First Excerpt from A Billion Years

Karen#1

Excerpt:
The Daily Beast negotiated an exclusive first look to excerpt a short section from the book.

What they chose is not what I would have selected to represent the contents of A Billion Years, but they are convinced this is what will interest their readers. I almost omitted reference to celebrities altogether for fear of it becoming a distraction from the more important things I had to say, but ultimately chose to include some of the interactions because to have left them out entirely would have not been authentic. These things did happen and in some ways impacted my thinking and decisions.~~~READ MORE

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Curious about what y'all think of your first glimpse into the 336-page book. :coolwink:

Last edited:

Lee #28

(For full disclosure....personally, I don't like Mike Rinder at all.... But that goes for most Sea Org personnel too....)

Seems like plain old Celeb Gossip ......to me.

Out of all that writing in the short excerpt what caught my eye was in the last paragraph about Travolta....

Rinder writes "we dug up some dirt..." talking about that time some gay lover stories were in the news ......

That's all....just " we dug up some dirt. " There is no meat and potatoes there.... Would have liked some behind the scenes information on how this dirt was dug up.....who dug it up......how was it used......who interacted with which publications to get this off the news....

Whose idea was it to have a strategy of "digging up dirt..." Who was in charge....names places....where was this done.... if there were teams of people in on this .....and or lawyers....which detectives were used.....who hired them....who did they report to.....how were they paid and how much $. How big of a Scientology Operations is there to run herd of their Celebs in general...and specifically?

Anyone that goes thru a Grocery Store checkout line.....could have seen the National Enquirer headlines of John Travolta's gay lover story....the "kiss at the plane" picture and the gay bath house / massage stories.... This is all very common knowledge.

Ridner....behind the scenes.....should fill in the blanks.... instead of rehashing The Globe headlines...

And the ultimate black hole of lack of information.....were any of the stories true? Did Travolta have a gay problem.....and what it a problem for Scientology....and why .... How were these stories effecting Kelly Preston and their marriage?

No meat or potatoes....IMO

To reiterate....for a guy at the top of the Sea Org totem pole.....he is telling nothing .... ( in this brief excerpt...)

On the plus side....OK, shows that the Celebs were all part of the "elite group" in Scientology....and worked somewhat together...(once in the fold). And that they all were handled by the elite tiers of Scientology.....( not much of that though ) Could go much deeper into how these Celebs are handled....what part or team or group handles them.....to what purpose.... And of course any Sea Org embedded within their daily lives and homes...and families.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Wow, what an excellent review! :hattip:

But that goes for most Sea Org personnel too....
Clarify . . . you don't like most Sea Org personnel OR most Sea Org personnel
don't like Mike Rinder too. Maybe I'm misreading your sentence.

Lee #28

For clarification....

I have no idea what the Sea Org thinks of Mike Rinder. ( But obviously.....not very highly and Declared SP. )

Personally I just don't like any Sea Org members....nor most SO Exs.....because they "ran the show." Whether wittingly or unwittingly....they ran things......at all levels. To be honest...I am very bitter.....and have a lot of hate. Perhaps you remember those vids I posted of myself protesting at Flag and sceaming at the police and SO there....( several years ago...and i took them down. )

What little I know of Rinder.....as he states he ran OSA......then he would have been in the loop, IMO, of me getting kicked out of Scien. I think some teenager SO thought I was a CIA plant or something.... ( after 27 years in ) And an "operation" was run on me......including killing my dog.

He seems very mealy mouthed to me..... And for a guy reputed to be so far up....and so much in the loop.....he hasn't really let loose with any real information as to the behind the scenes operations....as far as I can tell.

But to be honest....I don't keep up with much that is written or videos about the SO...or Cult.

I can see he has positioned himself as the "go to guy" for the inside scoop about the Cult........ for the Mass Media....?

Perhaps for the benefit of the doubt......his is a measured disclosure of information....following some game plan...?

What is his back story? I am sure he didn't just step into the position of Head of OSA Int ?

What did he do in Scientology to get into that position? Was he in the GO?

Last edited:

Lee #28

Off Topic....sorry.

Last week the owner of Rockstar Cheer.....shot himself in the head....committing suicide.

Rockstar Cheerl was a Nationwide Cheer-leading school ....that taught and I believe held competitions.....via affiliates.

Rockstar Cheer also manufactured and sold "virtually every cheer-leading uniform in the world...." (wiki )

It turns out that for 20 years.....there has been sexual abuse....rapes....molesting...and the like. of underage girls....

This all came to light last week.

So, it seems to me that if an organization with Parents this involved with their underage children, that they can hide sexual abuse for 20 YEARS.....then something is very wrong. Same thing for those Gymnasts...and their multi year abuse.... and others that were in the News last year....

What I'm trying to say is that I think something is very hidden in the Cult of Scientology..... Something never talked about.... Probably many things never talked about..... Hopefully someday....a big story will break.

And thanks to EXSCN2....for bringing what light it does to the scene...

HelluvaHoax!

Curious about what y'all think of your first glimpse into the 336-page book. :coolwink:
I like reading about the cult's secrets, both small and large.

At the same time, I'm curious if the book will lead the reader on a guided tour inside the ancient haunted gothic church of Scientology's super-secret underground chambers--where the skeletal remains of both saints and sinners can be viewed up close.

As Lee mentions above, the subject of Travolta's swirling gay scandals was touched upon, but no real dirt was slung in that excerpt. Mike also tells an anecdote about Michael Jackson. Wonder if (as a "handler") Mike's book will reveal the truth behind the hurricane of lurid stories about Jackson's pedophilia--or just lightly and ambiguously referencing the scandals with no further insights.

It is probably a profoundly weighty decision to author such a book and decide what ghastly details to expose and when to avoid digging up old graves. The question would necessarily involve the "falling domino" effects and impact on the living and the survivors. For example, revelations about Travolta's private sexual life (and any confidential "settlements", payments and coverups) might be devastating to not only the actor personally but to to his surviving children and perhaps even the relatives of his departed wife Kelly.

There is an eerily similar dynamic involved in the Jackson matter as well. Any revelations Rinder might be capable of making about sexual perversities/crimes could have tragic impact on Lisa Marie Presley, who is already dealing with an overwhelmingly devastating loss of her son by suicide. And there could be a list of many Scientologists (past and present) who must have known a lot of details about Jackson's civil and criminal problems and the hush-hush legal settlements and multi-million dollar payouts made (per rumor) to keep a lid on the sexual abuse of minors.

One can perhaps understand if Mike elected to avoid harming survivors of those scandals who might already have suffered terribly already. While it would make fascinating reading, Mike also has to live with any decisions he makes wherein selling more books is given priority over dropping nuclear bombs that would not only hit their targets but also cause serious collateral damage and radioactive suffering to the not-so-guilty.

The above two (2) examples are particularly significant in 2022 as they very directly relate to another outrageous sexual scandal that is going to trial next month. Danny Masterson's serial rape (criminal) trial has virtually identical elements of sexual abuse, Scientology coverups, hush money, secret settlements, fair gaming of victims/whistleblowers and an untold number of cult black ops to obstruct justice and keep the predator free to continue attacking victims with their serial sexual abuses.

Life is a complex thing and seldom just black and white. I myself confess that I have knowledge of one or more devastatingly horrific stories that could harm the cult of Scientology but elected to not post about it on ESMB or elsewhere because it would have caused great suffering to some (both in and out of Scientology) that have already been damaged and tortured enough from their association with that sociopathically wicked cult.

Sure, i would have really loved to reveal "everything" I know, but there is a human factor in this too. I would also greatly enjoy it if Mike could reveal every salacious and incriminating detail he knows about "everyone" too. In a perfect world, Scientology should be destroyed "by any means possible"—but if one makes that choice without any regard to who else gets hurt, wouldn't that mean that the whistleblower was still behaving fanatically to "make it go right" " just like the sadistically deranged Scientologists?

Even if his new book has portions where he has elected to be discrete, I hope Mike's book is a big success. I greatly appreciate all the risks and personal perils he suffered to leave the cult and expose all that he has brought to light in his blogs, interviews, podcasts and Emmy award winning series "THE AFTERMATH".

Who knows? Maybe if his book doesn't explicitly spew every salacious detail, there might be a second book later on that is inspired to do so based on the success of the first.

Pepin

For clarification....

I have no idea what the Sea Org thinks of Mike Rinder. ( But obviously.....not very highly and Declared SP. )

Personally I just don't like any Sea Org members....nor most SO Exs.....because they "ran the show." Whether wittingly or unwittingly....they ran things......at all levels. To be honest...I am very bitter.....and have a lot of hate. Perhaps you remember those vids I posted of myself protesting at Flag and sceaming at the police and SO there....( several years ago...and i took them down. )

What little I know of Rinder.....as he states he ran OSA......then he would have been in the loop, IMO, of me getting kicked out of Scien. I think some teenager SO thought I was a CIA plant or something.... ( after 27 years in ) And an "operation" was run on me......including killing my dog.

He seems very mealy mouthed to me..... And for a guy reputed to be so far up....and so much in the loop.....he hasn't really let loose with any real information as to the behind the scenes operations....as far as I can tell.

But to be honest....I don't keep up with much that is written or videos about the SO...or Cult.

I can see he has positioned himself as the "go to guy" for the inside scoop about the Cult........ for the Mass Media....?

Perhaps for the benefit of the doubt......his is a measured disclosure of information....following some game plan...?

What is his back story? I am sure he didn't just step into the position of Head of OSA Int ?

What did he do in Scientology to get into that position? Was he in the GO?
I never saw him at the GO, 8th floor of The Manor.
They were all weird

lotus

Gone away from madness!
I had never been interested in the Celeb gossips; also this exerpt did not revealed any interesting facts to me.
As Lee mentioned, to reveal what " we dug dirt" means in what was done , would have been more of interest to me. What OSA was doing to muzzle the press, media, people, defectors is what I would like to know.

Hopefully , the rest of the book is more explicit in the narrative of OSA "fair gaming" and "handling" situations.

😉