I left Scientology in 1975 for one overlooked, but important, reason

HelluvaHoax!

story posted by Barile
Well, actually... he did actually make it to LA. Let me tell ya what happened. I was on an OT level, probably 2 or 3 at the time, this would have been about 1978, and I was driving down the street to go to AO to turn in my folder. I got to about LA org and
I was looking down the street for a parking spot, and from about 150 yards away I saw a BMW motorcycle turn the corner and start heading up the street towards me. I have always been hooked on motorcycles so I was fixated on this thing. As I got closer, a large man with reddish hair and a blue-grey silk shirt was piloting the bike.... I stuck my head out the window and sure enough.... he looked at me like "oh, shit.. I been spotted". It was indeed like spotting Big Foot. I dropped off my folder at AO and buzzed back to CC and ran into Ray Mithoff's office, slammed the door and said, "you'll never guess who I just saw." He looked at me quizzically for a moment and his eyes opened wide and he said, "LRH?". I said ya, sure did. . . (snipped).

Cool story!

If that experience had happened to me, I would have sent it into ADVANCE! MAGAZINE* so it could have been published with all the other OT parking wins! .. :giggle:

* Advance! Magazine: A periodic Scientology publication specializing in two (2) types of OT wins. 93% of the OT success stories involve miraculous events related to looking for parking spaces. The other 7% involve household appliances like toasters and waffle makers not working until an OT "spots the being" with a failed purpose inhabiting it, whereupon "the being" joyfully exteriorizes/blows and the device can continue producing an ever-increasing statistic of VFPs (Valuable Food Products).

This is NOT OK !!!!

Talking about "Capstan Tech", for anyone who isn't familiar. . .

There were thousands of Hubbard taped lectures. Imagine being in a stuffy course room and listening from morning until night to Hubbard pontificate about everything that has happened in the physical universe for quadrillions of years.

And with total certainty! lol

Well, it just got to be way too much to bear. So students discovered and used a little gimmick to SPEED UP the tapes to chipmunk levels---by tearing a piece of paper and rolling it up into a one inch cylinder; and then wrapping that around the "capstan" that controlled the speed the magnetic audiotape was running.

Thinking back on this today, it seems that everyone should have known there was something terribly wrong.

SURE SIGNS THAT SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY
WRONG WITH YOUR CULT

When the cult leader is revealing to you all of
the most fantastic and amazing secrets of the
universe and laying naked before your eager
eyes the very mystery of Life itself. Yet
you feel he is wasting your time and so
you turn the tape speed wayyyyyy up
so that you can finish that shit
and get the hell out of
there ASAP!

WOW!!!

I'm ready to attest to Truth Revealed!!

I always wondered why orgs could not have adequate supplies of toilet paper. Many answers have been given, none of which blew down my needle.

The real reasons orgs do not have toilet paper is to keep the out-ethics students from wrapping it around the capstan to speed up the spoken insanity of Tubs!

Wow!

I mean,

WOW!!!!
Floating TA, VGIs,​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

WOW!!!

I'm ready to attest to Truth Revealed!!

I always wondered why orgs could not have adequate supplies of toilet paper. Many answers have been given then, now, here and there, none of which blew down my needle.

The real reasons orgs do not have toilet paper is to keep the out ethics students from wrapping it around the capstan to speed up the spoken insanity of Tubs!

Wow!

I mean,

WOW!!!!!
Floating TA, VGIs,

LOL!!!

That toilet-paper-repurposing to fast forward Ron's interminable audio lectures is hilarious.

For anyone who has never sped up Dr. Hubbard's lectures, let me assure you that it sounds remarkably similar to the musical album "BEST HITS OF THE CHIPMUNKS!"

If I was advising COB, I'd suggest to immediately leverage and monetize the entire LRH audio lecture portfolio (speeded up to chipmunk-helium levels) and release a remix compilation album called: "FAST FORWARD FOUNDER!"

Ed8

What was described would certainly qualify as rape, but not ordinary rape, and is similar to an occult practice which I won't bother trying to explain, except to note that it appears, amongst other things, to have been an attempt at a sort of spiritual vampirism.
Read The alleged plagarizing novel The Magician, by W. Somerset Maugham. In it, Maugham describes the effect of this technique being used by a character who is a thinly veiled Aleister Crowley. Hubbard was in Crowley's O.T.O. when Hubbard was in Pasadena CA, and obviously received training in Magick. Let me just state that the upper indoc TRs are based on the technique used by magicians to command spirits, and appear to me to be based thereon without revealing the secret: Will. Someone trained in such techniques can also use them on people.

Cat's Squirrel

Read The alleged plagarizing novel The Magician, by W. Somerset Maugham. In it, Maugham describes the effect of this technique being used by a character who is a thinly veiled Aleister Crowley. Hubbard was in Crowley's O.T.O. when Hubbard was in Pasadena CA, and obviously received training in Magick. Let me just state that the upper indoc TRs are based on the technique used by magicians to command spirits, and appear to me to be based thereon without revealing the secret: Will. Someone trained in such techniques can also use them on people.
According to Colin Wilson, Gurdjieff was able to do something similar from a distance - he was able to bring a woman to orgasm who was sitting in a nearby table at a restaurant, by projecting some sort of occult force at her, so I have little doubt that something like this is possible. I tend to believe stories about Gurdjieff, who IMO was a remarkable if not particularly pleasant man.

Stuart Wilde (RIP) also describes, in one of his books ("The Trick To Money Is Having Some", I think), the case of a female occultist he'd known who would masturbate men in the etheric when she wanted something from them (e.g. a bank loan).

I don't think either of these actions are very ethical and certainly wouldn't recommend emulating them (I believe that one of the most important rules for anyone wanting to progress on the path is non-interference with or intrusion on others); my point in mentioning them is simply to raise the question of whether or not they're possible.

Ed8

According to Colin Wilson, Gurdjieff was able to do something similar from a distance - he was able to bring a woman to orgasm who was sitting in a nearby table at a restaurant, by projecting some sort of occult force at her, so I have little doubt that something like this is possible. I tend to believe stories about Gurdjieff, who IMO was a remarkable if not particularly pleasant man.

Stuart Wilde (RIP) also describes, in one of his books ("The Trick To Money Is Having Some", I think), the case of a female occultist he'd known who would masturbate men in the etheric when she wanted something from them (e.g. a bank loan).

I don't think either of these actions are very ethical and certainly wouldn't recommend emulating them (I believe that one of the most important rules for anyone wanting to progress on the path is non-interference with or intrusion on others); my point in mentioning them is simply to raise the question of whether or not they're possible.
Cat's Squirrel,
You are right, these actions are very unethical. They are magick done using the body field and the theta body, both of which are energy fields. The theta body field is particularly powerful; it is this specific field used to acquire a body, whether a baby body after death of an old one, or stealing an adult body from its owner. It's also used by people to force others to have sex. It is a credit to W. Somerset Maugham that he was spiritually sensitive enough to spot this in Crowley; Crowley must have directed it at him, perhaps to silence him at the table?

The ability is very lose-lose (I lose and you lose), which casts an interesting harsh light on both sex and assuming a new body.
cheers
Ed

TheSneakster

Interesting, so Hubbard did not have a valid excuse for not appearing at any of the gala events held in his honor in Los Angeles during the 60s/70s ?
Exactly what officially sanctioned gala events were ever conducted in Los Angeles in Hubbard's honor at which he promised to appear but failed to do so ?

From early-1961 to late 1965, Ron Hubbard was at St. Hill, Sussex, England delivering the St. Hill Special Briefing Course (SHSBC) and researching a great deal of advanced material above Scientology Grades 0-IV that culminated in the Clearing Course. During the SHSBC, the only way to see Hubbard was become a student auditor on that course. This was well known at the time, too. From 1966-1975, he was running first his Sea Project and then The Sea Organization until the Apollo came ashore and the Flag Land Base was established.

When Hubbard was in charge, the organizations were - according to very clear and specific Public Division policy - forbidden from holding any expensive ("gala") public events at all. There was nothing even remotely like David "Darth Midget" Miscavige's gala Incessant Abusive Solicitation (IAS) donation events. The only authorized public events were Congresses, which were primarily teaching events aimed at introducing new people to Scientology techniques on an introductory level and to teach newer technical materials to practicing Scientologists.

Marko Ex

"NOT ONCE, in the entire time I was in Scientology, did L. Ron Hubbard make one appearance, let alone, visit, Los Angeles. That made no sense to me, so I left."

Makes sense and you connected dots There was a poster known as A Face In The Crowd on the ESMB board that mentioned he Hisself, Hubbard, never did face time with people of wealth who wanted to talk with him.

Which is why I say it's all rhetoric, Hubbard only wrote words and recorded them thru lectures and became written words only by transcript, but no actual face time, no Q & A in any of his words.

Here's whats kind of funny, the same can be written of DM, he does no face time except for a few in the inner circle. LOL

LOL

No face time. Yes. Exert minimum face-to-face effort on THE CON whilst yielding maximum benefit. Adds mystery and altitude and greases the grift. Plus, Flaphard was not, nor is Slappy now, the sharpest tool in the shed. Brazenly abusive and narcissistic? Yes. Greedy, selfish, and cruel? Yes. Keep 'em indoctrinated and disassociated and forking over assets, "buns up kneeling"(to qoute Frank Zappa)! SPEED AND CONSTANCY OF CULTY FUCKERY FLOW EQUALS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN OFFSHORE ACCOUNTS!
HOO WEE! TO INTERGALACTIC MACK STATUS-AND BEYOND!!!😂😂😂

Just to set the record straight about Hubbard never having "facetime" with cult members, I can think of one exception. Back in the day Hubbard personally invited movie director and legendary acting coach Milton Katselas to visit him on the floating "flagship". I have heard/read this story multiple times and in fact Milton told me that story personally when we met for the first time.

It was sort of the ultimate "name dropping" moment, LOL.

