Florida Scientologist Trish Duggan becomes huge Trump donor

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news

Politico: Florida Scientologist becomes huge Trump donor

Florida Scientologist becomes huge Trump donor

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

TALLAHASSEE — Trish Duggan, a wealthy Florida Scientologist, has become one of the GOP’s top donors, including giving $4 million alone to a pro-Donald Trump super PAC, campaign finance records show.

Duggan and a trust in her name have each given $2 million to America First Action, the biggest Trump-aligned super PAC of the 2020 cycle. The group has spent more than $40 million on TV ads and airtime reservations so far this cycle in key swing states, including Florida.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Edited to add from the Politico story:

Beyond the $4 million to the pro-Trump super PAC, Duggan this cycle has also given $589,600 to Trump Victory, a joint fundraising committee helping the president’s campaign raise money, and $45,000 to the Republican National Committee

Last edited:

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago

TALLAHASSEE — Trish Duggan, a wealthy Florida Scientologist, has become one of the GOP’s top donors, including giving $4 million alone to a pro-Donald Trump super PAC, campaign finance records show.

Duggan and a trust in her name have each given $2 million to America First Action, the biggest Trump-aligned super PAC of the 2020 cycle. The group has spent more than $40 million on TV ads and airtime reservations so far this cycle in key swing states, including Florida.

Awesome!
Well, just goes to show she did not audit out all common sense and logic.
Go Trump 2020!

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega earlier posted a blog where Bob Duggan set up some kind of Trust Annuity type thing where the cult got 3 million a year going into perpetuity.

Bob Duggan appears to have now distanced himself somewhat.
They are no longer a couple.

View attachment 6696
As noted in the Politico story linked the OP, Trish "Duggan divorced her husband, billionaire venture capitalist Bob Duggan, in 2017."

As for the annuity or foundation, on 10/18/19 Tony Ortega reported:

Duggans abandon scheme, give $48.8 million in AbbVie stock directly to Scientology

Finally, I don't think that Bob Duggan is distancing himself from Scientology. In an interview with Tracey McManus published on 11/22/19, he was fully supportive of Scientology:

The man who gave Scientology $360 million actually answered the phone

The man who gave Scientology $360 million actually answered the phone

“I read something from (Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard) every day and I apply it all throughout my life."

[SNIP]

“Companies I started have generated value of over $100 billion,” he said. “I don’t remember doing that before (Scientology) … It’s there to help the able become more able. For me it worked.”

Karen#1

Yeah, by distancing himself I meant he moved away from doing money seminars for the cult and (These can all be done on line "virtually") but he does not.

He was in a phase of actively promoting almost FSMing for the cult. That is no longer happening.

Because of his Billionaire status,. anytime he shilled for the cult it made news and no such news is bubbling up these days....

Bob Duggan is a public the cult would not easily be able to CONTROL or stop becoming aware of what the Internet is saying such as the Black Ops/Fair Game series and the Leah and Mike podcasts. I am curious if he is getting a broader picture...

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Because what everyone here wants is the Church of Scientology safe-pointing President Trump.
To be fair: Scientology supported the republicans since way back when. They don't care if it will be Jeb Bush, Trump, Elaine Chao or zombie Reagan.
Democrats want to give people wider access to psychotherapy? Democrats bad, vote against them!

The church is a single issue voter.

Bob Duggan is a public the cult would not easily be able to CONTROL or stop becoming aware of what the Internet is saying such as the Black Ops/Fair Game series and the Leah and Mike podcasts. I am curious if he is getting a broader picture...
Unless my ex-colleagues have something personal in their files that can be used to grab Mr.Duggan by the balls.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

Last edited:

ISNOINews

To be fair: Scientology supported the republicans since way back when. They don't care if it will be Jeb Bush, Trump, Elaine Chao or zombie Reagan.
Democrats want to give people wider access to psychotherapy? Democrats bad, vote against them!

The church is a single issue voter.
Los Angeles Times: Trump won this little chunk of Los Angeles, where half of voters are linked to Scientology

Trump won this little chunk of Los Angeles, where half of voters are linked to Scientology

Among those who did proffer a theory for publication was James Kronwall, a registered Republican who lives on L. Ron Hubbard Way, and said he knew why the precinct went for Trump.

“Scientology is the No. 1 foe of psychiatry,” he said, adding that he and others in the church perceive Clinton to be an advocate for psychiatric programs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Rinder: New Scientology Lies

New Scientology Lies

As everyone who has ever been in the Sea Org knows, they cannot access normal media. So they do not have a CLUE about the issues or who to vote for. So, they are given a briefing “about the issues” and it goes something like this:

“Hillary Clinton sees a psychiatrist and has supported 30 pro-psych bills. Her husband is a notorious philanderer. She supports abortion and gay rights.”

“Donald Trump is a self-made man who is drug free and has raised a drug free family. He believes in protecting the First Amendment and the Constitution. He is against social welfare. Oh, and he called a psych “sad” on Twitter.”

The Sea Org members are then allowed to “make up their own mind.”

This is NOT an exaggeration.

Technically, it is not telling someone how to vote. But it is in fact doing just that

ISNOINews

Edited to add from the Politico story:

Beyond the $4 million to the pro-Trump super PAC, Duggan this cycle has also given $589,600 to Trump Victory, a joint fundraising committee helping the president’s campaign raise money, and $45,000 to the Republican National Committee
The Politico story linked above notes that Trish Duggan contributed to the America First Action political action committee. Open Secrets documents those contributions here:

America First Action Contributors, 2020 cycle | OpenSecrets

Screenshot_20200922-152546_1600813848852.png

ISNOINews

Theory: When Bob and Trish were married, Bob had veto power over large expenditures and donations. He was happy contributing $360 million to Scientology, but he didn't do (and apparently still doesn't do) politics. Now that they are divorced, Trish has her own money and can "flow power" (i.e., money) wherever she wants -- including politics. Trish Duggan unleashed.

It looks like David Miscavige just got an important new weapon in his arsenal. A thermonuclear weapon.

Assuming there was any possibility that the Trump administration would try to revoke the Church of Scientology's tax-exempt status, what are the chances now?

President Trump has been successfully safe-pointed by the Church of Scientology.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
Tony Ortega earlier posted a blog where Bob Duggan set up some kind of Trust Annuity type thing where the cult got 3 million a year going into perpetuity.

View attachment 6696
I recall Bob Duggan divorcing her a while ago or splitting up cuz he met someone else.

Here is a blurb from Tony Ortega's post "DID BOB BLOW" from Dec.2017. Looks like he went out 2-D.

"Our first hint that this might be the case came that same day we posted last week’s story, when we heard from a Duggan family friend.
Bob and Trish had not only broken up, we were told, but Bob was already in a new relationship, with a woman he worked with at his fabulously successful cancer-drug firm, Pharmacyclics.
Her name is Mahkam “Maky” Zanganeh, and today she’s a board member with Bob on their new Silicon Valley pharmaceutical business venture, a firm called Pulse Biosciences."

Congrats to Bob Duggan. He reached one of the more common side effects of Scientology - the shattered family.
Bob reached the Scientology EP of "It's her fault as to why I am not (fill in the blank).
He is convinced after taking the PTS/SP course that Trish is some kind of past life DB cuz it read on the meter while auditing.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

View attachment 6696

I am very confused. Actually---on the verge of "free wheeling"!

1. Why does Miscavige always have to be referred to as "MR" Miscavige. Same goes for "MR" Cruise. The cult is pathetic in their transparently lame grab for any stolen status, glory, valor or altitude. Only a Scientologist thinks that putting "MR" in front of their names has profound significance. Yes, it's true---Scientologists really are that naive and gullible.​
2. Why did MR. Bob Duggan and MR. Trish DUggan break up their 2D? Couldn't they have just read "HOW TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE". I am pretty shocked their their FSM or cult comrade MR. Grant Cardone didn't simply give them an r-factor to read Ron's book on how he saved his 3 marriages. Millions of 2Ds around the planet were saved and salvaged by the sacred scripture and scientific discoveries contained within that book, just ask Miscavige how he saved his marriage or ask Tom Cruise how he saved his 3 marriages!​

. . . and now a special word from our Founder

MR. Ron Hubbard

MR. Ron Hubbard's hands holding
MR. Hubbards 100% workable marriage saving tech

THE PREVIOUS INFORMATION ON THIS POST WAS
GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY A GRANT FROM
MR. DON HUBBARD

ISNOINews

I recall Bob Duggan divorcing her a while ago or splitting up cuz he met someone else.

Here is a blurb from Tony Ortega's post "DID BOB BLOW" from Dec.2017. Looks like he went out 2-D.

"Our first hint that this might be the case came that same day we posted last week’s story, when we heard from a Duggan family friend.
Bob and Trish had not only broken up, we were told, but Bob was already in a new relationship, with a woman he worked with at his fabulously successful cancer-drug firm, Pharmacyclics.
Her name is Mahkam “Maky” Zanganeh, and today she’s a board member with Bob on their new Silicon Valley pharmaceutical business venture, a firm called Pulse Biosciences."

