Episode 11: “The Vow’s” Mark Vicente

Karen#1

EXCERPT from blog:
We have an amazing episode of Fair Game podcast this week, speaking to Mark Vicente. If you have not been watching The Vow on HBO I highly recommend it.

It is the story of Keith Raniere and the NXIVM cult, told from the perspective of a number of former senior people in Raniere’s organization, including Mark.

We had a terrific conversation with him about the similarities between NXIVM and scientology — and there are MANY. We also talked about patterns of high control organizations and the larger picture.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Another good podcast.

Also, while I knew Leah's story this is one of the very few times that I'm aware of that Leah is describing her headspace when she was inside. Especially timestamp 52.10- 52.52

"And I thought I was saving the organization. I thought one day there there'd be a big medal for me. I'm gonna fix it! I'm gonna fix it because there are some things here that are workable".

I think this statement from Leah for me was powerful, because it struck very close to home. That was my headspace for quite some time: "I'm gonna fix it". Its bizarre that at some point we were both thinking that Dave is the problem.
Of course Leah being the by-the-book person wrote a report on him and Tom. I, being the skip-the-book person that I am, I was just thinking a good coup would do the job.