Danny Masterson's Wife BIJOU PHILLIPS Officially LEAVES SCIENTOLOGY!

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief

First of all, I agree with Aaron: This evidence means that she and her daughter are out of scientology.

It is anyone's guess how long had she had already been out. Maybe she was 'physically in, mentally out' for a long time and just kept up appearances for Danny's sake or to keep the marriage to Danny alive?
I think that'd be my best guess: Danny being convicted and scientology not being able to prevent taht is what made her now go public and leave.

Will they declare her? Not as long as they can help it and maintainsome sort of 'uneasy truce'. Mybets bet is that she will get the "Cathy Bell treatement" - she won't be declared, she won't come to events anymore, she won't speak out and scientologists won't be told to support her. So the 'quietly out' sort of exit. MAYBE scientology will even somehow pay her off.

I doubt that she would speak out or write a book or anything. I think she has too much to hide. Her relation to the church is a sort of: "mutually assured destruction" kinda thing now. Neither will attack the other imho.

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
thanks for the report that one of ASL's videos was not just clickbait....

could you provide a sentence or two summary of the most interesting evidence, for those of us without the time to even try to skim the video (or transcript)?

TIA

Karakorum

could you provide a sentence or two summary of the most interesting evidence, for those of us without the time to even try to skim the video (or transcript)?
Basically, Bijou had her daughter have a first communion ceremony (a sort of 'coming of age' catholic religious ceremony for a lack of a better description). This was also filmed and Bijou put it online. And Aaron showed a part of that recording.

Communion is a catholic sacrament, a per excellence ceremony confirming that person's belonging to the catholic church. That's on the same level as having a baptism in the mormon church or in the baptist church. Or a bar mitsva in Judaism. No way in hell would this be allowed to happen if Bijou was still a scientologist. Moreover, she did not keepit secret either.

Aaron points it all out and I do agree with him on this.

HelluvaHoax!

Unless she is offered mega-money for a tell-all book, Bijou will ultimately take her place in the hallowed pantheon of Scientology's SUPER-SORDID-SECRET holders that took their sensationally sleazy stories about the cult to their grave. To wit, omerta devotees like Mary Sue Hubbard, Annie Broeker, Jane Kember, Yvonne Gillham, Captain Bill Robertson and many others.

I would imagine that some of the dearly departed celebrities also remained silent to the end about the outrageous scandals and coverups inside the COS (Crimewave of Scientology). If I had to guess, Lisa Marie Presley was almost certainly sitting on devastating revelations about Michael Jackson's "2nd Dynamic" activities with minors that she and the church covered up.

Other than Bijou being a hostile witness, she would likely be the ultimate bombshell witness if called by the Jane Does in their civil litigation vs. the cult. What she knows about the cult's and celebrities' complicity in covering and obstructing justice on behalf of a serial rapist (Masterson) would shake the courthouse like a magnitude 9.8 earthquake!

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Basically, Bijou had her daughter have a first communion ceremony (a sort of 'coming of age' catholic religious ceremony for a lack of a better description). This was also filmed and Bijou put it online. And Aaron showed a part of that recording.

Communion is a catholic sacrament, a per excellence ceremony confirming that person's belonging to the catholic church. That's on the same level as having a baptism in the mormon church or in the baptist church. Or a bar mitsva in Judaism. No way in hell would this be allowed to happen if Bijou was still a scientologist. Moreover, she did not keepit secret either.

Aaron points it all out and I do agree with him on this.
The sequence in Catholicism is

Baptism (as a baby)

First Communion generally occurs when the child achieves "age of reason"(is old enough to understand the sacrament), around 2nd grade.

Next big step is Confirmation, at around 14.

TheSneakster

For "officially" to be true, there must be a public announcement by Ms. Phillips stating that she has, in fact, departed the Church of Scientology. There has been no such announcement.

True facts cannot be simply reasoned or speculated into existence, so Aaron's video title represents a false report and a misrepresentation of the available facts.

I M Dex

Just from what I see posted, without seeing the video, this is more like "the evidence suggests, and I agree", no actual con
For "officially" to be true, there must be a public announcement by Ms. Phillips stating that she has, in fact, departed the Church of Scientology. There has been no such announcement.

True facts cannot be simply reasoned or speculated into existence, so Aaron's video title represents a false report and a misrepresentation of the available facts.
Yeah, that's my thinking. It seems to be a little bit of people seeing what they want to see, and Aaron's habitual presenting speculation as confirmed fact. This could be a step in her finding her way out of the cult, it could be that she's quietly distancing herself, but while there's some evidence, it is not proof. And I have seen Scientologists who are Christians or Jews engaging in the rituals of their religion, sometimes, perhaps, as a means of pacifying their families and trying to reassure them (and/or theirself) that they're not enthralled in a cult. I wonder what happens if/when they come across Hubbard's claims that Christ was a delusion and never really existed, or the original "OT VIII" material branding Christ a pedophile.

Karakorum

And I have seen Scientologists who are Christians or Jews engaging in the rituals of their religion, sometimes, perhaps, as a means of pacifying their families and trying to reassure them (and/or theirself) that they're not enthralled in a cult.
Yes, I seen thoise as well. But these were always the "family xmas party" or "mass celebrating the 20th anniversary of the grandparents" or "the bar mitsva of a cousing twice removed" or the usual funeral/wedding. What I'm saying is that the scientologist in question was more of a paqssive spectator-participant in those. Not the star of the show who willingly initiated the event of their own volition.

I would agree with you if this was Bijou attending the 1st communion of someone else's kid. But this is her own kid.
In this case, Bjiou did initiate it, her daughter is the star of the show and afaik none of this was done to placate any family members (most of them are in CoS anyway).

The sequence in Catholicism is

Baptism (as a baby)

First Communion generally occurs when the child achieves "age of reason"(is old enough to understand the sacrament), around 2nd grade.

Next big step is Confirmation, at around 14.
That's correct.

I felt that its best to compare a Catholic 1st communion (rather than a catholic baptism) to a mormon baptism or a bar mistva, because that is the point where the kids themselves declare their commitment to be in the church. Catholic baptism yousually happens when you are like 3 months of age and you have nothing to say about it yet ;)

Agreed. But I guess we all know that in scientology things can be true without being official. Not to mention the humongous amount of things that are official yet not true.

I can tell you that back in my inv days if some OSA guy would come and ask me to start and investigation on her now, my reply would have been: "We deal with internal threats, you guys deal with external ones. At this point Bijou is clearly the latter, she's your responsibility now - dela with it!"

Nobody who knows about the communion will now consider Bijou a real scientologist, regarldess if they remove her name from IAS or not.

I feel that Bijou as a celebrity and wife of a certain 'Danny M' has a much wider range of options available to her than public scientologist Joe Shmoe. Joe Shmoe would have been kicked out for having their kid go through 1st communion, and he would have been declared an SP for making it public and putting the recording on the internet.

Bijou knows that the church wuold rather avoid war with her. I think this is her testing the waters - seeing how far she can go..

Last edited:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
I felt that its best to compare a Catholic 1st communion (rather than a catholic baptism) to a mormon baptism or a bar mistva, because that is the point where the kids themselves declare their commitment to be in the church.
Exactly. First Communion is a voluntary act signaling commitment to the Catholic faith. It would not have happened without Bijou having made a conscious decision to have her daughter do it.

As you note, it signals their open alignment with the non-Scientology world.

If they were still Scientologists, and they were active Catholics (rather than just going through the motions to maintain good relations with family) I would think that Ethics would have a negative reaction.

Last edited:

onceuponatime

I think she's left Scientology, and I think scientology is happy to have them go. Scientology wants as much distance as it can get from the Danny Masterson disaster.

I will add that there's still a tiny shred of doubt, as mentioned she hasn't publicly said I'm not a scientologist. But this seems way too elaborate for a PR move that doesn't benefit Scientology that much.

Type4_PTS

I think she's left Scientology, and I think scientology is happy to have them go. Scientology wants as much distance as it can get from the Danny Masterson disaster.

I will add that there's still a tiny shred of doubt, as mentioned she hasn't publicly said I'm not a scientologist. But this seems way too elaborate for a PR move that doesn't benefit Scientology that much.

Could it be a way for her to indicate that she is no longer a Scientologist (without making a public announcement) but not cross a line that would cause her to get disconnected from her friends and business associates who are Scientologists?

