Hubbard and Nepotism?

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
In the Eddie Deezen thread https://exscn2.net/threads/scientology’s-saddest-celebrity-eddie-deezen-arrested-again.4896/ I saw this on Tony O's website.

Source Code
“Suzette Hubbard is assigned to the post of Quartermasters Mate Div IV Ship and her pay resumed when she takes post. She did this post well but was both overloaded by added duties and given no assistance on major work actions. She has in the past done several posts well but overload and overwhelm has driven her off them. She is to learn coastal and celestial navigation in part time study so as to be able to train personnel in them. There are too few reliable navigators aboard.” — L. Ron Hubbard, April 11, 1970

I find those comments by LRH to slightly smack of nepotism. If it was not a blood relative would LRH say something like, "Make it go right" or you get RPF'd, etc. Was Hubbard easy on his kids?

What do you think?

lotus

Gone away from madness!
He had proven in many ways and many times that even blood relatives would not be spared by his madness.

His folie des grandeurs and sick greed had no pity for anyone, neither small kids neither his own child, boys, wives... (Alexis, Sarah, Mary Sue, Nib, Quentin, Alexis..... )

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
In the Eddie Deezen thread https://exscn2.net/threads/scientology’s-saddest-celebrity-eddie-deezen-arrested-again.4896/ I saw this on Tony O's website.

Source Code
“Suzette Hubbard is assigned to the post of Quartermasters Mate Div IV Ship and her pay resumed when she takes post. She did this post well but was both overloaded by added duties and given no assistance on major work actions. She has in the past done several posts well but overload and overwhelm has driven her off them. She is to learn coastal and celestial navigation in part time study so as to be able to train personnel in them. There are too few reliable navigators aboard.” — L. Ron Hubbard, April 11, 1970

I find those comments by LRH to slightly smack of nepotism. If it was not a blood relative would LRH say something like, "Make it go right" or you get RPF'd, etc. Was Hubbard easy on his kids?

What do you think?
I believe he stood for equal opportunity.

Everyone suffered equally under him

Chuck J.

He had proven in many ways and many times that even blood relatives would not be spared by his madness.

His folie des grandeurs and sick greed had no pity for anyone, neither small kids neither his own child, boys, wives... (Alexis, Sarah, Mary Sue, Nib, Quentin, Alexis..... )
But it sure sounds like he's making excuses for her in that statement.

TheSneakster

that's how it struck me, too.

yes all the kids may have suffered in the end, but that's not mutually exclusive with him having favored them at times.

One cannot properly evaluate the significance of any piece of data without comparing it to other similar data. So, without examining the many other 1970 Apollo posting orders, one cannot truthfully claim that this particular order was in any way out of the norm at that time.

Chuck J.

One cannot properly evaluate the significance of any piece of data without comparing it to other similar data. So, without examining the many other 1970 Apollo posting orders, one cannot truthfully claim that this particular order was in any way out of the norm at that time.
o rlly ?

You do it ALL THE TIME, Polly.
With your parroting of the MSM, re: Ukraine.

Polly - Defender of the Hubbard Honor. lol

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
I can't say much about it, I wasn't there. Ron has been an ass to some of his kids - Quentin and Ron Jr. in particular.

From my very detached point of view it appears that Suzette was somehow his favorite kid. But I wasn't on the Apollo, it is all just conjecture on my part. Karen or Janis could tell us more.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
in addition to what i've run across in research, i read the ones posted daily over at Tony Ortega's (where this comes from), so it's probably approaching 2 thousand 'data' points that i have in mind. isn't that enough of a sample?

TheSneakster

in addition to what i've run across in research, i read the ones posted daily over at Tony Ortega's (where this comes from), so it's probably approaching 2 thousand 'data' points that i have in mind. isn't that enough of a sample?
Excuse me ? There aren't even half a dozen (let alone thousands) of Apollo posting orders on Tony Ortega's blog. Are you saying you examined all or most of the Apollo Order's of the Day and Flag Orders for 1970?

We had Packs of most of these things at the PAC CTO Course Room and I can truthfully state that I read all of them we had. But since I can find them nowhere online, I can't provide copies of them. In any case, there were not even a hundred of those for 1970 to my best recollection.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Are you saying you examined all or most of the Apollo Order's of the Day and Flag Orders for 1970?
those from '70 and a year or two before and after are part of a big collection from a library at Berkeley and/or Wikileaks that were making the rounds in electronic form at one point, though i can't find them again right off. weren't a bunch of them or links to the collection posted over at the old ESMB?

i can't say that i've read all of them in detail but i've 'examined' that year and 2 or 3 others to get a sense of them, yeah. and this sticks out from LRH's usual no excuses 'make it go right' attitude.

'70 is also pretty interesting because i think you can see the old man struggling with declining stats as the counterculture movement and baby boom wane, and he seems unable to grasp that he's benefitted from and is dependent on forces beyond his control, responding with scapegoating and 'beatings will continue until morale (or horse buggy whip sales) improves' style measures.

Chuck J.

:D:LOL:
(not directed at anyone, it's just that these threads have a way of going sideways and taking on a life of their own. It cracks me up)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Excuse me ? There aren't even half a dozen (let alone thousands) of Apollo posting orders on Tony Ortega's blog. Are you saying you examined all or most of the Apollo Order's of the Day and Flag Orders for 1970?

We had Packs of most of these things at the PAC CTO Course Room and I can truthfully state that I read all of them we had. But since I can find them nowhere online, I can't provide copies of them. In any case, there were not even a hundred of those for 1970 to my best recollection.

Doesn't it get extremely frustrating always trying to play "defense attorney" for Dr. Hubbard and his magical technology and trying to create "reasonable doubt" every time incriminating evidence or "entheta" surfaces? I have to imagine at some level you know you are doing that, which accounts for your bizarre disclaimer in your signature line that loudly protests that you are not a lawyer. The indie in you doeth protest too much....so you might want to consider editing that obvious tell.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

Doesn't it get extremely frustrating always trying to play "defense attorney" for Dr. Hubbard and his magical technology and trying to create "reasonable doubt" every time incriminating evidence or "entheta" surfaces? I have to imagine at some level you know you are doing that, which accounts for your bizarre disclaimer in your signature line that loudly protests that you are not a lawyer. The indie in you doeth protest too much....so you might want to consider editing that obvious tell.
I'm not a lawyer and none of you all are prosecutors. Doesn't stop the ongoing show trial. It pleases me that you, in particular, protest so much whenever I play amateur attorney. :D

HelluvaHoax!

I'm not a lawyer and none of you all are prosecutors. Doesn't stop the ongoing show trial. It pleases me that you, in particular, protest so much whenever I play amateur attorney. :D

Glad it pleases you to pretend to be both an amateur attorney and also an amateur OT. ..Consistency is such an admirable quality! LOL

TheSneakster

Glad it pleases you to pretend to be both an amateur attorney and also an amateur OT.
There is nothing written by me in any Internet venue since 1993, when I first became involved in the Great Scientology Internet PR War, wherein I have ever once claimed to be any sort of Operating Thetan - amateur or otherwise.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

There is nothing written by me in any Internet venue since 1993, when I first became involved in the Great Scientology Internet PR War, wherein I have ever once claimed to be any sort of Operating Thetan - amateur or otherwise.

HelluvaHoax!

So which are you saying?

1. That you never WROTE anything about being an OT?​
2. Or, that you AREN'T an OT because the tech doesn't work?​

If you are saying that Hubbard's OT tech (i.e. the entire "bridge") doesn't work, I would congratulate you. If that is the case why do you constantly promote that you are nonetheless an (indie) Scientologist?

This would be a good opportunity for you to jettison the evasive ambiguities and rhetorical spin and just answer straight.