How did Hubbard amass millions of dollars, same with DM

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Slight derail but it tells you something about the "great" LRH.

I still remember the story of Raymond Kemp lending Hubbard some money. Hubbard never paid him back. Surprise! Surprise!

The next time Kemp was in communication with Rotten Ronnie, Hubbard was telling him that he just bought St. Hill Manor. Hubbard still never paid him back. Surprise! Surprise!

He was a crook and thief who just happened to be an author.

Dark

Within a scientology organization, or church or mission, the bookstore was actually a separate organization from the church or org, very clever.

It was called the book account. The monies into a book account were only used to pay commission for selling a book, or lecture, etc, and not used for staff pay.

Anybody who sold a book, lecture, etc, was awarded a 10% commission for doing so whether public or staff. Book sales are not also counted on GI of the org or mission.

You see, or maybe not, that's how Hubbard amassed millions, he skimmed on book sales. a separate organization within the whole structure of org boards, etc.

And that's why he said Books make Booms.
Does anyone know how the book inventories were decided. I recall viewing inventory rooms where the stock quantities were massively over what the bookstore could realistically sell. Were quantities decided on an org by org basis, or did all orgs get shipped x quantities on some timeline? I suspect that a "wholesale" value was billed to the org immediately and kept growing?

Riddick

I clap to no man
The Way To Happiness booklets are basically a licence to print money. Print them for a few cents each then guilt-trip scientologists to pay at least a dollar each for them and give them away.
I forgot about that. The Way to Happiness is a take off of Ben Frankilns 13 virtures. I mentioned here on redux somewhere and also esmb.

The way to happiness, yes, another scam, or means to persuade. That program even had it's own FSM's like Pat Cloudin, not sure of the spelling, and a few others traveling around collecting FSM commissions, for selling bulk packaging of the booklets to whale scientologists.

And yep, scientologists buying the booklets and giving them away for free. What a scam. It's a wonder anybody can figure this shit out.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Does anyone know how the book inventories were decided. I recall viewing inventory rooms where the stock quantities were massively over what the bookstore could realistically sell. Were quantities decided on an org by org basis, or did all orgs get shipped x quantities on some timeline? I suspect that a "wholesale" value was billed to the org immediately and kept growing?
IIRC, each org or mission had to have a certain amount of book stock. Meaning you had to have a certain amount of books, by title in stock to resell.

You have to remember, that the book account is different from a org or mission checking account to pay bills for electricity, staff pay, gas, water, etc. The book checking account only went up to upper management, or LRH.

The book account is separate from the regular checking account of a org or mission, whereas they collect money for auditing and training.

This is something 99% of staff do not know. Staff think it's all together, one organization just collecting money for selling books or auditing or training. But, that's not true.

Riddick

I clap to no man
And let us not forget the "training" of staff. Anyone sent to St Hill or Flag for training ends up costing the org or mission a mint.
From my experiences these "training" courses were ordered from above, and no one ever queried the order. Quite often staff selected for training weren't seen again for months or years!
How much money did Flag accommodation cost? How much money did the courses cost? And all this extra income to the higher orgs meant that their tithes netted a larger than normal income going further up the chain, All the way up to Miscavige's pockets.........
that was the lower orgs or missions feeding the flag organizations. And of course exchange was to be kept in.

The cash cow of flag was getting lower org member, scientologists, to believe they would get the best possible service to achieve Hubbards rhetoric of going clear and OT.

The orgs and missions are a feeder to flag, with the right people to persuade.