Harvey Weinstein Scientology Friends

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Some might find it interesting that one of the first women to come out in the #metoo movement, Asia Argento, has herself been accused of statutory rape.

I wonder what legal issues would have arisen if she had been a male with a female "victim"? She seems to have made a fiscal settlement and escaped any legal consequences.

Interesting what surfaces on the pond of scum sometimes, no?
It's routine to see stories of female teachers getting caught having sex with underage boys (and girls). Nothing much seems to happen to them most of the time.

Some samples, from just this week:

Someone Else

Cleared Tomato
It's routine to see stories of female teachers getting caught having sex with underage boys (and girls). Nothing much seems to happen to them most of the time.

It's just as sickening, IMO. But how easily believed are these victims in comparison to victims of male predators? Settling without a trial is something beyond the scope of my knowledge. But I would think in any of these cases, both parties (no matter who's who) would want to take it to trial to get proper justice once and for all.

Enthetan

It's just as sickening, IMO. But how easily believed are these victims in comparison to victims of male predators? Settling without a trial is something beyond the scope of my knowledge. But I would think in any of these cases, both parties (no matter who's who) would want to take it to trial to get proper justice once and for all.
Most criminal cases get plea bargained, and most civil cases get settled, before going to trial.

Going to trial is often a roll of the dice. You might win. You might lose. Depends on the mood of the jury.

In the case of the women against Weinstein, a lot will depend on whether they can show he retaliated in a vindictive manner to any refusal to have sex.

In other words, if it was a matter of him saying "Spend the weekend with me and I'll see about getting you a part", and she did, and he delivered, but it did not result in her having a successful career, then I don't think she would have a case. At least, if I was a juror, I would not be impressed with any arguments for damages.

If, however, it was a matter of "Spend the weekend with me, or I will spread lies about you which will mean you would not get hired", then that WOULD be something that a jury would be likely to find in her favor for.

See the difference?

Someone Else

Cleared Tomato
Most criminal cases get plea bargained, and most civil cases get settled, before going to trial.

Going to trial is often a roll of the dice. You might win. You might lose. Depends on the mood of the jury.

In the case of the women against Weinstein, a lot will depend on whether they can show he retaliated in a vindictive manner to any refusal to have sex.

In other words, if it was a matter of him saying "Spend the weekend with me and I'll see about getting you a part", and she did, and he delivered, but it did not result in her having a successful career, then I don't think she would have a case. At least, if I was a juror, I would not be impressed with any arguments for damages.

If, however, it was a matter of "Spend the weekend with me, or I will spread lies about you which will mean you would not get hired", then that WOULD be something that a jury would be likely to find in her favor for.

See the difference?
Like I said, I'm no expert, but clearly neither are you. That all sounds very narrow minded and overly simplified. Those are not all or "most criminal cases" or "most civil cases" either. Many civil cases are addressed after criminal cases where justice wasn't served but fault can still be proven because the justice system tends to break down -- because of plea deals.

Also, not going to trial isn't based on a gamble of the mood of a jury. It can be absolutely devastating to victims to live through, and their families. Most don't want the attention on them and would rather stay anonymous.

It sounds like you're a Weinstein apologist, or someone who tends to bend the definitions of assault and rape anyway, so having this conversation isn't very interesting.

Enthetan

It sounds like you're a Weinstein apologist, or someone who tends to bend the definitions of assault and rape anyway, so having this conversation isn't very interesting.
I'm not a Weinstein apologist, just a realist.

Re: "tends to bend the definitions of assault and rape anyway": the definition I go by, involves actual physical force, or getting submission through the threat of actual harm. What definition do you operate off of?

And by "threat of actual harm", I specifically do not include cases of "I have the ability to grant you something you want, but only if you give me something I want".

