Finally free!

FreeNow

I didn't get to know him well as he was just around for a few days. When I was auditing someone on Book I and got stuck on something he came over and told me how to handle it. That was the extent of my interaction with him. But I was very new in Scn at the time and impressed with him because he was a Class 8 auditor.
Carter was actually the most human of them all, and was always kind....maybe because he was an auditor and not involved in the Reg side of things (like I was).

Irayam

I was a staff member from 1994-2007, and it took me many years to get to where I am now, feeling free and happy, no longer traumatized or experiencing much PTSD form those days. In 2016 I did an interview with Tony Ortega and I'm pretty sure I was declared after that or perhaps sooner, who knows. Yesterday I recorded a podcast interview about my time in Scn & what it took to leave, the ramifications, and what my life was like after, and now. It will air in Nov. My hope is that it will help even one person to leave. I can finally talk about it! So that got me thinking that there must be a place for exes to congregate, and here I am. Just hoping to meet some others who've been through what I've been through, as I don't know anyone else who has. Anyway, I'm here now, and thanks for reading!
:welcome:
Good job!

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I gotcha. That makes sense, since I left on good terms at the time, and only later spoke out in the interview....it's not like they're gonna mail e the declare order LOL! Good for you for raising hell!
They got skittish about giving people their declare orders after the Internet really got going. People could post a picture of their declare and critique it or mock it.

There was also typically some pretty libelous and defamatory stuff in many declares -- not something you want the declared person's lawyer calling up about. So they went from giving you a copy, to just showing you a copy, to (now) just having some non staff member spreading the word around that you were declared.

I dont know what my current status is. They never told me I was declared, but none of my former Scn friends is talking to me.

Fortunately, my job is such that I was very firmly embedded in the non-Scn world. I never told any non-Scn coworker or friend about being in Scn, even during the time I was doing OT levels. The MAA was annoyed with me, calling me a "closet Scientologist", but after my negative experiences disseminating during my first couple of years, I just stopped.

FreeNow

They got skittish about giving people their declare orders after the Internet really got going. People could post a picture of their declare and critique it or mock it.

There was also typically some pretty libelous and defamatory stuff in many declares -- not something you want the declared person's lawyer calling up about. So they went from giving you a copy, to just showing you a copy, to (now) just having some non staff member spreading the word around that you were declared.

I dont know what my current status is. They never told me I was declared, but none of my former Scn friends is talking to me.

Fortunately, my job is such that I was very firmly embedded in the non-Scn world. I never told any non-Scn coworker or friend about being in Scn, even during the time I was doing OT levels. The MAA was annoyed with me, calling me a "closet Scientologist", but after my negative experiences disseminating during my first couple of years, I just stopped.
That is so good about your job, and very smart of you to not disseminate. And that makes sense about them not sharing the delcares. I just wish I could somehow see mine!

Enthetan

Yeah, that's more extreme than what I had when I was on staff in California. But it is less extreme than the SO at the continental management level. There we would rarely get full 8 hours of sleep. Going to sleep at 1 AM only to wake up at 6 AM - that was not unusual.
In my time on Org staff, the HAS would demand we stay after closing for all-hands cleaning. I referenced policy to her about not keeping Foundation staff late because they had day jobs and needed sleep, pointed to the Org Board, told her to recruit and post some cleaners in the Estates dept, and walked out the door.

As it was, I had an interesting schedule. Get up at 6am, get to work by 8, get off work, grab food, get to the Org by 6, get off at 10, get to bed by 11 (hopefully). After a while, lack of sleep made me grumpy.

I get ... unpleasant... when I'm grumpy and sleepy.

Enthetan

One thing that made my Scn experience survivable (and in the downside, resulted in me staying longer) was that early on I set limits on Scn. Limits on what I would spend on service, and limits on how much of my life I would give.

Irayam

Hello FN :)),

In your interview on Tony's website, you say: « Mostly I just feel really stupid for sticking around so long. »
In my opinion, whether we stayed two months or thirty years, all exes make the same reflection.
What is important is to be free again.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
As it was, I had an interesting schedule. Get up at 6am, get to work by 8, get off work, grab food, get to the Org by 6, get off at 10, get to bed by 11 (hopefully). After a while, lack of sleep made me grumpy.

I get ... unpleasant... when I'm grumpy and sleepy.
I think you just described the experience of most of staff and probably all of the SO:
Tired, sleepy and always in a rush to get stuff done ASAP but trying to keep the 'spirit of play' and being tone 40 all the time.

Produced a lot of stressed & mad people. Grumpy is putting it very lightly. Its like the old CMO joke:

- CMO come in two varieties, which one do you prefer?
- Dunno, what are these two varieties?
- 'Hopping mad' and 'Howling mad'.

FreeNow

I think you just described the experience of most of staff and probably all of the SO:
Tired, sleepy and always in a rush to get stuff done ASAP but trying to keep the 'spirit of play' and being tone 40 all the time.

Produced a lot of stressed & mad people. Grumpy is putting it very lightly. Its like the old CMO joke:

- CMO come in two varieties, which one do you prefer?
- Dunno, what are these two varieties?
- 'Hopping mad' and 'Howling mad'.
Sooooo true!!! The whole philosophy was we’ll sleep when we’re dead 🤣

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Mr. Coffee is your friend.
That is until you've been sleeping 4 hours daily for several months straight.
Then Mr. coffee is NOT your friend anymore.

At that point, you are much better off going for some glucose, preferably in a quickly digestible form. Like diluted in water.

Talk about being a worker bee in an SO hive-mind...

TheSneakster

In my time on Org staff, the HAS would demand we stay after closing for all-hands cleaning. I referenced policy to her about not keeping Foundation staff late because they had day jobs and needed sleep, pointed to the Org Board, told her to recruit and post some cleaners in the Estates dept, and walked out the door.
Very Well Done, Sir or Madam!!!

Seriously, I mean it!! :D

freethinker

Controversial
Geez, a thread without pitchfork's and has a happy ending, I like it.