I can't reach the original ESMB. The error message that I receive is: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
I can't reach the original ESMB. The error message that I receive is:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.forum.exscn.net uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Screenshot_20210219-063549_1613742210850.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? I use the original ESMB for research and to link to posts there. Many of my threads here start with a link to the thread on the original ESMB for previous information.

/

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
That is weird ... it was OK about a week ago.

I've just emailed Emma and ask her if she knows what is happening ... hopefully she will be able to fix it but it is very late where she is so she may not see the email until morning.

Emma

A brilliant germ, safe from windmill cancer
That is weird ... it was OK about a week ago.

I've just emailed Emma and ask her if she knows what is happening ... hopefully she will be able to fix it but it is very late where she is so she may not see the email until morning.
You know me! I'm a night owl :)

I finally got some time to do the things I've been wanting to do with ESMB for ages. We all know the search is messed up and the software is old. ESMB is on XenForo v1 and ESMBr is on v2. So I arranged for the software to be upgraded and the search fixed. I guess it's offline because they are doing exactly that.

Once it comes back on line it will look quite similar to this board which I think will be a good thing as people will see some continuity between the sites. There will be a different header and I'll make it look a little different but the overall site will have a similar look and feel to this one.

@Veda I'm also going to update the exscn.net site. I'll try to keep the links the same.

I'll keep you updated.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I can't reach the original ESMB. The error message that I receive is:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.forum.exscn.net uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

View attachment 9526

Does anyone know how to fix this? I use the original ESMB for research and to link to posts there. Many of my threads here start with a link to the thread on the original ESMB for previous information.

/
When I use "https://www.forum.exscn.net/" I got that error too

When I go "Ex Scientologist Message Board" (http instead of https) it works

I recall that some software protocols that support secure connections got retired in the last year or two, it might be a version mismatch.

Emma

Enthetan

Emma

Hmmmm I just noticed that if you click on the links that Enthetan provided, one takes you to forum.exscn.net and the other to exscn/forum.net. It looks like he has moved the forum to a subdirectory. I'll have to look into this.

Enthetan

Hmmmm I just noticed that if you click on the links that Enthetan provided, one takes you to forum.exscn.net and the other to exscn/forum.net. It looks like he has moved the forum to a subdirectory. I'll have to look into this.
I think what happens is, when you successfully connect to "forum.exscn.net", it re-directs you to exscn.net/forum, but if your secure connection attempt fails, then that doesn't happen

Emma

All the connections are working now. You can access it at:

forum.exscn.net
or
exscn.net/forum

I don't think it will be offline much - maybe when the upgrade is being applied.

It will be good to finally get this done.

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news

forum.exscn.net
or
exscn.net/forum

I don't think it will be offline much - maybe when the upgrade is being applied.

Thank you very much for keeping ESMB online. It is an invaluable resource. As I said earlier, many of my threads here (e.g,, re Tony Muhammad, Rizza Islam, and the partnership between the COS and the NOI) start with a link to the original thread on ESMB. In addition, I frequently search ESMB for historical information, links, photos and videos. ESMB contains a wealth of information not readily available (if at all) elsewhere.

/

Veda

forum.exscn.net
or
exscn.net/forum

Thanks.

This link, http://exscn.net/, that previously led to a large collection of articles, appears to be gone and now leads to the message board instead.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Although, as of now, the archive of posts only covers 2008 to 2014.
I can find threads and posts from 2019 . . . just not from the local ESMB search bar.

Google search using the preface "site:exscn.net/forum" should work, though laborious.
And the collection of articles . . .
Here's one index page from the Wayback Machine that provides navigation
to a bunch of articles:

Article Index via Wayback Machine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Veda

I can find threads and posts from 2019 . . . just not from the local ESMB search bar.

Google search using the preface "site:exscn.net/forum" should work, though laborious.

Here's one index page from the Wayback Machine that provides navigation
to a bunch of articles:

Article Index via Wayback Machine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Many Thanks.

Emma

Still working on it.