ESMB is almost entitrely about the bad nowadays.

freethinker

Controversial
One reason participation on ESMB is declining.

Suggestions welcomed for what can be to reverse this.​
Why do you say it is declining? People have been regualarly signing up.

Type4_PTS

While what you wrote probably IS a contributing factor, back when Emma started the original ESMB there weren't a whole lot of options for people who wished to discuss anything about Scientology. Now there's a bunch of various blogs and Facebook groups for people who wish to post on.

And there are so many more publications on Scientology as well as documentaries, I bet that many newly out people focus their time and attention on going through that material as well as the many hundreds of hours of video from people like Karen#1, Chris Shelton, and others.

Veda

While what you wrote probably IS a contributing factor, back when Emma started the original ESMB there weren't a whole lot of options for people who wished to discuss anything about Scientology. Now there's a bunch of various blogs and Facebook groups for people who wish to post on.

And there are so many more publications on Scientology as well as documentaries, I bet that many newly out people focus their time and attention on going through that material as well as the many hundreds of hours of video from people like Karen#1, Chris Shelton, and others.
And none of them provide a complete picture of Scientology, which is necessary to fully inoculate a person.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
And none of them provide a complete picture of Scientology, which is necessary to fully inoculate a person.
For the millionth time, you can't 'fully inoculate' a person Veda ... you can try if you wish to but it is ultimately each individuals RIGHT to do whatever they like with their own lives. Sometimes the more you try and protect people the more they will respond by doing the exact opposite to whatever you suggest (especially the young).

Covid vaccinations are a good current example of that, some people will not be having them and that is that. Some make a lot of noise about it and others just quietly make a decision.

In homes for the elderly these days (where I live) the residents are given 'the right' to continue to do things that may (and probably will) damage their health ... like fall over due to trying to do things that they perhaps shouldn't be doing. Staff are also told they are not to try and catch anyone who is clearly about to go a cropper ... it sounds shocking but that's the way it is ... that does not mean anyone wants to see people being hurt or that they should encourage silly behaviour.

If, after reading and researching the net (including ESMB) a person bothers to announce that they are going to join the cofs, I would almost certainly say ... "off you go, have fun".

:)

Type4_PTS

Suggestions welcomed for what can be to reverse this.​
There is a treasure trove of material on the original ESMB. If there was ever the ability to merge ESMB with Redux I believe that that would help. That in itself would bring more people here IMO, and some of them, since they were already here would be more likely to post here. Some still go to ESMB to read the threads, but given that it is in archive mode, posting isn't an option.

I have no idea if merging the two forums is possible but that would be great if that could ever happen.

D

Deleted member 51

Veda, I think you’re right and we need more clever, upbeat topics. I don’t have that sort of creative impulse toward Scn anymore, in fact, I rarely even think about it these days. I come here cause this is my hangout and live conversation with friends sure beats television and the forum doesn’t sell our personal data to advertisers like Facebook does. It’s a safe space.

Social media everywhere is loaded with bad news. We all have been through a lot this past year and just want the insanity to end. Of course it affects us and this site.

To stimulate creative conversations, maybe we can start a few spinoff discussions like we had on the original ESMB? That way we don’t have to wait for a merge, cause I’m out of creative questions about Scn and already emptied my brain there.

D

Deleted member 51

For the millionth time, you can't 'fully inoculate' a person Veda ... you can try if you wish to but it is ultimately each individuals RIGHT to do whatever they like with their own lives. Sometimes the more you try and protect people the more they will respond by doing the exact opposite to whatever you suggest (especially the young).

Covid vaccinations are a good current example of that, some people will not be having them and that is that. Some make a lot of noise about it and others just quietly make a decision.

In homes for the elderly these days (where I live) the residents are given 'the right' to continue to do things that may (and probably will) damage their health ... like fall over due to trying to do things that they perhaps shouldn't be doing. Staff are also told they are not to try and catch anyone who is clearly about to go a cropper ... it sounds shocking but that's the way it is ... that does not mean anyone wants to see people being hurt or that they should encourage silly behaviour.

