ESMB is almost entitrely about the bad nowadays.

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
I think ESMBR, as a (potentially) unique place, not subject to Internet oligarch overlords

and not too unfriendly towards those still under the influence of the cult and its founder

- and there are thousands of them out there with questions and doubts - still could help a lot of people.
I can't remember, was the above gif a parody of The Master (movie) or LRH on SNL?

Type4_PTS

<snip>

You named the thread: "ESMB is almost entirely about the bad nowadays." What is the big mystery?

MYSTERY SOLVED: The ex-Scientology message board is "almost entirely about the bad" because Scientology is "almost entirely bad".
While I would acknowledge that there is some "good stuff" in Scientology, some posters on ESMB and Redux, including myself at times, :coolwink:
haven't always appreciated hearing about the "good stuff" in Scientology. I will illustrate why by the use of an allegory.

mousetrap1.jpg

This mouse in the image above somehow found a way to eat this cheese on a regular basis without getting his neck snapped by the trap.

However, he was unable to understand why others treated him so harshly when he shared his "wins" about how wonderful his experiences were eating that cheese. But the others had friends and family who suffered a painful death from that very same trap and were in no mood to hear about how wonderful that cheese was.

Scientology was clearly constructed as a trap, designed to ensnare others with the use of fraudulent marketing methods. As created by Hubbard, Scientology is abusive and harmful and can lead others to act in a criminal fashion. If individuals wish to extract the cheese from the trap and use it I have no issue with it as long as they are not harming or in any way defrauding others. But I do take issue with people continuing to call it "Scientology" because it is not. If it no longer looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably not a duck! So much of Scientology would need to be altered to eliminate the harmful aspects why call it the same thing? If it is then promoted as "Scientology" and as a positive thing, some of the general public could easily get confused and get sucked into the evil twin as run by the CoS.

Back on the original ESMB there were times when there were more Indies on the board, and most I didn't have a problem with. They contributed in a positive way to the discussions there. But some would post success stories with the intention to recruit others into their brand of Scientology. And doing that on an Ex-Scientologist forum, where some members were damaged by Scientology, I did have a problem with that. I'd have a problem as well with people going to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and selling alcohol there.

I might have gone off on a slight tangent here. But my point, at least one of them, is that if people get attacked by posting about the "good stuff", others may be reacting the way they are because they might see it as promoting something that as a whole is pretty F***ing evil. Making someone desire the cheese could lead them down the same dark path that has ruined so many lives.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
IMO, if Scientology would be corrected in so many ways then it would no longer be Scientology anymore.

(Also, is the OP of this thread including the off-topic threads?)

Veda

While I would acknowledge that there is some "good stuff" in Scientology, some posters on ESMB and Redux, including myself at times, :coolwink:
haven't always appreciated hearing about the "good stuff" in Scientology. I will illustrate why by the use of an allegory.

View attachment 10773

This mouse in the image above somehow found a way to eat this cheese on a regular basis without getting his neck snapped by the trap.

However, he was unable to understand why others treated him so harshly when he shared his "wins" about how wonderful his experiences were eating that cheese. But the others had friends and family who suffered a painful death from that very same trap and were in no mood to hear about how wonderful that cheese was.

Scientology was clearly constructed as a trap, designed to ensnare others with the use of fraudulent marketing methods. As created by Hubbard, Scientology is abusive and harmful and can lead others to act in a criminal fashion. If individuals wish to extract the cheese from the trap and use it I have no issue with it as long as they are not harming or in any way defrauding others. But I do take issue with people continuing to call it "Scientology" because it is not. If it no longer looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably not a duck! So much of Scientology would need to be altered to eliminate the harmful aspects why call it the same thing? If it is then promoted as "Scientology" and as a positive thing, some of the general public could easily get confused and get sucked into the evil twin as run by the CoS.

Back on the original ESMB there were times when there were more Indies on the board, and most I didn't have a problem with. They contributed in a positive way to the discussions there. But some would post success stories with the intention to recruit others into their brand of Scientology. And doing that on an Ex-Scientologist forum, where some members were damaged by Scientology, I did have a problem with that. I'd have a problem as well with people going to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and selling alcohol there.

I might have gone off on a slight tangent here. But my point, at least one of them, is that if people get attacked by posting about the "good stuff", others may be reacting the way they are because they might see it as promoting something that as a whole is pretty F***ing evil. Making someone desire the cheese could lead them down the same dark path that has ruined so many lives.
Link to Cheese/trap thread reconstituted

="programmer_guy, post: 86363, member: 75"]
IMO, if Scientology would be corrected in so many ways then it would no longer be Scientology anymore.
Precisely. For example, subtracting Hubbard's 1955 Brainwashing Manual from Scientology would result in another subject that was no longer Scientology.

(Also, is the OP of this thread including the off-topic threads?)
No, nothing would be excluded. The idea is to include more views.

Type4_PTS

No, nothing would be excluded. The idea is to include more views.
You wrote in the "Cheese/trap" thread:
"Thoroughly describing Scientology is the most dangerous thing that can be done to Scientology"

Personally, I'm fine with including more views and thoroughly describing Scientology. It will IMO help break the spell that some are under when they do see the true nature of the subject. But, when you have Scientologists and Ex-Scientologists together on the same forum that can be like trying to mix baking soda and vinegar. Those types of discussions often require much closer moderation otherwise they tend to move us towards World War III.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Fair enough.

Though perhaps the mice would be better off directing their frustration against the one setting out the traps, rather than taking it out on fellow mice? Just my 0.02$ with this metaphor.

HelluvaHoax!

CRUSADER
ESMB is doomed and we will not be able to save souls if we
do not have more diversity of thought and talk more
about the good parts of Scientology.

BOARD MEMBER
I don't necessarily agree with you.

CRUSADER
That is so wrong!

BOARD MEMBER
I thought you said you want diversity of thought.

CRUSADER

But I do want diversity of thought--just
not your style of diversity of thought
that disagrees with me.

Last edited:

Barile

CRUSADER
ESMB is doomed and we will not be able to save souls if we
do not have more diversity of thought and talk more
about the good parts of Scientology.

BOARD MEMBER
I don't necessarily agree with you.

CRUSADER
That is so wrong!

BOARD MEMBER
I thought you said you want diversity of thought.

CRUSADER

But I do want diversity of thought--just
not your style of diversity of thought
that disagrees with me.

"I approve this message." -- anonymous

HelluvaHoax!

Write a book. (A book few will buy since the audience is so super-infinitesimally-tiny.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
An LDH reference on tiny audiences:

"That is why I encourage truth seekers to join the Church of Hoaxology!
We are extremely proud to announce that this week our verified
enrollments has exceeded 10 million members! This is why the
COS membership has fallen to only 20K stragglers. We like to r-factor
new prospective members that they should not hesitate to join us.
Because, even if our tech doesn't work, you can still have a super
rich lifestyle by regging and FSMing our 10M blinkless believers!"

- L. Don Hubbard

The_Fixer

One reason participation on ESMB is declining.

Suggestions welcomed for what can be to reverse this.​
It may also be coincidental with many more people focusing upon things like the pandemic, politics, BLM and LGBT agendas at the moment.

Maybe once everyone gets bored with all that and no further earth shattering events occur, people may start returning to their other go to items.

Human interests are fairly fluid.

Riddick

I clap to no man
best interview ever, at the 1 hour 49 minute mark. Where's the the clear let alone OT: