General advice

Incognito

If you were advising a couple who had split up with a young kid due to Scientology ....one read about just about everything on the net I believe...the other a little but came to different conclusions...do you think di vorc e is inevitable and necessary or could they put their spiritual differences to one side. Narcissism I've read abounds when you get higher up the levels so that needs to be considered and of course there is integrity to consider of the spouse knowing the barbaric conditions of the past for some staff and all the other bad stuff that goes on behind closed doors i.e. osa etc btw has not Miscavidge cleaned up the hole just in case he gets busted?......

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
Here is my opinion. Of course, my opinion is based on the fact that I got divorced under similar circumstances back in 1992. My wife had read and heard bad things about scamatology. I wouldn't hear it, because of my cool friends that said scamatology was coooool. I got divorced WITHOUT looking and hearing what my wife had heard because, of course, she was wrong, without really knowing the truth. That is what I truly believed. I don't know that anyone could have broken through my stupidity at the time.

Divorce is not necessary, and is absolutely incorrect, if one of the sides is saying scamatology is a legitimate activity to pursue. IT IS A SCAM!!

There is nothing spritual about scamatology, other than people may be spiritual beings, and they might participate in scamatology. That is a subject that is debated everyday, that as far as I know, hasn't had a resolution.

Tell me where that you see that data about narcissism and upper scamatology levels. I would like to see that, because I find that interesting.

Last edited:

Paul Adams

(Dulloldfart on ESMB)
"Putting spiritual differences to one side" varies, depending on how much the Scio spouse is into Scn. Someone deeply into it will not listen to reason, or believe any evidence that Scn is bad, however clear that evidence is. If it were only a matter of belief differences, it might be OK -- but the deeply-in one will want to make "spiritual progress" in Scn, which involves spending vast amounts of money (could easily get to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more), and time, doing courses and receiving "counselling," pursuing his/her goals. It's hard for one partner to earn lots of money and see the other just toss it down the toilet. And not have time for family matters. For years ....

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
If you were advising a couple who had split up with a young kid due to Scientology ....one read about just about everything on the net I believe...the other a little but came to different conclusions...do you think di vorc e is inevitable and necessary or could they put their spiritual differences to one side. Narcissism I've read abounds when you get higher up the levels so that needs to be considered and of course there is integrity to consider of the spouse knowing the barbaric conditions of the past for some staff and all the other bad stuff that goes on behind closed doors i.e. osa etc btw has not Miscavidge cleaned up the hole just in case he gets busted?......
It's not a question of whether THEY can put differences aside. It's a question of whether Scientology will tolerate a marriage where one spouse is anti Scientology, or demand that the Scientologist divorce as a condition of being allowed to continue with services.

One exception would be if the non Scn spouse financed services for the other, but only as long as the cash flow continued.

Incognito

"Putting spiritual differences to one side" varies, depending on how much the Scio spouse is into Scn. Someone deeply into it will not listen to reason, or believe any evidence that Scn is bad, however clear that evidence is. If it were only a matter of belief differences, it might be OK -- but the deeply-in one will want to make "spiritual progress" in Scn, which involves spending vast amounts of money (could easily get to hundreds of thousands of dollars or more), and time, doing courses and receiving "counselling," pursuing his/her goals. It's hard for one partner to earn lots of money and see the other just toss it down the toilet. And not have time for family matters. For years ....
Very true.