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
No way in hell would this be allowed to happen if Bijou was still a scientologist.
first, thanks for that key point.

i could still see a celeb or whale being allowed to get away with it -- including under the pretense of scn being compatible with other religions. and for all we know, with some of the focus on trying to work the 'interfaith' angle in recent years, the co$ could even be encouraging some of that sort of thing with members in order to try to appear more mainstream at a point when they are really getting painted into a corner as an abusive pariah cult.

however, so far as i know Bijou wasn't raised a Catholic, so it wouldn't make sense as far as simply continuing a family tradition. what does come to mind is that that Katie Holmes re-joined the Catholic church and sent Suri to a Catholic school early on. while i can't right off find anything about Suri having a first communion, i could see Bijou following in Katie's footsteps and making a gesture intended at least in part to signal that she was in the same league -- out with no turning back, but willing to keep it on the low down as long as she and her child are left alone.

Karakorum

Could it be a way for her to indicate that she is no longer a Scientologist (without making a public announcement) but not cross a line that would cause her to get disconnected from her friends and business associates who are Scientologists?
That is quite possible. I think she is testing teh waters: Made a public act clearly stating: "I'm not a scientologist", but did so in a way that still leaves the cult with an open decision to declare her or not declare.

I think the cult will try to keep things quiet and pretend like nothing happened.

HelluvaHoax!

1. CULT RECEIVES NEWS THAT A MAJOR CELEBRITY (BIJOU) BLEW

2. CULT IS NOT WORRIED IN THE LEAST.

3. THE "DIRECTOR OF BLOWS" SIMPLY CLICKS ON THE DE-BLOWIFICATION APP
AND THE DROP-DOWN MENU OF WHYS (AND THEIR HANDLING) POPS UP,
with the top 100 reason that celebs blow, including these.....

- - Celebrity went PTS to one or more SPs and their "black pr"!
- - Celebrity committed too many OVERTS!
- - Celebrity unintentionally went past a MU word!
- - Celebrity was a PLANT from the beginning, "sent in" to sabotage Ron's Bridge!
- - Celebrity was PDH'ed by psychs because the tech works and their desperate attempt to stop total freedom.
- - Celebrity actually went full OT and exterior but now is dramatizing an unflat Int/Ext R/D and "trying to get out".
- - Celebrity's demo kit consisted of only paper clips, but NO USED BATTERIES, thus the out tech created BPC.
- - etc...etc....etc....etc....etc...etc...etc...etc..................

All that has to happen now is to assess the above Blow Correction List on the celebrity while they hold soup cans. Then
whatever reads, just do the handling steps and VOILA!!! The celebrity will instantly be rehabilitated and back on the Bridge!
The tech works 100% of the time, which is why the Director of Corrections and Scientology management are not
even slightly concerned about the celebrity blowing. They'll be back, not even a problem!

onceuponatime

Yes, I think this is her putting distance between herself and Scientology without at the same time cutting off all of her connections.

i could still see a celeb or whale being allowed to get away with it -- including under the pretense of scn being compatible with other religions. and for all we know, with some of the focus on trying to work the 'interfaith' angle in recent years, the co$ could even be encouraging some of that sort of thing with members in order to try to appear more mainstream at a point when they are really getting painted into a corner as an abusive pariah cult.
That's exactly why I have a shred of doubt.

Because she hasn't come out and publicly said I'm not a Scientologist her getting back into it and active again would be as simple as her saying she's a Scientologist again. Well, they might make her jump through some very small hoops.

I do think she's out and I'd love to see some sort of book/podcast about her experiences and what she went through, just to get her perspective and to see that side of the story. I'm sure she has all sorts of interesting details.

I M Dex

I do think she's out and I'd love to see some sort of book/podcast about her experiences and what she went through, just to get her perspective and to see that side of the story. I'm sure she has all sorts of interesting details.
It occurs to me that if she's left the cult, she could be avoiding making a statement about it in order to try to avoid any further engagement, by not drawing their attention.
I believe that if you want to disengage from a person or group, in some circumstances, you do not make an "I reject you" statement, because that would only invite a response/reaction/retaliation, when all you want is no further engagement, rather than the continued involvement of an ongoing game of "I'm the winner, you're the loser".
In her case, I think she's in need of refuge and recovery from having existed under the cloud of domination by a predator, and the cult is sort of the background environment that supported and maintained that cloud for her, and this might be what is moving her to engage in and with her family religion environment.