Hip Hip Hurray ! A Win on Major Ruling. Tony Ortega just posted. ARBITRATION DENIED

Lee #28

In addition ^^^^^^^^

For the Cult to go further Legally with this....( State or Fed Supreme Courts...) the Cult risks more and more Media Attention about one of their Hollywood Celebrity Members for drugging and raping people...

I know it has already been in the News for years.....but I just don't see an upside for the Cult on this type of News Coverage...about Danny Masterson. But hopefully they get a lot of it.

Type4_PTS

Big risk for them going forward with their typical legal strategy.

If (a very likely if) they take this case all the way to the Supreme Court . . . and lose,
then they'll get annointed with the highest official stamp of (dis)approval from
highest court and the floodgates could open. There might likely be an enormous
"run on the bank," as @mimsey borogrove alluded to. A veritable domino effect with
many individual and class action lawsuits. Think of the myriad lawsuits after the Bernie
Madoff Ponzi scheme imploded.
While it does seem a big risk as you wrote for the CoS to keep appealing all the way to the Supremes, the benefits of the case seem limited to those who have been harmed by Scientology after leaving the Co$. Those who have been harmed while still in or pretending to be still in may find no benefit.

This is covered in an update to Tony O's original story I'll cross-post below. And I'll post an exchange from the comments section which shows how important it is to make it absolutely clear one has left the CoS. For those who no longer consider themselves a Scientologist but pretending to still be in - that could have negative legal consequences down the line. I understand though that some have to stay UTR in order to not be disconnected from family, friends, business associates, etc, so it may be necessary for some.

Excerpt:

UPDATE:
OK, we want to add some more thoughts about the ruling, and how it might reflect on the other cases, Valerie Haney’s, and the Garcias, that we predicted you would be asking about.

First, although we felt compelled to give Marci Hamilton some credit because this turned out to be a decision dealing with religious rights, it’s also important to point out that the court specifically rejected her formulation of the problem.

Hamilton had tried to convince the court that the plaintiffs, since they are no longer members, should not have to go through an arbitration proceeding that is essentially a “religious ritual.”

The court very specifically rejected that argument, saying that they didn’t consider Scientology’s arbitration to be a religious ritual.

More importantly, the court said, was that the allegations of abuse occured after these plaintiffs had left the church.

And this, of course, was always the craziest element of these cases. You might remember our analogy, where we said that someone, after signing a waiver to ride a roller coaster, might be prevented from suing an amusement park that came and set their house on fire ten years later.

That’s exactly what the court is objecting to: Not that you signed the waiver, not that you promised to take a grievance to arbitration, but that years later, after leaving the organization, Scientology had harmed you but still expected that old contract to apply.

And the court pointed to the Garcia case to show how this ruling wouldn’t affect that case. Why? Because the Garcias, who filed their lawsuit in 2013, are alleging abuse that happened while they were still in the church. The Garcias sued because they say they were lied to by Scientology in order to get donations from them. The Garcias may no longer be Scientologists today, but the harm occurred while they were still inside.

Valerie Haney’s case is stickier. She’s alleging harm that occurred both while she was in the Sea Org (the kidnapping claim) and after she had left (the stalking and libel that happened while she was working for Leah Remini). We remember being surprised that she included the kidnapping claim, that seemed like a different case, and perhaps now that looks like a wrong move. Can she drop that claim and proceed only on the abuse she says she received after leaving the church? We don’t know.

Like you, we have a lot of questions at this point. But we do suspect that Scientology will appeal this ruling to the California State Supreme Court, and then to the US Supreme Court. It may be quite a while before this case is really back in Judge Kleifield’s court for its next step. Which, Scientology has already indicated, will be an anti-SLAPP motion.

In an anti-SLAPP motion, Scientology will allege that the plaintiffs are shutting down their free speech with a bogus lawsuit. As we’ve pointed out in the past, anti-SLAPP statutes were designed with big bullies like the Church of Scientology in mind, so it’s beyond ironic that Scientology would attempt to use anti-SLAPP motions to defend themselves. (And it has not gone well for them in other cases.)

Meanwhile, the criminal case is unaffected by this. The next hearing in Danny Masterson’s rape case is February 8, and his trial is still scheduled for August 29. He’s facing 45 years to life in prison if he’s convicted.

From the comments section:

Kestrel J. Swift16 hours ago
Consent is the crux of the matter in terms of religion in America. Once an individual consents to be governed by a church’s rules, that individual is fully subject to the rules and the punishments, however harsh they may be, for breaking those rules.
This is how the Organization gets away with the RPF's RPF and sec checking and everything else it does to those in its grasp.
It's also important to note that Guinn prepared a handwritten letter to the Elders in which she unequivocally stated that she withdrew her membership and terminated her consent to being treated as a member of the Church. Anyone leaving the scientology Organization should do the same. I'd send it to every org and every scientology entity I'd ever been involved in or exposed to.

J. Swift Kestrel16 hours ago
This cannot be overemphasized: Any Scientologist who wishes to resign from the Church in order to escape its oppression and abuse is free to do so. A Scientologist should send the Church of Scientology International (CSI) and the IAS a written statement of resignation that includes a specific withdrawal of one’s consent to be governed by Scientology’s ecclesiastical rules.
The point here is that anyone desiring to resign from a church and withdraw their consent to be governed by the rules of that church must make a positive act. This means writing a letter to appropriate church terminals specifically stating one’s resignation and withdrawal of consent.

In the case of the Church of Scientology one needs to resign from the IAS, the Church of Scientology International; RTC; and all Orgs where one has signed membership services contracts and had services; the positive act should be as broad and sweeping as possible.
Get a lawyer to write your letter or review it. The key thing is to make a sharp and unequivocal resignation.

Type4_PTS

In addition ^^^^^^^^

For the Cult to go further Legally with this....( State or Fed Supreme Courts...) the Cult risks more and more Media Attention about one of their Hollywood Celebrity Members for drugging and raping people...

I know it has already been in the News for years.....but I just don't see an upside for the Cult on this type of News Coverage...about Danny Masterson. But hopefully they get a lot of it.
IF Masterson's case actually goes to trial, which is scheduled for August 29th of this year it will get massive news coverage. :yes:

Isaac

This is massively huge. This guts their whole arbitration scheme.
Arbitration used to be THE bees knees for everyone concerned regarding dispute resolution in lieu of the courts
it used to save people money and time and attorney fees
It is now worse than the court system
If anyone has an arbitration clause in a contract, I highly recommend you get rid of it and have the right to sue in a court

HelluvaHoax!

(Quoted from adjudication): "Enforcing this provision without regard to petitioners’ First Amendment rights would mean that if the Church or a Church member committed any intentional or negligent tort against a former member of the Church, that former member would be bound by Scientology dispute resolution procedures regardless of the fact that the member had left the Church years, even decades, before the tort. In effect, Scientology suggests that one of the prices of joining its religion (or obtaining a single religious service) is eternal submission to a religious forum – a sub silencio waiver of petitioners’ constitutional right to extricate themselves from the faith. The Constitution forbids a price that high."
A badly needed dosage of common sense and justice for victims!

It was astonishing to watch so many previous California courts/judges previously rule that the victims were powerless and the predatory criminals (Masterson and Church of Scientology) were shielded from any liability. Ultra left wing judges abound in California's cult system and they routinely torture the law, the constitution and the victim by using all their power to make insane rulings that defy all common sense. Thankfully in this case, some remaining shreds of rationality prevailed and the victims were not denied the simple due process guaranteed to all citizens of at least having their day in court.

It is still shocking that so many previous courts/judges blithely (or perhaps even sadistically) tried to deny basic human rights to crime victims to be heard in court by unbiased parties OTHER THAN the cult members who either perpetrated the crimes and/or co-conspirators who are "accessories after the fact" to the very same crimes.

It's a great day to see the liberal lunatics lose--who so often perversely deny rights to innocent victims and award predators immunity. Any average citizen with zero law school or legal background of any kind could have easily walked in off the street, played judge and reached the simple and obvious conclusion that the members of the bizarre cult of Scientology should not allowed to sit in judgment of a Scientology victim. Thankfully there are still a few sane and honest judges practicing in California for which its besieged citizens can be very grateful.

Last edited:

Bill

When my friends tried to get their money back, attorney Gary Soter stated they failed to claim fraud and deception its time for Attorney’s to get BOLD and claim fraud and deception because THAT is what Scientology IS and it is now so easy to prove
Well, no, fraud and deception isn't so easy to prove.

As I said in "Church of Scientology: All promises are cancelled", it doesn't matter what Ron explicitly promised; it doesn't matter what the Grade Chart specifically promises; It doesn't matter what the church itself promises: When you sign their "contract" you acknowledge that all promises are cancelled. The church promises to deliver NOTHING -- and that's exactly what they deliver.

EDIT: Yes, it is very deceitful - and I think the contract is not legal, but, according to the contract, no promises were made.

Last edited:

Lee #28

As I said in "Church of Scientology: All promises are cancelled", it doesn't matter what Ron explicitly promised; it doesn't matter what the Grade Chart specifically promises; It doesn't matter what the church itself promises: When you sign their "contract" you acknowledge that all promises are cancelled. The church promises to deliver NOTHING -- and that's exactly what they deliver.

EDIT: Yes, it is very deceitful - and I think the contract is not legal, but, according to the contract, no promises were made.

My situation is different.....

I bought the SHSBC.....spent 2 1/5 years doing it....and was on Level O....second to last level....and was not allowed to finish it....

So.....that entire 2.5 years of my time was wasted.....plus, never debited for Level P...... ( so still $ on account...)

So....I would assume ( a dangerous thing to do) that buying the Course.....should allow me to finish it.... Which they didn't.

I am curious when ASHO stopped delivering the BC....and what happened to all those that were on the Course and not allowed to finish it.

HelluvaHoax!

Well, no, fraud and deception isn't so easy to prove. As I said in "Church of Scientology: All promises are cancelled", it doesn't matter what Ron explicitly promised; it doesn't matter what the Grade Chart specifically promises; It doesn't matter what the church itself promises: When you sign their "contract" you acknowledge that all promises are cancelled. The church promises to deliver NOTHING -- and that's exactly what they deliver. EDIT: Yes, it is very deceitful - and I think the contract is not legal, but, according to the contract, no promises were made.

Yes, so true--no promises!

However, I think there is altogether too much negativity about Scientology and we should try to look at the positive side of things.

At least the cult adheres to and faithfully honors its senior policy to "Always Deliver What Is Promised!"

FREE BONUS PRO TIP FOR CULT: Suggest that in order to avoid future legal devT you make a minor tweak to the Grade Chart column depicting "ABILITIES ATTAINED". Simply insert three (3) simple words, as exemplified by the following:

OT III ABILITY ATTAINED
(the concept of) FREEDOM FROM OVERWHELM

OT III ABILITY ATTAINED
(the concept of)
TOTAL CAUSE OVER LIFE

This will restore truth in advertising and a new and unprecedented level of integrity to Scientology's Bridge. Ergo, when the preclear attests to each level they are merely mentioning that while on the level they got the fleeting concept of what it would be like if someone could really attain such a dreamy supernatural state. An additional and significant benefit to the above tweak is that it will exponentially speed up delivery lines that typically bottleneck and bog when the preclear is forced to introspect on the question of whether they really attained these godlike powers. Scientifically, it has been calculated that attest cycles will accelerate by 947% and the org's gross income will skyrocket with unprecedented numbers of preclears rushing to the bookstore to purchase status-laden OT pendants and bracelets!

The above is humbly tendered as a gift to Scientologykind!
:hattip:

TheSneakster

I am curious when ASHO stopped delivering the BC....and what happened to all those that were on the Course and not allowed to finish it.
I was the ASHO Foundation SHSBC Course Administrator, Tech Training Films I/C, and several other support hats during the GAoT I pilot. Some of the new drills like "Confront An HCOB" were squirrel as all fuck, so the BC I/C Chris Montgomery (nee' Stevens) sent up technical Orders Queries. D.M.'s response was to have the INT Command Team ethics mission crash our delivery stats by firing all the Non-Sea Org technical people (against a highly specific LRH Eval for ASHOs) and by ordering all the many OT VIIs and VIII students to move to FSO for their SHSBC. As a result, our delivery was crashed and then Chris was RPF'd along with others and our Technical Division was destroyed.

D.M. was supposed to issue new SHSBC Checksheets for GAoT and cancelled BC delivery until then - but he never issued them. The thing is that anybody who actually did the Hubbard authorized SHSBC checksheet would know for sure that Golden Age of Tech was majorly squirrel. That is why all the existing Permanent Class VIs, many of whom got their Permanent Cert from Hubbard himself, either totally ignored GAoT I or sent up Orders Queries until D.M. committed a major High Crime and cancelled all their Permanent certs en masse and forbade them to audit until they redid their training under GAoT and were certified.

The following is just a reasoned speculation: D.M. viewed Class VIs as people who would be very loyal to Ron Hubbard and not to himself. Worse from his viewpoint, Class VIs start missions and deliver Hubbard standard Objectives, Grades, NED, and can produce Clears. Instead of viewing Class VIs as the major source of future income for the Advanced Orgs and Flag, I reckon D.M. views Class VIs as a direct threat to his personal income stream because these folks could potentially start an Independent Field free from his various donation scams (IAS, Ideal Orgs, Planetary Dissemination, Library campaign, etc). So no more SHSBC and no more Class VIII course (can't have anybody in an independent field who can C/S OT levels). :mad:

Again, my analysis is highly speculative.

Last edited:

Isaac

well…people are not given legal representation to review the contract
THAT could change
and even though the cult contract states no promises made
$cientology is selling a bridge with “expectations” listed on the chart
the cult uses propaganda feeding indirect promises

it can be challenged
but accepting the current status plus hopelessness about it won’t change anything
one has to try and try and never give up
that is how it will have to be done

Bill

well…people are not given legal representation to review the contract
THAT could change
and even though the cult contract states no promises made
$cientology is selling a bridge with “expectations” listed on the chart
the cult uses propaganda feeding indirect promises

it can be challenged
but accepting the current status plus hopelessness about it won’t change anything
one has to try and try and never give up
that is how it will have to be done
Like I said. The contract cancels all promises but I think the contract isn't valid.

mimsey borogrove

My situation is different.....

I bought the SHSBC.....spent 2 1/5 years doing it....and was on Level O....second to last level....and was not allowed to finish it....

So.....that entire 2.5 years of my time was wasted.....plus, never debited for Level P...... ( so still $ on account...)

So....I would assume ( a dangerous thing to do) that buying the Course.....should allow me to finish it.... Which they didn't.

Wow - I did the earlier version in the 70's on Temple Street - it was the last of the subject order check sheets ( everything Ron wrote on level 0, everything he wrote on level...) and it had the confidential R 6 etc. section, which was removed from the date order checksheets. Later I did an update when Chris Montgomery was the lead sup. Um. When I was doing the basic books they had collapsed ASHO D & F together into one org, and they had gone from 200 fdn BC students under Chris, down to 36 when I was doing the basics there. I was declared soon after that, so I don't know the BC's fate.

So were you on D or F? Was it at ASHO on L Ron Hubbard way? Phil Embeck was the day sup - I was surprised to see he did ot 8. Chris, on the other hand, the last I saw her, was in the Vitamin Shoppe near the Yachtsman, and she was no longer SO, but still married. She told me at one point she did the after session exams for Hubbard on the RSM. She'd be asleep outside the door of his cabin, he'd open the door and say, OK Sweetie, and she'd go in an take the ASE. Such a wonderful able person wasted by the church.

Mimsey

Isaac

Like I said. The contract cancels all promises but I think the contract isn't valid.
Well the attorney general in the state my friends filed a complaint said it was
and attorney Gary Soter stated complainant never complained of fraud or deception
2 huge hints at what MUST be hammered at Scientology until there is CHANGE

Last edited:

Lee #28

I was the ASHO Foundation SHSBC Course Administrator, Tech Training Films I/C, and several other support hats during the GAoT I pilot. Some of the new drills like "Confront An HCOB" were squirrel as all fuck, so the BC I/C Chris Montgomery (nee' Stevens) sent up technical Orders Queries. D.M.'s response was to have the INT Command Team ethics mission crash our delivery stats by firing all the Non-Sea Org technical people (against a highly specific LRH Eval for ASHOs) and by ordering all the many OT VIIs and VIII students to move to FSO for their SHSBC. As a result, our delivery was crashed and then Chris was RPF'd along with others and our Technical Division was destroyed.

