Going "up" the "Bridge"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Yep, I have some advice ... go for it.

If anyone in this day and age still wants to go and check scientology out for themselves when there is so much information available at their fingertips from reputable exes ... they should just go and do it.

I hope they find what they're looking for ... or what they think they're looking for and if they have no idea what they're looking for the fabulous, oh so caring sales team will no doubt be very happy to tell them exactly what it is ... and sell it to them.

Win win.

:bleh:

Sorry @Veda ... but seriously?

Riddick

I clap to no man
There are some that wish to buy a stairway to heaven.

"There's a lady who's sure All that glitters is gold And she's buying a stairway to Heaven When she gets there she knows If the stores are all closed With a word she can get what she came for Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to Heaven There's a sign on the wall But she wants to be sure 'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings In a tree by the brook There's a songbird who sings Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiving Ooh, it makes me wonder Ooh, it makes me wonder There's a feeling I get When I look to the west And my spirit is crying for leaving In my thoughts I have seen Rings of smoke through the trees And the voices of those who standing looking Ooh, it makes me wonder Ooh, it really makes me wonder And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune Then the piper will lead us to reason And a new day will dawn For those who stand long And the forests will echo with laughter If there's a bustle in your hedgerow Don't be alarmed now It's just a spring clean for the May queen Yes, there are two paths you can go by But in the long run There's still time to change the road you're on And it makes me wonder Your head is humming and it won't go In case you don't know The piper's calling you to join him Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow? And did you know Your stairway lies on the whispering wind? And as we wind on down the road Our shadows taller than our soul There walks a lady we all know Who shines white light and wants to show How everything still turns to gold And if you listen very hard The tune will come to you at last When all are one and one is all To be a rock and not to roll And she's buying a stairway to Heaven"

It makes me wonder, but I no longer wonder, it's a false bridge to total freedom.

cakemaker

There are those, even today, who are excited about going "up" the "bridge."

Has anyone advice to those excited persons?

(Remember you may have been one of those excited persons at one time.)​
Do you remember around when the idea of "The Bridge" was introduced?
In the 1950's it didn't exist. People just did processes that they felt were the right ones for the case.
In the early 1960's you had the Handbook for Preclears and various other routes.
Hubbard came up with the concept somewhere near there but I don't remember the particulars nor why (not that 'The Bridge' really exists except as a sales tool).

marra

Do you remember around when the idea of "The Bridge" was introduced?
In the 1950's it didn't exist. People just did processes that they felt were the right ones for the case.
In the early 1960's you had the Handbook for Preclears and various other routes.
Hubbard came up with the concept somewhere near there but I don't remember the particulars nor why (not that 'The Bridge' really exists except as a sales tool).
At the very end of DMSMH Hubbard says: "For God's sake, get busy and build a better bridge!". I assume that's where the concept originated.

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I'm going to say it anyway.

I am sure that someone here knows the practices of so called "secret societies", OTO, Freemasons, Golden Dawn.

The bridge in scamatology, made up by That Liar From Tilden may have made claims in regards to the structure and and construction of the "bank".

But he had practiced within and been part of or was aware of several mystical religions. Some of these had a component with something like this "bridge".

But go ahead and explain how there is such a thing as the R6 Bank.

I will listen to music...

Last edited:

onceuponatime

Lower levels are designed to suck you in and give you wins. Sure, you may have wins but I question if the full EPs as stated on the grade chart really get achieved. Still, you have wins on the lower levels. Fine. Doesn't mean you have to accept the upper levels as gospel. Trust your gut. If something sounds crazy it probably is. That would be my advice. Trust your gut and question things. Are these eps actually being achieved?

Riddick

I clap to no man
At the very end of DMSMH Hubbard says: "For God's sake, get busy and build a better bridge!". I assume that's where the concept originated.
yep

Veda

Hubbard unveils the first Grade Chart, circa 1965

This was also the year that Hubbard instituted Fair Game, SP Declares, Disconnection, and four years after had begun Security Checking. This was around that time that Scientology became much more secretive, especially about its "upper levels." It was also the year that the Australian Anderson Report was the first to spot that Hubbard's hoax "Russian" manual was, essentially, the blueprint for the operation of Scientology.