If, after reading and researching the net (including ESMB) a person bothers to announce that they are going to join the cofs, I would almost certainly say ... "off you go, have fun".

:)
After repeatedly lifting, moving, assisting, encouraging, sympathizing and doing everything in my power to help a woman who screamed at me and abused me for hours on end and blamed me for stopping her from walking when she was physically completely unable to walk and kept trying to fall on her face because she believed she could, I had enough and quit my job a few weeks ago and won’t ever go back. Oh I stayed to the end of my shift, don’t worry. Nobody gets hurt on my shift but enough is enough.

True story. There are limits to how much you can or should protect and help.

Last edited by a moderator:

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
The entire depths of the subject have been plumbed, the secrets revealed,
the mysteries solved, and the times have changed regarding scientology.

The good old days of "ex exploration and discovery" will never return in the
same way again. My opinion is here if you want to read it. Don't want
to appear like a broken record. I have no solution.

The times they are a-changin'.

I canceled DirecTV. Don't watch Hollywood movies or listen to modern music.
Don't watch professional sports anymore: NFL, NBA, MLB, Nascar. Don't read
newspapers or watch news networks. Don't have social media accounts. I did
not ruin these things, but they have been ruined for many people.

The times they are a-changin'.

I've moved on to many other activities and interests and have a full life,
as many other people have also done. Life goes on. We find new things.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Write a book. (A book few will buy since the audience is so super-infinitesimally-tiny.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Barile

Amen to you, Lisbeth. You made me smile. There is..... perhaps one little thing...

Anybody remember Fred Hanna from CCLA? A good friend and endlessly fascinating individual. When he left, he went back to school, Johns Hopkins. Got his degree in psychology, published, tenured etc. This kind of stuff Amazon.com: Therapy With Difficult Clients: Using the Precursors Model to Awaken Change (9781557987938): Hanna, Fred J., Ph.D.: Books

Last time I spoke to him on the phone, he left me rolling on the floor. The story he told me, was as follows...
"There was a meeting of parapsychologists held in Stockholm last year. The speaker, a member of the International Association of Parapsychologists, was lecturing on the topic of ghosts and direct contact. He asked the audience for a show of hands, "How many of you believe that ghosts inhabit the Earthly plane?" Almost a unanimous show of hands from the audience. He then asked, "How many of you have actually seen a ghost?" About 30 of the 150 people in the audience raised their hands. "Wow, that's pretty amazing." "Now, let me ask you this. Has anyone had sex with a ghost?" From the very back of the room, one hand, and the guy is hopping up and down, waving. "That's amazing sir,
you've experienced sex with a ghost. Can you tell us what happened?" He walked up to the microphone, somewhat sheepishly and said...
"Oh... I'm very sorry. I'm so embarrassed. I thought you said, sex with a goat."

Fred was indeed the MAA for a short while at CC. So you see, there are still some outliers in our history, probably more yet to be uncovered.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Veda, I think you’re right and we need more clever, upbeat topics. I don’t have that sort of creative impulse toward Scn anymore, in fact, I rarely even think about it these days. I come here cause this is my hangout and live conversation with friends sure beats television and the forum doesn’t sell our personal data to advertisers like Facebook does. It’s a safe space.

Social media everywhere is loaded with bad news. We all have been through a lot this past year and just want the insanity to end. Of course it affects us and this site.

To stimulate creative conversations, maybe we can start a few spinoff discussions like we had on the original ESMB? That way we don’t have to wait for a merge, cause I’m out of creative questions about Scn and already emptied my brain there.
I try to liven the mood with some stuff in the cartoon thread and by my regular red ink humor.

