Did Hubbard "channel Scientology"?

HelluvaHoax!

And did his output dwindle when he was no longer an acceptable vehicle to the "muse" ?

Some regard the muse as a separate etheric being.

It's an interesting concept. But, based on what Hubbard was "channeling" it seems that the Muse perpetrated the same order of hoax on Hubbard as did Hubbard on others.

Because the very first "muse session" gave Ron fake snake oil to sell, called "engrams"

In my rather extensive experience with Scientology (during and after) I have never seen any slightest evidence that anyone ever received ANY of the benefits Hubbard was selling for running out engrams.

Honestly, in 2020, I don't think anyone in the entire world of Scientology even cares or gives 5 seconds of thought to PRE-NATAL ENGRAMS with hypnotically compelling WORDS known as "ENGRAMIC CONTENT". Those WORDS that so dominated all of life on earth, causing disease, suffering and wars!

Where did all those multitudes of diabolical "WORDS" go? LOL

Maybe they evolved into (R6) END WORDS and later still, MISUNDERSTOOD WORDS.

And ultimately LEGAL WORDS on the contracts you sign which make it clear that Scientology has no liability for charging fortunes and not delivering any result---and that you cannot get your money back.

"Say the word (Scientology) and you'll be free. . .
Say the word and be like me
(Ron) "

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Hubbard and the Empress
Alec Nevala-Lee

Fair Use Excerpt:
Even if we don’t take Burks’s account at face value, we can add it to our limited stock of information about Hubbard’s guardian spirit. Years later, in the secret autobiographical document known as the “Affirmations,” Hubbard provided a few other details, including her name:​
The most thrilling thing in your life is your love and consciousness of your Guardian. She materializes for you. You have no doubts of her. She is real. She is always with you. You love her very much. You trust her. You see and hear her. She is not your master. You have a mighty spiritual will of your own. She is an advisor and as such is respected by you. She is wise and worthy and never changes shape…She has copper red hair, long braids, a lovely Venusian face, a white gown belted with jade squares. She wears gold slippers. Thus you see her…Only Flavia Julia and then the All Powerful have opinions worth inclining toward.
From the Affirmations:
"You can do automatic writing whenever you wish. You do not care what comes​
out on the paper when your Guardian dictates."​
That's what the man thought. Maybe that was his secret "how I rose above the bank" bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:
Jim Dincalci, Hubbard's medical officer and personal aide (New York hideout '72-3)
"He wrote tremendously fast by hand," said Dincalci. "It was like automatic writing you get in the occult. He'd have a glazed look, as if he was kinda gone, his eyes would roll up and the corners of his mouth would turn down and he'd start this frenzied writing. I've never seen anyone write so fast."​

Last edited:

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
I believe this is the unacknowledged source of Hubbard's engram theory. Note the engramic phrase, restimulation and dramatization.

Veda

It's an interesting concept. But, based on what Hubbard was "channeling" it seems that the Muse perpetrated the same order of hoax on Hubbard as did Hubbard on others.

Because the very first "muse session" gave Ron fake snake oil to sell, called "engrams"

In my rather extensive experience with Scientology (during and after) I have never seen any slightest evidence that anyone ever received ANY of the benefits Hubbard was selling for running out engrams.

Honestly, in 2020, I don't think anyone in the entire world of Scientology even cares or gives 5 seconds of thought to PRE-NATAL ENGRAMS with hypnotically compelling WORDS known as "ENGRAMIC CONTENT". Those WORDS that so dominated all of life on earth, causing disease, suffering and wars!

Where did all those multitudes of diabolical "WORDS" go? LOL

Maybe they evolved into (R6) END WORDS and later still, MISUNDERSTOOD WORDS.

And ultimately LEGAL WORDS on the contracts you sign which make it clear that Scientology has no liability for charging fortunes and not delivering any result---and that you cannot get your money back.

"Say the word (Scientology) and you'll be free. . .
Say the word and be like me
(Ron) "

You're referring to Hubbard's 1950 version of Dianetics with its emphasis on words.

Words were the essential part of Hubbard's personal program of self-hypnosis which he briefly described in his 1946/1947 Affirmations, and which were also mentioned by his son, L. Ron Hubbard Junior, a.k.a. "Nibs," during a mid 1980s interview.

