Clearing the Planet: The Adoption of the Teachings of L. Ron Hubbard by Louis Farrakhan, & its Significance for the Eschatology of the Nation of Islam

ISNOINews

Independent Scientology and Nation of Islam news
Academic paper -- Clearing the Planet: The Adoption of the Teachings of L. Ron Hubbard by Louis Farrakhan, and its Significance for the Eschatology of the Nation of Islam

King, Jacob Michael.The Claremont Graduate University, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2014. 1563495

Screenshot_20210411-103011_1618162788937.png

Screenshot_20210411-103048_1618162818668.png

Screenshot_20210411-103101_1618162863165.png

Screenshot_20210411-103114_1618162911846.png

Screenshot_20210411-103127_1618162961519.png

Screenshot_20210411-103140_1618163021129.png

Screenshot_20210411-103151_1618163073603.png

Screenshot_20210411-103203_1618163127224.png

Screenshot_20210411-103214_1618163166125.png .

Screenshot_20210411-103223_1618163213167.png

/

ISNOINews

An apparently abridged version of the paper is available, in full, in New Perspectives on the Nation of Islam at page 218. See:

Clearing the Planet - Dianetics Auditing and the Eschatology of the Nation of Islam.

https://sohalibrary.com/item/download?id=44898#page=247

Screenshot_20210411-162720_1618183672783.png

Screenshot_20210411-115314_1618167578267.png
/

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Academic paper -- Clearing the Planet: The Adoption of the Teachings of L. Ron Hubbard by Louis Farrakhan, and its Significance for the Eschatology of the Nation of Islam

King, Jacob Michael.The Claremont Graduate University, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, 2014. 1563495

View attachment 10477

View attachment 10478

View attachment 10479

View attachment 10480

View attachment 10481

View attachment 10482

View attachment 10483

View attachment 10484

View attachment 10485 .

View attachment 10486

/

Fantastically and fanatically fascinating!

There comes a point when cults like Scientology and NOI no longer have to justify or even offer any semblance of a rational explanation for what they believe and do. To wit, NOI members doing clay demos that include both YAKUB and XENU---and their Scientology course supervisor giving them a pass, instead of giving them a routing form to ethics for "other practices".

The bizarre merger of the holy four founts of divine cosmic wisdom (Fard, Hubbard, Farrakhan & Miscavige) is testimony that cult leaders have no slightest thresholds of ridiculousness and rapaciousness that they are not willing to cross in telling/selling silly stories to their believers.

ISNOINews

Fantastically and fanatically fascinating!

There comes a point when cults like Scientology and NOI no longer have to justify or even offer any semblance of a rational explanation for what they believe and do. To wit, NOI members doing clay demos that include both YAKUB and XENU---and their Scientology course supervisor giving them a pass, instead of giving them a routing form to ethics for "other practices".

The bizarre merger of the holy four founts of divine cosmic wisdom (Fard, Hubbard, Farrakhan & Miscavige) is testimony that cult leaders have no slightest thresholds of ridiculousness and rapaciousness that they are not willing to cross in telling/selling silly stories to their believers.

I have to respectfully disagree that there is no justification or semblance of a rational explanation for what the Nation of Islam believes and does when it comes to Dianetics and Scientology. One topic in the Table of Contents particularly caught my attention regarding this issue:

Screenshot_20210411-103011_1618162788937_1618168760744.png

Indeed, it made me smile that an academic noted what I have long observed. I have listened to numerous lectures by Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad where he has taught NOI members that when they engage in abusive or wrongful conduct (e.g., striking their wives or children), it is because they have adopted the "wining valence" of their White former slave masters.

More generally, Minister Tony Muhammad teaches NOI members that they suffer, in present time, from the engrams White slaveholders inflicted on their ancestors 150 years or more ago.

As I have previously noted, even assuming Dianetics and Scientology were valid, anyone who knows Scientology theory knows that Minister Tony Muhammad's "winning valence" and "engram theories" are incorrect when applied to the descendants of slaves. This is because valences and engrams do not follow the Genetic line, they follow the Thetan line. (No one audits their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. engrams thinking that they are their own.) At the time of slavery in the U.S., a current day NOI member (i.e., the Thetan, the "I," the person himself) was just as likely to have been a Klingon, a Cardassian -- or a slaveholder in the U.S. Indeed, statistically it is extremely unlikely that a current day NOI member was ever a slave in the U.S.

Nonetheless, contrary to having no justification or semblance of a rational explanation, the NOI's adoption of Scientology's valence and engram theories (albeit incorrectly) as described above serves important political, social and group dynamic purposes.

The (mis)application of engram theory makes all past wrongs present, actively causing harm and dysfunction in present time. It makes Black people current and ongoing victims of past wrongs in a very real physical and psychological sense.