But the fact is that:
1. There's other "venues" like Mike's blog or C.Shelton's channel that do not link back to the forums and these places have a much larger "never-in" audience too.
2. Unlike what seemed to be the case with the original boards, very few independents come here. The atmosphere here is hostile to them, people tend to attack the person not the beliefs :/
3. Many people who were active as independens have either entirely stopped any scientology and left, or have just died and or aged.
4. Call me paranoid, but I do think CoS seems to scare people away from here as well as keeps the forum very low in google search.
5. Forums in general are less popular than they were just 5 years ago. Things like Tik Tok or Twitter took away some of the traffic it seems.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

"ESMB is almost entirely about the bad nowadays." -Veda

That admonition wins the "Ironic Sermon Of the Month" award, because--
the statement scolds ESMB posters to cease posting about
the bad--by posting how bad their posts are. LOL

Veda

"ESMB is almost entirely about the bad nowadays." -Veda

That admonition wins the "Ironic Sermon Of the Month" award, because--
the statement scolds ESMB posters to cease posting about
the bad--by posting how bad their posts are. LOL

There was no "sermon" or "scolding," nor was it asserted that ESMBR is "bad," or that anyone "cease posting about the bad."

An observation was made and suggestions welcomed.

I didn't ask for a mischaracterization, but thanks for yours anyway.

:scratch:

Veda

There is a treasure trove of material on the original ESMB. If there was ever the ability to merge ESMB with Redux I believe that that would help. That in itself would bring more people here IMO, and some of them, since they were already here would be more likely to post here. Some still go to ESMB to read the threads, but given that it is in archive mode, posting isn't an option.

I have no idea if merging the two forums is possible but that would be great if that could ever happen.

In lieu of merging the two forums, which seems unlikely, a prominently placed link to the ESMB archive - which now has a fully operational search function - would connect to two sites.

Veda

Thanks, Sheila, for the helpful feedback.

:fromme:

HelluvaHoax!

There was no "sermon" or "scolding," nor was it asserted that ESMBR is "bad," or that anyone "cease posting about the bad."

An observation was made and suggestions welcomed.

I didn't ask for a mischaracterization, but thanks for yours anyway.

:scratch:

Whatttttt?

If your thread is not about people failing to post enough "good" material about Scientology, then you need to try to explain what it's about without abstractions.

You have started quite a number of threads where you advised others how they need to post the "good parts" of Scientology when speaking to each other--and especially when trying to "handle" Indie Scientologists! Is this thread not the same continuing lecture series? If that is not what you are talking about, I am clueless what this thread is supposed to be about. LOL.

You have hit on that theme countless times where people were allegedly "driven off the board" because posters on the board (like me) don't talk about Scientology's "good parts". You've made it clear that under your theory, people cannot be handled properly unless posters follow your posting formula. You offer no proof, but you incessantly keep instructing others how to post like you do.

You named the thread: "ESMB is almost entirely about the bad nowadays." What is the big mystery?

MYSTERY SOLVED: The ex-Scientology message board is "almost entirely about the bad" because Scientology is "almost entirely bad".

/

Last edited:

Veda

Why do you say it is declining? People have been regualarly signing up.
I think ESMBR, as a (potentially) unique place, not subject to Internet oligarch overlords

and not too unfriendly towards those still under the influence of the cult and its founder

- and there are thousands of them out there with questions and doubts - still could help a lot of people.

freethinker

Controversial
Whatttttt?

If your thread is not about people failing to post enough "good" material about Scientology, then you need to try to explain what it's about without abstractions.

You have started quite a number of threads where you advised others how to be sure to post the "good parts" of Scientology when speaking to each other and--especially to Indie Scientologists! Is this thread not the same continuing lecture series? If that is not what you are talking about, I am clueless what this thread is supposed to be about. LOL. You have hit on that theme countless times where people were allegedly "driven off the board" because posters on the board (like me) don't talk about Scientology's "good parts". You've made it clear that under your theory, people cannot be handled properly unless they follow your posting formula. No proof, but you incessantly keep instructing others how to post like you do.

You named the thread: "ESMB is almost entirely about the bad nowadays." What is the big mystery?

MYSTERY SOLVED: The ex-Scientology message board is almost entirely about the bad because Scientology is almost entirely bad.

/
Well if you look below your post you will find that there is an internet oligarch among us. If someone knows who that is, let me know.