"Created" Lecture Series

Chuck J.

"Austere Religious Scholar"
For example, The Money Tapes, Money and Success, or whatever it's called. If I recall correctly it was six or eight lectures cherry-picked from various other Hubbard lecture series over the years. i.e. pick a lecture here or there in which Hubbard talks about money, etc. whether it's from 1956 or 1962 or whenever, and cobble it together into something the "Cherch" can sell.

These came out after Hubbard's death?

Whose idea was it to create that series?

.....and other such created series cherry-picked from the vast (3,000? lecture) catalogue. Another example: PTS-SP lectures.

Who thought this strategy up?

I know there was a Personal Efficiency Course that was in existence when Hubbard was alive. Was this various cherry-picked lectures as well? Or was it an actual series of lectures that occurred in one time and place and was released to all Public Org's as such?

If this post is in the wrong sub-section of the forum feel free to move it.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I am not sure that one person is behind these "repackaged" audio lecture releases.

It's a typical marketing strategy to leverage a portfolio of songs, movies, books, tv shows or other intellectual properties.

If you think about it in the music industry, they've been turning out "GREATEST HITS" albums for over 60 years!

(wiki excerpt): "The first example of a greatest hits album can be seen with Johnny Mathis's Johnny's Greatest Hits, released in 1958.[4] The album collected eight of Mathis's charting singles, as well as three non-charting B-sides and an altogether new track. The album spent three weeks at the number one spot on Billboard's Best Selling Pop LP's chart. The greatest hits album format then gained popularity in the 1960s and 1970s among American and British rock and pop artists. Some artists were popular enough to release multiple greatest hits albums during and after their career."

It would be so cool if Scientology now packaged Ron's Billboard Chart Topping hit tunes in a "RON'S GREATEST HITS" album!

In a sense, ESMB is a "RON'S GREATEST HOAXES" long playing record.

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
I know there was a Personal Efficiency Course that was in existence when Hubbard was alive. Was this various cherry-picked lectures as well? Or was it an actual series of lectures that occurred in one time and place and was released to all Public Org's as such?
I did the Personal Efficiency Course. Twice, IIRC. It is based on and includes the book The Problems of Work. As I recall, it currently takes two afternoons, includes videos with live introductions by the person delivering the course, and verbal Q & A between the person delivering the course and the students. The person delivering the course did the thing where you throw a bunch of papers up in the air to demonstrate the need for a Stable Datum.

The Personal Efficiency Course is completely unlike a standard Div 6 courses, and in structure was the closest thing I did in Scientology to a standard college lecture.

They piloted a Personal Efficiency Course 2 course based on a different book (A New Slant on Life?), but nothing ever came of it.

/

Lee #28

For example, The Money Tapes, Money and Success, or whatever it's called. If I recall correctly it was six or eight lectures cherry-picked from various other Hubbard lecture series over the years. i.e. pick a lecture here or there in which Hubbard talks about money, etc. whether it's from 1956 or 1962 or whenever, and cobble it together into something the "Cherch" can sell.

These came out after Hubbard's death?

Whose idea was it to create these series?

.....and other such created series cherry-picked from the vast (3,000? lecture) catalogue. Another example: PTS-SP lectures.

Who thought this strategy up?

If this post is in the wrong sub-section of the forum feel free to move it.

Interesting Chuck......

I agree....someone decided to do this... Who, I wouldn't know.

But, in the same vein......I've read stories on here about some "interns" being given to task of putting an HCOB together from "notes" and various odd "pieces of paper...."

Again, who decides to do this...?

HH above says the same as "Greatest Hits" albums......and that sounds about right.

Dig up all tape references......and cobble something together on one subject..... But those with access to those tapes would still have to be told by someone to do this... Someone high up...

A "Golden Era" decision? Author Services?

Money is a subject dear to the Scientologist's heart..... So it would seem that a Tape Play about Ron talking about Money would be an easy sale? But they certainly don't tell the truth about Ron and Money....

Now that would be an interesting Tape..... "Ron and Money..."

That brings to mine the R & D series...what has happened with that? The first books produced were really clunky..... Then those were redone and were pretty serious...and nice. But was that series set aside again....? Ever finished? I don't know. But talking about Tapes.....the R&D series were suppose to be every Transcript of every Tape in sequential order, if I remember correctly....

Edited: I just checked on Ebay....and the highest number volume there is 13......

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

I am not sure that one person is behind these "repackaged" audio lecture releases.

It's a typical marketing strategy to leverage a portfolio of songs, movies, books, tv shows or other intellectual properties.

