How Many Scientologists in Chicago ?

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
nice try -- but counting staff just 3 months after the staff-up for an 'ideal' opening isn't very indicative of the actual size of the org, as far as i understand.

and what i'd really like to know, is how many active 'public' members they have -- something that's most telling of the health and activity level of the org, and probably pretty much constant regardless of what's been done to push the staff count. or how many staff they had a year or two ago, which would be more indicative of their long-term trend.

HelluvaHoax!

So, Chicago Org has approximately 40 people on staff.

For an organization that first opened in that city back in the 1960s, that's a ridiculously insignificant number. After three-quarters of a century, you'd think people with magical powers could do better.

And they're not really "employees", because employees make minimum wage. They are essentially VOLUNTEERS who have to depend on some other source of money to eat and survive. This is why the number of staff members in most big city orgs in 2024 is approximately the same number that those orgs had in the 1970s. Often far less.

Let's think about it another way. How much can a staff member EARN working at a Scientology org. It's unpredictable but maybe $50 to $100 per week on average? Here's an interesting way to calculate how strong Scientology's OT superpowers are, if we compare their business to another downtown Chicago business. . .Like HOOTERS. About the same number of employees 30-40.

While OT staff members earn about $50 a week, an average Hooter's waitress earns (with tips) an average of $47.53 per hour for each 8 hour shift. So, who is more "cause over life"? LOL. She earns the same amount for ONE HOUR that a staff member earns for the entire week!

There are other differences too. If a Hooters customer stops coming to the restaurant they don't send out goons to "recover" them with sec checks and O/W writeups. They don't declare them SP and FAIR GAME former customers for talking to family and friends who patronize other restaurants because those people are "psychotic evil squirrels" engaging in "other practices".

Maybe Scientology orgs could learn something from Hooters because that restaurant chain only opened in 1983 (in Clearwater!) and they already opened 17 IDEAL HOOTERS ORGS in Illinois, while Scientology only has managed to only open up 1 Ideal Org.

By the way, with 40 staff members, how long is that going to take to clear the Chicago "sector"? In the greater Chicago-land area and suburbs there are 9,400,000 people. That's a ratio of one (1) staff member for every 235,000 wogs.

Chicago Org better speed it up.

Or maybe they need to research and discover some significantly more advanced body routing technology. . .

Last edited:

SuperstarNeilC

40 staff at the Day Org. - Assuming the Foundation Org is similar, that makes 80 staff. - Let’s be generous, and call it 100.

That’s half the number of 200 needed to be deemed SAINT HILL SIZE.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
40 staff at the Day Org. - Assuming the Foundation Org is similar, that makes 80 staff. - Let’s be generous, and call it 100.

That’s half the number of 200 needed to be deemed SAINT HILL SIZE.
i've heard that 'ideal' orgs are supposed to have been 160 and 180 when they have their opening, and i believe some references in recruiting efforts for this and the other recently opened buildings appeared to get down to something very specific like 162. they presumably had that on the books on opening day, and a significant portion of it in attendance.

it seems to be generally figured that orgs will shrink down to the size they were before after about a year, though a couple opened several years ago had sea org contingents who stayed on in what must be some sort of experiment.

SCN - Chicago 2024 above - resave.jpeg

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander Redux
Tilling the same soil again . . . not very far from the org in a nice downtown area.

"A pregnant woman and her husband were out for a simple date night in their Streeterville neighborhood on Chicago’s North Side when they were attacked by a group of teenagers.​
"The woman, Nina, suffered a miscarriage after the attack, and her husband was held down by the group as they viciously assaulted him.​
"Nina spoke with FOX 32 and said the teens shouted, “We own the street! You can’t walk around,” during the attack while the teens pepper-sprayed her, kicked her in the stomach, and pulled out a chunk of her hair."​

Obama's sons, obviously. :whistle:

Sorry. Just too close for comfort.

HelluvaHoax!

That photograph's aerial perspective inspired a sensational vision for Scientology's future---after COB has either blown, been imprisoned or shed his impediment to join LRH at "Target-2".

