Drugs that enhance Scientology?

Veda

One of the big secrets of the 1950s and 1960s, and beyond, was the use of "consciousness expanding" drugs by mostly public - usually off lines, momentary inactive - Scientologists.

,These included marijuana - actually recommend by Hubbard in 1950 - and amphetamines,
also recommend by Hubbard.

Some Scientologists also experimented with Psilocybin (magic mushrooms), LSD, and Mescaline. In 1956, Hubbard described Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception (re. his experiences on Mescaline) as "a very good book." Incidentally, during 1950, Hubbard had audited Huxley and his wife on Dianetics.

Most of Scientology's early materials, which Scientologists regard with appreciative awe, were inspired during moments when Hubbard was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

Hubbard kept his drug use secret. Is it a coincidence that Hubbard's (auditing) "tech" outpourings largely ended when he was ill, in the early 1970s, and his drug/alcohol use was severely curtailed?

Was Williams Burroughs ahead of his time, when, after leaving Scientology, he wrote, during the early 1970s, that:

[There are] drugs of devastating potency. Drugs unknown to modern science. These drugs should be investigated and made available.

Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques. Let's set up a center where all these techniques can be pooled, and to challenge anyone who claims to have knowledge of inner space to come out and share what you have.

Let's explore inner space. Your inner space belongs to you. It is time to demand what is yours.

In Hubbard's Magic in Theory and Practice, recommended by Hubbard during the 1952 Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures, Crowley stated that Alice is,
"Valuable for anyone who understand the Kabbala."

Asked about it years later, and why it was on the Comm Course, Hubbard responded:

"Why Alice in Wonderland? Well, that's just because it is, no further significance,"

Hubbard was hiding something.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字

Helena Handbasket

I do know LRH did recommend amphetamine use with auditing (in DMSMH, before that was removed) -- presumably, that gave the mind better access to repressed memories. I also read he recommended "several cups of strong coffee"; that may have been a substitute for recommending amphetamines.

I'm currently getting auditing and am taking a low dose of a mild stimulant before each session just to be sure I get my money's worth (but don't tell her!)

The Purif vitamins, B3, B6, and C also give better access the repressed memories (just be sure you don't substitute niacinamide for the real B3).

I don't doubt he recommended marajuana but I don't see how that would help anything -- marajuana blocks memory and so would make it harder to audit a case. I do remember he suggested smoking rolled-up tea leaves because that's a good "stable datum" for recognizing it -- not because it would be of any use to a PC.

Psychedelics such as LSD have recently been demonstrated to have some positive effects in smaller doses https://www.amazon.com/Really-Good-ay-Microdosing-Difference/dp/1101973722/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1594458494&sr=1-1 . I am not a doctor, and I've never tried it, but supposedly you can relieve depression in one dose, then it's gone for good. LSD is illegal just about everywhere; but Portugal and The Czech Republic have "decriminalized" it to the point where you just pay a small fine.

I am, however learning more about brain chemistry. Oxytocin is a feelgood hormone secreted by the hypothalamus. It is produced in response to various Second Dynamic activities, which is part of the reason there are over 7.79 billion people in the world today. If you don't secrete enough oxytocin, or if you do but your cells don't utilize it (oxytocin resistance), you won't feel good no matter what you do. Perhaps psychedelics cure oxytocin resistance (but again, I am not a doctor and don't know for sure).

Helena

Dotey OT

Re-Membered
I know a guy that says he was Joe Winters in his past life. Seriously. He said that he had the overt(s) of administering a variety of drugs to PC's as an experiment to determine effectiveness. He said that this came up in sec checks. I can't invent stuff like this.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
I know a guy that says he was Joe Winters in his past life. Seriously. He said that he had the overt(s) of administering a variety of drugs to PC's as an experiment to determine effectiveness. He said that this came up in sec checks. I can't invent stuff like this.
Winter experimented with mixing CO2 therapy with dianetics. Apparently breathing a CO2-oxygen mixture "restimmed" negative emotions in inaccessible pc's. (I imagine it would since enough CO2 would make you feel like you're choking.)

Old timer Bob Ross talks about it here, from "Doctor Joe Winters and CO2 therapy" to the end.

IIRC, Winter also mentions it in his book "A Doctor Looks At Dianetics."

I don't recall him mentioning other drugs, but it wouldn't surprise me as they tried all sorts of things in the early days and "standard tech" was very far off.

