No - of course not. my dream was to clear the planet OF Scientology
thanks to some powerful relentless, resilient SP’s, my dream is coming true
Scientology is now a SHELL operation
A Hollywood movie set
No one is going in
more people are coming out

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
No, I didn't abandon my dreams. Scn was a step on the way.

"We'll understand it better in the sweet by and by"
Scientology could potentially help you with your dreams if you donate enough money or have celebrity status Miscavige likes.

Karakorum

Humankind does not need saving or have "planetary morale" boosted. Just my opinion.

After leaving the SO, my dream was to one day have an office job and live a quiet normal life.

Mission accomplished years ago.

Last edited:

Veda

Humankind does not need saving or have "planetary morale" boosted. Just my opinion.

After leaving the SO, my dream was to one day have an office job and live a quiet normal life.

Mission accomplished years ago.
Don't worry, you're not going to be forcibly catapulted into deep space, but wouldn't it be nice if, for example, the population of Earth - by way of the amazing technology developed in the last hundred or so years - could watch as the warm water ocean of Jupiter's moon, Europa, was explored?

Karakorum

Don't worry, you're not going to be forcibly catapulted into deep space, but wouldn't it be nice if, for example, the population of Earth - by way of the amazing technology developed in the last hundred or so years - could watch as the warm water ocean of Jupiter's moon, Europa, was explored?

It would be cool, especially the moons of Jupiter.

But at this point, I think the research priorities should be different. We still haven't found reliable cures for most types of cancer. We know how to detect, but not prenatally correct most genetic disorders such as down syndrome. Last but not least: covid19 showed that we are not quick enough to create vaccines or cures for emerging contagious diseases.

So long story short: We should prioritize medicine over space travel. Let's get our own house in order before we decide to travel.

Riddick

I clap to no man

Humankind needs great goals and great projects, such as irrigating the Sahara, and exploring the solar system.

We need to look beyond the thin layer of habitable atmosphere, and regard the planets, moons, and asteroids, as our immediate environment.

This will boost planetary morale.
We are also looking at what we have, converting energy from the sun and wind instead of digging up the planet for oil looking for energy conversion.

HelluvaHoax!

So long story short: We should prioritize medicine over space travel. Let's get our own house in order before we decide to travel.
Your intentions are perhaps noble but you have entirely missed the point.

It's not a binary CHOICE between which is better---NASA space exploration technology OR medical technology. Both help improve the quality of life on earth and address health problems and extend life spans. Both are inter-related and mutually supportive.

You have undoubtedly never worked in the field of medical tech development, nor read anything about it. The election of nations to fund scientific development is like rainfall that waters, irrigates and gives life to countless technical advances in 100's of health-related industries.

When government gets behind advancing technology in any major endeavor (e.g. developing a nuclear weapon to end World War II, developing optics to see into outer space, et al) it triggers advances across virtually ALL unrelated areas of technology. We could cite hundreds of thousands of examples, but here are a couple:

- - In the 1500s numbers of engineers around the world tried to advance work in the field of optics and lenses in order to look further into the skies and hopefully one day into outer space. As an unintended and unsuspected result the MICROSCOPE was eventually engineered, which revealed one of the most shocking and major developments in medicine in recorded history, before and since. Suddenly the formerly invisible world of BACTERIA and viruses and microbes and atoms unfolded. The one lone discovery of bacteria saved billions of lives.​
- - During World War II countless government resources were dedicated to developing a nuclear weapon. Thousand of sub-technologies had to be mastered in order to drop two (2) bombs on Japan and end a World War. Nuclear power, electronics miniaturization, milling and mining and machining technologies, scanning technologies such as radar, x-ray, computers, microwaves, et al. These directly contributed to saving billions of lives in the "Third Agricultural Revolution" (aka "The Green Revolution") and irrigated the world and advanced crop yields and allowed the development of new fertilizers and high yield seeds---just to name a few. In short, people could be provided with WATER & FOOD, instead of starving to death or brutally perishing by exposure to nature's elements.​

The idea is not to STOP technology, but to ADVANCE technology in order to save lives and/or improve the quality of life. There is far more than enough money in a country like America, for example, to do both saving lives and advancing space exploration technology, simply by cutting out the trillions of dollars wasted on non-productive endeavors.

If you were to ever sit down with a intellectual property attorney or a patent office reviewer, they could explain to you how virtually ANY patent that is filed for a medical device or therapeutic pharmacological agent has many dozens, hundreds or thousands of various NON MEDICAL technologies (i.e. "inventions", "claims", et al) that it "sits on the shoulders of" and relies upon.

If anyone learns about the development of medical technology to save lives, they will immediately embrace and cherish the advances, technical breakthroughs and all the rich live-saving opportunities that were and are provided by NASA and innumerable other non-medtech industries that government provided funds or grants to.

What you are confused about is the idea that sending a man to the moon or an explorer vehicle to mars (and all such monumental projects) are FOCAL POINTS and the value is not just a photo opportunity to film someone walking on the moon. It is that focus and mandate which DRIVES TECHNICAL ADVANCES and creates massive new industries and reality-based values to helping provide food, shelter and health to humans. Said advances also fuels many echelons of other "life quality" achievements, such as a better military defense, which helps the 320 million Americans avoid the inconvenience of being murdered by a genocidal hostile foreign nation or radical terrorist religious military cult. Not being enslaved or worked to death in force labor/concentration camps tends to have health-related values.

Understandably, you are offering an amateur opinion about a very technical and sophisticated world which you haven't learned anything about. That's no crime, but if you ever decide to learn a bit about it (before offering expert opinions) you'll quickly see that HUMAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY depends on all of the other sciences, industries and technical developments that were from other fields. The advance of human medicine is just as intimately related to NASA (and related space industries) as medicine is related to entomology. Studying insects was not a waste of time...in 2016 alone malaria struck 216 million people. In human history it is estimated that between 5-10% of all humans died from malaria. If space exploration in the 16th century did not much later result in microscopes and the optical identification of the malaria parasite (carried by mosquitoes), pandemic death would have decimated the world's entire population to this day.

So, was it a "waste of money" to fund the "pointless" development of space-exploration telescopes and a "waste of money" classifying bugs in remote jungles? There is still time for you to edit your ill-informed post. Too bad you blocked the evil SP Helluvahoax---you could have learned something---rather than blissfully keep your blinders on, LOL.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Humankind needs great goals and great projects, such as irrigating the Sahara, and exploring the solar system.

We need to look beyond the thin layer of habitable atmosphere, and regard the planets, moons, and asteroids, as our immediate environment.

This will boost planetary morale.
Outstanding post! There is so much truth and power behind those 7 simple words: "Humankind needs great goals and great projects".

Mankind trying to ascend to visionary heights seems to bring more buoyancy, health, safety and joy to the world than any other thing I can think of.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
No, I didn't abandon my dreams. :)

I left staff poverty life to return to college and then become a software engineer.

However, I still believed in "the tech" for many years.
It took awhile for me to "peel off the onion layers", as some describe it.
Maybe better described as reforming major pieces in my worldview (analogy: jigsaw puzzle).

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

No, I didn't abandon my dreams. :) I left staff poverty life to return to college and then become a software engineer. However, I still believed in "the tech" for many years. It took awhile for me to "peel off the onion layers", as some describe it.
Maybe better described as reforming major pieces in my worldview (analogy: jigsaw puzzle).

JIGSAW-OLOGY

It would have been so much better, easier, cheaper and faster if the jigsaw puzzle sold
by Scientology came with the completed puzzle depicted on the box's COVER.
If that had been the case, it'd be a safe bet that the only few they would have
sold would have been purchased from the online website: masochist.com

The_Fixer

Your intentions are perhaps noble but you have entirely missed the point.

It's not a binary CHOICE between which is better---NASA space exploration technology OR medical technology. Both help improve the quality of life on earth and address health problems and extend life spans. Both are inter-related and mutually supportive.

