First timer ever

Vino2Style

Curious. What sort of "alternate ID"?

The airlines, TSA, and Homeland Security, are pretty strict about what kinds of ID are acceptable to fly domestically. Any old ID won't cut it.

My condolences to you for the loss of your daughters.
I changed my identity. Money still talks these days and anyone who has experienced the times when as a member one was required to visit certain places where they were not welcomed. In those situations, we were 'reconstructed' to fit in. Sea Org would recall as recent as the early eighties when they docked in foreign territory and was drilled into proclaiming to be archaeological students with their kids. Yeah, fun times.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I changed my identity. Money still talks these days and anyone who has experienced the times when as a member one was required to visit certain places where they were not welcomed. In those situations, we were 'reconstructed' to fit in. Sea Org would recall as recent as the early eighties when they docked in foreign territory and was drilled into proclaiming to be archaeological students with their kids.
I still don't get it. Are you talking about using a fake ID you procured while in the Sea Org? Is that what you mean by, "I changed my identity"?

Question: Why not just use your real identification docs?

Free to shine

Smelling the roses
'End Game' I would say is the slang reference to 'End Cycle'. To be more concise, "End Game' is the process and the other is the end result. Other than that, life after started out very rough. Never been in the 'real world' without a member nearby, felt very alone. Doing very well now in spite of everything but I will continue to move forward. Haven't met any ex-sci physically yet since this method has my anxiety levels up as it is :)
12/31/2014 was when I lost my girls.
Thanks, it rings a bell somehow. I'm glad you are doing well, if you feel you do want to connect with others who understand I suggest The Aftermath Foundation. There is so much to reconcile after a life in scientology, and there are safe people who can support and help make sense of it all. You can do a lot of recovery by yourself but it really does help to be able to talk freely and in person as well.

Vino2Style

I still don't get it. Are you talking about using a fake ID you procured while in the Sea Org? Is that what you mean by, "I changed my identity"?

Question: Why not just use your real identification docs?
I did not want to be tracked or stopped.

Vino2Style

Thanks, it rings a bell somehow. I'm glad you are doing well, if you feel you do want to connect with others who understand I suggest The Aftermath Foundation. There is so much to reconcile after a life in scientology, and there are safe people who can support and help make sense of it all. You can do a lot of recovery by yourself but it really does help to be able to talk freely and in person as well.
Thank you very much. Just finished visiting that site and contacting them via email.

Voodoo

I changed my identity. Money still talks these days and anyone who has experienced the times when as a member one was required to visit certain places where they were not welcomed. In those situations, we were 'reconstructed' to fit in. Sea Org would recall as recent as the early eighties when they docked in foreign territory and was drilled into proclaiming to be archaeological students with their kids. Yeah, fun times.
So, you possessed a forged ID that was good enough to fool TSA and the airlines?

Interesting. Was that ID procured for you by the Sea Org while you were still a member? I'm really curious about this, as that's the sort of stuff that is practiced by real criminals - not fake space navy cults.

Then there's the cost. A forged ID that's good enough to fool federal authorities ain't cheap. You must have been doing something mighty important for the cult to spend so much on a fake ID for you.

So, what's the whole story with this ID?

JustSheila

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters, Vino2Style, and that you went through such a hard time. :heartflowers:

I'm having trouble understanding your story. Perhaps you've translated Scientology terms to English to make them more understandable, but you don't have to do that here. Most members of exscn2 have been in Scientology many years or are familiar with the lingo.

So when you say you were an admin or an inmate and your daughter was a PA, it doesn't translate that well. What posts did you or they hold?

You said you and your daughters had leukemia. Were you getting treatment? Were they?

Maybe English is a second language for you, but I am sorry, I'm not understanding your story very well.

Reactions: UTR

Vino2Style

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters, Vino2Style, and that you went through such a hard time. :heartflowers:

I'm having trouble understanding your story. Perhaps you've translated Scientology terms to English to make them more understandable, but you don't have to do that here. Most members of exscn2 have been in Scientology many years or are familiar with the lingo.

So when you say you were an admin or an inmate and your daughter was a PA, it doesn't translate that well. What posts did you or they hold?

You said you and your daughters had leukemia. Were you getting treatment? Were they?

Maybe English is a second language for you, but I am sorry, I'm not understanding your story very well.
PA=Personal Assistant...I called myself an inmate because when I was deemed out-ethics for a time, I was sent there. I also was assigned at RPF around the the time Rinder was there, that's why I said admin, short for administration. I was not getting treatment but when I had left I went to an oncologist who diagnosed it as in remission. My daughter was insistent on getting treatment.

Vino2Style

So, you possessed a forged ID that was good enough to fool TSA and the airlines?

Interesting. Was that ID procured for you by the Sea Org while you were still a member? I'm really curious about this, as that's the sort of stuff that is practiced by real criminals - not fake space navy cults.

Then there's the cost. A forged ID that's good enough to fool federal authorities ain't cheap. You must have been doing something mighty important for the cult to spend so much on a fake ID for you.

So, what's the whole story with this ID?
It was not made by them, that would have done me no good. My network was large enough that I found someone who could get me by long enough to get my bearings straight. To clarify, the cult is criminally minded, I am not. I was saving my life. I see your interest is piqued about the ID thing but that is not why I am here. I live a good and clean life today but just haven't been able to talk about my past with anyone so I could attempt to get some kind of closure permanently.

Vino2Style

Sorry about the terminology. It's all I knew from birth to age 45. I am 50 now and it is getting much better.

Voodoo

It was not made by them, that would have done me no good. My network was large enough that I found someone who could get me by long enough to get my bearings straight. To clarify, the cult is criminally minded, I am not. I was saving my life. I see your interest is piqued about the ID thing but that is not why I am here. I live a good and clean life today but just haven't been able to talk about my past with anyone so I could attempt to get some kind of closure permanently.
Vino, being vague and failing to answer simple legitimate questions, only serves to build mistrust. I'm trying to understand your story, but there are some visible inconsistencies, of which, the ID thing stood out most for me.

You claim that the Sea Org gave you false ID for their own purposes. I'm not disputing that at all. I'm only asking why the organization would have given you a false ID that is of such high quality that it can fool the airlines and the TSA.

Such documents are of international criminal grade. They are really, really hard to manufacture, and are extremely expensive to procure.

Simple question. Why did the Sea Org invest such resources into you? Additionally, why were you allowed to hold on to a document that was so sensitive and valuable to the organization?

Vumba

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Anyway, was born into that mess and officially got on board when I was 7 after parents signed their rights away to me. Grandparents helped in the printing of LRH's initial pamphlet and distribution. Therefore, wasn't given much of choice. My time there wasn't all that bad until I got my moment of clarity in 2015 a week or so after the loss of my daughters on 12/31/2014. Bit of background, had stints with OSA, FLAG, RPF(both as admin and "inmate"), Sea Org and NARCONON with little stops along the way including P.A. for COB. Yeah, funtimes :\
At any rate, a month after my second daughter was born, their mom was conveniently 'offloaded' . I was given the privilege of raising and working with my girls (unlike most) for the rest of our time there.
My 19 y.o. Bianca developed Leukemia a few years prior just like I did at her age. It wasn't affecting her progress at all in any way. It was discovered by those that felt they had her best intentions in mind(not me) that she was considering medical treatment against Sci policy. When this was addressed by her loosley stable auditor, she was threatened with RPF of course so she could get back on track. She had threatened to blow to what she assumed was a trusted friend and eventually through a litany of T.R's was deemed in-ethics again.
It wasn't too long after all this that I was finding it more difficult to access either one of my daughter's reports. Technical issues, back-ups and like were general excuses made.
Moving forward a bit, we were in Europe, me in Italy and both of them together in Poland working separate missions when I was contacted by their handler that their vehicle had overturned on a small embankment and caught fire. Upon securing transport to the crash site, I was overwhelmed by the discovery of their bodies. A road built for a horse and buggy, yet they were driving a Ford Excursion, of which they hated SUVs that was conveniently provided by the ORG.
Two weeks later I was scheduled to speak at an event in L.A. that D.M. had organized and decided to evade the car service that was picking me up and blow.
In my mind I was going over all my experiences and noticing odd crap that I did not see before. I felt asinine, ignorant and filthy all at the same time. I had to get away and quick. My internal accounts were seized by the next day but I had cash on hand stowed away. Of course, all my residences were closed off and watched. I purchased new phones, and practically lived on a United flight for almost 3 months while I worked on getting my bearing in order.
It wasn't until the last few weeks that I discovered a message on another ex-Sci board that was to me from someone trapped in RPF that got it out via a trusted friend. This is where I learned about the aggressive version of 'end game' that was used on Bianca of which Taylor, my eldest was with her at the time.
Have had a lot of mixed feelings since but am processing each one as they come. So much more to say but am thankful that all of you have allowed me to say this much.
I’m so very sorry to hear this story. How horrible for you. I’m so glad you’re out, and really sympathise with your plight. I was I. From the age of 5 until I was 21, and it was not great at times! I hope you find the support and friendship you need in this Group xx

Vino2Style

Vino, being vague and failing to answer simple legitimate questions, only serves to build mistrust. I'm trying to understand your story, but there are some visible inconsistencies, of which, the ID thing stood out most for me.

