Hi from Sydney - re word clearing

Clear as Fog

Hi all,

I have been a member of the old site, but not logged in for at least three years or so. Good to see some of the old names continuing to post.

I was just reading someones post regarding word clearing, and I had a thought I had not considered before. Someone said something to the effect of that word clearing seemed to make the tech more believable. My mind wandered back to the old red tech dictionary. I think of all the effort I went to to get an elaborate concept of all of LRHs terms, and I think just doing this helped to suck me into believing the twaddle.

Even things like tinnitus ... having a thetan closeby ( or similar twaddle ) was something I virtually believed. Moving on 35 years I feel I was drinking the koolaid. Hopefully, this younger generation has better analytical skills.

Anyhow I just wanted to say hi to the good people who are diligent in helping to wear down this insane cult.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Anyhow I just wanted to say hi to the good people who are diligent in helping to wear down this insane cult.
Hi, pleased to meet you.

Using dictionaries is a good thing to do (not about Scientology).

However, Hubbard abused this.
Sometimes if a student disagreed with some item in "the tech" they would be "word cleared" until they gave up and caved in to it.
Yep, exactly.

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Using dictionaries is a good thing to do (not about Scientology).

However, Hubbard abused this.
Sometimes if a student disagreed with some item in "the tech" they would be "word cleared" until they gave up and caved in to it.
In elementary school. they issued dictionaries to all of us and told us to look words up, both for meaning and to check spelling.

Karakorum

In elementary school. they issued dictionaries to all of us and told us to look words up, both for meaning and to check spelling.
Did they tell you to word-clear things like "the" or "and" and learn by heart all the definitions?

JackStraw

Did they tell you to word-clear things like "the" or "and" and learn by heart all the definitions?
Not so much "the" or "and," but "of" "for" and a whole collection of "reflexive pronouns." "Of" and "for" are fascinating (to me :geek: . Reflexive pronouns, I found, were hard to understand and/or to explain. My "take" on the word "take" "took" me to many places, and "takes" time to understand all the various nuances...

Words, their meanings and origins are quite interesting to me (and this affliction began long before I had ever heard of "Ronnies Folly!) :cheers:

Harden Long

OSA no esta hermOSA
I remember being taught the basic connective words like and, or, the etc. being taught in elementary school, I'm thinking it was 1st grade as kindergarten was more about the alphabet and silly projects, trying to get us interested in becoming educated.
I remember these words and other similar words being taught and put into practice where we had to build sentences using these words.
The teacher would go over the dictionary definition of each word and write partial sentences on the chalk board where we would be required to give her the correct words to complete the sentence. I remember all that stuff.
We were drilled in their usage and they were in our soft covered word practice books that we had to correctly fill out complete with examples of their use, sometimes called "Spelling Books" but correct word meanings were the key.
We had our hard covered books we were not to write in and our larger, soft covered matching work books where writing in them was the whole point. They both contained the dictionary definitions of the words they were teaching so that it was self contained and complete for teaching purposes. We didn't generally have to go fumbling for dictionaries as a result.
It was quite comprehensive, so in a way Hubbard sent us back to redo all of our elementary school education via "his", rather the Berner's, "study tech".

Last edited:

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
Hi all,

I have been a member of the old site, but not logged in for at least three years or so. Good to see some of the old names continuing to post.

I was just reading someones post regarding word clearing, and I had a thought I had not considered before. Someone said something to the effect of that word clearing seemed to make the tech more believable. My mind wandered back to the old red tech dictionary. I think of all the effort I went to to get an elaborate concept of all of LRHs terms, and I think just doing this helped to suck me into believing the twaddle.

Even things like tinnitus ... having a thetan closeby ( or similar twaddle ) was something I virtually believed. Moving on 35 years I feel I was drinking the koolaid. Hopefully, this younger generation has better analytical skills.

L Ron's Word clearing is nothing new - I did it all the time in School long before Scientology. Hubbard has his flock convinced he made up "How To Study" tech. What he actually did is designed a system to brainwash and rid people of their true identities to be replaced by the Scientology cult identity via rhetorical writing. It is carefully masked so even the most intelligent people will not suspect that they are being slowly manipulated, conned and deceived into ridding their true selves with the "Scientological self" - a died-in-the-wool Scientologist.

Rhetorical writing appeals to all types intentially duping the "trusting" soul because L Ron says "Trust is at the top o' the tone scale". Trust is not at the top of the tone scale but if you believe it is - "what is true for you is true". See how that works?

Hubbard uses word clearing and clay demo - ing as part of the cult indoctrination into Scientologese - the cults "loaded language". I noticed I spoke fluent Scientologese when I was around Scientologists but would never speak it around my family.

It went along the lines of this:
Me: Hi Carl! Where you at on the Bridge?
Carl: "I just completed Grade II and it was so freeing. I feel ten feet tall and bullet proof".
Me: "Okay Good!! That is so theta. When will you complete Grade III?"
Carl: "I am working a second job to finish paying my IAS status of Blubbartarian with Honors and then I will start saving for Grade III".
Me: "Cool". "That is so theta".
Carl: "Yes, where are you on the Bridge?"
Me" "I went Clear at Flag and am going to start my OT levels"
Carl: "Cool! Did you move up in Status with the IAS yet? You will really pull in a lot of money once you do".
Me: "Cool, I am planning on it but am still paying off credit cards".
Carl: "I filed bankruptcy with my credit cards. You should read the reference on Pirates and Bums. Talk to Mary, the EO. She will show you Ron's reference".

Hubbard also has built in justifications as to why Scientology does not work that causes a person to introvert and NEVER look at Scientology, Hubbard, Miscavige or the tech. "A no case gain is an SP". "Anyone criticizing L Ron Hubbard, Scientology or the tech is hiding BIG CRIMES".
There are tons of more examples sprinkled in the venomous tech.

When you are in Scientology, you have to duplicate and believe Hubbard. Every.Last.Word. The covert punishment for "not believing" is endless word clearing, clay demo ing, telling a auditor who records your transgressions where you find something you did wrong and THAT is why you don't understand. Scientology makes you pay and pay and pay for "not believing". You pay with money, time, humiliation and loss. It is so carefully masked, the Scientologist does not even realize he is being punished.
No one wants to be covertly punished, so the person accepts what is told to them via the "Tech" until they are a true believer.
The only science that Hubbard used is Hypnosis and parlor tricks. He copied anything good from other philosophy's and religions that were proven to work. Also, the people IN Scientology actually wrote Scientology with the "hat write ups" because he would not let you leave your post until you wrote up your hat. Then Hubbard copied it.

Hubbard was a con man of the worst kind. Scientology wraps its tentacles around every aspect of your life. It squeezes hard when you try to make sense out of it and it hurts. It is a trap that traps for life. Look at the people still in. They are totally trapped for eternity and will never leave or look.

If you don't wrap your justifications around Scientology tech, you will never finish your course or move up the Bridge. Scientology really makes a person more and more confused and the way out of that confusion is to BELIEVE everything Ron says with insouciant certainty.
No one likes to be confused. So, you wrap your justifications around Scientology's loaded language and self indoctrinate with word clearing and clay demo - ing until you have a major stable delusional win. Then you dolop on the certainty and parot the "wins" you heard or read that others said about whatever you are completing in Scientology.

The Scientology loaded langauge helps replace your true self with the cult idendity. L Ron Hubbard is " source" and I remember when I "believed" and then when I did not "believe". The truth about L Ron Hubbard broke the trance.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Hi all,

Welcome!!!!
:yay:

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
It was INCREDIBLY difficult to CLAY DEMO

THAN

TO

STATIC.

I know one person who spent over 30 hours trying to figure out how to clay demo No mass, no location, no wavelength......etc.
View attachment 4029
THAT photo belongs on the stupid thread. Scientology is so stupid. There is a guy going insane with clay.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Yeah, I had to at my old org. Terribly slow and tedious trying to get through anything. By the end of it, I was just washed out and was rather reluctant to look at doing anything else.

As for clay demos, in winter it was a bitch getting the clay warm enough to be able to mould it. Took longer to do that that the demo itself.

Karakorum

Yeah, I had to at my old org. Terribly slow and tedious trying to get through anything. By the end of it, I was just washed out and was rather reluctant to look at doing anything else.

As for clay demos, in winter it was a bitch getting the clay warm enough to be able to mould it. Took longer to do that that the demo itself.
Yeah, same for us. Horrible stuff tbh. Nobody wanted to learn anything after the word clearing.

... maybe that was the point? Numb us down, makes us want not to learn, "learned ignorance".

Well, one good thing about being a Californian clay didn't get cold ;)