Court finds schizophrenic teen not responsible for killing at Aussie Scientology HQ

Karen#1

Excerpt:

[The grand opening crowd at the Chatswood AO]

Two big takeaways this morning from the news in Australia that a schizophrenic 16-year-old was found not responsible for his 2019 killing of a security guard at Scientology’s new “Advanced Org” in a Sydney suburb:

— Our initial hunch that this was an “Elli Perkins” incident was spot on.

— And Scientology owes Leah Remini a huge apology. (Which it won’t give.)

Australia’s ABC news network has a lengthy story about a special Supreme Court hearing which found that the January 3, 2019 death of Scientology security guard Chih-Jen Yeh was a tragic result of a teenager’s mental illness.~~~READ MORE

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Excerpt:

[The grand opening crowd at the Chatswood AO]

Two big takeaways this morning from the news in Australia that a schizophrenic 16-year-old was found not responsible for his 2019 killing of a security guard at Scientology’s new “Advanced Org” in a Sydney suburb:

— Our initial hunch that this was an “Elli Perkins” incident was spot on.

— And Scientology owes Leah Remini a huge apology. (Which it won’t give.)

Australia’s ABC news network has a lengthy story about a special Supreme Court hearing which found that the January 3, 2019 death of Scientology security guard Chih-Jen Yeh was a tragic result of a teenager’s mental illness.~~~READ MORE

Whatever the cause, and whoever the target, the teen needs to be locked up so he is no longer a danger to others.

TheSneakster

This kid still murdered that guard.

Cat's Squirrel

Sure, which is why it's important to find out why he did it (schizophrenia seems the most likely bet from what I've read) in order to try and prevent similar incidents happening in the future. It's too late for this particular kid, but other Scientologists with children exhibiting mental health issues should learn from his mother's experience and seek prompt medical help for them.

You don't mess around with schizophrenia, which is a very serious mental illness (and by the way, schizophrenics in the UK, the country I know best, are about twenty times as likely to kill themselves as to kill any other person, despite the impression you might get from the papers).

Naturally, Miscavige and Pouw's attempt to capitalise on the tragedy by bringing Leah Remini into it when there isn't even any evidence that the kid saw or even knew of the series is contemptible, but truth has clearly ceased to matter to either of them.

P.S. Panopea Abrupta's comment below Tony's article made me laugh. It's easily searchable for but I think it's too sweary for this forum.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Also from the comments, Once Born's reply to another poster's claim that Miscavige's action doesn't make sense;

"It makes sense - but only from inside the bubble, to someone who has had no meaningful education, and only knows Scientology.
He is applying Scientology. Always attack. Turn accusations back against the accuser. He knows nothing else.
It never did work very well, but he doesn't know that. It's not working at all now - in fact it's counterproductive. He is either so out of touch with reality, now, that he doesn't know that either, or he is in denial.
However, his actions make sense to him in terms of Scientology - which is what makes him so predictable. We were waiting for something like this, and were surprised when it didn't come for the last episode. Now we know why. In Dave's mind, this is a carefully formulated and devastating counter-attack.
He will expect to be shown evidence of how effective it was. He will be. That will be enough for him. If reality does not align itself itself to Scientology so much the worse for reality."

Karakorum

Ron is the source that will lead you to grief
True.

The question is if he should this be seen as criminal intent, or just mental illness. I don't know that person, I trust the court system in Australia is smart enough to distinguish insane people for simple criminals.
Scientology doesn't know how to deal with mental illness. The big world does, although this are far from perfect. Psychology is still very far from reliably being able to cure schizophrenia.

Naturally, Miscavige and Pouw's attempt to capitalise on the tragedy by bringing Leah Remini into it when there isn't even any evidence that the kid saw or even knew of the series is contemptible, but truth has clearly ceased to matter to either of them.
You mean there ever was a time when truth mattered to them?

TheSneakster

Naturally, Miscavige and Pouw's attempt to capitalise [sic] on the tragedy by bringing Leah Remini into it when there isn't even any evidence that the kid saw or even knew of the series is contemptible, but truth has clearly ceased to matter to either of them.
I reckon that most of David "Darth Midget" Miscavige's actions could best be understood if he viewed as a violent, sociopathic grifter (slang word for confidence scammer). All he cares about is keeping the IAS and other donation scams going.

So, any and all negative media reports about his Church of Incessant Abusive Solicitation (IAS) must be attributed to Suppressive Enemies of Scientology which - according to D.M. - are being fought with the member's ongoing support of the IAS, Planetary Dissemination, Ideal Orgs, etc.

I have to wonder what D.M. told the membership about about Mario Majorski (AKA Samurai Sword Guy) back in 2008 or OT VIII Rex Fowler (who killed Thomas Ciancio) in 2011.

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
I have to wonder what D.M. told the membership about about Mario Majorski (AKA Samurai Sword Guy) back in 2008 or OT VIII Rex Fowler (who killed Thomas Ciancio) in 2011.
what did LRH tell the membership about the staff murder that Marty Rathbun witnessed in 1979? it seems to me like a surprising number of murders, not to mention suicides, have long been part of scientology, since at least the days of Gaul and Sharp, and Susan Meister -- and that DM follows the 'source' playbook more than than is often immediately obvious, though in a changed environment such as where the CoS can't as readily sweep killings under the rug like they may have done in cases such as that of David Sandweiss the Guardian's Office (GO) Agent.