You claim that the Sea Org gave you false ID for their own purposes. I'm not disputing that at all. I'm only asking why the organization would have given you a false ID that is of such high quality that it can fool the airlines and the TSA.

Such documents are of international criminal grade. They are really, really hard to manufacture, and are extremely expensive to procure.

Simple question. Why did the Sea Org invest such resources into you? Additionally, why were you allowed to hold on to a document that was so sensitive and valuable to the organization?
The ID I had after leaving was obtained by myself. Prior to this, my original ID was used for travel within the org. As far as getting through TSA, your ID does not have to be state or federally issued. If they question it, one must go through a longer and more thorough security check. I've used my employee ID to get on a flight when I could not readily locate my actual one. The pat down though is a bit more on the molesting side unfortunately :) The ID the Sea Org provided back in 70's & 80's was poorly made compared to today's standards. Without the tech we have today, visiting foreign docks simply required a picture attached to a document with your identity listed. There was no immediate verification process available other than some log provided by Interpol or other agency (like back when credit cards were checked against a phone book sized binder and we used carbon paper).

cakemaker

This reminds me of Hamlet,

"Horatio: Have after! To what issue will this come?
Marcellus: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Horatio: Heaven will direct it.
Marcellus: Nay, let's follow him."

Voodoo

The ID I had after leaving was obtained by myself. Prior to this, my original ID was used for travel within the org. As far as getting through TSA, your ID does not have to be state or federally issued. If they question it, one must go through a longer and more thorough security check. I've used my employee ID to get on a flight when I could not readily locate my actual one. The pat down though is a bit more on the molesting side unfortunately :) The ID the Sea Org provided back in 70's & 80's was poorly made compared to today's standards. Without the tech we have today, visiting foreign docks simply required a picture attached to a document with your identity listed. There was no immediate verification process available other than some log provided by Interpol or other agency (like back when credit cards were checked against a phone book sized binder and we used carbon paper).
Interesting. You were Sea Org staff way back in the days of carbon paper and phone books, and finally left Scn in 2015. That is a really, really long time. You must have left quite a wake in all those years in the Sea Org. I suppose your experiential track in Scn isn't all that unusual, but your usage of fake ID sure is.

I don't mind telling you that the ID thing still stands out as somewhat odd for someone newly escaping the cult. Few of us here have any experience with clandestine activities or false identification.

Just seems odd that a newly escaped person would obtain a fake ID as their first order of business upon leaving the cult, then spend the next few weeks riding airplanes and hiding out in hotels. You must be awfully important to the cult, if you had to go to such great lengths to hide from them.

Naturally, you don't have to reveal your real name to anyone here, but answer me this: Why is the cult so interested in you?

Vino2Style

I felt some relief at first when I discovered this message board for being able to chat with those who would actually understand but you seem to have made it a goal in your life now to try and make me the outcast as if I am not used to that already. Your behavior is reminiscent of someone who still operates under their umbrella, whether that is true or not, it does not matter. I am just going to go back to what I was doing before signing up here.

Zertel

I felt some relief at first when I discovered this message board for being able to chat with those who would actually understand but you seem to have made it a goal in your life now to try and make me the outcast as if I am not used to that already. Your behavior is reminiscent of someone who still operates under their umbrella, whether that is true or not, it does not matter. I am just going to go back to what I was doing before signing up here.
Around 1980 I had a scientologist friend who had two DUIs (drunk driving) and his drivers license was suspended. There was a book titled "How to create a new ID in America" or something like that. He followed the instructions in the book and easily got a new California drivers license. It might be even easier to do the same in other countries. Likewise it's not difficult to obtain credit cards and live on them for awhile. I see no reason for a "cross examination."

Anyhow, Vino, thanks for sharing your story. I hope you reconsider and continue to participate.

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
One poster is not all. Feel free to ignore what you wish to ignore. Hope you'll stick around and share more stories of your time in.