year of examining thousands of pages of documents from the secret world of Hubbard and Scientology, and hearing the accounts of numerous witnesses of that secret world, I no longer dismissed it.

It could have happened, but Ann Bailey had been silenced, and we'll probably never know for sure.

Otto Roos, in his 1984 Write Up, described "off the beaten track" private projects - that Otto called "weirdies" - that Hubbard would occasionally embark upon, "Angels of the Moon," being one of them. Was this one of Hubbard's private projects or experiments?

So many people have been violated by Hubbard, and then "erased" or silenced. The Scientologists protecting Hubbard's "image" and monuments don't like it, but Ann Bailey's voice has not yet been permanently silenced.

Ms. Bailey's affidavit (link) was made for the 1980 Clearwater Scientology hearings, was not sworn under oath and was never presented in a Court of Law. So, there was no risk of court punishment for perjury, eh? It was never presented in a Court of Law. In fact, there exists no record of any civil or criminal charges filed in the matter of this alleged felony.

Here is the actual paragraph from the affidavit you heavily altered above:

So, the rape allegation is dated late 1975, not early 1976 as you assert.

Per Janis Gillham Grady, whom I contacted to verify your claim, Ron Hubbard as on the Apollo until September of 1975, then Daytona Beach, FL and Dunedin, FL through the end of the year.
Hubbard didn't trust his closest people and, apparently, had no problem lying to them. For example, when he secretly left Florida (ending up in Washington, DC) around February of 1976, he took with him only Kima and Mike Douglas. As far as I know, the others had no idea he had left Florida.

Other sources such as Steve "Sarge" Pfauth" and John Brousseau (among others) have publicly stated that Hubbard had a small support and security staff with him in Daytona and that he relocated to Dunedin, Florida not long after to run the Ft. Harrison Hotel renovations and other Sea Org missions.
Hubbard moved secretly. He was paranoid. I'm not sure what your point is.

Of course, since you fancy yourself the Ultimate Authority on all things Ron Hubbard, you most certainly knew (or should have known) the rape claim in that affidavit was a falsehood long, long ago.
What was described would certainly qualify as rape, but not ordinary rape, and is similar to an occult practice which I won't bother trying to explain, except to note that it appears, amongst other things, to have been an attempt at a sort of spiritual vampirism.

I'll just finish adding the excerpt from the affidavit (continued from post 34 of this thread).

_____________________________________Begin continuation of quote__________________________________

I was totally unprepared for what happened next.

He lay on top of me.

As far as I can tell he had no erection. However, using his hand in some way he managed to get his penis inside me.

Then for the next hour he did absolutely nothing at all. I mean nothing!

After the first twenty-five minutes I became about as frightened as I have ever been in my life. I felt as if in some perverse way he was telling me he hated me as a female. I then began to feel that my mind was being ripped away from me by force.

That was the worst of it all. I really felt he coveted an aspect of my personalty and wanted it. This was weird, total control on a level I could not fathom at the time. I had no idea what was happening.

After about a half hour I really thought I was going crazy. I couldn't move my body from underneath him, and I could feel he still had no erection.

He wouldn't look at me, but instead kept his head averted to the side and just gazed into space.

I had to discipline myself to keep from screaming because I felt I was having a nervous breakdown. Then I got the terrible thought that he was dead. He was hardly breathing. Then I thought he would kill me too. My thoughts became very morbid.

After an hour he got up and walked out.

I just lay there for ten minutes. Then mechanically I got dressed.

Instantly after that I began crying hysterically. I cried and cried and cried...

I didn't say a word to anyone.

_________________________________End of quote________________________________​