The story in it's simplest form is that Hubbard sent a personal written message to the noted Hollywood pro that read something like. "Come play with me on my boat, ML, Ron" So Milton went. The narrative then moves to the two of them staying up all night regaling each other with "Hollywood" and other stories, whilst laughing hysterically.

Pretty magical, right? I can't imagine anyone can top that story for pure PR points, supreme status and a jumbo admiration medallion. I mean, my God, the Commodore Source Savior himself flowed power to Milton, so he must have been a "big being" of comparable magnitude. Well that's how the story came across, who could doubt it?

Not so fast. (At this point we hear the sounds of screeching brakes, followed by a sickeningly loud crash---a few decades later........hey, these things take time).

In the last decade of his life (1998-2008) Milton spent precious little time "on-lines" (doing Scientology auditing or training), but instead continued to boom his personal prosperity and life-enjoyment with his elite acting school, financial windfalls, his artwork and pursuit of love/lust with Hollywood hotties.

Milton had what Scientologists lovingly refer to as "ETHICS PROTECTION". Being a famous celebrity in numerous domains (movie director, acting coach legend, wealthy flock member, FSM extraordinaire of other celebrities and their money/buddies, and the close personal friend of our Source & Savior L. Ron Hubbard!) Milton could play loose-and-free with the rules governing other mortal-level Scientologists who were required to "report" for courses, auditing, ethics cycles and other mandatory briefings and projects. Milton had "risen above" the command channel because he was (like Ron) a "big being" whom even Ron "flowed power to". What's not to like?

Fast forward this movie to how Scientology really works. Some readers may recall that there is a dark little secret within the cult known as "THE HUBBARD LAW OF COMMOTION". It generally states that "In Scientology for each and every code, creed, policy and piece of tech---there is an equal and opposite code, creed, policy and piece of tech." It's kinda like NEWTON'S LAW OF MOTION, but more OT.

Ergo, whatever immutable truth exists within Scientology, there is a completely contradictory truth. Milton was about to discover the shocking "surprising ending" to what he always believed about his BFF Ron and other trusted terminals at the theme park known as ScientologyLand.

After 1986, the 2nd most OT and on-source being in the universe (David Miscavige) took over the reins of power and began to fanatically apply all of his mentor's policies quite exactly. Well one of those policies (although completely hidden to all but the chief guru du jour) was that any un-alterable policy/rule could be easily changed any time for any reason if it pleased someone higher on the command channel. Milton never was required to clay demo this thundering fundamental supporting Scientology's 70 year crime wave but he was soon going to get "full conceptual understanding" of how it worked.

We now "jump cut" this movie to the final scenes. Milton has fallen into bad graces with "senior management" because he's wasn't standardly responding to the flood of orders that other Scientologist instantly salute and obey. Milton was not showing up to pay for and do auditing and courses! He was not donating massive suitcases of cash like other ethical planet clearers and super celebrities Cruise, Travolta and lesser messianic moviestars.

And, well-- you just don't disobey or displeasure the all-knowing power-sources uplines!

People were encouraged to "write KRs" on Milton. They obeyed.

People were excited and honored to have the opportunity to "slam ethics in" on Milton and they were more than happy to carry out their mission orders.

Public Scientologists (e.g. Grant Cardone) "took responsiblity" and began fanatically "third partying" and "fair gaming" and "shattering" Milton's thriving "Beverly Hills Playhouse" enterprises and it was game-on! Scientology students, actors, celebrities as well as Milton's employees and personal friends began to QUIT on him (disconnect) in rapid fashion. Milton's entire kingdom began to crumble and soon he died. This is the part where people like Tom Cruise and David Miscavige normally jump on stage and theatrically salute a jumbo image of Hubbard whist barking out their compliance in unison: "DONE SIR!" Scientologists are then supposed to leap to their feet in thunderous applause with tears streaming down their faces. Nobody knows exactly what really happened but that's not the point of large scale agitprop, is it? And Grant Cardone---well he became a legend too, just like Milton. And he now has ethics protection and nobody has written any KR's on him for doing the same exact things that he destroyed Milton Katselas for, namely banging multiple hot looking young actresses. No, Cardone should probably get a jumbo Freedom Medallion for that according to the Hubbard Law of Commotion.

Milton, as mentioned above, never did the clay demo, but he nonetheless learned how Scientology really works. Everyone eventually does, when their little boats navigate the same circles one too many times and crosses over the toxic wake of a bigger Scientology ship ahead of them.

CONCLUSION: So yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard never did face-time with lowly public or staff. And yes, it's true that L. Ron Hubbard always did face-time with lowly public or staff. This is what is meant by "total freedom". You are totally free to pick either scenario as you wish, whichever "floats your boat", so to speak.

I wasn't talking about 'face time', and he did cater to celebs, and spoke with sea org members on the Apollo. I'm talking about that he never appeared at the yearly gala events held in Los Angeles in his honor. Not once in the 9 years I was a member, nor did he even bother to personally visit the orgs.

Not once.