D.M. was supposed to issue new SHSBC Checksheets for GAoT and cancelled BC delivery until then - but he never issued them. The thing is that anybody who actually did the Hubbard authorized SHSBC checksheet would know for sure that Golden Age of Tech was majorly squirrel. That is why all the existing Permanent Class VIs, many of whom got their Permanent Cert from Hubbard himself, either totally ignored GAoT I or sent up Orders Queries until D.M. committed a major High Crime and cancelled all their Permanent certs en masse and forbade them to audit until they redid their training under GAoT and were certified.

The following is just a reasoned speculation: D.M. viewed Class VIs as people who would be very loyal to Ron Hubbard and not to himself. Worse from his viewpoint, Class VIs start missions and deliver Hubbard standard Objectives, Grades, NED, and can produce Clears. Instead of viewing Class VIs as the major source of future income for the Advanced Orgs and Flag, I reckon D.M. views Class VIs as a direct threat to his personal income stream because these folks could potentially start an Independent Field free from his various donation scams (IAS, Ideal Orgs, Planetary Dissemination, Library campaign, etc). So no more SHSBC and no more Class VIII course (can't have anybody in an independent field who can C/S OT levels). :mad:

Again, my analysis highly speculative.
Wow - I did the earlier version in the 70's on Temple Street - it was the last of the subject order check sheets ( everything Ron wrote on level 0, everything he wrote on level...) and it had the confidential R 6 etc. section, which was removed from the date order checksheets. Later I did an update when Chris Montgomery was the lead sup. Um. When I was doing the basic books they had collapsed ASHO D & F together into one org, and they had gone from 200 fdn BC students under Chris, down to 36 when I was doing the basics there. I was declared soon after that, so I don't know the BC's fate.

So were you on D or F? Was it at ASHO on L Ron Hubbard way? Phil Embeck was the day sup - I was surprised to see he did ot 8. Chris, on the other hand, the last I saw her, was in the Vitamin Shoppe near the Yachtsman, and she was no longer SO, but still married. She told me at one point she did the after session exams for Hubbard on the RSM. She'd be asleep outside the door of his cabin, he'd open the door and say, OK Sweetie, and she'd go in an take the ASE. Such a wonderful able person wasted by the church.

Mimsey

I was at ASHO at the Complex.....on Foundation Schedule. ( L Ron Hubbard Way.....I helped brick that street....)

Chris Montgomery was the BC/IC.

I was on the Auditing Section. Level O...and had delivered over 1000 hours....

Then or shortly thereafter....GAT 1 came out.....and we (all the BC Students) were shipped over to CC INT to do Pro Upper Indocs GAT 1 style. (chinese school to a wall....)

Then we all were back in AHSO (?)....and we were all required to do the new E-Meter Course GAT 1 style. At that point I balked.....I just couldn't afford to pay for it....AND of course we had all done the E-Meter course on a BC Level just recently. ( an many more times climbing the Bridge... endless re-dos.....)

I think they wanted me to pay $10 thousand for the new E-Meter Course.... but don't remember exactly. It was crazy.

I heard quite some time ago....perhaps here......that Chris Montgomery was in Clearwater running an Electrician Company with her husband.... Have no idea if that is true or not.

Yes....interesting. There were a lot of OT8s on the BC. Lots. Megan Shields and other upstats....

If anyone can pinpoint when GAT 1 came out......then that is when I was toward the end of my 2 1/2 years on the BC.

The huge RENO project when they rebuilt the Course Room.....started about 1 year after I started there. We were all moved into the Basement of ASHO.....while that was being done. We had to crawl under tables to get around the room....it was that tight.

Then they put that Lion out front and Slappy came by and made a speech out front.....and made fun of that lion....

Then we all got to move back upstairs...into the new facilities.

Some weird stuff started to happen with me.....

I never went back to the BC.

Someone sent a real thug over to the Group Home I was living in owned by Mike Hoy....( on 7 maybe an 8 )....and he told me I had to get out. And I did. And left the Cult too. 27 years in.....and felt very betrayed....and access to the Bridge had been cut off....and years of my life wasted.

I read....probably here that Mike Hoy was here in Clearwater also.....In Charge of some Cult .Affiliated Program....

I've thought to find Chris Montgomery...and say hi......but haven't done so. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Last edited:

Isaac

Well.....this story has hit the News......

View attachment 16393

Shit hitting the fan

What is David McSavage doing about it right now?
Will he be restless, anxious and nervous?
Will he be increasing his consumption of scotch and smoking more camels?

Miscavige could be reaching his tipping point where the SOP he used in the past, will no longer work
Imagine if we saw the laws start to favor the victims instead of the cult?
That would be a dream come true and a miracle

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

I was at ASHO at the Complex.....on Foundation Schedule. ( L Ron Hubbard Way.....I helped brick that street....)

Then or shortly thereafter....GAT 1 came out.....and we (all the BC Students) were shipped over to CC INT to do Pro Upper Indocs GAT 1 style. (chinese school to a wall....)

Then we all were back in AHSO (?)....and we were all required to do the new E-Meter Course GAT 1 style. At that point I balked.....I just couldn't afford to pay for it....AND of course we had all done the E-Meter course on a BC Level just recently. ( an many more times climbing the Bridge... endless re-dos.....)

I think they wanted me to pay $10 thousand for the new E-Meter Course.... but don't remember exactly. It was crazy.

I heard quite some time ago....perhaps here......that Chris Montgomery was in Clearwater running an Electrician Company with her husband.... Have no idea if that is true or not.

Yes....interesting. There were a lot of OT8s on the BC. Lots. Megan Shields and other upstats....

If anyone can pinpoint when GAT 1 came out......then that is when I was toward the end of my 2 1/2 years on the BC.

The huge RENO project when they rebuilt the Course Room.....started about 1 year after I started there. We were all moved into the Basement of ASHO.....while that was being done. We had to crawl under tables to get around the room....it was that tight.

Then they put that Lion out front and Slappy came by and made a speech out front.....and made fun of that lion....

Someone sent a real thug over to the Group Home I was living in owned by Mike Hoy....( on 7 maybe an 8 )....and he told me I had to get out. And I did. And left the Cult too. 27 years in.....and felt very betrayed....and access to the Bridge had been cut off....and years of my life wasted.

I read....probably here that Mike Hoy was here in Clearwater also.....In Charge of some Cult .Affiliated Program....

I've thought to find Chris Montgomery...and say hi......but haven't done so. Shouldn't be hard to do.
When I exited Scientology I also felt very betrayed. And while it was painful going through that back at the time, when I look back at those times I am truly grateful for the betrayal, as that is what it took to wake me up enough so I could leave. As I've written before in this forum, the absolutely best thing ever done for me by the CoS was them SP Declaring me, and then later failing to apply their own justice policies when I was attempting to seek justice.

Sometimes an experience that seems horrific when you're going through it ends up leading you into a direction that you really needed to go. And for me that was the case.

Last edited:

Karen#1

Well.....this story has hit the News......

View attachment 16393

The Daily Beast weighs in

Appeals Court Revives Harassment Suit Against Scientology and Danny Masterson
EXCERPT:
A civil suit against the Church of Scientology and actor Danny Masterson was revived Wednesday when a California appeals court struck down a lower court’s decision to move the case into arbitration. Lawyers for the church and Masterson had argued that the plaintiffs, four former Scientology members, had signed a contract obligating them to hash out disputes in a closed-door internal system of “religious arbitration” run by the church. While those agreements may have applied when those plaintiffs were active members, the agreements are no longer binding, the court ruled. The three-judge panel wrote, “Individuals have a First Amendment right to leave a religion

Read more

Karen#1

Bloomberg Law.
Scientology, Danny Masterson Lose Appeal in Harassment Case (1)

mimsey borogrove

Yes, Chris and Charles have an electrical contracting business in Clearwater. I have no idea if she's in good standing or not. If you do call her, please give us an update. She is a great person, and I'd love to know how she's doing. Mimsey

• 1709 Sherwood Street, Clearwater, FL 33755
  • (727) 447-1540
  • (727) 447-1540
  • [email protected]
Here's the link to their web page:

Electrician in Clearwater FL|Electrical Contractor| MontgomeryElec