Imagine if you will:

- - a gigantic 20 foot high CURTAIN, stretching the length of the org, blocking​
the audience's view of the Ideal Org's front (where the tented platform sits).​
- - behind the curtain is a masterfully skilled OT DJ, madly pushing buttons​
and pulling levers—as he screams into a microphone.​
- - above the top of the curtain and attached to the building's face is a towering 3-story​
high JUMBOTRON SCREEN, where a spooky smoke-n-flames image of LRH's head​
angrily yells his daily "straight outta" Target 2 briefings to the assembled cult faithful.​

kind of like this. . .

MY FAVORITE PART: This advanced technology could be installed in every Ideal Org in the world so that Scientology staff and public alike could attend daily briefings from Source. The part I most love is that the perfectly organized audience rows of cult marks all have their "Audience TR-0" in, so that they are able to motionlessly "sit there and do nothing" until the electronic applause signs light up with prompting commands for everyone to synchronously laugh, clap or stand & cheer in perfect unison!

Last edited:

onceuponatime

I watched the video, I like this type of content but I don't agree with some of his take aways.

He counts 39 staff and 2 public arriving at the org in the morning. But that's only through the front door, he mentions that there's a back door which I would expect, so we don't know how many people arrived through that door. I'm sure some people arrived through the other door, especially if they were told to stay away from him, I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago Day had 60+ staff. Since they opened so recently, and the spotlight is extra on them due to the admin evolution, I would expect them to still have a decent number of staff. Same with the Foundation org.

Yes, that is a lot of staff for a Scientology org and at this point in time they are probably one of the bigger orgs in the US in terms of number of staff. But they are only that size because they opened recently (and it took a lot of work to get that number of staff and I'm sure they didn't all come from Chicago). Chicago has never been a big/happening Scientology location, at least not for a long time.

I would be very interested in knowing how many public they are servicing on a weekly basis. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of public they were servicing right now was actually a decent number. Again all tied into their recent opening and the whole ideal admin push.

Ideal Orgs like Chicago that have no real local base to draw/build from tend to collapse quickly, but even then 3 months is probably too soon. And we also have this evolution which I think will keep them in the spotlight and will work to sustain things a bit longer. I wouldn't be shocked if we hear about Chicago winning the Birthday Game and all the expansion they've had.

HelluvaHoax!

I watched the video, I like this type of content but I don't agree with some of his take aways.

He counts 39 staff and 2 public arriving at the org in the morning. But that's only through the front door, he mentions that there's a back door which I would expect, so we don't know how many people arrived through that door. I'm sure some people arrived through the other door, especially if they were told to stay away from him, I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago Day had 60+ staff. Since they opened so recently, and the spotlight is extra on them due to the admin evolution, I would expect them to still have a decent number of staff. Same with the Foundation org.

Yes, that is a lot of staff for a Scientology org and at this point in time they are probably one of the bigger orgs in the US in terms of number of staff. But they are only that size because they opened recently (and it took a lot of work to get that number of staff and I'm sure they didn't all come from Chicago). Chicago has never been a big/happening Scientology location, at least not for a long time.

I would be very interested in knowing how many public they are servicing on a weekly basis. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of public they were servicing right now was actually a decent number. Again all tied into their recent opening and the whole ideal admin push.

Ideal Orgs like Chicago that have no real local base to draw/build from tend to collapse quickly, but even then 3 months is probably too soon. And we also have this evolution which I think will keep them in the spotlight and will work to sustain things a bit longer. I wouldn't be shocked if we hear about Chicago winning the Birthday Game and all the expansion they've had.

I agree with that perspective as well. Because there is more than one metric to assess any commercial venture.

And there are yet other ways as well to gauge the size and impact of the "IDEAL" Chicago organization.

