Current Org Financial Irregularities

Dotey OT

;; ;; ;; ;;Veteran of the Semicolon Wars;; ;; ;;
We just had a report about something which occurred in an org that we know of.

It seems that a mission fired recently from an ILO to the org to handle the scene of loans being made from current staff to current staff, for the purposes of the borrowing staff to pay for bridge.

Staff being regged has been super rampant compared to what it had been in the past. Making it worse, there were certain staff that were sort of like "banks" for other staff. Many of these "banks" were just people that had maintained good credit, and could be counted on to use their personal charge cards to pay for auditing, etc. for other staff. These bank people included retirees, professionals with day jobs, wealthy wives working at orgs while the husband had a day job, or wealthy wives with husbands working in the orgs. These loans were being arranged by SO people stationed in the orgs, SO network types that were on reg lines, or were interested in GI, the driving stat now in any org.

What had been a flap was that staff were reg prospects and were being regged with the same intensity as public. Of course, what was then happening over time was that with very little staff pay, the loaning staff members were in financial difficulties, nobody could pay off the arranged loan.

The story we got was that the ILO were actually issuing funds to the staff that were getting stiffed. These payments weren't entirely handling the debts, but were keeping the flap down to manageable levels. Then as a result, tougher (haha) policies to ensure that staff are not getting regged as much are being implemented.

I had actually involved myself at one time, during my last tenure on staff, by lending money to another staff member by using a credit card. We were told it would be almost immediately, but had gotten drawn out over about six months until it was paid off. We were told by the SO member that had arranged the loan, that we never should had made the loan if we were so worried about being paid back. This was yet another one of the straws that finally broke this camel's back.

Seems like they are trying to clean things up a bit for some reason.

Dotey OT

I will try to find out.

I have never heard of a mission like this as well.

Further, the ILO cutting checks?

In the recent history of arranged loans and ideal morgue fundraising, I have heard of reports going uplines, and interventions between borrowers and lenders, people passing away WHILE STILL OWING to others, people being declared while owing or being owed. I myself had a loan to someone, and the borrower was told by the FSM it was the greatest good not to pay me back. Fortunately I was paid back anyway.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

It seems that a mission fired recently from an ILO to the org to handle the scene of loans being made from current staff to current staff, for the purposes of the borrowing staff to pay for bridge.

Staff being regged has been super rampant compared to what it had been in the past. Making it worse, there were certain staff that were sort of like "banks" for other staff. Many of these "banks" were just people that had maintained good credit, and could be counted on to use their personal charge cards to pay for auditing, etc. for other staff. These bank people included retirees, professionals with day jobs, wealthy wives working at orgs while the husband had a day job, or wealthy wives with husbands working in the orgs. These loans were being arranged by SO people stationed in the orgs, SO network types that were on reg lines, or were interested in GI, the driving stat now in any org.

What had been a flap was that staff were reg prospects and were being regged with the same intensity as public. Of course, what was then happening over time was that with very little staff pay, the loaning staff members were in financial difficulties, nobody could pay off the arranged loan.

The story we got was that the ILO were actually issuing funds to the staff that were getting stiffed. These payments weren't entirely handling the debts, but were keeping the flap down to manageable levels. Then as a result, tougher (haha) policies to ensure that staff are not getting regged as much are being implemented.

I had actually involved myself at one time, during my last tenure on staff, by lending money to another staff member by using a credit card. We were told it would be almost immediately, but had gotten drawn out over about six months until it was paid off. We were told by the SO member that had arranged the loan, that we never should had made the loan if we were so worried about being paid back. This was yet another one of the straws that finally broke this camel's back.

This is the same exact thing that happened in the 80s.

Only it was public and FSMs, not staff. Management was either all for it or turned a blind eye as long as the money came in. This was until the credit card companies started going to the church directly for payment.

Then RTC came down and sec checked everyone and killed all the regges. And everyone got lectured on policies about "arranging loans".

Dotey OT

This is the same exact thing that happened in the 80s.

