Eckankar

Chuck J.

Election Fraud Has Consequences
Sounds like a real cool time. I just may have to frantically start chanting again. I just can't wait for my spirit guides to show me the way. Every day. (Framptonology)
As far as I know they don't do the Spirit Guide thing or chanting.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

As far as I know they don't do the Spirit Guide thing or chanting.
I don't know either. I don't think I want to know in a way. I only know what I posted in those previous posting on this thread. I do know what Paul Twitchell wrote about that though in his book, "Eckankar" and he spent a few pages writing about the different ways to astral travel. It is possible that the chanting he wrote about in his book was just filler. I don't know. It was just an intro book just like "Dianetics" and I know that Dianetics seems to have very little to do with a Scientologist's daily life. Perhaps the Eckankar book has little to do with what Eck people are really doing as well.

His book is right up there with "How to Win at Roulette". There is just so much wrong with it on every page. It is the work of a liar and a fraud. I wish I still had a copy of it. You would get a laugh out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eckankar has some "secret knowledge" for the more long timers who spent the money and time on this cult. In the "Moonie Cult" it turns out that you learn that the Reverend Moon was and is actually God. Which God? You know the answer to that -- the real God of the Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and everyone else.

For some reason I have an interest in other cults like Eckankar or the Moonies. I like to look into it from a distance. There is no way I would go into their "church" to look around. It wouldn't help me or accomplish anything. I sort of know what to expect since I was in a cult before. They would be very suspicious of me.

Next time I post here it will probably be because I found something of interest on the web, I guess.

Cat's Squirrel

I remember pre Scientology reading Lobsang Rampa, another liar who made a good living writing books that one would usually find in the psychic/spiritual section of your local bookstore. The difference being that he didn't even try to start a cult. He just wanted to be left alone. I remember him writing about astral travelling and how to do it. You are supposed to lie down and close you eyes and imagine leaving your body, connected only to your body by an astral cord.

According to Lobbie, imagination is the key to all of this. No shit. You are supposed to lie to yourself and even though you know you are lying to yourself, sooner or later something is going to happen. In the meantime, enjoy your time lying to yourself even if you do know you are lying to yourself.

Around that same time I did pick up a book on Eckankar by Paul Twitchell and read up on the many ways to astral travel. If one don't work, try this.

One method was exactly the same as Lobsang Rampa's. I don't even know where this astral travelling stuff comes from in the first place. Is this supposed to be common knowledge somewhere? I have no idea what the established religions such as Hinduism, or Buddhism has to say about this kind of thing. But the astral cord, sometimes golden, and sometimes silver, and sometimes astral coloured; seems to be a common thing.
I used to be a big fan of T. Lobsang Rampa and had most of his books. I too tried astral travelling but couldn't get it to work.

I think the question of whether or not you think he was a liar would most likely depend on whether or not you accept, or can accept, the main plank of his story - that he was a Tibetan lama who had taken over the body of an English plumber called Cyril Henry Hoskin, what we would now call a "walk-in", although Rampa had a different word for it (transmigration).

My own answer to that is, I don't know; but to me he just didn't say what I'd expect someone who was a liar would say. For example, he would nearly always advise people who had grown up in a religion, such as Christianity, to stick to that instead of becoming Buddhists when they wrote to him asking for his advice.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

One thing I really liked about Rampa's works was an answer he gave in "Candlelight" on the question of what happened when you had finished incarnating on this Earth world; "graduated" from the Earth plane in other words.

According to him, one of the options was that you could move on to a world where, instead of life being based on the carbon molecule as it is here, life was based on the silicon molecule instead and everyone learned by kindness instead of hardship as they do here.

Sounds good to me!

Chuck J.

I don't know either. I don't think I want to know in a way. I only know what I posted in those previous posting on this thread. I do know what Paul Twitchell wrote about that though in his book, "Eckankar" and he spent a few pages writing about the different ways to astral travel. It is possible that the chanting he wrote about in his book was just filler. I don't know. It was just an intro book just like "Dianetics" and I know that Dianetics seems to have very little to do with a Scientologist's daily life. Perhaps the Eckankar book has little to do with what Eck people are really doing as well.

His book is right up there with "How to Win at Roulette". There is just so much wrong with it on every page. It is the work of a liar and a fraud. I wish I still had a copy of it. You would get a laugh out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eckankar has some "secret knowledge" for the more long timers who spent the money and time on this cult. In the "Moonie Cult" it turns out that you learn that the Reverend Moon was and is actually God. Which God? You know the answer to that -- the real God of the Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and everyone else.

For some reason I have an interest in other cults like Eckankar or the Moonies. I like to look into it from a distance. There is no way I would go into their "church" to look around. It wouldn't help me or accomplish anything. I sort of know what to expect since I was in a cult before. They would be very suspicious of me.

Next time I post here it will probably be because I found something of interest on the web, I guess.
I can't find that chart I spoke of. It's very interesting, I'm guessing the insider knowledge has to do with that.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I used to be a big fan of T. Lobsang Rampa and had most of his books. I too tried astral travelling but couldn't get it to work.

I think the question of whether or not you think he was a liar would most likely depend on whether or not you accept, or can accept, the main plank of his story - that he was a Tibetan lama who had taken over the body of an English plumber called Cyril Henry Hoskin, what we would now call a "walk-in", although Rampa had a different word for it (transmigration).

My own answer to that is, I don't know; but to me he just didn't say what I'd expect someone who was a liar would say. For example, he would nearly always advise people who had grown up in a religion, such as Christianity, to stick to that instead of becoming Buddhists when they wrote to him asking for his advice.
If there ever is a bio pic made about him they should get Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull to play him.

Cat's Squirrel

If there ever is a bio pic made about him they should get Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull to play him.
Interesting you should say that, because Anderson was a big fan of Rampa at one point and I was told he even dedicated a song to him on his 1978 live album "Live - Bursting Out." Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath (who played with Tull at one point) was also a fan.

Chuck J.

bcd71308ff33ccdacdb5051dfb6bcaca.jpg

People talk about the Astral plane but I've never seen a chart of "where it is" before. So did Hubbard go to the Causal plane and see the Akashic Records with his nitrous-oxide dental operation in 1938?

I've read of the Etheric realms before also, well, here is where they're at, supposedly. From all the hoo-ha about the Etheric, it's still on the negative side of the.... whatever you call it.

Hubbard never really went into this subject except to say every thetan can create a Universe. But he did talk about something relating to this chart (in my opinion), in that early PDC (#5?) lecture for a minute or two.

I'm not up on the Robert Monroe nomenclature enough to compare it to this chart.

Also, the Buddhists have a chart that has 31 levels.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

No one wants to comment on the chart above? Veda? Sheesh, I wanted to have a metaphysical discussion.:cry:
I got into trouble at my org for saying that we leave the body during sleep and that dreams are our experiences in the astral planes. I still believe this but it isn't what Ron Hubbard said, which of course is what everybody goes by in the CofS.

From what I've read elsewhere (not Rampa but I can't remember the reference), if you wake up in the morning feeling really energised, vital and enthusiastic to to start the day and for no obvious reason, the chances are it's because you went beyond the astral and onto / into the causal plane during sleep. I've had this experience myself though only very occasionally.

Last edited:

Chuck J.

I got into trouble at my org for saying that we leave the body during sleep and that dreams are our experiences in the astral planes. I still believe this but it isn't what Ron Hubbard said, which of course is what everybody goes by in the CofS.

From what I've read elsewhere (not Rampa but I can't remember the reference), if you wake up in the morning feeling really energised, vital and enthusiastic to to start the day and for no obvious reason, the chances are it's because you went beyond the astral and onto / into the causal plane during sleep. I've had this experience myself though only very occasionally.
I've experienced that as well.

I do remember the tinkling bells. Beautiful. I've never experienced what Hubbard supposedly did with the Akashic Records, at least not on a large scale anyway. Mostly just a big slice of Deja Vu sometimes.

The problem with these travels is remembering it. I can immediately after I wake up but five minutes later I can't. Unless I make a very definite effort, like write it down. But by then it's faded and I only get a tiny bit of it which doesn't reflect the intensity of it. Mind and body in an "awake" state demanding attention probably interfere's. We live in a dense strata.

One thing about Eck (as members call it) - is the Saints or travelers... I forget the word they use to describe them, Viragi(?) These are people not bound by time or space who show up sometimes to help people. I know of a guy who I think had an encounter with one of them. Now this guy knows NOTHING about Eck - but his description of the man fits EXACTLY the description of one of the Eck Viragi. Which I think is very interesting.

Helena Handbasket

Leave the body during sleep? I heard that so many times. I have no reality on it but I'm not dismissing it either.

Let's just say I'd like to know something more about it.

Helena

Chuck J.

I often fly to other planets while I'm sleeping.
Which planet is that? Pelosi 666?

I heard it's like that episode of Star Trek where Captain Kirk and Spock go to that planet were everything is like 1920's Chicago when Al Capone and the mob controlled the city.

Scary.

download.png

Xenu Xenu Xenu

View attachment 12713

People talk about the Astral plane but I've never seen a chart of "where it is" before. So did Hubbard go to the Causal plane and see the Akashic Records with his nitrous-oxide dental operation in 1938?

I've read of the Etheric realms before also, well, here is where they're at, supposedly. From all the hoo-ha about the Etheric, it's still on the negative side of the.... whatever you call it.

Hubbard never really went into this subject except to say every thetan can create a Universe. But he did talk about something relating to this chart (in my opinion), in that early PDC (#5?) lecture for a minute or two.

I'm not up on the Robert Monroe nomenclature enough to compare it to this chart.

Also, the Buddhists have a chart that has 31 levels.

Thanks for the chart, mainly because of the name at the top: SUGMAD

That was the name I was trying to remember. In the Twitchell book, one of the methods to astral travel was to chant the name "SUGMAD" over and over until the spirit or spirits appear and show you the way to astral travel. I tried it only once and it did not work. I was just an impatient person back then.

I can well believe that it would work if you did it long enough and actually wanted it to work. How long? Perhaps years but the idea is to do it until something happens. It is called hallucinations or maybe self brainwashing.

I haven't done any more internet searches on the subject of Eck but I know it will be waiting there for me when I get curious enough again.

Interesting is the fact that I couldn't find any memes, jokes, or cartoons about Eckankar. Contrast that with Scientology. That is most likely because they are so small and off the radar. I can't help thinking that it is also because they just never got as hardcore crazy or as harmful as Scientology. In a way, they get sort of a pass from me but I have no illusions the potential for harm is always there because it is a cult, so far they seem not as abusive as Scientology. I could be very wrong about that though.

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Off the topic of Eck but I find it interesting that Avatar is bigger than Scientology.

Chuck J.

Thanks for the chart, mainly because of the name at the top: SUGMAD

That was the name I was trying to remember. In the Twitchell book, one of the methods to astral travel was to chant the name "SUGMAD" over and over until the spirit or spirits appear and show you the way to astral travel. I tried it only once and it did not work. I was just an impatient person back then.

I can well believe that it would work if you did it long enough and actually wanted it to work. How long? Perhaps years but the idea is to do it until something happens. It is called hallucinations or maybe self brainwashing.

I haven't done any more internet searches on the subject of Eck but I know it will be waiting there for me when I get curious enough again.

Interesting is the fact that I couldn't find any memes, jokes, or cartoons about Eckankar. Contrast that with Scientology. That is most likely because they are so small and off the radar. I can't help thinking that it is also because they just never got as hardcore crazy or as harmful as Scientology. In a way, they get sort of a pass from me but I have no illusions the potential for harm is always there because it is a cult, so far they seem not as abusive as Scientology. I could be very wrong about that though.
OK, I've been looking at the Eck website. Apparently they do chant.... of a sort. They say Hu or Yew or whatever. It's pronounced Hugh. (They have a 20 minute video of this on their site) This is supposed to lead you to or atune you to the light and sound of God. I tried it and something happened. It was sort of startling. I heard a music that "wasn't there" or shouldn't be there. I briefly tuned into it I guess. Really. I'm not joking. It was odd. In a good way.

Xenu Xenu Xenu

OK, I've been looking at the Eck website. Apparently they do chant.... of a sort. They say Hu or Yew or whatever. It's pronounced Hugh. (They have a 20 minute video of this on their site) This is supposed to lead you to or atune you to the light and sound of God. I tried it and something happened. It was sort of startling. I heard a music that "wasn't there" or shouldn't be there. I briefly tuned into it I guess. Really. I'm not joking. It was odd. In a good way.
Sounds interesting. You might also want to try doing more of it and see what happens. You could also go to used bookstores and look for used Eckankar books and really get into the books. It would be a way to check it out without organized official Eckankar" getting in the way and trying to recruit you. You could even mix practices without them calling you an apostate or something equally stupid. It might be interesting to try chanting after you smoked a joint or took some mushrooms. Again, you wouldn't have organized Eck getting in your face and hassling you to join or punishing you.

On the other hand:

1627363385435.png

Chuck J.

Sounds interesting. You might also want to try doing more of it and see what happens. You could also go to used bookstores and look for used Eckankar books and really get into the books. It would be a way to check it out without organized official Eckankar" getting in the way and trying to recruit you. You could even mix practices without them calling you an apostate or something equally stupid. It might be interesting to try chanting after you smoked a joint or took some mushrooms. Again, you wouldn't have organized Eck getting in your face and hassling you to join or punishing you.

On the other hand:

View attachment 12767
I'm not a joiner. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.