Did Mary Sue love her dog more than her children and grandkids?

I am not up to date about what happened in or around SCN. I recently learned that she wrote in her will that her kids can't get her house as long as her dog lives.

Couldn't she just write that one of her children or grandkids should give the dog the best life he can have?

Did the house stay empty for all years in which the dog lived there (a lonely life for a dog?) or did one of her children move into the house at least? And who took care of the dog? Someone must have fed him.

And if she hired help for all these years (almost two decade?), wasn't that expensive and took away from the inheritance that the children and grandchildren got at the end?

JustSheila

I am not up to date about what happened in or around SCN. I recently learned that she wrote in her will that her kids can't get her house as long as her dog lives.

Couldn't she just write that one of her children or grandkids should give the dog the best life he can have?

Did the house stay empty for all years in which the dog lived there (a lonely life for a dog?) or did one of her children move into the house at least? And who took care of the dog? Someone must have fed him.

And if she hired help for all these years (almost two decade?), wasn't that expensive and took away from the inheritance that the children and grandchildren got at the end?
Link, please? This doesn't make any sense.

On another thread, you mentioned Mary Sue living at one of the COS facilities. Did you change your mind and decide that she owned and lived in a house she owned instead?

I never heard or read anything about MSH leaving a house to a dog. This sounds made up by some unsavory individual who likes spreading malicious gossip.

Tony Ortega wrote about it in 2013. Mary Sue Hubbard’s Last Will Fulfilled: Her Dog Bereft of Life, It’s Time to Sell Her House!

JustSheila

For a well-known member, JustSheila, you are not good informed.
Perhaps not. Then again, at least my memory is better than yours. I'm glad to hear you now remember Tony's story and you already knew the answer to what you had asked. Here it is for you:

Mary Sue loved her children. How she fared at the end of her life (dementia, possibly) does not determine how she felt about them while she was raising them or afterward. Lots of elderly people don't think clearly in their final years.

Btw, the correct grammatical phrase is "well informed," not "good informed." :coolwink:

Harold#1

Her children owned her house for over 10 years after she died. It was probably a good investment for them thanks to the dog living so long. The house probably increased in value by a large amount during that time period. It's interesting that a Scientologist? named Neville Potter lived there until the dog died. Was he there per the wishes of Miscavige or the three children?, per Mary Sue's will?

Oat Tea Ate

I am thinking Mary Sue had LOVE audited out of her.
It has been my experience, Scientologists don't love.
If they were able to love, it is audited and trained out.
It is dangerous to love. Love is for namby pamby panty waist dilettantes.
No time for love when you are clearing bank accounts.

Oat Tea Ate

Her children owned her house for over 10 years after she died. It was probably a good investment for them thanks to the dog living so long. The house probably increased in value by a large amount during that time period. It's interesting that a Scientologist? named Neville Potter lived there until the dog died. Was he there per the wishes of Miscavige or the three children?, per Mary Sue's will?
I don't believe Mary Sue had any money nor did Hubbard's Family.
Scientology owned the house she lived in for the last years of her life. The dog stayed in that house after she died until the dog died.
David Miscavige got ALL of the money and has had control of the money ever since Hubbard died.

Harold#1

I don't believe Mary Sue had any money nor did Hubbard's Family.
Scientology owned the house she lived in for the last years of her life. The dog stayed in that house after she died until the dog died.
David Miscavige got ALL of the money and has had control of the money ever since Hubbard died.
What is your source for "Scientology owned the house she lived in for the last years of her life." "Miscavige got ALL of the money" from the sale of the house?

Tony Ortega wrote:

"She had been living at 2345 Chislehurst for years. Lawrence Wright, in his book Going Clear, says she was given the house by the church after her prison stay. After Mary Sue’s death, according to public records the house was passed to her children Diana, Suzette, and Arthur in a family trust, which was administered by a man named Neville Potter."

Last edited:

Oat Tea Ate

What is your source for "Scientology owned the house she lived in for the last years of her life." "Miscavige got ALL of the money" from the sale of the house?

Tony Ortega wrote:

"She had been living at 2345 Chislehurst for years. Lawrence Wright, in his book Going Clear, says she was given the house by the church after her prison stay. After Mary Sue’s death, according to public records the house was passed to her children Diana, Suzette, and Arthur in a family trust, which was administered by a man named Neville Potter."

Oh, that is right - Tsu became the owner of it after MS Hubbard dropped her body.
The way I look at it, in actuality, the people who were tricked out of their money (from Scientology) were the rightful owners of all property owned by Hubbard and his cult. It makes

Tony Ortega wrote:

I am source Harold. :bleh:
Don't get your panties in a bunch there Harold. My verbal tech is not going to stop planetary clearing. Use common sense.

Where on Xenu's bubbling Volcano did Mary Sue Hubbard get the money to buy a home like the one in Los Feliz ?
She had nothing. How would she pay the taxes and care for it?
THE CULT PAID FOR IT. PERIOD!

The truth is the cult cut a deal with that wench Hubbard loving wicked wretched Mary Sue Blubbard and gave her the eccleasastical boot out of the cult. She was persona non grata. She got silenced like they all do with our money. " What Your Donations Buy"

Do your homework.

Scientology paid for it.

Correction - WE paid for it.

Last edited:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Oh, that is right - Tsu became the owner of it after MS Hubbard dropped her body.
The way I look at it, in actuality, the people who were tricked out of their money (from Scientology) were the rightful owners of all property owned by Hubbard and his cult. It makes
Don't get your panties in a bunch there Harold. My verbal tech is not going to stop planetary clearing. Use common sense.

Where on Xenu's bubbling Volcano did Mary Sue Hubbard get the money to buy a home like the one in Los Feliz ?

The truth is the cult cut a deal with that wench Hubbard loving wicked wretched Mary Sue Blubbard and gave her the eccleasastical boot out of the cult. She was persona non grata. She got silenced like they all do with our money. " What Your Donations Buy"

Do your homework.

Scientology paid for it.

Showing results for ecclesiastical
Search instead for eccleasastical

cakemaker

It's always been such a puzzle that MSH, who had a reputation of being tough as nails, ended up a completely broken woman.

I suppose that it's a testament to Stockholm Syndrome and how far a person can be dismantled.

Harold#1

Do your homework.

Scientology paid for it.

I never said Scientology didn't pay for her house and the Tony Ortega quote I posted also implied Scientology paid for it and gave it to her after she got out of prison.

Last edited:

Oat Tea Ate

Oat Tea Ate

It's always been such a puzzle that MSH, who had a reputation of being tough as nails, ended up a completely broken woman.

I suppose that it's a testament to Stockholm Syndrome and how far a person can be dismantled.
Mary Sue was tough as nails as long as she was in good standing with her self made cult she helped build.
Then, like everyone including the founder, it turns on you.

Scientology will give you power and then take it all away. That is one of many problems with it.
It gives you problems you do not want as well.

The Bridge - Scientology gives you the hoops to jump through to obtain the delusional super powers and then in an instant, it can rip your power away via cancelling your cert.
That was one thing about the entire Bridge that made me question the validity of the powers one is to obtain....only as good as a Cert in Good Standing with the Cult. LOL
In other words, the power Scientology gives is only as good as the piece of paper that certificate is printed on.
Scientology can also deem you an evil 2% Hitler type in an instant. It can shatter your family over nothing.
It's a DANGEROUS CULT!