Enthetan

Many civil cases are addressed after criminal cases where justice wasn't served but fault can still be proven because the justice system tends to break down -- because of plea deals
Civil cases are often won after criminal cases BECAUSE in criminal cases the standard is "proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" by a unanimous jury verdict, while the standard in civil cases involves "preponderance of evidence" (meaning "we think it's more likely than not that the defendent did it")

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Annabella Sciorra Testifies in Harvey Weinstein Trial: ‘He Raped Me’
“The Sopranos” actress fought back tears as she told a hushed courtroom, in excruciating detail, about the night she said she was attacked.

Several women are expected to testify in the Harvey Weinstein trial. The actress Annabella Sciorra was the first to do so. Credit...Lucas Jackson/Reuters
By Jan Ransom and Alan Feuer
  • Jan. 23, 2020They met at a party in Los Angeles in the early 1990s. She was an up-and-coming actress. He was a young producer. As they got to know each other over the next few years, there were, she said, some “inappropriate” gestures: a care package of popcorn and Valium, a box of chocolate penises.
Then, Annabella Sciorra said on the witness stand on Thursday, Harvey Weinstein raped her.

Fighting back tears, Ms. Sciorra testified in excruciating detail to a hushed courtroom about the night she said she was attacked. After shoving his way into her Manhattan apartment, she said, Mr. Weinstein took her to a bedroom, forced her onto the bed and, as she sought to fight him off, sexually assaulted her.

“I was trying to get him off me,” Ms. Sciorra told the jury, her voice cracking with emotion. “I was punching him, kicking him.” But Mr. Weinstein held her down, she said, adding: “He got on top of me and he raped me.”

The testimony in State Supreme Court in Manhattan marked the first time that one of Mr. Weinstein’s numerous accusers took the stand at a long-awaited criminal trial that has come to symbolize the #MeToo movement.

guanoloco

As-Wased

It's almost a daily episode.

Like Catholic priests were for awhile.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
Scientology has tried to help him, it's up to their "Criminon" program now:

Harvey Weinstein Turns to the Scientology Celebrity Centre for Help
BY OTVIIIISGRRR8! ON OCTOBER 9, 2017 • ( 8 COMMENTS )

“Disgraced Hollywood honcho Harvey Weinstein has turned to the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Centre for help,” reported Scientology spokesman Ken Delusion.

HelluvaHoax!

LESSON LEARNED: Some predatory sociopaths get caught (e.g. Harvey Weinstein, Bernie Madoff, John Gotti, Jeffrey Epstein, et al) but not before enjoying decades of lavish wealth and viciously abusing/destroying countless lives while being treated like Gods by both adoring fans and the culture's ultra-elite politicians and celebrities.

Other predatory sociopaths sometimes escape before being imprisoned---via suicide or other effectively self-destructive scenarios (e.g. L. Ron Hubbard, Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, Osama Bin Laden, et al)

Nonetheless, certain predatory sociopaths are still operating and receiving medals and standing ovations (e.g. David Miscavige, Louis Farrakhan, Kim Jong-Un, Ali Khamenei, et al)

As far as Harvey Weinstein's former sanctuary status goes, it appears certain that the Grim Reaper has now paid a visit to the Grim Raper.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
Rape victims are now just people with "buyers remorse." I have not heard that one before. That tops the giant heap of shit keeping this kind of predatory behavior alive.
This is happening a lot in universities these days.

Guy meets girl, they get drunk together and inevitably end up in bed together.

Next morning comes along and the girl regrets the act. So she calls rape and complains to the faculty. University upholds complaint and guy is kicked out, end of story. He usually is not permitted a defence, as the girl has said it, therefore it must be true.

It is becoming a phenomenon typical of the Western world universities now.

But the girl is blameless, it's always the predatory male's fault.

Enthetan

Details on Weinstein victim settlement (judge rejected the settlement as being obnoxious)

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
Scientology has tried to help him, it's up to their "Criminon" program now:

Harvey Weinstein Turns to the Scientology Celebrity Centre for Help
BY OTVIIIISGRRR8! ON OCTOBER 9, 2017 • ( 8 COMMENTS )

“Disgraced Hollywood honcho Harvey Weinstein has turned to the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Centre for help,” reported Scientology spokesman Ken Delusion.

That is funny!