Episode 13: Listener Questions Part 1

Harold#1

A VERY STABLE SUPER GENIUS!!
In this episode Valerie Haney tells Leah that Scientology instructs Sea Org members who to vote for and that they told them to vote for Trump. Leah says per Valerie they are given about ten minutes to fill out their ballots and are observed while they do so. Mike Rinder says "this isn't surprising for two reasons". Before he can get to the second reason Leah interrupts him and moves the conversation on to another topic.

Any thoughts on why Trump is so popular with Scientology?

Karen#1

In this episode Valerie Haney tells Leah that Scientology instructs Sea Org members who to vote for and that they told them to vote for Trump. Leah says per Valerie they are given about ten minutes to fill out their ballots and are observed while they do so. Mike Rinder says "this isn't surprising for two reasons". Before he can get to the second reason Leah interrupts him and moves the conversation on to another topic.
<snip>
In my day, the cult never wanted to be OBVIOUS in commanding and ordering staff to vote a certain way.
In fact co-erced voter persuasion is against the law.
I exited the cult in 2010.
In my Sea Org years, we would receive issues in our comm baskets.
The issue would state something like

Joe Schmoe favors psychiatric funding and recently voted YES on a bill for $21 Billion for psychiatric mental health.

Everyone knew to vote for his opponent.

Last edited: