GRACELAND BATTLE Elvis’ Graceland home up for auction after Lisa Marie Presley ‘failed to pay back $3.8m loan’ as family files lawsuit

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Lender states he will not pursue the action.

The Deed.....signed over to secure the 3.5 mil loan was never Filed with the County....
seems like a supposed '3.5 mil loan'. hard to believe someone would have failed to file proper documents for a loan that large -- or if it really was made, wouldn't (though maybe we'll have to wait and see) be pursuing action to recover that much money regardless, based on what would have to be a paper trail (like checks or bank transfers) showing that money did actually change hands.

i wonder if it really was more a shakedown attempt that we just haven't heard the details of, and a grifter had hoped to get say a 6-figure payment just to make it go away and drop the claim, but had their bluff called instead.

Hatshepsut

Could be the property offered was not in the clear. It might have been leveraged for some other loan also, which was jointly signed. People often go to court over which party still has their own portion of it to repay. Again, due diligence is key. Ya can't say, 'we'll just iron that out later..... sign on the dotted line.'

Type4_PTS

<snip>
"If I'm a class III auditor, how come I'm so dumb?". John had written in red underneath that line. "Good question" :roflmao:
I was in Dave Tropf's executive director's office, he wasn't present at that moment, but his assistant (ED's communicator?), a slightly built woman was, and Jens Bogvad, a big, tall Sea Org exec with a commanding but not unfriendly presence, I think he might have been CO EUS at that time, strode in, deposited a dispatch on Tropf's desk, and jauntily affixed it onto the surface of the desk by taking his hunting knife out of its sheath and stabbing through the paper and into the desk, leaving it there, with a smile. Tropf's female assistant was mortified, weakly sputtering out "Oh..you put your knife into his desk..) From my perspective, it was hilarious! :) Jens was part of the parade of husbands of Jeannie Franks/Bogvad/Sonnenfeld/Crosby/Stills/Nash, etc.
That name brought back some memories for me. When I was Boston staff around 1984 or '85 I was brought up to CLO EUS for a couple weeks to help on a project. The year prior the stats crashed around the holidays in December because staff and public wanted to take time off to be with family. We had a planet to clear so we couldn't let that happen again! :duh:

The Festive Season Program was created to handle that and I was brought up to help with it. A woman who I believe was an RTC Missionaire (her name was Charlene) was brought in as well. We were positioned at a desk immediately outside of the Cont Commander, who at the time was Jens Bogvad. I believe he was there on a garrison mission. We had to call the person in each of the EUS orgs who was in charge of getting the program done and make sure they were getting it done. They had to ensure that any staff or public wanting any time off for the holidays arranged to make up the time.

I M Dex

That name brought back some memories for me. When I was Boston staff around 1984 or '85 I was brought up to CLO EUS for a couple weeks to help on a project. The year prior the stats crashed around the holidays in December because staff and public wanted to take time off to be with family. We had a planet to clear so we couldn't let that happen again! :duh:

The Festive Season Program was created to handle that and I was brought up to help with it. A woman who I believe was an RTC Missionaire (her name was Charlene) was brought in as well. We were positioned at a desk immediately outside of the Cont Commander, who at the time was Jens Bogvad. I believe he was there on a garrison mission. We had to call the person in each of the EUS orgs who was in charge of getting the program done and make sure they were getting it done. They had to ensure that any staff or public wanting any time off for the holidays arranged to make up the time.
Yes, one of the more oppressive and depressing aspects of life as a staff member. Pretending to recognize "the 2nd dynamic" while crowding nearly out of existence in slavish "duty".
(Edit)- Oh man, that triggered a memory of just how distorted the whole Scientology mentality is. I'll omit her name, because it's so repugnant:
I was in a car with a married couple, NY org staff, both had done some "OT levels". The wife mentioned that her sister and brother in law had been murdered, and her sister made contact with her to plead for her to take care of her children (this is real enough to me, I've experienced and observed telepathy in my life frequently enough). She (the wife, in the car with me) was expressing how annoying she found this, and no way was she going to take this on.
As I said, repugnant. Yikes. I wonder what happened to those children.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Yes, one of the more oppressive and depressing aspects of life as a staff member. Pretending to recognize "the 2nd dynamic" while crowding nearly out of existence in slavish "duty".
During my time as a staff member, I don't know if I ever saw them even pretending to recognize "the 2nd dynamic". It seemed as if there was recognition of only the "3rd dynamic" and anything that got in the way of producing for that was seen as out-ethics.

I M Dex

During my time as a staff member, I don't know if I ever saw them even pretending to recognize "the 2nd dynamic". It seemed as if there was recognition of only the "3rd dynamic" and anything that got in the way of producing for that was seen as out-ethics.
Right. The pretense I speak of is in the words spoken in Hubbard's books, tapes, etc. In actual Scientology org function it is looked at as, at best, an inconvenience.

Type4_PTS

Right. The pretense I speak of is in the words spoken in Hubbard's books, tapes, etc. In actual Scientology org function it is looked at as, at best, an inconvenience.

I think also he was pretending to put us on the road to "total freedom". :D

Since I've helped derail this thread, I'll tell a story remotely connected to Lisa Marie. :)

When I left Boston Org in 1986 I worked briefly for the Manor Hotel, the home for the celebrity center in Hollywood. One day they stuck me out in the courtyard to work the canteen. Lisa walked up and ordered a hamburger and a drink. I told her the price, saying something to the effect that it was a good deal, and made her laugh. I was hoping to get to know her better but days later I began working for Social Coordination over on Wilshire Blvd in LA and didn't see her again after that.

I did message her some years ago after it was clear she was out and thought I would get a response, but later on I realized that I shared a surname with one of the people who screwed her over badly, her ex-manager named in this article. Not only do I share his surname but his first name was "Barry" and I'm Larry, so maybe she thought someone was trolling her or something.

I M Dex

I think also he was pretending to put us on the road to "total freedom". :D

Since I've helped derail this thread, I'll tell a story remotely connected to Lisa Marie. :)

When I left Boston Org in 1986 I worked briefly for the Manor Hotel, the home for the celebrity center in Hollywood. One day they stuck me out in the courtyard to work the canteen. Lisa walked up and ordered a hamburger and a drink. I told her the price, saying something to the effect that it was a good deal, and made her laugh. I was hoping to get to know her better but days later I began working for Social Coordination over on Wilshire Blvd in LA and didn't see her again after that.

I did message her some years ago after it was clear she was out and thought I would get a response, but later on I realized that I shared a surname with one of the people who screwed her over badly, her ex-manager named in this article. Not only do I share his surname but his first name was "Barry" and I'm Larry, so maybe she thought someone was trolling her or something.

You shoulda gone by "Hamburger Larry". :)

Lee #28

I liked to go over to CC once in a while and have a coffee at the Canteen Patio there. Seemed nice. Good people watching....and hanging out.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Thanks.

I made a mistake in my post about Cuch Figueroa being married to Lisa. It was FRED Figueroa. He had the forward part of his arm amputated. I didn't realize my error until I saw Karen's post of the Tony Ortega piece on Monday. I said to myself, "he's got 2 arms!"
Well you know, people have regrown their teeth with Dianetics.