Episode 48: Listener Questions 6

Karen#1

Excerpt:

The next episode of Listener Questions. As always, we cover a lot of ground, though not nearly all the questions you have submitted. This time we try our best to answer questions about how many scientologists are left, why scientology is so “white,” should scientology celebrities be boycotted, the front groups of scientology, Applied Scholastics schools, Degraded Beings, Dilettantes and more. It’s a lot of stuff!

And here are some documents and resources to go alo0ng with the answers.~~~READ MORE

Karakorum

I just listened to it.

On one hand, I didn't like the fact that they just chose the "softball" questions. Stuff about Sea Org ranks and navy stuff etc. I again wish they would actually answer the hardball stuff people asked.

On the other hand, its hard not to find the show cute and the two of them relatable.

Mike mentioned that he's paranoid about people and that he has a problem trusting people because of what he calls a "hardened criminal" mindset. Heh, and there was me thinking its my unique personal problem. :hysterical:

And Leah mentions how she sometimes makes these "Look I made dinner! Look I made some lasagna!" posts, and people go: "Yeah that's normal life stuff, what's the big deal?"
I do that sort of crazy stuff all the time. I remember getting a driver's license, cooking my own food... big things for someone who spent most of my life inside. People don't get that and its cute seeing how Leah does.

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . . they just chose the "softball" questions.
Thanks! You saved me an hour. It's actually sort of a People Magazine podcast for the mostly uninitiated
public. And there's nothing wrong with that. I like something deeper with multiple bombshells per hour.

Bill Franks would deliver those in his interviews. I remember moments where the interviewer would
stop dead cold in his tracks . . . speechless. That was fun!

Different strokes for different folks, that's all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karakorum

Thanks! You saved me an hour.
Glad to return the favor. I think you did the same thing for me with one of the previous question episodes. Maybe we should split reponsibilities - I listen to the even number question podcasts, you the odd ones. Call me if they say anything about Julian or about operation Humber. :D

It's actually sort of a People Magazine podcast for the mostly uninitiated
public. And there's nothing wrong with that. I like something deeper with multiple bombshells per hour.
The "questions" podcasts are a bit like that.

I wouldn't say all their podcast episodes were like that though. Some of the interviews, especially the early ones were much better than I expected. The recent one with Jeff Augustine was decent as well, though mostly that was Jeff's good work.

Also as for it being just for the "uninitiated public"... I'm gonna push back against that a little bit. As you all know, I can lecture people about inv all fucking day long if need be.

But in episode 9, the interview with Steve Cannane, Steve taught me something I did not know about inv. Yes, there's some chaff for them wogs ... I mean some basic level info for the never-ins. But there are interesting tidbits too.

See? There I go defending Mike&Leah's podcast. And people claim I never say anything good about Mike... :D

Last edited: