I am interested in thoughts and opinions on why no official Hubbard Bio ?

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I think Tommy Davis drove the final nail in the official, LRH Scientology biography coffin, when he said this:

"In one very interesting moment, Davis said, 'Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles, then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie. The truth is that Mr. Hubbard was a war hero.' And the way he phrased that, that everything depended on whether Hubbard had sustained these injuries and healed himself was like a wager on the table."

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Omar Garrison's completed biography
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters

I called and spoke with former WDC member Larry Brennan (RIP) for over an hour back in 2008. He was very
gracious and answered any and all my questions about intrigues at the top of the command structure.

I'll mention this from our conversation.

Larry received and held in his hands a print-out manuscript copy of Omar Garrison's completed book,
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters. Larry paid Omar by check ($250K in early eighties
money if I'm remembering right) and immediately handed over the manuscript to Norman Starkey.
Larry didn't know what happened to it.

DM and the upper execs in COS were panicked about the book ever seeing the light of day.
Omar revealed LRH's life and the sordid details accurately and avoided going down the route
of creating a hagiography with the dirt omitted.

This is the story I confirmed with Larry:

As many people know, Omar Garrison was working on a biography of L. Ron Hubbard back in the early 1980s that was completely sanctioned by Hubbard and by organized scientology.​
. . .​
In late 82/1983 a meeting was held with Hubbard’s representatives from “Author Services” and Omar about the finished book and it was a disaster with Miscavige blowing up and Omar refusing to deal with him.​
Suddenly Miscavige and those who did his bidding at Author Services were confronted with the fact that Miscavige and his people totally blew the meeting with Omar and it was very possible that Omar would go elsewhere to get the book published. The main trouble with that for Miscavige was that the book was truthful and a complete embarrassment to both Hubbard and organized scientology.​
. . .​
Then Omar dropped “the bomb”. He said that Hubbard and organized scientology were criminals, they abused the courts and had even paid off judges. He used as an example the then recent probate case that Hubbard ended up winning against his son Nibbs. Omar said that Hubbard’s legal representatives in that case were incompetent and should have lost the case due to their incompetence. He said that the only reason that they did not lose the case was that the judge was paid off.​
. . .​
Anyway after lunch we resume the meeting at the Lenskes’ office and finally get a deal worked out. I got from Omar exclusive publishing rights as well as ownership of the manuscript with what was supposedly the only copy. We signed a contract with Omar that day and I paid him. I forget how much it was but I think it was low six digits.​
I then drove to Author Services with the contract and the manuscript and turned it over to Norman Starkey for Miscavige. Again, the title was “L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters”.​
The book was killed right there and then never to be seen again.​

Last edited:

Karen#1

Omar Garrison's completed biography
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters

I called and spoke with former WDC member Larry Brennan (RIP) for over an hour back in 2008. He was very
gracious and answered any and all my questions about intrigues at the top of the command structure.

I'll mention this from our conversation.

Larry received and held in his hands a print-out manuscript copy of Omar Garrison's completed book,
L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters. Larry paid Omar by check ($250K in early eighties
money if I'm remembering right) and immediately handed over the manuscript to Norman Starkey.
Larry didn't know what happened to it.

DM and the upper execs in COS were panicked about the book ever seeing the light of day.
Omar revealed LRH's life and the sordid details accurately and avoided going down the route
of creating a hagiography with the dirt omitted.

This is the story I confirmed with Larry:

As many people know, Omar Garrison was working on a biography of L. Ron Hubbard back in the early 1980s that was completely sanctioned by Hubbard and by organized scientology.​
. . .​
In late 82/1983 a meeting was held with Hubbard’s representatives from “Author Services” and Omar about the finished book and it was a disaster with Miscavige blowing up and Omar refusing to deal with him.​
Suddenly Miscavige and those who did his bidding at Author Services were confronted with the fact that Miscavige and his people totally blew the meeting with Omar and it was very possible that Omar would go elsewhere to get the book published. The main trouble with that for Miscavige was that the book was truthful and a complete embarrassment to both Hubbard and organized scientology.​
. . .​
Then Omar dropped “the bomb”. He said that Hubbard and organized scientology were criminals, they abused the courts and had even paid off judges. He used as an example the then recent probate case that Hubbard ended up winning against his son Nibbs. Omar said that Hubbard’s legal representatives in that case were incompetent and should have lost the case due to their incompetence. He said that the only reason that they did not lose the case was that the judge was paid off.​
. . .​
Anyway after lunch we resume the meeting at the Lenskes’ office and finally get a deal worked out. I got from Omar exclusive publishing rights as well as ownership of the manuscript with what was supposedly the only copy. We signed a contract with Omar that day and I paid him. I forget how much it was but I think it was low six digits.​
I then drove to Author Services with the contract and the manuscript and turned it over to Norman Starkey for Miscavige. Again, the title was “L. Ron Hubbard — His Life, His Loves and His Letters”.​
The book was killed right there and then never to be seen again.​

This is a good one.
I had heard about the Omar Garrison "flap" but did not have these details.
WOW

Karen#1

Jefferson Hawkins posted
It has been announced for many years that an LRH bio was "in the works." We announced it as early as 1984 and even showed a cover at the American Booksellers Association Convention. The problem has always been that Hubbard lied freely and extensively about his own history, so they either have to go with the Hubbard account, which can be easily dis-proven as lies, or do a factual bio, which would expose Hubbard as a liar (and they would never do that). So - stalemate.

I seem to recall reading somewhere (can't remember where, might have been the Bunker comments) that back in the late 90s, HBO wanted to make a Hubbard bio miniseries, but were scared off by the cult's army of lawyers.

Type4_PTS

I seem to recall reading somewhere (can't remember where, might have been the Bunker comments) that back in the late 90s, HBO wanted to make a Hubbard bio miniseries, but were scared off by the cult's army of lawyers.
I recall getting a briefing back in the mid to late 80's that Battlefield Earth would be made into TWO movies.
I'm still waiting for the second one. At the same briefing it was revealed that Mission Earth would be made into some kind of series on TV.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
What-choo talkin' 'bout?

It's an encyclopedia fer c'rist's sake!

Type4_PTS

What-choo talkin' 'bout?

It's an encyclopedia fer c'rist's sake!
It was originally a 16 volume set but some additional volumes have since been added as well. Here's a few of them:

ron1.jpg

ron2.jpg

ron3.jpg