I remember Hubbard on a tape (one of the tapes on the HSDC, probably) saying that in the early days "we used to shoot the pc's up with heroin and whizzo juice." I recall somebody else got star-rated on the tape and flunked when he couldn't define "whizzo juice."

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
I'm currently getting auditing and am taking a low dose of a mild stimulant before each session just to be sure I get my money's worth (but don't tell her!)
If you keep babbling on and on after the acks she'll get suspicious. Careful! MWH, MWH!

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard is always a good idea to have a withold from your auditor that can get missed. Then you can spend your time digging about trying to find it. How very clever of you.

Riddick

I clap to no man
One of the big secrets of the 1950s and 1960s, and beyond, was the use of "consciousness expanding" drugs by mostly public - usually off lines, momentary inactive - Scientologists.

,These included marijuana - actually recommend by Hubbard in 1950 - and amphetamines,
also recommend by Hubbard.

Some Scientologists also experimented with Psilocybin (magic mushrooms), LSD, and Mescaline. In 1956, Hubbard described Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception (re. his experiences on Mescaline) as "a very good book." Incidentally, during 1950, Hubbard had audited Huxley and his wife on Dianetics.

Most of Scientology's early materials, which Scientologists regard with appreciative awe, were inspired during moments when Hubbard was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

Hubbard kept his drug use secret. Is it a coincidence that Hubbard's (auditing) "tech" outpourings largely ended when he was ill, in the early 1970s, and his drug/alcohol use was severely curtailed?

Was Williams Burroughs ahead of his time, when, after leaving Scientology, he wrote, during the early 1970s, that:

[There are] drugs of devastating potency. Drugs unknown to modern science. These drugs should be investigated and made available.

Unimaginable extensions of awareness are now possible in terms of existing techniques. Let's set up a center where all these techniques can be pooled, and to challenge anyone who claims to have knowledge of inner space to come out and share what you have.

Let's explore inner space. Your inner space belongs to you. It is time to demand what is yours.

In Hubbard's Magic in Theory and Practice, recommended by Hubbard during the 1952 Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures, Crowley stated that Alice is,
"Valuable for anyone who understand the Kabbala."

Asked about it years later, and why it was on the Comm Course, Hubbard responded:

"Why Alice in Wonderland? Well, that's just because it is, no further significance,"

Hubbard was hiding something.

so what, doesn't matter, there are no clears or OT's. It's been 70 years,

Veda

I've heard is always a good idea to have a withold from your auditor that can get missed. Then you can spend your time digging about trying to find it. How very clever of you.
In 1958 Hubbard wrote that withholding was a positive ability.

Of course he changed his mind not long after.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Withholding is a positive ability and Hubbard never changed his mind about that.
Being in control of your own mind, thoughts, feelings (and money) is an even more positive ability and the way to do that is to not allow pseudo therapists and con men to get anywhere near in the first place.

:whistle:

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字

Veda

Withholding is a positive ability and Hubbard never changed his mind about that.
"Getting off withholds," and "pulling withholds" was going gangbusters by 1960. Then came Security Checking in 1961.

This is from a 1965 HCOB, presenting an example of pulling withholds:

"Mister, you've been wasting my time for three sessions. You have withholds. Give! ... Mister, you refuse once more to answer my questions and you're in for it. I've checked this meter... you've got withholds. Give!..."

The only person allowed to have withholds was Hubbard.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
When William Burroughs was receiving auditing at St Hill, he always began his day smoking marijuana. Burroughs regarded marijuana as not a drug , but as a mild psycho active substance on the order of a cup of coffee.
Have you got a reference on that, @Veda? It wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to see it in writing.

Veda

Have you got a reference on that, @Veda? It wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to see it in writing.
He wrote of this somewhere - perhaps, in his book Naked Scientology.

I heard it from the auditor - who I knew well, and is a reliable source - re. Burroughs' companion, with whom he had his morning smoke.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
He wrote of this somewhere - perhaps, in his book Naked Scientology.

I heard it from the auditor - who I knew well, and is a reliable source - re. Burroughs' companion, with whom he had his morning smoke.
And the auditor knew Burroughs and his companion were smoking dope before session and he just let it slide? And violated the auditor's code by auditing over drugs? Umm ..., I find that something of a stretch. :hmm: