David Mayo on CLEAR

Veda

This 1989 article titled Clear, by L. Ron Hubbard's personal auditor, probably qualifies as "insider info."

It may be helpful to those who were caught up in the mish mosh of "the state of Clear," particularly after the changes of the late 1970s.

Article on Clear http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..." David Mayo, former Class 12 auditor and Case Supervisor International.

Veda

"Ascension" does describe a state that occurred in one of my "pcs" when I was exploring (with the "pc's" invitation and consent) the Scientology "Clearing" processes of the late 1950s - and sometimes creatively experimenting with them - many moons ago.

As I recall, the session began with asking the "pc": "Who or what are you mainly being?"

This was asked as a listing question. The person began to list, and when an FN/Blowdown item was voiced, the person was asked, "Who or what would control, create, or dominate a ___insert the Blow Down item______?"

When that item was obtained, a six way "help" bracket was run on the second item.

The result was dramatic to say the least, and was far superior to the unimpressive "Dianetic Clears" which were coming off the Scientological assembly line at the time.

Probably should also add that I had already audited the same "pc" on "ARC straight wire," "R3R Dianetics," and "Grade 0," so this was a fairly experienced "pc," who was already doing well.

The idea of "help" used as a button in "Clearing" was submitted to Hubbard by a woman whose name I, unfortunately, do not remember. The mid/late 1950s period was just before Hubbard began playing around with "actual GPMs," which was followed by "Implant GPMs," and then, eventually, "Body Thetans."

Hubbard almost seemed serious (and sincere) about doing real (beneficial to others) "research" for a while there in the mid/late 1950s, but reverted to his "smash" his "name into history"/"smooth ball bearings on the assembly line" mode of operation.

The most startling (and unpleasantly illuminating for any starry-eyed Scientologists) observation by David Mayo is that Hubbard redefined "Clear" for PR and marketing reasons.

That meant that Hubbard's hidden agenda over rode auditing tech which most Scientologists always assumed Hubbard regarded as special and "sacred."

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
That meant that Hubbard's hidden agenda over rode auditing tech which most Scientologists always assumed Hubbard regarded as special and "sacred."
From the very beginning and right up until being awarded some meaningless title and a trophy of some sort by David Miscavidge meant more, auditing, auditors and 'the tek' were fundamentally the most important things in scientology, with auditors being described by Hubbard as 'the most important beings on the planet' or words to that effect. If that was really the case, how come, as a trained auditor, I rarely got paid and, in the main was treated like shit. Doesn't make any sense.

Veda

From the very beginning and right up until being awarded some meaningless title and a trophy of some sort by David Miscavidge meant more, auditing, auditors and 'the tek' were fundamentally the most important things in scientology, with auditors being described by Hubbard as 'the most important beings on the planet' or words to that effect. If that was really the case, how come, as a trained auditor, I rarely got paid and, in the main was treated like shit. Doesn't make any sense.
When I was a newbie Scientologist in 1970 and had only done the Comm (HAS) Course and HQS Course, a Sea Org recruiter attempted to "8C" me into signing a Sea Org billion year contract.

I refused and tried to handle her with my newly learned TRs.

Her response was to shout, "Don't try that bullshit on me!"

Bullshit? But this was the "tech" ???

I realized, even then, that as a Sea Org member she was close to "Source" (Hubbard), and that was far superior to being a public-person dilettante, even if I was a budding/nascent auditor.

A few days ago, was asked about the period of a year, after having left organized Scientology, during which I audited most of the Grade Chart on others. There's no single description of that time. Did however, come across another incomplete snippet that might, perhaps, be somewhat interesting to a few people. It also examines some other areas:

Miracles though AuditingShe had one more miscar

Veda

Francois Rabelais, 16th century originator of the benign Thelema and "Do What Thou Wilt."

His picture hung on the wall of my mid 1980s auditing room.

____________​

Doesn't appear that there's much interest in "tech" discussion.

Just to write this I have to assume the view of my somewhat naive self of over thirty years ago.

Still, some "tech talk" would be some variation, which is healthy.

Unfortunately, those inclined towards "tech talk" are usually simply seeking new clients, and leave after they've done some "dissemination."

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member

Francois Rabelais, 16th century originator of the benign Thelema and "Do What The Wilt."

____________​

Just to write this I have to assume the view of my somewhat naive self of over thirty years ago.

Unfortunately, those inclined towards "tech talk" are usually simply seeking new clients, and leave after they've done some some "dissemination."
One of the things I missed on ESMB was the discussions of tech stuff. It seems most of the people that were involved in those threads no longer posted. I've maintained an interest in such things even though not popular topics of discussion.

Cat's Squirrel

Francois Rabelais, 16th century originator of the benign Thelema and "Do What Thou Wilt."

____________​

Unfortunately, those inclined towards "tech talk" are usually simply seeking new clients, and leave after they've done some "dissemination."
Hi Veda,

I was happy for a while to get involved in Tech discussions on the old board. The main reasons I haven't done it recently, are;

1 / I'm not a trained auditor, and so my perceptions and speculations about the Tech weren't always taken seriously by those who were;

2 / (More importantly) I want to send a strong message to anyone browsing this board, or the former ESMB, that they should stay clear of the CofS; this especially applies to never-ins who are browsing through having seen "Going Clear" or read a book such as Jon Atack's "A Piece Of Blue Sky". I worry that anything which describes aspects of the Tech in positive terms dilutes that message.

For the record, I attested to Clear on the 13th May 1987 and only about a fortnight later discovered, on a visit to London, that I was still agoraphobic (a problem I'd had for some time and had been hoping to handle through auditing). So much for "no longer has his own reactive mind."

I'm not convinced there is such a thing as the reactive mind in the way Hubbard described it, and which can be erased in the first place. I do think however that it's possible there's a state which could usefully be given the title of Clear, which is "able to confront the force in mental image pictures" (from Ken Ogger's writings on ARS).

[EDIT: I was also told by a couple of people who for one reason or another aren't posting on this new board that saying anything positive about the Tech, even if I felt it was justified, was disrespectful to people who had suffered in the CofS and / or risked opening up old wounds. So those are the reasons why I, and perhaps others, have been reluctant to discuss the Tech on here or on the old board.]

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I have a philosophy about people: "Ignore what they say. Watch what they do".

Hubbard, by his actions, only valued that which directly increased his personal stash of cash.

It's also amusing to note that he recognized that the people who would be most able to con Scientologists out of cash, would be LEAST susceptible to arguments that they should do it for the betterment of mankind, and would demand cash.

Caroline

clerk #2

This 1989 article titled Clear, by L. Ron Hubbard's personal auditor, probably qualifies as "insider info."

It may be helpful to those who were caught up in the mish mosh of "the state of Clear," particularly after the changes of the late 1970s.

Article on Clear http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html

"It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were 'clear' at a certain point..." David Mayo, former Class 12 auditor and Case Supervisor International.

When New Era Dianetics first came out in 1978, I recall there being widespread confusion about Clear, Dianetic Clear, Natural Clear, etc. Up to that point, the only route to the OT 1 was by way of Power, R6EW and finally, the Clearing Course, on which level solo auditors supposedly erased the core of the reactive mind, which resulted in Clear.

Obviously the "Clear cog" is what has been "important" all along. Prior to 1978, preclears on Dianetics had been "cogniting" that they were "mocking it up," but weren't being allowed to attest to Clear. This technical shift to again recognize Dianetic Clear as Clear, worked to "revitalize" the many people who had been audited on Dianetics after the point of the necessary realization and mindset, and who had thereafter fallen off the Bridge, gone off lines, etc.

The necessary mindset goes something like this: after perhaps hundreds of hours of Dianetics and other lower grade chart auditing, finally realizing that I have been mocking up my reactive mind for these endless millennia, being "blown out" about this realization, and having no clue that the whole journey and state were delusions I paid Hubbard to implant in me in the first place.

The PR and marketing scam worked. New Era Dianetics and NOTs opened up the floodgates and there was a financial "boom."

KKS

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
David Mayo Non metered Auditing February 8, 1986 - free zone scientology

KKS

David Mayo Sunday Talk on Disillusionment (~1986) - Free Zone Scientology

Ex-Scientologist will enjoy his jokes

marra

I was auditing and c/sing for my org as a volunteer and I too was treated like shit but I wasn't even being paid.

lotus

Gone away from madness!
Same here.
Also, all field auditors who were successful and not passing right away their pc were treated like criminals. They (Including me) were in investigated for their suspicious success rate :faceslap:

In my situation, I had done dort of protection since I was h et lping the org to clean the ARCX field and to recover pc/students... So.. They refrained to annoy me.

But I knew some of the best who have litterally been harassed and handled till they ended any auditing practice.

KKS

Same here.
Also, all field auditors who were successful and not passing right away their pc were treated like criminals. They (Including me) were in investigated for their suspicious success rate :faceslap:

In my situation, I had done dort of protection since I was h et lping the org to clean the ARCX field and to recover pc/students... So.. They refrained to annoy me.

But I knew some of the best who have litterally been harassed and handled till they ended any auditing practice.
I think some of those "Auditors" wanted to establish"Altitude" but ended up being a snobby Bitch. Altitude is a term in Hypnotism:

Mind Control - Hubbard explains Scientology

Joke at first but than it becomes "Clear"

lotus

Gone away from madness!
You talk of thing and people you don't know, in generalities, you prejudice based on nothing other than your prejudices.

Those people who paid from their money and time, to spend years to learn to audit people have joined with a sincere belief they would have a technology to help free people and make them happy florishing beings.

A few of them rose to the higher levels and were appointed at the mecca of the tech. Still believing they were doing the best for mankind. Only a very few of them, and only a very few of the C/Ses became "snobby bitches" , and it didn't last for long.

I tell you why. Those people were the most targeted people to be thrown in the RPF gulags to ensure they would be dehumanized till they are left traumatised, undignified broken souls .

Who are you KKS to judge those people, among them, some people who did their very best to protect and help those who were to be broken.

Ask you bro Marty.. He knows all about breaking people in the gulag.. He was an enforcer.
There is 0 room in Scientology staff and SO to be arrogant and snobby bitch.. This is a behavior that is a solely allowed to Celeb and whales like TC, and Kirsty ( COB few buddies) ... So may I suggest you shout on them... Especially as, regarding them, you have facts to base you judgement on.

😉

Last edited:

KKS

You talk of thing and people you don't know, in generalities, you prejudice based on nothing other than your prejudices.

Those people who paid from their money and time, to spend years to learn to audit people have joined with a sincere belief they would have a technology to help free people and make them happy florishing beings.

A few of them rose to the higher levels and were appointed at the mecca of the tech. Still believing they were doing the best for mankind. Only a very few of them, and only a very few of the C/Ses became "snobby bitches" , and it didn't last for long.

I tell you why. Those people were the most targeted people to be thrown in the RPF gulags to ensure they would be dehumanized till they are left traumatised, undignified broken souls .

Who are you KKS to judge those people, among them, some people who did their very best to protect and help those who were to be broken.

Ask you bro Marty.. He knows all about breaking people in the gulag.. He was an enforcer.
There is 0 room in Scientology staff and SO to be arrogant and snobby bitch.. This is a behavior that is a solely allowed to Celeb and whales like TC, and Kirsty ( COB few buddies) ... So may I suggest you shout on them... Especially as, regarding them, you have facts to base you judgement on.

😉

😉
I do not judge them Lotus, I just want to see them set themselves free trough knowledge:

Human Rights Abuse in Scientology: The Chain Lockers
Some of the most alarming allegations against L Ron Hubbard come from the time when he took to the sea with his most dedicated followers. The degree of control that this situation gave Hubbard allowed him to unleash the most degrading punishments on his subordinates, even children.