Congrats to Bob Duggan. He reached one of the more common side effects of Scientology - the shattered family.
Bob reached the Scientology EP of "It's her fault as to why I am not (fill in the blank).
He is convinced after taking the PTS/SP course that Trish is some kind of past life DB cuz it read on the meter while auditing.
To be fair, I suspect that Scientology had nothing to do with this divorce. (It's not like they were facing financial pressure.) Bob was a billionaire who paired up with an attractive, well-educated younger woman he worked with and continues to work with. A woman who, by the way, has a very impressive resume.

MAKY ZANGANEH | mzassociates

A billionaire dumping his wife for an attractive, intelligent, well-educated younger woman is not exactly unheard of.

JustSheila

To be fair, I suspect that Scientology had nothing to do with this divorce. (It's not like they were facing financial pressure.) Bob was a billionaire who paired up with an attractive, well-educated younger woman he worked with and continues to work with. A woman who, by the way, has a very impressive resume.

MAKY ZANGANEH | mzassociates

A billionaire dumping his wife for an attractive, intelligent, well-educated younger woman is not exactly unheard of.
Yeh, in a pseudo-religion like Scientology where marriage and children aren’t valued, rich old men get divorced to pursue hot young babes. Scientology won’t do a thing about that and has no effective tech to repair a marriage, either. Not that Scns won’t claim it does and sell it, anyway.

Compare the divorce rate in Scn to Judaism, where marriage and family are valued. And let’s not forget that Duggan’s first cancer cure that made him billions in investments that was based on Hubbard’s niacin claims was a complete failure, but he sold the company before that was discovered in the final phase. Duggan pulled it off afterward with a secondary investment in a competent team.

Type4_PTS

<snip>

If not, Bob is welcome to stop by here and we'll fill him in. :coolwink:

ISNOINews

I believe that I may have found a very small mistake in the Politico story. The story states:

Trish Duggan’s status as a top federal donor is new to the 2020 election cycle. She has not previously given federal contributions under her name, federal campaign finance records show

Yet, Open Secrets shows that a Patricia Duggan then living in Belleair Beach, FL gave $1,000 to the Black Americans for the President's Agenda political action committee in 2018:

Black Americans for the President's Agenda Contributors, 2018 cycle | OpenSecrets

Screenshot_20200922-163631_1600835555716.png

Screenshot_20200922-163944_1600835756346.png

Last edited:

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I believe that I found a very small mistake in the Politico story. The story states:

Trish Duggan’s status as a top federal donor is new to the 2020 election cycle. She has not previously given federal contributions under her name, federal campaign finance records show

Yet, Open Secrets shows that a Patricia Duggan then living in Belleair Beach, FL gave $1,000 to the Black Americans for the President's Agenda political action committee in 2018:

Black Americans for the President's Agenda Contributors, 2018 cycle | OpenSecrets

View attachment 6712

View attachment 6713
Tony Ortega wrote:

Richest Scientologist in the world is one of the donors behind offensive Arkansas radio ad
By Tony Ortega | October 19, 2018

Thanks to reader Madame Duran, we learned that some observers had already discovered that among the top donors to Black Americans for the President’s Agenda was a wealthy white woman named Patricia Duggan.

Readers here at the Underground Bunker know that name well. Trish Duggan is the richest Scientologist in the world.

For years we’ve been keeping tabs on Scientology’s biggest donors, and biggest of all was Trish and her husband Bob, who split in 2015. The Duggans made their fortune in pharmaceuticals when a cancer drug being developed by Bob’s company, Pharmacyclics, proved effective and the value of the company skyrocketed. In 2015 Pharmacyclics was bought by the pharma giant Abbvie for $21 billion, and Bob’s personal take was about $3.5 billion in the sale.

ISNOINews

Tony Ortega wrote:

Richest Scientologist in the world is one of the donors behind offensive Arkansas radio ad
By Tony Ortega | October 19, 2018

Thanks to reader Madame Duran, we learned that some observers had already discovered that among the top donors to Black Americans for the President’s Agenda was a wealthy white woman named Patricia Duggan.

Readers here at the Underground Bunker know that name well. Trish Duggan is the richest Scientologist in the world.

For years we’ve been keeping tabs on Scientology’s biggest donors, and biggest of all was Trish and her husband Bob, who split in 2015. The Duggans made their fortune in pharmaceuticals when a cancer drug being developed by Bob’s company, Pharmacyclics, proved effective and the value of the company skyrocketed. In 2015 Pharmacyclics was bought by the pharma giant Abbvie for $21 billion, and Bob’s personal take was about $3.5 billion in the sale.

Thanks, great find. I forgot about that.