Cults as a social vehicle

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
While I obviously joined a cult, it was a "let's save the world from killing each other" cult, not a "look at my butt look at my butt give me likes" cult
Although my wife keeps saying I have a nice butt, it was not the reason I joined Scientology or any other group.

Enthetan

Also I think the social aspect is way more apparent on Staff or in the SO. Those are definitely an us vs them, esprit de corps, etc. I would say that's primarily why people stay on Staff or in the SO. So I can agree with the social aspect in regards to staff/SO. But the average joe public sticks around because he wants to be Clear/OT. And then maybe once he's reached those he like the status those give him so he sticks around.
I noticed it as a public early on.

You get all this "space opera" stuff early on. Scientology becomes an important part of your life which you can't talk about to non-Scientologists, because they will think you're crazy (because you are). So you form friendships with the only people around who "understand" -- other Scientologists.

The_Fixer

Bent in all sorts of ways..
While I obviously joined a cult, it was a "let's save the world from killing each other" cult, not a "look at my butt look at my butt give me likes" cult
The words may vary, but the undertone always remains the same.

The words that are really being said are, "Look at me, I am so important!".

Put whatever variations of words you wish in, but it always comes back to that. Most people like to stand out in a positive way and be regarded that way as well.

Riddick

I clap to no man
I noticed it as a public early on.

You get all this "space opera" stuff early on. Scientology becomes an important part of your life which you can't talk about to non-Scientologists, because they will think you're crazy (because you are). So you form friendships with the only people around who "understand" -- other Scientologists.
yah, hubbard called arc=u or understanding. That means if you like me, and if you agree with me, and if you can communicate with me, why we understand each other. That would be friendship. And thus if that happened we became scientologists for a cause. If that did not happen, why the other party was deemed PTS or SP.

In a nutshell, I'm saying.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Ooops, sorry! lol

But, I thought it would come as a welcome relief to all those who might have put on a few pounds weight during the pandemic.

However despite the above, you will be pleased to learn that i was going to send one or more photos EXPONENTIALLY MORE REPULSIVE and savagely politically incorrect to boot, and/or to booty! Alas (out of uncommon decency and a Christlike compassion that defies modern sensibilities) I chose the high road (less traveled) in order to spare everyone from those alternate and loathsome graphic depictions.

If you had witnessed one of those more advanced photo depictions, you would (instead) be thanking me for having contributed those two beach bikini bookends of the bountiful buttocks baroness. I believe you should give those photos some more time as it is an acquired taste to view such an Ideal Kardashianesque clumpy cottage cheese conglomerate that is bigger than Old St. Hill.

Kindly cc me on any COMMENDATION REPORTS you may wish to send up lines that may favorably impact my current goal to acquire Kha-Khan status on this planet.
I know I'm old-school, but I prefer cute, neat little butts, not what seems to be fashionable today.

Out of my window every day I watch a procession of grossly overweight females passing by, and almost every one of them is wearing what looks like their tights with nothing over the top, the effect of which is to accentuate the rippling blubber they're carrying around, which they seem proud to display. I know that if I were unfortunate enough to look like that I'd be wearing a smock or some other loose-fitting garment until I got myself into better shape. The Kardashians (whoever the fuck they are) have got a lot to answer for.

stratty

Although my wife keeps saying I have a nice butt, it was not the reason I joined Scientology or any other group.
I ran into my ex-wife after a spell of about four years without seeing each other, and the first thing she said to me was 'what happened to your butt'? That's not verbatim, English girls in 1980 didn't use the word butt.

I'm not making this up, that's the god's honest truth.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I ran into my ex-wife after a spell of about four years without seeing each other, and the first thing she said to me was 'what happened to your butt'? That's not verbatim, English girls in 1980 didn't use the word butt.

I'm not making this up, that's the god's honest truth.
Was her name Sir Mix-A-Lot?

freethinker

Controversial
In my day it was a "Look at me, I work the hardest, the longest, the fastest, close the most cases!" cult. At least in the SO there was a cult of labor and work.

work more, sleep less
close it quickly, but don't leave a mess
all aboard and full speed ahead

don't look back, you can sleep when you're dead
Is that a real SO motto?

Enthetan

I know I'm old-school, but I prefer cute, neat little butts, not what seems to be fashionable today.

Out of my window every day I watch a procession of grossly overweight females passing by, and almost every one of them is wearing what looks like their tights with nothing over the top, the effect of which is to accentuate the rippling blubber they're carrying around, which they seem proud to display. I know that if I were unfortunate enough to look like that I'd be wearing a smock or some other loose-fitting garment until I got myself into better shape. The Kardashians (whoever the fuck they are) have got a lot to answer for.
I find physically fit women to be the most attractive.

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
Is that a real SO motto?
That's what it boils down to. I think everyone who has been in the SO in the US will recognize the "you can sleep when you're dead" headspace.

Nobody inside has time to compose fancy rhymes though.

stratty

I find physically fit women to be the most attractive.
Each to his own Enthetan, my preference is for slender waifs who don't worry too much about make-up and fancy clothes. My ex-wife ticked all those boxes so I was lucky enough to marry the girl of my dreams.

Enthetan

Each to his own Enthetan, my preference is for slender waifs who don't worry too much about make-up and fancy clothes. My ex-wife ticked all those boxes so I was lucky enough to marry the girl of my dreams.
I was fortunate enough to marry a good person.

She's no longer the athletic trim girl with the very perky breasts she was when I first met her. But she still strives to keep me happy.

Looks fade. Body shapes change over the years. But who she is stays the same.

I think that's why we're still together after several decades and several kids.

stratty

I was fortunate enough to marry a good person.

She's no longer the athletic trim girl with the very perky breasts she was when I first met her. But she still strives to keep me happy.

Looks fade. Body shapes change over the years. But who she is stays the same.

I think that's why we're still together after several decades and several kids.
Yes, of course, ultimately it's what's on the inside that really counts, and that brings me to another of my considerations about Trump. I don't think his wife's intellect was what attracted him somehow. I have a lot of respect for her, she has handled herself immaculately over these past few years in the spotlight.

freethinker

Controversial
That's what it boils down to. I think everyone who has been in the SO in the US will recognize the "you can sleep when you're dead" headspace.

I think they stole that from the 2004 Red Sox

freethinker

Controversial

The "save the planet" slogan isn't too much different from "protecting our democracy". They both have spurious intentions behind them

Karakorum

freethinker

Controversial
The timeline would be right. What is the Red Sox reference?
Something like you can sleep after it's over. Many games in the ALCS were played till 3 or 4 in the morning. Not much time to recoup for the next game. It became the mantra throughout the rest of the series through the world series you can sleep after it's over.

Karakorum

Something like you can sleep after it's over. Many games in the ALCS were played till 3 or 4 in the morning. Not much time to recoup for the next game. It became the mantra throughout the rest of the series through the world series you can sleep after it's over.
Yeah I can see how someone who followed sports would introduce that wording into scn.

Another catch-phrase, at least in inv was: "the work is never done". It was used as a reply:

Star: "I need to do XYZ"
Me: "Well, we have an average of 32 aging cases per person right now, so we all need to go back to work"
Bob: "...and the work is never done"

or:
Jenny: "I just closed all my aging cases today, but all of a sudden someone assigned me 20 more so now I still have a lot of work!"
Me: "...and the work is never done"

Other weird sayings? "Everyone is guilty, we just didn't get around to starting a case on them yet".

Last edited:

freethinker

Controversial
Yeah I can see how someone who followed sports would introduce that wording into scn.

Another catch-phrase, at least in inv was: "the work is never done". It was used as a reply:

Star: "I need to do XYZ"
Me: "Well, we have an average of 32 aging cases per person right now, so we all need to go back to work"
Bob: "...and the work is never done"

or:
Jenny: "I just closed all my aging cases today, but all of a sudden someone assigned me 20 more so now I still have a lot of work!"
Me: "...and the work is never done"

Other weird sayings? "Everyone is guilty, we just didn't get around to starting a case on them yet".
People say shit like that so they don't have to explain. The volunteer for anything often gets the cliche for why it is right or why it needs to be.

Sometimes people volunteer because they would rather do that than something else and sometimes people are involuntarily volunteered.