Ex-Scientologist Research for School

Riddick

I clap to no man
I know that for me, there was a point where I thought a registrar or auditor knew something that I wanted to know. I went from not really knowing if there was truly something good about scientology to trying to make more money in order to pay for it after taking a couple intro courses and getting about 100 hours of intro "life repair" auditing. That didn't stick, then I goofed around a few years and didn't do any further services until I did the purification rundown.

Whatever they fed me in the intro sessions didn't fully get into my skull.

It took being on course, reading ksw 1, getting a few events into my system, before I shut off my alertness.

The next thing I knew, I was looking at the doubt formula, and interpreting that as the "proof" that the most survival thing one could do was to join staff.

Then I spent the next seven years enduring all sorts of stupidity. No money, long hours, permission being required to live my own life outside of my post.

It's doubtful that anyone can quantify accurately or study fully the effect scn has on mortals.
well, that's why I say it's the rhetoric, getting auditing doesn't do it alone, you have to read or listen to hubbard's words which persuade one to continue.

The whole purpose of the PTS tech handling is to weed out those that won't be persuaded, for anybody PTS is a potential trouble

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
well, that's why I say it's the rhetoric, getting auditing doesn't do it alone, you have to read or listen to hubbard's words which persuade one to continue.

The whole purpose of the PTS tech handling is to weed out those that won't be persuaded, for anybody PTS is a potential trouble
In my opinion:

1. For example, in SCN lower level auditing, a PC will get a brain endorphin effect (or maybe production of other neuro-transmitters) by going down memories of a particular AESP as ordered by a C/S. This does not require any SCN rhetoric for this to happen.

2. It can be a mixture of true memories and false memories.

3. For the PC to believe that they are going up "The Bridge"? Yes! That requires the pseudo-science rhetoric of Scientology.

When you mention rhetoric I partially agree with you. It is a mixture of both.

Last edited:

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
I always hated the expression "up the Bridge," because you don't move up a bridge, you move across it. But they wanted the "up" in there so you'd have the idea of moving from a lower to a higher level. I used to say "up the Grade Chart" because I found that less offensive.

The Bridge is really more of a hamster wheel. Since the claimed results of clear and OT are never actually achieved, there's always something that has to be repaired or redone. So you have people who are supposedly OT being told they aren't really clear and needing more dns, or needing to redo the Purif for the second or third time, or redo the Student Hat, or do basic books courses and reread books they've already read several times.

Instead of moving up, they're actually just walking on an endless treadmill. This goes on until they wake up from their trance and step off, or fall off and die.

Last edited:

Dotey OT

Re-Membered

I agree. I am pretty new in being out, at least in comparison to most on this board.

At first I thought I was drugged or hypnotized. Just kidding, but it felt that way.

Then I went through a period of "How stupid was I??"

Then I went through the "read everything that I can possibly find" period, and started to see all the traps.

I can say that some of the processes are hypnotic, and that there is something to be gained (by the auditor, reg, etc.) in having give over control, as in auditing.

But KSW1, and events, these two things are real traps. Tons of kool-aid to be swilled in these two.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I always hated the expression "up the Bridge," because you don't move up a bridge, you move across it. But they wanted the "up" in there so you'd have the idea of moving from a lower to a higher level. I used to say "up the Grade Chart" because I found that less offensive.

The Bridge is really more of a hamster wheel. Since the claimed results of clear and OT are never actually achieved, there's always something that has to be repaired or redone. So you have people who are supposedly OT being told they aren't really clear and needing more dns, or needing to redo the Purif for the second or third time, or redo the Student Hat, or do basic books courses and reread books they've already read several times.

Instead of moving up, they're actually just walking on an endless treadmill. This goes on until they wake up from their trance and step off, or fall off and die.
interesting to note that the grade chart was originally called the "Classification Gradation And Awareness Of Levels And Certificates".

Here is a pdf:

Later on it turned into The Bridge To total Freedom plus the Classification Gradation And Awareness Of Levels And Certificates. Here is the Bridge to total freedom chart from scientology website:

Somewhere along the way DM and his lawyers changed it.

But, you have to look at the column for ability gained on both charts That's the rhetoric without proof. Both charts are an appeal to logic, rhetoric, namely logos. But only words not actual proof, but it seems so scientific.

One can use Ctrl + to zoom in, and Ctrl - to zoom out on ones keyboard to read documents.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I agree. I am pretty new in being out, at least in comparison to most on this board.

At first I thought I was drugged or hypnotized. Just kidding, but it felt that way.

Then I went through a period of "How stupid was I??"

Then I went through the "read everything that I can possibly find" period, and started to see all the traps.

I can say that some of the processes are hypnotic, and that there is something to be gained (by the auditor, reg, etc.) in having give over control, as in auditing.

But KSW1, and events, these two things are real traps. Tons of kool-aid to be swilled in these two.
KSW1 was Hubbard's greatest rhetoric speech, only in written form, second is his My Purpose. More than likely a actual speech known as RJ 67.

I'm happy to research that people are teaching about rhetoric:

The thing is, rhetoric can be used for good or bad.

And here is the other thing, upon Hubbard's death, he did not leave a rhetoric speech. The only rhetoric speech was from DM at the death event where he said LRH left the body causatively. Here again we have no proof but just words.