What are now usually called the Affirmations, according to Ron Jr., were occurring before the 1940s, going back to the 1930s. At the time - and for decades prior - Emile Coue's conscious auto suggestion was popular: "Everyday in every way I am getting better and better."

As was unconscious hypnosis or suggestion:

Typical 1940s-era magazine ad

Hubbard, with his sound-scriber, an early sound recorder which, originally, he had purchased to overcome writer's block, added his own twist to this practice, including his unusual list of desires (Such as "All men are your slaves.") and his use of drugs such as phenobarbital.

Hubbard's years long self-implanting with words, and his personal history of domestic violence and do-it-yourself abortions (Ref: Ron Jr.'s accounts, first wife Polly's 1951 letter to Sara Northrup during Sara's divorce from Hubbard which is part of the divorce record, Hubbard's cheerful advocacy of do-it-yourself abortion during a 1952 lecture - with a tall tale added about auditors coming to him to tell him about telekinetic abortions, which provided an explanation as to how he knew about such things.), plus his familiarity with early 20th century catharsis (abreaction) psycho-therapy, and his Darwin & Mussolini inspired SURVIVE! from his 1938 unpublished manuscript Excalibur, seemed to have been the pool of experience and inspiration for 1950 Dianetics, rather than something esoteric.

From 1952

By early 1952, Hubbard had lost Dianetics in bankruptcy court to a business partner he had swindled, and had created "the new science" of Scientology. One of his first books was titled What to Audit, eventually re-titled History of Man which began with, "This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years."

It's almost as though, in the years 1951 and 1952, Hubbard was testing - trying out - ideas and methods he would later formalize and institutionalize, such as Disconnection, Fair Game, SP Declares (Ref: Science of Survival: "Dispose of quietly and without sorrow," isolation of those judged to be low on the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation, etc.), and the invention of vast amounts of time (past and future) about which, somehow, only Hubbard knew, and to which only Hubbard owned the toll booths: "You endless agonized trillions" (paraphrase from 1965 KSW), plus the use of the e-meter as a suggestive device, by projecting images of the e-meter dial on a wall in 1951 (to an awed audience), which was later institutionalized and formalized in the Clearing Course booklet of the mid 1960s, used on both the Clearing Course and OT 2: "Never proceed past a non-reading item. To do so can be deadly." (In other words, create "charge" - mental tension - where there was none.), and "Many persons experience unreality at the start of [implant] ... running; this leaves when you see the meter reads."

These things seem, to me, to be of less sublime origin than (at least some) Hubbard output from 1953 through the 1950s. But that's just a feeling.

Hubbard's re-write of Aleister Crowley's Naples Arrangement with the 1952 The Factors, and his Axioms, and a few other things, seriously impressed some people. Hubbard was experimenting with Peyote in Phoenix, Arizona in 1953, in addition to his usual Gin or Rum and amphetamines. That would be part of the mix...

In any event, this goes on and on... but automatic writing, at times, from whatever source or for whatever reason, does appear to be part of the hodgepodge.

Postscript: For some reason, not letting me add links to two old ESMB threads re. hypnosis on this thread so I'll add them to a following post.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Perhaps he got rid of his guardian angel thinking it was a body thetan?

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't channel everything. He doesn't seem to have had much imagination on his own.

I don't really know what happens when you channel, but something does, stories pour out of your fingers into the keyboard, faces draw themselves. I presume you invent someone that you channel and then as long as you believe in it, it happens. As soon as you recognise the fact that there's no one there it all stops and you end up living in a caravan thingie with a bunch of losers.

Zertel

I blew scn around 1980 when I was living in LA and joined the mass exodus of probably hundreds of scientologists caused by Hubbard resuming the monthly price increases. Several blown scientologist get together groups sprung up and I joined one. There were about fifteen of us and we met weekly at someone's house and discussed scientology and other practices and listened to a lot of channelling tapes. Obviously a bunch of newly blown scientologists would not be critical of channeling and we listened with interest.

One of the tapes came from a group of OTs who had recruited a channeller and they were grilling the entity on whether OT3 was real or not. Specifics about OT3 were deleted since the OTs were surely concerned about the harm which might be done by making the information broadly public. Try as they might they couldn't get the entity to commit and he responded with, "Well, that is one if several possibilities . . . . " and went on to expound about other exciting possibilities in the theta universe. He was my favorite entity.

