Experiences using Self Analysis book

Zertel

I was auditing a middle aged man on self analysis. The question was "Recall a time when someone had just given you something." He started waving his hands in the air saying, "No! No! No!" He was in an incident when he had been dumped off at an orphanage as a child and someone was trying to give him an ice cream cone to calm him down.

I don't recall going "earliest time" but I was out in 1982.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
You wonder why the scilons pay impressive amounts of cash for auditing, when Hubturd told them how to do it much cheaper themselves? - Hmm.. Ah, I get it! - Scientology is a regular scam of course, so 'Self Auditing' is not meant to have the scilons do it themselves. Rather it's meant to fail, so as to make them pay impressive amounts of cash for auditing.
:hmm:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I tried out the first lists on a friend in a covert attempt to get him interested in Scientology. He liked it a lot. I think he liked it because it got him thinking about things from his childhood that he had long stopped thinking about, pleasant things.

I also audited someone on the HQS course and the same thing happened.

I later used the book on myself and delved into it in a big way, not just the first couple of lists. All it did was make me fidget or fall asleep. I used the end of the session list to "audit" out the uncomfortable "fidgets" and found that it was pretty much useless. I never gave up my faith in the book or Scientology until much later. Even when I left the cult I still believed in Scientology and the power of "Self Analysis".

The book was a total waste of time, just like Scientology.