From an interview with Kima Douglas:
"The chain locker on the ship was large, lit during the day through the hole where the chain went through. There was a bucket for a toilet. I know children were put in there and kept overnight."
From an interview with David Mayo:

"They used to have people locked in the chain locker, including small children. It was very dangerous because if the anchor started to slip and start running out, it would turn a body into pulp in no time at all. I saw children locked up in the chain locker. He had a birthday party on March 13 1968; there was a woman who he ordered locked in the chain locker. During the party he had her brought out. She was filthy, covered with dirt and rust, and had not been allowed to wash or change clothes - she had been in there a week. She was pretty dirty - he brought her out to the party, he said he was giving her a reprieve and permitting her to come to the party, as if that was a nice gesture. She still wasn't allowed to wash or change, so she was brought to the party and had to stay and later she was returned [to the locker]. He said he was giving her a reprieve but it was just flaunting her degradation. It had looked like things were lightening up a little, people thought maybe things were getting better, then this happened and people were shocked and it gave us a sinister chill. She was in a dress.
From time to time, Hubbard would cancel such activities, like the chain locker, and blame it on someone else. He said that no one was to be put into the chain locker by his order or decree, and Baron Burez was an evil monster for having chain lockered people. Baron was a US crew member and went into disfavour. He would start such pronouncements with, "It has just come to my attention that..."
The length of time for children would vary, but no one was there less than a day. The average was a week or two. Three weeks was about the maximum. Age didn't matter. The youngest kids were 5, 6 or 7. Old, young, men, women, big, little; it wouldn't matter because to Scientologists the being is ageless so you don't think in terms of how young or old someone is."
[...]
"He could be capable of incredible cruelty. On the ship there was an old man on the Royal Scotman who he made push a peanut round the decks with his nose. He had to get down on his hands and knees, he had to go round the deck, quite a long distance in a race with one or two others also in trouble. The first one back got let off and the last one got a double penalty. It was really tough on this old guy, Charlie Reisdorf. The surface of the deck was very rough wood, prone to splinter, so after pushing peanuts with their noses, they all had raw, bleeding noses, leaving a trail of blood behind them. I not only saw it but the entire crew of the ship was mustered - a mandatory attendance - we were required to watch this punishment, to make an example of it for the rest of us. Reisdorf was in his late 50s probably. His two daughters were messengers, they were 11 or 12 at time and his wife was there also. It was hard to say which was worse to watch: this old guy with a bleeding nose or his wife and kids sobbing and crying at being forced to watch this. Hubbard was standing there calling the shots, yelling, "Faster, Faster!". It was indignity, degradation and breaking a person's will, and making people watch. It was disgusting."
Otto Roos

Rusty old tanks, way below in the ship, filthy bilge water, no air except via oxygen tubes, and hardly sitting height, in which "sinners" were put from 24 hours to a week, day and night, to hammer rust off the insides with Masters at Arms checking outside to hear if the hammering continued and occasional food out of a bucket. This was like the Concentration Camps from my childhood days.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
The necessary mindset goes something like this: after perhaps hundreds of hours of Dianetics and other lower grade chart auditing, finally realizing that I have been mocking up my reactive mind for these endless millennia, being "blown out" about this realization, and having no clue that the whole journey and state were delusions I paid Hubbard to implant in me in the first place.

The PR and marketing scam worked. New Era Dianetics and NOTs opened up the floodgates and there was a financial "boom."
The truly sad joke, is that most of the 'bank' that people spend hundreds of hours and many tens of thousands of dollars auditing out, was only mocked up after stepping foot on Hubbard's "bridge".

Enthetan

I was auditing and c/sing for my org as a volunteer and I too was treated like shit but I wasn't even being paid.
And who WAS getting paid? People who brought in money. Regges and FSMs and book sellers, who would get a percentage of their sales.

I recall at one point getting a glance at the Flag payroll, and seeing the FSO bookstore officer making over a $1,000 that week (in the 1980's). The regges made more.

That told me all I needed to know about who LRH truly valued.

Enthetan

Also, all field auditors who were successful and not passing right away their pc were treated like criminals. They (Including me) were in investigated for their suspicious success rate
In Scientology, the worst crime you could commit, was actually "flourishing and prospering" off the tech, unless you were passing most of the income to LRH.