Ex Scientologist Interview Discourse Community

HelluvaHoax!

1.) When did you join this discussion board / For what purpose do you use this discussion board?
For info and fun.

2.) What's your opinion on Scientology?
In one word, HelluvaHoax!

3.) Would you consider this discussion board to be a discourse community?
Unable to differentiate between "discourse community", "discussion board" and "discussion group". Aren't they all just people who (for whatever reason) feel like talking about something?

4.) How has being apart of this discussion board affected you both positively and negatively?
(Just so you can correct it, this is the second time you misspelled "a part").
Positive part = I learned much and had fun and also enjoyed exploring/experiencing/exercising the fascinating world of creativity.
Negative part =
Since joining ESMB, the unconscionable delay-tactics big pharma has used to avoid sending my paychecks. (if you are unfamiliar with this message board and/or Scientology's gaslighting, that cult has for decades leveled the laughable charge against ex-scientologists and critics that the only reason they are "attacking" Hubbard's ingenious discoveries/technology is because they were "...being paid by big pharma")

5.) Have you experienced any conflicts with the discussion board (i.e. Undercover Scientologists, "trolls")? What are your opinions on these such conflicts?
There have been some trolls, but they are very poorly trained individuals who endlessly repeat a handful of lame gimmicks--and none have reached the state of OT (Operating Troll). Statistically 99% of them self-destruct, which is why members of ESMB are constantly on the hunt for and trying to recruit decent trolls that don't get shattered and blow so easily.

6.) What are your opinions on other members of the discussion board? Have they always been supportive and collaborative?
"Always"? No. Then again, if they always supported what everyone said, this wouldn't be a discussion group, it would be a cult. LOL.

7.) Are there any main goals for this forum ( i.e. to gain more supporters / to fight back against Scientology / to give people a voice)? Do you have any personal goals for this forum?
The forum has no main goals. Some people here might have individual goals.

8.) Is the majority of the vocabulary used on this discussion board derived from Scientology terms? Or have members created their own terms?
The only specialized vocabulary (other than referencing Scientology nomenclature) is the short-hand slang, rhetorical memes, abbreviations, "joking and degrading" or other satiric conventions that become popular. That would be true of any group of people who regularly participate in something (e.g. work, hobbies, sports, clubs, social groups, et al)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

PS. to the OG poster I would've gone with Foucault, but what do I know I'm just an Ex Sea Org member turned techie social scientist who's studied under Bruno Latour :bleh:
Interesting!

Actor–network theory (ANT) is a theoretical and methodological approach to social theory where everything in the social and natural worlds exists in constantly shifting networks of relationships. ... ANT holds that social forces do not exist in themselves, and therefore cannot be used to explain social phenomena.

I like! It begins to explain the seismic shifts in Western civilization over the past decade.

HelluvaHoax!

Considering the original poster has not replied since last year, he might not be seeing this, but it makes a nice thread to point other researchers too.

Until you pointed that out, I hadn't noticed that the thread was begun in 2020! I wonder why that poster suddenly left.

If Dr. Hubbard's theory is correct, it would have to be a misunderstood word which I suspect is the word "apart".
(okay, I know I am an evil spelling nazi and going to hell, so what? LOL)