Link to a thread that should be read by anyone considering going "up'" the "Bridge" in Scientology Inc.: https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/scientology-sharia-law.50652/

Apologies for the noise by Alanzo.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Hubbard mixed a lot of sources together in the on-going creation of Scientology auditing.

Dianetics was borrowed (and altered to fit his model) from abreaction therapy.
Finding and auditing, so-called, "basic-basic engram" did not produce Clear.
But he still had the notion of Thetan.
So, for a short while, there became "one-shot-clear by exteriorization". This didn't work. (Exteriorization is hallucination).

1. Grades 0-IV could be done in any order to get the brain-endorphin effect for stress relief by repeating AESPs on any category of life.

2. Achieving the so-called state of Clear should produce an OT but it didn't so Hubbard had to invent the idea of Body Thetans.

(BTW, has anyone here done the ASHO Briefing Course and what do you now think of it?)

Last edited:

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
There are those, even today, who are excited about going "up" the "bridge."

Has anyone advice to those excited persons?​

Yes of course, here is my advice:

- You can go up the bridge, but the bridge can never be crossed.

Even if you follow Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten ruthlessly, if you apply the the tech standardly, follow the correct policy... you still won't be free. The bridge was never finished and most important: It was never designed to set you free.

Look around you and you shall see: All the people like Chinese school repeating: "we go up the bridge to be free"... but are any of them free? Did they become more or less free?

Or are they becoming mind-numbed zombies preoccupied with fighting psychiatry, crushing entheta utterly, teaching the tech correctly, confronting SPs constantly... is this vicious circle really "being free?"

... darn there is also a song somewhere in that post that wants to get out. What the heck is this, scn defector song day?!

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
The so-called "Bridge" has two sides.
1. training (some critics might correctly refer to this as "rhetoric")
2. auditing (which creates a brain endorphin effect by repeating an AESP in session)

It's both of these two items (not just rhetoric alone).

(BTW, I am not defending Scientology "tech".)

-------------------------
Does the e-meter pinch test work? Yes.
If A implies B does that therefore mean that B implies A? No. That is a logical fallacy.

Last edited:

TheSneakster

2. auditing (which creates a brain endorphin effect by repeating an AESP in session)
A theory of Arnaldo Lerma's that has never been verified by valid scientific experimentation under controlled conditions with findings published after peer review in an appropriate scientific journal.

That is one of top five criticisms of Scientology, so if Ron Hubbard can't get away with it, why should Lerma ?

Riddick

I clap to no man
A theory of Arnaldo Lerma's that has never been verified by valid scientific experimentation under controlled conditions with findings published after peer review in an appropriate scientific journal.

That is one of top five criticisms of Scientology, so if Ron Hubbard can't get away with it, why should Lerma ?
what are the top 5 criticisms of scientology? Curious to know.

I think I have two. One being no clears or OT's. Second being no return from death using scientology training of how to become a auditor and actual auditing results. Although, I do have sub criticisms.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
The so-called "Bridge" has two sides.
1. training (some critics might correctly refer to this as "rhetoric")

It's both of these two items (not just rhetoric alone).

(BTW, I am not defending Scientology "tech".)

-------------------------
Does the e-meter pinch test work? Yes.
If A implies B does that therefore mean that B implies A? No. That is a logical fallacy.
"Does the e-meter pinch test work? Yes.
If A implies B does that therefore mean that B implies A? No. That is a logical fallacy."

in other words, get a pinch while on the e-meter holding the cans, ask the question recall the pinch while on the e-meter, see e-meter needle swing, therefore that is supposed to mean the e-meter works in registering thoughts of pain, and yes it works, one can see this.

Therefore, all auditing and words of rhetoric wisdom about the state of clear and OT are true. By getting trained and by doing auditing, one can go clear and OT and go up the bridge.

Yes, dianetics and scientology is one huge logical fallacy over time from 1950 to present time. There have been many huge logical fallacies in the history of man.

Last edited: