ENFORCED, MANDATORY, COMPULSORY in the Sea Org

Karen#1

One of the more degrading punishments in the Sea Org was assignment to "PIGS BERTHING."

I believe there was a Flag Order on this, anyway it was official policy and a way for seniors to punish juniors.

The punishment was that you were not permitted to return to your bed , but had to sleep in windowless room with a filthy mattress, no ventilation next to others also assigned to PIGS berthing.

It was good to hear Jenna Miscavige discuss this on National TV. The NY Post summarized some of her stories.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
<snip>The punishment was that you were not permitted to return to your bed , but had to sleep in windowless room with a filthy mattress, no ventilation next to others also assigned to PIGS berthing. <snip>
Hey, I spent several years going through this punishment. But we did not call it "pigs berthing", we had a different name for it.

We called it: "living in the Anthony building" :eyeroll:

Last edited:

Cat_Daddy

I am an Ex Anon Karen, I teared up with your story of loosing your son, I am a nasty and crude guy with sins through the roof, but I will never forget your story, I could at my age be your son even. I will never ever appoligize for my behavior but to Ex Scientologists I will if I cross a line of decency :
Bonfire of the Vanities Be Decent People :

Last edited:

Karen#1

ENFORCED MANDATORY. COMPULSORY ~~ again

When Miscaviges stays on the Freewinds he does scuba diving trips.

He even has a a Sea Org member dedicated to keeping his scuba diving gear in pristine condition.
The SO member signed a *Religious* commitment for *religious* actions, believing in a *religious* movement and this is life on Freewinds...

All crew were ordered to watch the slide shows of Miscavige photography from the excursions and activities he took/did with Cruise+Cruz the previous day, particularly the diving photos, and on the days the crew weren't made to watch his slide shows he had them watch the recently released movies he had had brought on board for himself and seen.

This was not optional, crew were pulled off post in the evening or afternoon, causing them to have to return to post after and have to stay up hours extra, all while surviving on only a couple or a few hours of sleep and suffering severe sleep deprivation, all for the privilege of seeing Miscavige's escapades.

It was common that crew would fall asleep while watching, which was personally incredibly dangerous as Miscavige could be watching the crew's reaction from the projector room at any given time, and would have landed the offender in the engine room as lower conditions as a minimal punishment.

Engine room punishment was excruciating. Less oxygen, miserable cleaning of metals in the bowels of the ship hour after hour, I personally know of several Ex SO members that would go unconscious in the Engine room.

The pretended *MASTERS* of pain and unconsciousness actually CREATE such in their own Sea Org members.

slide.show.jpg

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
<snip>
All crew were ordered to watch the slide shows of Miscavige photography from the excursions and activities he took/did with Cruise+Cruz the previous day, particularly the diving photos, and on the days the crew weren't made to watch his slide shows he had them watch the recently released movies he had had brought on board for himself and seen.

This was not optional, crew were pulled off post in the evening or afternoon, causing them to have to return to post after and have to stay up hours extra, all while surviving on only a couple or a few hours of sleep and suffering severe sleep deprivation, all for the privilege of seeing Miscavige's escapades.

<snip>
And this is why I defected from Scientology. Now in the big world, whenever my company's CEO sends some pointless notice or useless feel-good-message, I can just delete the email and get back to doing real work. Something that I'd never be able to do at my post at the FOLO.