Only it was public and FSMs, not staff. Management was either all for it or turned a blind eye as long as the money came in. This was until the credit card companies started going to the church directly for payment.

Then RTC came down and sec checked everyone and killed all the regges. And everyone got lectured on policies about "arranging loans".
It's all still alive and well in orgs NOW, at least it was.

And the policies on arranging loans, the only one I was ever shown was pretty esoteric, I think was in a green on white about bad checks or something. Maybe one sentence. It was on a comm ev I had back when, and I was just a bystander really.

I saw a reg start regging a lady in her 80's, trying to get credit for her. They were applying for cards for her online, without her knowing about the specifics. She had only given them SSN and DOB, and away they went. She didn't have income for the past fifteen or so years, so they couldn't get credit. If they could have gotten 30k, they would have charged it all, and then had her sign something. Fortunately, didn't happen, she couldn't get the credit.

O

Out Ethics

What you described is still being done as we speak. I know of a few
people in our Org that were treated like banks and expected to help loan money to those in need. Loans were not paid back. Justice, if served, is not enforced. Scientologists can harm other Scientologists by not paying loans back and it is normal. Nothing is ever done about it.

O

Out Ethics

It's all still alive and well in orgs NOW, at least it was.

And the policies on arranging loans, the only one I was ever shown was pretty esoteric, I think was in a green on white about bad checks or something. Maybe one sentence. It was on a comm ev I had back when, and I was just a bystander really.

I saw a reg start regging a lady in her 80's, trying to get credit for her. They were applying for cards for her online, without her knowing about the specifics. She had only given them SSN and DOB, and away they went. She didn't have income for the past fifteen or so years, so they couldn't get credit. If they could have gotten 30k, they would have charged it all, and then had her sign something. Fortunately, didn't happen, she couldn't get the credit.
Scientologists who have to to report stats have hit an all time low. They turn into criminals and will do anything to get money net. Lying was old school. Now they lie and take out loans without you even knowing about it until you get the bill. Trickery is SOP in Scientology.

Type4_PTS

<snip>
<snip>
Sounds like they had a misunderstood on the word "loan". :whistle:

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
We were told by the SO member that had arranged the loan, that we never should had made the loan if we were so worried about being paid back.
My attitude towards loans to friends is that I consider it a gift. If the person is somebody I don't feel close enough to make that big a gift to, then he doesn't get money.

For Scns asking for loans years ago, I would just tell them "If the bank doesn't consider you a good enough credit risk, then neither do I".

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Scientologists who have to to report stats have hit an all time low. They turn into criminals and will do anything to get money net. Lying was old school. Now they lie and take out loans without you even knowing about it until you get the bill. Trickery is SOP in Scientology.
That happened to me years ago. I was informed (after the fact and just before the statement arrived) that a friend's wife had charged something to my credit card. I called up the reg and asked "WTF?". He referred me to the FBO. I told the FBO "Within 24 hours from now, one of three things will happen: I either get my money back as cash in my hand, or you credit the money back to my card, or I tell the credit card company that this was an unauthorized charge and tell them to yank the money back. You get to pick which one happens".

i got my money back. The reg knew me, and knew I would do what I said.

Dotey OT

The big financial irregularity that is scamatology has too numerous to mention smaller stories involving currently in and "winning" (until regged) public.

There supposedly was a purge of the bad registration habits planet-wide. I now know for a fact that was of course, not true. When was it ever true?

But the biggest secret is that there is a very wealthy public in the UK that has been loaning money to people via S.O. regges, without the recipient even knowing the name of the lender.

Arranged loans would be necessary if hard times created a low flow of income.

Wonder if they will help me buy a new car???

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Hm, first I've ever heard of a mission where they resolve debts like this.

Wonder what triggered it?
Maybe because staff members being in debt can cause them to leave staff.

And being ARC broken about not being repaid can also cause people to leave staff -- particularly when Sea Org or other staff arranged the transaction.