Last edited:

Ed8

I blew scn around 1980 when I was living in LA and joined the mass exodus of probably hundreds of scientologists caused by Hubbard resuming the monthly price increases. Several blown scientologist get together groups sprung up and I joined one. There were about fifteen of us and we met weekly at someone's house and discussed scientology and other practices and listened to a lot of channelling tapes. Obviously a bunch of newly blown scientologists would not be critical of channeling and we listened with interest.

One of the tapes came from a group of OTs who had recruited a channeller and they were grilling the entity on whether OT3 was real or not. Specifics about OT3 were deleted since the OTs were surely concerned about the harm which might be done by making the information broadly public. Try as they might they couldn't get the entity to commit and he responded with, "Well, that is one if several possibilities . . . . " and went on to expound about other exciting possibilities in the theta universe. He was my favorite entity.
I left in 1978, also in LA. I wonder if I knew you.
My opinion on OT3:
The OT3 incident 2 is both true and not true.
Did it actually physically take place on our past track of this planet? No. It did not.
Is it a real, accessible incident which can be audited? Yes.
Inc 2 is what I call a "morphic field legend"; "morphic field" is Rupert Sheldrake's term for what Hubbard called a group mind. It's also an example of 'bleed' from a parallel time track, which has infected this timeline and became a legend. The incident is present in the planet's morphic field (local subset of the 6th dynamic field), where it can be located and viewed. In traditional terms, it exists in a "lower plane", the lower astral.

And just for the record, there are many morphic field legends, bled over in the same manner, in the readings of Edgar Cayce, and also in some parts of Filbert's Excalibur Revisited. There are events which didn't happen here, and which influence individuals and indeed, whole societies. These events can and should be processed, despite their not being actually experienced by the PC running them. My only caveat is to be careful. A single person's morphic field (thetan + body) is no match for higher, more powerful fields. Hubbard's warning that OT3 can kill the unwary was probably true at the time. But OT3 has diminished in dangerousness. This diminution alone is an indicator that Inc 2 is from a morphic field. The more people run it, the weaker it gets because it so many have reduced it. The mechanics of morphic fields are that number of owned members in the field controls whether the field dominates or is dominated by other morphic fields. There is a growing population of those who have run it, it no longer dominates as much, and will in the future fade away.
Ed

Riddick

I clap to no man
My opinion on OT3:
Did it actually physically take place on our past track of this planet? No. It did not.
Inc 2 is what I call a "morphic field legend"; "morphic field" is Rupert Sheldrake's term for what Hubbard called a group mind. It's also an example of 'bleed' from a parallel time track, which has infected this timeline and became a legend. The incident is present in the planet's morphic field (local subset of the 6th dynamic field), where it can be located and viewed. In traditional terms, it exists in a "lower plane", the lower astral.

And just for the record, there are many morphic field legends, bled over in the same manner, in the readings of Edgar Cayce, and also in some parts of Filbert's Excalibur Revisited. There are events which didn't happen here, and which influence individuals and indeed, whole societies. These events can and should be processed, despite their not being actually experienced by the PC running them. My only caveat is to be careful. A single person's morphic field (thetan + body) is no match for higher, more powerful fields. Hubbard's warning that OT3 can kill the unwary was probably true at the time. But OT3 has diminished in dangerousness. This diminution alone is an indicator that Inc 2 is from a morphic field. The more people run it, the weaker it gets because it so many have reduced it. The mechanics of morphic fields are that number of owned members in the field controls whether the field dominates or is dominated by other morphic fields. There is a growing population of those who have run it, it no longer dominates as much, and will in the future fade away.
Ed
wow, just wow. You and Zertel are assuming there is a OT. LOL

Of course you both realize the OT levels from 0 to 8 are pre OT's according to Ron. You know OT0, then OT1, then OT2 and so up the bridge to OT8. OT9 is supposed to be the real OT level at gaining cause over matter, energy, space and time. OT0 to OT8 are the pre-levels But guess what, Ron died and never wrote OT9. LOL

And guess what, Ron never left the body at cause to research the upper levels from OT9 and above like DM and his lawyer and so called executives said he did. LOL

Riddick

I clap to no man
And did his output dwindle when he was no longer an acceptable vehicle to the "muse" ?

Some regard the muse as a separate etheric being.
I don't recall Hubbard mentioning the "muse" nor "etheric being".

Veda

My opinion on OT3:

Ed
The materials of (1966) OT 2, as I recall, were produced by Alan Walter and, I think, Jack Horner. Hubbard took their notes and made them, essentially, the Clearing Course part two. This demoted McMaster as he then still had bank.

Two things had been happening: John McMaster was becoming a celebrity as the "first real Clear," making Hubbard jealous ; and people were completing the (1965/1966) Clearing Course and were unable to Run Route 1 of Creation of Human Ability, and were caving-in thinking they had falsely attested to Clear.

OT 2 was originally presented as "another bank" in addition to the R6 bank of the Clearing Course.

Hubbard revised this during the Class 8 course in 1968, making CC, OT 2, and OT 3 all part of R6.

Hubbard invented Xenu and Incident 2 as an explanation to himself and others for his failures in Southern Africa in 1966.

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
Hubbard invented Xenu and Incident 2 as an explanation to himself and others for his failures in Southern Africa in 1966.
Excellent post.

Not everybody may be aware, but after Ron went Clear, he had three bouts of pneumonia
in one year and was advised by his doctor to leave England and go to a warmer climate. This
is mentioned in a private letter made public during the Armstrong trial and brought to light
by Attorney Michael Flynn. In the letter, Hubbard said he wanted this kept hushed up and
Scientology public mustn't find out about it.

Was also mentioned in a newspaper interview:
'Mr. Hubbard arrived in Rhodesia early in May from Johannesburg, where he had flown in January 1966​
after “a third bout of pneumonia following which my doctors advised me to leave Britain” — according​
to a newspaper interview in Salisbury.'​
Source: Peter Younghusband, Salisbury, Wednesday, July 14, 1966
In an interview in the Rhodesia Sunday Mail he said he had left his stately home in Britain on doctor's orders
after a third attack of pneumonia. 'I am really supposed to be on vacation,' he explained . . . .​
Bare-Faced Messiah

It apparently didn't enter his mind that his prior tech -- clearing -- might be flawed. No, he had
to do further research to solve his then problem -- recurring pneumonia -- and that's when he
came up with the risk thing and OTIII, which alludes to a "pneumonia risk."

Again, another instance of "running LRH's case," as some have put it.

Ed8

The materials of (1966) OT 2, as I recall, were produced by Alan Walter and, I think, Jack Horner. Hubbard took their notes and made them, essentially, the Clearing Course part two. This demoted McMaster as he then still had bank.

Two things had been happening: John McMaster was becoming a celebrity as the "first real Clear," making Hubbard jealous ; and people were completing the (1965/1966) Clearing Course and were unable to Run Route 1 of Creation of Human Ability, and were caving-in thinking they had falsely attested to Clear.

OT 2 was originally presented as "another bank" in addition to the R6 bank of the Clearing Course.

Hubbard revised this during the Class 8 course in 1968, making CC, OT 2, and OT 3 all part of R6.

Veda,
Heh, I was wondering who researched OT2; certainly not Hubbard. :)
Someone should list the actual authors of all the various processes. I know much of Grade 5 is by McMaster. And didn't Filbert come up with XDN?
Many years ago I was at one of Aida's oldtimers parties and talked to an older man who told me he was the author of 'be 3 feet in back of your head'. Except that is not the wording. He said Hubbard squirreled it. The original was 'try not to be 3 feet in back of your head'. :)

No wonder Hubbard was critical of squirrels.

Riddick

I clap to no man

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
Wasn't Hubbard a.... I forget the exact word Mystic used. But a combination of 247 mal-entities from the lower etheric? I always wondered if he was serious about that statement.

Riddick

I clap to no man

Riddick

I clap to no man
gotta luv the application of the mystery sandwich by these commercials, thanks to Steve Hall and Jefferson Hawkins, during the 1980's 1990's.

the same principals are applied to the OT levels by Hubbard. Actually the mystery sandwich has been applied by Hubbard from Dianetics to Scientology.

Wow, what a trap, the mystery of it all.

Riddick

I clap to no man
Didn't Cowboy say first and foremost Dianetics and Scientology was a marketing effort.

That's pretty much what Ron dewolf is saying. If you listen carefully. A penny a word.