You have undoubtedly never worked in the field of medical tech development, nor read anything about it. The election of nations to fund scientific development is like rainfall that waters, irrigates and gives life to countless technical advances in 100's of health-related industries.

When government gets behind advancing technology in any major endeavor (e.g. developing a nuclear weapon to end World War II, developing optics to see into outer space, et al) it triggers advances across virtually ALL unrelated areas of technology. We could cite hundreds of thousands of examples, but here are a couple:

- - In the 1500s numbers of engineers around the world tried to advance work in the field of optics and lenses in order to look further into the skies and hopefully one day into outer space. As an unintended and unsuspected result the MICROSCOPE was eventually engineered, which revealed one of the most shocking and major developments in medicine in recorded history, before and since. Suddenly the formerly invisible world of BACTERIA and viruses and microbes and atoms unfolded. The one lone discovery of bacteria saved billions of lives.​
- - During World War II countless government resources were dedicated to developing a nuclear weapon. Thousand of sub-technologies had to be mastered in order to drop two (2) bombs on Japan and end a World War. Nuclear power, electronics miniaturization, milling and mining and machining technologies, scanning technologies such as radar, x-ray, computers, microwaves, et al. These directly contributed to saving billions of lives in the "Third Agricultural Revolution" (aka "The Green Revolution") and irrigated the world and advanced crop yields and allowed the development of new fertilizers and high yield seeds---just to name a few. In short, people could be provided with WATER & FOOD, instead of starving to death or brutally perishing by exposure to nature's elements.​

The idea is not to STOP technology, but to ADVANCE technology in order to save lives and/or improve the quality of life. There is far more than enough money in a country like America, for example, to do both saving lives and advancing space exploration technology, simply by cutting out the trillions of dollars wasted on non-productive endeavors.

If you were to ever sit down with a intellectual property attorney or a patent office reviewer, they could explain to you how virtually ANY patent that is filed for a medical device or therapeutic pharmacological agent has many dozens, hundreds or thousands of various NON MEDICAL technologies (i.e. "inventions", "claims", et al) that it "sits on the shoulders of" and relies upon.

If anyone learns about the development of medical technology to save lives, they will immediately embrace and cherish the advances, technical breakthroughs and all the rich live-saving opportunities that were and are provided by NASA and innumerable other non-medtech industries that government provided funds or grants to.

What you are confused about is the idea that sending a man to the moon or an explorer vehicle to mars (and all such monumental projects) are FOCAL POINTS and the value is not just a photo opportunity to film someone walking on the moon. It is that focus and mandate which DRIVES TECHNICAL ADVANCES and creates massive new industries and reality-based values to helping provide food, shelter and health to humans. Said advances also fuels many echelons of other "life quality" achievements, such as a better military defense, which helps the 320 million Americans avoid the inconvenience of being murdered by a genocidal hostile foreign nation or radical terrorist religious military cult. Not being enslaved or worked to death in force labor/concentration camps tends to have health-related values.

Understandably, you are offering an amateur opinion about a very technical and sophisticated world which you haven't learned anything about. That's no crime, but if you ever decide to learn a bit about it (before offering expert opinions) you'll quickly see that HUMAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY depends on all of the other sciences, industries and technical developments that were from other fields. The advance of human medicine is just as intimately related to NASA (and related space industries) as medicine is related to entomology. Studying insects was not a waste of time...in 2016 alone malaria struck 216 million people. In human history it is estimated that between 5-10% of all humans died from malaria. If space exploration in the 16th century did not much later result in microscopes and the optical identification of the malaria parasite (carried by mosquitoes), pandemic death would have decimated the world's entire population to this day.

So, was it a "waste of money" to fund the "pointless" development of space-exploration telescopes and a "waste of money" classifying bugs in remote jungles? There is still time for you to edit your ill-informed post. Too bad you blocked the evil SP Helluvahoax---you could have learned something---rather than blissfully keep your blinders on, LOL.

Another everyday example would be the discovery of Teflon, which was an accidental discovery and is used in non stick cookware.