Hubbard contradicts himself

mimsey borogrove

One of the things I heard early on was the proof of the existence of a thetan, was that when a person dies, he weighs an ounce ( or similar small amount of weight) less than when alive, proving the thetan has exteriorized from the body.

Yet, in the axioms, the thetan has no mass, and is not located in our universe, but is a viewpoint of dimension.
:dizzy:

What contradictions do you know of?

Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

One of the things I heard early on was the proof of the existence of a thetan, was that when a person dies, he weighs an ounce ( or similar small amount of weight) less than when alive, proving the thetan has exteriorized from the body. Yet, in the axioms, the thetan has no mass, and is not located in our universe, but is a viewpoint of dimension. :dizzy:
But isn't the thetan dragging around (wherever it goes) all the un-erased engrams, GPMs, implants, body thetans & clusters? Those all have mass, so it would make logical sense that when (at death) the being exteriorizes—the MEST body's weight drops.

My theory actually doesn't work very well either, because in 71 years no Scientologist has yet been able to exteriorize. Then can however (if required) demonstrate the principle of exteriorization if you provide them with some paper clips and used batteries.

Veda

One of the things I heard early on was the proof of the existence of a thetan, was that when a person dies, he weighs an ounce ( or similar small amount of weight) less than when alive, proving the thetan has exteriorized from the body.

Yet, in the axioms, the thetan has no mass, and is not located in our universe, but is a viewpoint of dimension.
:dizzy:

What contradictions do you know of?

Mimsey
I think it's during the lectures in Phoenix, circa, 1954, that Hubbard explained that while the Static has no mass, a thetan does have a small amount of mass.

Whether that was before or after he had claimed that an inhabited body, weighed on a scale, would have a different, reduced, weight minus the thetan I don't recall. It is kind of silly. Do the entities, later called Body Thetans, also leave, like fleas leave dead animals?

There are definitely plenty of contradictions in Scientology, but there is also the overt/covert design of Scientology, which, at first glance, appears to be contradictory but really isn't.

For example, 1965 Fair Game and 1967 Bolivar/"Pink legs" appear to contradict the 1966 What is Greatness? but they, in fact complement each other. One is covert (behind the scenes) and one is overt (PR).

typo

Last edited: