Dianetics and Scientology are Science Fiction based on rhetoric

Riddick

I clap to no man
Dianetics is based on both rhetoric and auditing to get the brain endorphin effects.
Getting the brain endorphin effects does not require rhetoric.

But if the PC "cognitions" are to likely be in agreement with Hubbard's pseudoscience then it was recommended that they go up both sides of "The Bridge". So, co-auditing was recommended.

@Riddick when you go on-and-on about rhetoric I partially agree with you and partially disagree with you.
that's cool, but I don't think hubbard studied brain endorphin effects.

Riddick

I clap to no man
As if that would ever work.

So in theory, I could go to some org in say Moscow, join Scn again under the local surname I have in the local passport, which they don't have in the files. Then claim I'm Joe Shmoe who died in 1979 and I came back to get back on staff ( I used to work with other people's ethics and PC folders all the time. I know quite a lot about some people who have since died). I could recite their ethics history and some PC stuff too. I would pick someone who has no living relatives in scn or whose relatives are all declared.

Would that prove that I'm the reincarnated Joe Shmoe? Hell no!

Reincarnation is unverifiable
what you wrote reminds me of Hubbard's rhetoric book Mission Into Time. I believe Hana may have wrote about it since she was there.

programmer_guy

True ex-Scientologist
that's cool, but I don't think hubbard studied brain endorphin effects.
I agree that Hubbard did not know much (if anything at all) about brain neuroscience.
But he found ways to create that effect without truly knowing what was really happening in auditing sessions.

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
I agree that Hubbard did not know much (if anything at all) about brain neuroscience.
But he found ways to create that effect without truly knowing what was really happening in auditing sessions.
I think he knew one way or the other, it's the cognition. Hubbard was big on cognition, a word, that says you reached the EP of a process.

But what about the rhetoric?