Ex-Scientologist Research for School

atuss

Hello!

My name is Ayra and I am doing a school project with some other students on Scientology and ex-Scientologists. We wanted to have a chat with you about Scientology and how you got involved. Our goal for this project is to understand the aspects of scientology and the member activities. We would love if we could hear your perspective on the following questions:

• In Layman's terms, how would you explain Scientology?
  • How did you decide to join Scientology?
  • Do scientologists have certain diction they use when communicating with one another? In other words, are there certain words that if you heard another person say you would think “This person is a scientologist!”
  • Are there specific sub-cultures within Scientology? We know there are those that work closely with the higher-ups, but are certain members in scientology divided by certain aspects?
  • Can you talk a bit about your experience with dianetics and auditing? What was the benefit in doing auditing? Was this required?
  • What was the final force that made you leave Scientology? Was it difficult?
  • How has this discussion board brought you peace with your decision to leave?
  • How did Scientology impact the people around you?
  • Do you think scientology is beneficial for some people?
Feel free to answer all, some, or none of these questions! Whatever you are most comfortable with. Thank you so much for your time, we really appreciate it!

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
Hi Ayra and Welcome.
May I request a “Quid quo pro” ?
Is there any chance you can answer some questions we have for you?
I will answer your first question
if you agree.

Dark

basic psychotherapy regression therapy, assertiveness training, active meditation techniques.

constantly indoctrinated as something new. constantly indoctrinated as created by Ronald Hubbard.

heavy coercion techniques as with other cult organizations, including forced separation from existing friends and family members that may seek to save the inductee from the grip of the cult.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
<snip>
  • Do scientologists have certain diction they use when communicating with one another? In other words, are there certain words that if you heard another person say you would think “This person is a scientologist!”
<snip>
Yes. Here are a few examples:

A long time ago I was in a restaurant and heard a young lady using some of the Scientologese.
I asked her if she was a Scientologist and she said "Yes".

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hello!

My name is Ayra and I am doing a school project with some other students on Scientology and ex-Scientologists. We wanted to have a chat with you about Scientology and how you got involved. Our goal for this project is to understand the aspects of scientology and the member activities. We would love if we could hear your perspective on the following questions:

• Are there specific sub-cultures within Scientology? We know there are those that work closely with the higher-ups, but are certain members in scientology divided by certain aspects?
  • Can you talk a bit about your experience with dianetics and auditing? What was the benefit in doing auditing? Was this required?
Feel free to answer all, some, or none of these questions! Whatever you are most comfortable with. Thank you so much for your time, we really appreciate it!
I would say it is one mans attempt to create a person known as homo novus (clear) and later operating thetan (OT).

I did not decide to join Scientology, I was persuaded to be a scientologists.

yes, there are certain words another scientologist uses that would indicate they are a scientologist. Words would be ARCX, wog, withhold, present time problem, upset, potential trouble source, suppressive person, etc. All these words can be found in the technical dictionary and admin dictionary. But a ex scientologist using those terms or words is only saying they know about it to communicate to one leaving.

yes, it basically breaks down to this. First there is public, somebody new, then there is the new person doing courses and auditing, then there is that person who is doing courses and auditing and then maybe him/her doing joining staff. It's a bit of a mish mash.

It could break down to this:

public, then staff at a mission or class 5 org, then Sea Org, then middle management in the Sea Org, then upper management in the Sea Org.

It's not actually a sub culture, but a hierarchy.

BTW, LR Hubbard was the High Priest.

Dark

they have their own dictionary. print it out, hang it on a wall ... throw a dart.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Hello!

I did 500 hours of dianetics auditing, it did not make me a clear. There was no benefit in that since I did not become "clear".

Yes, it is required to do auditing.

The final force that made me leave scientology was that there were no "clears" or "OTs". The difficult part was getting others close to me to leave. that was extremely difficult, it's a ongoing problem, hence why I post here as well as others.