If you think about it in the music industry, they've been turning out "GREATEST HITS" albums for over 60 years!

(wiki excerpt): "The first example of a greatest hits album can be seen with Johnny Mathis's Johnny's Greatest Hits, released in 1958.[4] The album collected eight of Mathis's charting singles, as well as three non-charting B-sides and an altogether new track. The album spent three weeks at the number one spot on Billboard's Best Selling Pop LP's chart. The greatest hits album format then gained popularity in the 1960s and 1970s among American and British rock and pop artists. Some artists were popular enough to release multiple greatest hits albums during and after their career."

It would be so cool if Scientology now packaged Ron's Billboard Chart Topping hit tunes in a "RON'S GREATEST HITS" album!

In a sense, ESMB is a "RON'S GREATEST HOAXES" long playing record.

I myself always wondered about such stuff as well. Who put together the OEC volumes? Or who's idea was it to create the book DIANETICS TODAY and the course that is based on it, the HPDC?

Did Hubbard really go to all that trouble putting together the OEC or DIANETICS TODAY? Or was it fanatic staff Scientologists who worked and adored LRH?

It was obviously a money grab like all things in Scientology and I am sure Hubbard was fine with that.

Chuck J.

I did the Personal Efficiency Course. Twice, IIRC. It is based on and includes the book The Problems of Work. As I recall, it currently takes two afternoons, includes videos with live introductions by the person delivering the course, and verbal Q & A between the person delivering the course and the students. The person delivering the course did the thing where you throw a bunch of papers up in the air to demonstrate the need for a Stable Datum.

The Personal Efficiency Course is completely unlike a standard Div 6 courses, and in structure was the closest thing I did in Scientology to a standard college lecture.

They piloted a Personal Efficiency Course 2 course based on a different book (A New Slant on Life?), but nothing ever came of it.

/
Was listening to lectures part of the course?

Were these Hubbard lectures from various times and places? In other words a "created" series.

Or did he do a Personal Efficiency Lecture series *one time* (for example, in Washington DC July 1958) and it was then given to Orgs forever more, as the Personal Efficiency Course. That's more what I'm asking.

guanoloco

As-Wased

/
Interesting. I wonder now? I had heard that POW was no longer sold as it wasn't written by Hubbard.

What's that mean for this course if true?

ISNOINews

Was listening to lectures part of the course?

Were these Hubbard lectures from various times and places? In other words a "created" series.

Or did he do a Personal Efficiency Lecture series *one time* (for example, in Washington DC July 1958) and it was then given to Orgs forever more, as the Personal Efficiency Course. That's more what I'm asking.
The Personal Efficiency Lecture that I took did not include an audio or written lecture by that or any other name by Hubbard. The course was based only on the book The Problems of Work. The videos, as I recall, discussed points made in that book. Hubbard's voice was never heard.

/

ISNOINews

Interesting. I wonder now? I had heard that POW was no longer sold as it wasn't written by Hubbard.

As I recalk, the copy of POW that I had said that it was written by Hubbard. I don't think it was even a "based on the works of" book, but instead said it was written by L. Ron Hubbard.

POW was always available for purchase when I was in.

/

Chuck J.

^^^^
Problems of Work.

So, WHEN did these "Created" lecture series start coming out? 1980's ? The timing is interesting. I know for a fact at least the mid to late 80's, because I had a Money & Success series in '88-ish.

Cherch management money-making idea?

Was Hubbard even in the loop on it?

Were any out in the 1970's ?

Lee #28

A cheap one day course to get people in the door?

Didn't you have to throw a dollar bill in the air......or throw it away.....? Or give it to the person next to you or something....

HelluvaHoax!

ANSWER: Even if the POW book is no longer sold, Scientology will still continue selling the POW Rundown, as it always has since 1950.

POW book (Problems of Work)

POW rundown (Prisoner of War) It's an exciting reality game where everyone wins!

INFO: The game begins by Wogs being captured off the street and brought into the org by any means necessary. Thereafter the Wog is forced to give all their time and money to Scientology for a billion years. Inside the encampment, the prisoner is not referred to as a "prisoner". They are called an "Operating Thetan who is saving the world!" The prisoners are given nothing of value for donating all their money and life to helping the prison wardens to exponentially expand the number of incarcerated prisoner. However, the prisoners are occasionally given a small round of applause and a piece of paper with old english lettering on it that signify their attainment of total freedom.

Last edited:

Chuck J.

I'm interested in exactly when the first of these cherry-picked re-packaged lecture series came out. Did they exist pre-Hubbard death in 1986?

Series like:
The PTS/SP lectures
Money & Success lectures
The Whole Track lectures