For example, the size/strength of their Chicago operation can be viewed from an aerial flyover that considers these factors as well:

- - Scientology set up its first "Money For Magical Powers" store in the 1960s. Over a half century ago.​
- - Yet, they still only have (essentially) one store. And that store (Chicago Org) until a few months ago was operating out of a tiny rundown​
storefront in a off-the tracks, lackluster, run-down retail district--with no parking and a store window and staff that looked like a goofy carnival that just rolled into town selling high tech snake oil.​
- - The only thing that has changed since they graduated to a new building is that a gargantuan donation racket was perpetrated over several decades to amass the money to give the carnival and its rigged-to-lose games a fancy facade. The games are still rigged and the blow-rate of hoax victims is still up around 97%.​
- - The fancy looking building multi-story building is just (in swindler's vernacular) their "FRONT". It's fully irrelevant to the size of their organization because the building itself is part of the confidence game. Multi-billion dollar Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff also had an impressive building to front his voraciously thieving investment rackets.​

Madoff Investment Securities filled the 18th floor.
However, on the ultra-secretive 17th floor just a handful of
elite scammers ran the real company that was diabolically looting

all the "winning" investors out of their entire savings and fortunes.
Chicago Org's "17th Floor" is the cult's senior management division--that is running the innocuous looking Chicago branch from other cities and other buildings within the cult's vast real estate empire.

Another way to judge Chicago's size and impact is that they are entirely clueless and clearly have zero "OT POWERS". Otherwise, to recruit new victims they wouldn't still be sending dorky looking losers out onto the sidewalk in front of their building to try and sell a product that costs over $ 600,000. Pitching a product that costs more than an average house is not done by stopping random pedestrians that just happen to be walking near your front door. LOL.

Imagine a Rolls Royce dealership that typically sells their cars for between $450K to $600K trying to boost their income by sending their salesmen out onto the sidewalk in front of their showroom; and instructing them to pitch the idea of buying a Rolls Royce Phantom for $500K
to local office workers on their lunch break.

It does not really matter at all "how many staff" Chicago org has. Or claims it has. They are virtually all destined to go on the same routing form that "Old St. Hill's" illustrious staff members went on. To wit, they will either figure out the hoax at some point and blow--or they will disagree with current cult management on something that is "off policy" and get declared to be an "SP". Ironically, the "off policy" party will be the cult's current guru who "went squirrel" and violated Hubbard's policies. For mentioning that, one automatically becomes an SP (just like Hitler was! LOL).

The truth is that had any of Scientology's promised "miracles" ever happened in any of Chicago's buildings since the 1960s—by now (50-plus years later) they would own and be operating out of WILLIS TOWER, which was sold for only 1.3B in 2015.

Formerly known as the "Sears Tower", the skyscraper is 110 floors high
and boasts over 4.3 million square feet of space; which would provide enough
auditing rooms to Clear all 9.5 million DBs living in greater Metropolitan Chicago!

And outside of the church's newest building's front doors there would be a 9-block long
LINE OF WAITING CUSTOMERS who are each multi-millionaires and billionaires
from around the world, just hoping they can buy their "Bridge" in order to
receive miracle health cures, supernatural powers, immortality and

everything else they ever dreamed of that money could not buy.

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
i wouldn't think there would be much they could do with an old, tired and dwindling public field in an org like that, and that any increased stats would mostly have to come from something like giving services and training to all the staff recruited from all over.

but yeah, core states like actually public coming and going during the day, not to mention GI and WDAH, are what it seems to me we'd need to be able to tell anything meaningful....

onceuponatime

i wouldn't think there would be much they could do with an old, tired and dwindling public field in an org like that, and that any increased stats would mostly have to come from something like giving services and training to all the staff recruited from all over.

but yeah, core states like actually public coming and going during the day, not to mention GI and WDAH, are what it seems to me we'd need to be able to tell anything meaningful....
They will work hard to push stats and show how successful this latest org and latest program is. I wouldn't be shocked if they were trying to pull in public from all over the midwest. Personally I don't think they'd be very successful at it and are mostly relying on local public. I'm sure they are hammering on all the local public but as you say there's only so much they can do. I really would like to see some numbers, I think there's a good chance there are more staff than public in the org on a weekly basis.