This discussion board has not you might say brought me peace, I already found my peace which is is the state of clear or OT do not exist, It's a pipe dream created by Hubbard.

Having gone through it, nope, not really. the whole purpose of dianetics and scientology is to go "Clear" and then "OT".

Nobody in Dianetics or Scientology is Clear or OT, nor returned from past life.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
Initially, I left active involvement in Scientology because I got tired of living in staff poverty. (I went back to college.)
But I still believed in that pseudoscience for several years. It was still major pieces of my worldview.

It can take a lot of time/thought/reading/study to reform those major pieces of one's worldview.
Some people never do this and become independent Scientologists.
(It's somewhat similar to protestant christians rejecting the Roman Catholic church ages ago but they still have their Bible.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A bit of interesting info to read:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

ANSWER: It is a technology to make ordinary humans into supernaturally magical Gods who can create miracles on demand. It gives you immortality for only a million dollars, which is a phenomenal baragain because the payments can be amortized over eternity, which calculates out to less than 1 penny per century. Even though the technology does not do any single thing it claims, this is not a problem because you still get priceless status within other Scientologists, who often gives you standing ovations, admiration particles and the occasional lapel pin. 98% of all Scientologists eventually figure out it is a cruel hoax and leave the cult. Once you have successfully escaped, the wins start from Scientology actually expand; because you don't have to pay ANYTHING then for continuing to imagine that you are flying around the universe without your body, levitating objects or pulling the air cover off a planet. That last one you should only imagine if someone really annoys you by, let's say, criticizing you for using Ron's tech all the time. That happened to me the other evening when I was having a dinner party at my home one of my guests started nattering that I called a muster of everyone so I could do roll-call. That makes no sense to me, how else would I identify the late-shows that would need ethics handling?

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
  • In Layman's terms, how would you explain Scientology? In simple laymen terms, Scientology is a religious cult where once you check in, it is designed, to never let you check out until you are broke and broken or learned the TRUTH ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY and are willing to tell others, at which time, Scientology and Scientologists will discard you without sorrow after labeling you a derogatory Scientololgical term and manufacture sordid crimes they will tell other members you committed. This is to punish you via shunning. It also keeps members in the cult and from learning the truth about Scientology. FYI - This will help you understand how cults work. Please - do some research for yourself. How Cults Work – CULTWATCH

• Scientology is a system of mind control techniques designed to trap you via deception, fraud and manipulation in order to get not only ALL of your money and time, but that of your friends and family - all designed to trap everyone in the cult of Scientology to run the day to day operations for no pay and brings in millions and millions each year to the leader and dictator, David Miscavige, who beats and abuses the slave labor workers.
  • WATCH THESE VIDEOS:
  • Right before I left, I witnessed a few people from a family get involved over a few years. They obtained nothing but levels of confusion and were manipulated out of $550,000 within the first three years of their involvement.
  • Scientology presents itself as a Church however, it is a cleverly disguised "for profit" Tax Exempt non-profit where the leader enjoys all of the benefits of money and power at the expense and exploitation of the followers. Scientology commits crimes daily and hides behind the religious cloak. Scientology does not answer to the laws of the land. Propaganda is put together via Scientology to repeat and repeat over and over and over how great Scientology is and how one will obtain super powers if they do Scientology. Then a slow process of changing the identity of the members via the books, lectures and "services" to become a died-in-the-wool Scientologist, a cult member, who will leave their family and friends to defend the cult and can't leave or they believe they are doomed for eternity. The cult will get people either all alone and broke in order to control them, or they will trap entire families who run the small little "Orgs" for free while they rake in millions for the leader. These "Orgs" are sprinkled around the planet but sit empty and vacant except for a small handful of cult members keeping it going.
  • Services called "auditing and training" are sold to members for unbelievable amounts of money. Money is collected up front because members are told "their reactive minds won't want them to get better" and "Scientology works".
  • The unsuspecting church goer has no idea Scientology is going to do irrepable harm to them and they walk in "trusting" that they are safe in a church. Little do they know that the legal contracts Scientology has been using for 65 plus years, and one has to sign all 65 pages, after the money is collected but before the service starts, were put together with the sleaziest, most devious and evil legal minds on this planet. The contracts bind you, gag you and prevent you from getting out of Scientology and /or getting your money back that was required to be put on account UPFRONT so your "reactive mind" does not stop you from having and doing Scientology.
  • A Scientologist will spend decades if not their entire lives going up the Bridge to Total Freedom only to reach a state of arrogance, confusion and delusion. Many die trying. Most go broke. Scientology sells the " State of Clear " and "Operating Thetan" which are Scientology labels for supposedly reaching levels of super powers. FACT: There has never been one Clear or Operating Thetan in 65 plus years of Scientology that displayed anything but delusions of grandeur.
Black Box Warning: Scientology contains Hubbard's Law of Commotion and doing Scientology will create levels of confusion never obtained by man before. Hubbard's Law of Commotion: (coined by HelluvaHoax!) is essentially for every piece of information (called Scientology Technology) Scientology / L Ron Hubbard gives you - promising Super Powers, there is an equal and opposite reason why Scientology does not or will not work.

This important fact took decades of our life and hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, to have this realization.
You owe us one. ;)

"Scientology disables the able"
Gaslighting and Mind Control Disable Rational Thought: How to Resist

QUID QUO PRO

How old are you and what have you heard about Scientology and from what sources?

Last edited:

atuss

• In Layman's terms, how would you explain Scientology? In simple laymen terms, Scientology is a religious cult where once you check in, it is designed, to never let you check out until you are broke and broken or learned the TRUTH ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY and are willing to tell others, at which time, Scientology and Scientologists will discard you without sorrow after labeling you a derogatory Scientololgical term and manufacture sordid crimes they will tell other members you committed. This is to punish you via shunning. It also keeps members in the cult and from learning the truth about Scientology. FYI - This will help you understand how cults work. Please - do some research for yourself. How Cults Work – CULTWATCH

• Scientology is a system of mind control techniques designed to trap you via deception, fraud and manipulation in order to get not only ALL of your money and time, but that of your friends and family - all designed to trap everyone in the cult of Scientology to run the day to day operations for no pay and brings in millions and millions each year to the leader and dictator, David Miscavige, who beats and abuses the slave labor workers.
  • WATCH THESE VIDEOS:
  • Right before I left, I witnessed a few people from a family get involved over a few years. They obtained nothing but levels of confusion and were manipulated out of $550,000 within the first three years of their involvement.
  • Scientology presents itself as a Church however, it is a cleverly disguised "for profit" Tax Exempt non-profit where the leader enjoys all of the benefits of money and power at the expense and exploitation of the followers. Scientology commits crimes daily and hides behind the religious cloak. Scientology does not answer to the laws of the land. Propaganda is put together via Scientology to repeat and repeat over and over and over how great Scientology is and how one will obtain super powers if they do Scientology. Then a slow process of changing the identity of the members via the books, lectures and "services" to become a died-in-the-wool Scientologist, a cult member, who will leave their family and friends to defend the cult and can't leave or they believe they are doomed for eternity. The cult will get people either all alone and broke in order to control them, or they will trap entire families who run the small little "Orgs" for free while they rake in millions for the leader. These "Orgs" are sprinkled around the planet but sit empty and vacant except for a small handful of cult members keeping it going.
  • Services called "auditing and training" are sold to members for unbelievable amounts of money. Money is collected up front because members are told "their reactive minds won't want them to get better" and "Scientology works".
  • The unsuspecting church goer has no idea Scientology is going to do irrepable harm to them and they walk in "trusting" that they are safe in a church. Little do they know that the legal contracts Scientology has been using for 65 plus years, and one has to sign all 65 pages, after the money is collected but before the service starts, were put together with the sleaziest, most devious and evil legal minds on this planet. The contracts bind you, gag you and prevent you from getting out of Scientology and /or getting your money back that was required to be put on account UPFRONT so your "reactive mind" does not stop you from having and doing Scientology.
  • A Scientologist will spend decades if not their entire lives going up the Bridge to Total Freedom only to reach a state of arrogance, confusion and delusion. Many die trying. Most go broke. Scientology sells the " State of Clear " and "Operating Thetan" which are Scientology labels for supposedly reaching levels of super powers. FACT: There has never been one Clear or Operating Thetan in 65 plus years of Scientology that displayed anything but delusions of grandeur.
Black Box Warning: Scientology contains Hubbard's Law of Commotion and doing Scientology will create levels of confusion never obtained by man before. Hubbard's Law of Commotion: (coined by HelluvaHoax!) is essentially for every piece of information (called Scientology Technology) Scientology / L Ron Hubbard gives you - promising Super Powers, there is an equal and opposite reason why Scientology does not or will not work.

This important fact took decades of our life and hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, to have this realization.
You owe us one. ;)

"Scientology disables the able"
Gaslighting and Mind Control Disable Rational Thought: How to Resist

QUID QUO PRO

How old are you and what have you heard about Scientology and from what sources?
Thank you so much for your answer, we really appreciate it! I am 21. So far we have been using the scientology organizations website as a resource but also watching some of the popular documentaries such as “Going Clear” and the recent Leah Remini one!

Riddick

I clap to no man
Thank you so much for your answer, we really appreciate it! I am 21. So far we have been using the scientology organizations website as a resource but also watching some of the popular documentaries such as “Going Clear” and the recent Leah Remini one!
What is your conclusion so far? Or working ongoing hypothesis? In comparing the two.

I am about to turn 62 years old, next year in January.

Riddick

I clap to no man
If you have been using the scientology website, allow me to introduce you to the rhetoric of "Clear" per their own website:

"
WHAT IS DIANETICS?

L. Ron Hubbard discovered the single source of nightmares, unreasonable fears, upsets, insecurities and psychosomatic illness—the reactive mind. In his book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health he described the reactive mind in detail and laid out a simple, practical, easily taught technology to overcome it and reach the state of Clear. Dianetics is that technology.

The word Dianetics is derived from the Greek dia, meaning “through,” and nous, “mind or soul.” Dianetics is further defined as “what the soul is doing to the body.” When the mind adversely affects the body, it is described as a psychosomatic condition. Psycho refers to “mind or soul” and somatic refers to “body.” Thus, psychosomatic illnesses are physical illnesses caused by the soul. "

Riddick

I clap to no man
If you have been using the scientology website, allow me to introduce you to the rhetoric of "Clear" per their own website:

"
WHAT IS DIANETICS?

L. Ron Hubbard discovered the single source of nightmares, unreasonable fears, upsets, insecurities and psychosomatic illness—the reactive mind. In his book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health he described the reactive mind in detail and laid out a simple, practical, easily taught technology to overcome it and reach the state of Clear. Dianetics is that technology.

The word Dianetics is derived from the Greek dia, meaning “through,” and nous, “mind or soul.” Dianetics is further defined as “what the soul is doing to the body.” When the mind adversely affects the body, it is described as a psychosomatic condition. Psycho refers to “mind or soul” and somatic refers to “body.” Thus, psychosomatic illnesses are physical illnesses caused by the soul. "
like I said earlier, nobody has achieved the state of clear:

"L. Ron Hubbard discovered the single source of nightmares, unreasonable fears, upsets, insecurities and psychosomatic illness—the reactive mind. In his book Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health he described the reactive mind in detail and laid out a simple, practical, easily taught technology to overcome it and reach the state of Clear. Dianetics is that technology. "

Riddick

I clap to no man
your task should be now, investigate, has anybody gone "Clear". That is the question you should ask yourself as well as those with you in the project.

Riddick

I clap to no man