The (mis)application of valence theory tends to: (1) eliminate or minimize the responsibility of Black people for their own wrongdoing; and (2) place the blame for such wrongdoing on the White people who engaged in wrongdoing generations ago, and whose "winning valences" Black people adopted. The (mis)application of valence theory also suggests a form of therapy -- i.e., get rid of those "White people" valences. More generally, if crudely, and especially when coupled with NOI theology (e.g., Yakub), don't be like White people.

/

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I have to respectfully disagree that there is no justification or semblance of a rational explanation for what the Nation of Islam believes and does when it comes to Dianetics and Scientology. One topic in the Table of Contents particularly caught my attention regarding this issue:

View attachment 10502

Indeed, it made me smile that an academic noted what I have long observed. I have listened to numerous lectures by Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad where he has taught NOI members that when they engage in abusive or wrongful conduct (e.g., striking their wives or children), it is because they have adopted the "wining valence" of their White former slave masters.

More generally, Minister Tony Muhammad teaches NOI members that they suffer, in present time, from the engrams White slaveholders inflicted on their ancestors 150 years or more ago.

As I have previously noted, even assuming Dianetics and Scientology were valid, anyone who knows Scientology theory knows that Minister Tony Muhammad's "winning valence" and "engram theories" are incorrect when applied to the descendants of slaves. This is because valences and engrams do not follow the Genetic line, they follow the Thetan line. (No one audits their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. engrams thinking that they are their own.) At the time of slavery in the U.S., a current day NOI member (i.e., the Thetan, the "I," the person himself) was just as likely to have been a Klingon, a Cardassian -- or a slaveholder in the U.S. Indeed, statistically it is extremely unlikely that a current day NOI member was ever a slave in the U.S.

Nonetheless, contrary to having no justification or semblance of a rational explanation, the NOI's adoption of Scientology's valence and engram theories (albeit incorrectly) as described above serves important political, social and group dynamic purposes.

The (mis)application of engram theory makes all past wrongs present, actively causing harm and dysfunction in present time. It makes Black people current and ongoing victims of past wrongs in a very real physical and psychological sense.

The (mis)application of valence theory tends to: (1) eliminate or minimize the responsibility of Black people for their own wrongdoing; and (2) place the blame for such wrongdoing on the White people who engaged in wrongdoing generations ago, and whose "winning valences" Black people adopted. The (mis)application of valence theory also suggests a form of therapy -- i.e., get rid of those "White people" valences. More generally, if crudely, and especially when coupled with NOI theology (e.g., Yakub), don't be like White people.

/
Outstanding analysis!

I can't improve upon that, but there are two (2) lingering thoughts I have after reading your post:

1) Your observation that: "The (mis)application of valence theory tends to: (1) eliminate or minimize the responsibility of Black people for their own wrongdoing; and (2) place the blame for such wrongdoing on the White people who engaged in wrongdoing generations ago, and whose "winning valences" Black people adopted." From that technical perspective, I think that Scientology case supervisors and auditors need to slightly tweak the auditing commands when an NOI pc in session begins to natter about white devils. Instead of observing that they are "critical" and pulling their missed withholds and hidden crimes, the auditor should simply ask them: "What has the white devil done to you that forced you to have evil purposes and go criminal?" Then if it did not immediately F/N with all consciousness of guilt blowing off, the auditor should continue repeating the auditing question, varying it each time in order to discover hidden charge. By way of example, "What has whitey done to you?", "What have peckerwood crackers done to you?", "What have them honky trailer park livin', red-neck murderin' racist bitch-ass white mofo done to you?", et al.

2. Your reference to this: ". . .the person himself was just as likely to have been a Klingon, a Cardassian -- or a slaveholder in the U.S." I actually thought it was a typo since you were mentioning viral tv personalities like Klingons. I assumed for a moment that your auto-correct mistakenly changed it from: ". . . the person himself was just as likely to have been a Klingon, a Kardashian...." (that was kinda confusing, so I actually had to look up "Cardassian" at which moment I discovered it was another Star Trek reference. I never actually saw any Star Trek TV episodes or films. Seriously. LOL).

Last edited:

ISNOINews

I am pleased that in his Introduction King, the author, used my favorite word in this area:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Farrakhan, in light of this discovery, has performed an elaborate syncretism between two seemingly disparate New Religious Movements.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

/

Veda

-snip-

engrams do not follow the Genetic line, they follow the Thetan line.

-snip-
During December 1952, Hubbard implied that most humans - other than his admirers - were Genetic Entities.

He also described a composite time track which consisted of "the genetic line, being the evolutionary chain on Earth."

And another time track, which is the "thetan line."

In humans, according to Hubbard, these two lines were merged, but the influence of the thetan would vary depending on his aberrations and also on his "theta endowment." What happens when the "G.E." has more "theta" than the "thetan"? Or if there is no "thetan," and just a "G.E."? (And I've heard Scientologists seriously refer to certain types - such as hairy,"lowbrow," construction workers - as "Genetic Entities," which is regarded as lower as than a "wog" which would be a composite.)

And then there's Hubbard's idea of "minions" who naturally seek out a "Big Thetan" to worship.

Of course, the Scientologists each see themselves as being Big Thetans. (Or at least, typically, are told they are when being recruited.)

Then there's Hubbard's ideas - circa 1967/made even crazier in 1978 - where the universe is "crawling" with all kinds of weird and degraded "theta" (and "entheta") entities.

(As I recall, G. Filbert, in his photocopied book, Excalibur Revisited, has an elaborate hierarchic system - or scale - beginning with AAA beings, down to B, to C, to E-Targs, etc. Anyone with a sufficiently strong sense of morbid curiosity can look it up.)

It's not discussed publicly, but there is a kind of caste system built into Hubbard's cosmology.

Below was atop a pack handed out to attendees at a special event featuring the RTC, the Finance Dictator and his Finance Police, in 1983, at various locations. It illustrates the mind set/gives some idea...

On the one hand, completely aside from any Dianetic or Scientology theory, there seems to be something to the idea of a group of people taking on the behavioral characteristics of those who rule them. For example, the cruel English Lord, and his henchmen, inflicting abuse and starvation on the Irish peasants resulted in a certain amount of crazy sadistic Irishmen, and this seemed to pass down from grandfather to father to son, etc.

Sometimes things become embedded in a culture. An off hand example is the little country of Hungary, which, although its inhabitants probably did not like the invading Huns from the East, noneteless named their country after them. Go figure.

Anyway, from what I understand, the overseer of most black slaves was not the slave master but a person who worked for the slave master. These overseers tended to be poor uneducated white men, who spoke in double negatives, used prolific profanity, were impulsively violent, drank too much, gambled, and were promiscuous.

Then there was a smaller percentage of slaves who lived in the plantation mansion with the slave master. Malcolm X referred to them derisively as the "house negroes." They had a much easier time of it. The plantation owner, at least, spoke English properly.

So there seems to be something here which might be addressed in some fashion, and in all groups, but, unfortunately, the mishmash of Scientology, with its ego trips and secrets, offers as much insanity as it does sanity.

Where this will end up is anyone's guess.

ISNOINews

During December 1952, Hubbard implied that most humans - other than his admirers - were Genetic Entities.

He also described a composite time track which consisted of "the genetic line, being the evolutionary chain on Earth."

In humans, according to Hubbard, these two lines were merged, but the influence of the thetan would vary depending on his aberrations and also on his "theta endowment." What happens when the "G.E." has more "theta" than the "thetan"? Or if there is no "thetan," and just a "G.E."? (And I've heard Scientologists seriously refer to certain types - such as hairy,"lowbrow," construction workers - as "Genetic Entities," which is regarded as lower as than a "wog" which would be a composite.)

And then there's Hubbard's idea of "minions" who naturally seek out a "Big Thetan" to worship.

Of course, the Scientologists each see themselves as being Big Thetans. (Or at least, typically, are told they are when being recruited.)

Then there's Hubbard's ideas - circa 1967/made even crazier in 1978 - where the universe is "crawling" with all kinds of weird and degraded "theta" (and "entheta") entities.

(As I recall, G. Filbert, in his photocopied book, Excalibur Revisited, has an elaborate hierarchic system - or scale - beginning with AAA beings, down to B, to C, to E-Targs, etc. Anyone with a sufficiently strong sense of morbid curiosity can look it up.)

It's not discussed publicly, but there is a kind of caste system built into Hubbard's cosmology.

Below was atop a pack handed out to attendees at a special event featuring the RTC, the Finance Dictator and his Finance Police, in 1983, at various locations. It illustrates the mind set/gives some idea...

On the one hand, completely aside from any Dianetic or Scientology theory, there seems to be something to the idea of a group of people taking on the behavioral characteristics of those who rule them. For example, the cruel English Lord, and his henchmen, inflicting abuse and starvation on the Irish peasants resulted in a certain amount of crazy sadistic Irishmen, and this seemed to pass down from grandfather to father to son, etc.

Sometimes things become embedded in a culture. An off hand example is the little country of Hungary, which, although its inhabitants probably did not like the invading Huns from the East, noneteless named their country after them. Go figure.

Anyway, from what I understand, the overseer of most black slaves was not the slave master but a person who worked for the slave master. These overseers tended to be poor uneducated white men, who spoke in double negatives, used prolific profanity, were impulsively violent, drank too much, gambled, and were promiscuous.

Then there was a smaller percentage of slaves who lived in the plantation mansion with the slave master. Malcolm X referred to them derisively as the "house negroes." They had a much easier time of it. The plantation owner, at least, spoke English properly.

So there seems to be something here which might be addressed in some fashion, and in all groups, but, unfortunately, the mishmash of Scientology, with its ego trips and secrets, offers as much insanity as it does sanity.

I was aware of of that. However, as I said, in my experience no one audits their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. engrams thinking that they are their own. Or addresses their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. valences thinking that they are their own.

Again in my experience, when people doing Dianetics or Scientology go "past life," they don't start talking about their biological mother's, father's, or a granparent's experiences.

But maybe NOI members do?

But how would that work? One would inherit the engrams of 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great granparents, 16 great great grand parents, etc.? And I thought a unitary, solitary Thetan had it rough.

In any event, even if the NOI and Minister Tony Muhammad were "right" per the Dianetics and Scientology engram theory, that would not detract from my main point regarding the political, social and group dynamic purposes promoted by their application of such theory. On the contrary, their being "right" would serve to support my point. They would have a stronger argument under the engram theory that the injuries inflicted on their ancestors were causing them present day physical and emotional harm. They would have a stronger argument under the valence theory that the "winning valence of the slave master" adopted by their ancestors was causing them to engage in dysfunctional and nonoptimal behavior in present time.

/

Last edited:

Zertel

View attachment 10477

View attachment 10478

View attachment 10479

View attachment 10480

View attachment 10481

View attachment 10482

View attachment 10483

View attachment 10484

View attachment 10485 .

View attachment 10486

/
I just now read all nine pages including the footnotes. It was interesting and informative. The author has some good insights. Thanks for posting it. 😊

ISNOINews

I just now read all nine pages including the footnotes. It was interesting and informative. The author has some good insights. Thanks for posting it. 😊
I was only able to post the Introduction; the body of the paper is pay-walled. However, as I noted above, an apparently abridged version of the paper is available, in full, in New Perspectives on the Nation of Islam at page 218. See:

Clearing the Planet - Dianetics Auditing and the Eschatology of the Nation of Islam.

https://sohalibrary.com/item/download?id=44898#page=247.

Screenshot_20210411-162720_1618183672783.png

Screenshot_20210411-115314_1618167578267.png

/

Zertel

Way back in the 1970's I was fishing with a scn buddy in some bay near Los Angeles and we were catching a lot of "trash fish". I think they were called tom cod. My buddy said "The field niggers will eat them but the house niggers won't touch them." That was then and this is now.

Veda

I was aware of of that. However, as I said, in my experience no one audits their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. engrams thinking that they are their own. Or addresses their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. valences thinking that they are their own.

Again in my experience, when people doing Dianetics or Scientology go "past life," they don't start talking about their biological mother's, father's, or a grandparents' experiences.
From my experience, having audited this stuff, and having examined hundreds of pc folders, much of it is imaginary.
But maybe NOI members do?

But how would that work? One would inherit the engrams of 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great granparents, 16 great great grand parents, etc.? And I thought a unitary, solitary Thetan had it rough.

In any event, even if the NOI and Minister Tony Muhammad were "right" per the Dianetics and Scientology engram theory, that would not detract from my main point regarding the political, social and group dynamic purposes promoted by their application of such theory. On the contrary, their being "right" would serve to support my point. They would have a stronger argument under the engram theory that the injuries inflicted on their ancestors were causing them present day physical and emotional harm. They would have a stronger argument under the valence theory that the "winning valence of the slave master" adopted by their ancestors was causing them to engage in dysfunctional and nonoptimal behavior in present time.

/
I guess it would fall under the category of contagion of aberration.

Parents abuse a child. Children grow up and became parents and abuse their children, etc.

ISNOINews

I guess it would fall under the category of contagion of aberration.

Parents abuse a child. Children grow up and became parents and abuse their children, etc.
That is not engram theory, though. That is standard psychology, even if it falls under Hubbard label of contagion of abberation.

/

ISNOINews

It can be engram theory if this lifetime incidents are addressed.

Remember, most NOI people only use 1950 Dianetics.
Obviously, the engram theory would apply if the PC's father punched the PC in the face, giving the PC a bruise and an engram. But that is not the Nation of Islam and Minister Tony Muhammad are talking about.

What the Nation of Islam and Minister Tony Muhammad seek to address is a White slave-master whipping the PC's ancestor generations ago, causing that ancestor to have an engram, which engram was passed down through the generations to the PC, causing the PC harm in present time.

The Nation of Islam and Minister Tony Muhammad also seek to address the peoblem of the ancestor adopting the "winning valence" of the White slave-master, that valence being passed down through the generations to the PC, causing the PC to act aggressively and dysfunctionally in present time.

As I said, I don't understand how either scenario is consistent with Dianetics / Scientology engram theory because both scenarios require the engram or valence to be passed down the Genetic line, as opposed to the Thetan "line" (which really doen't involve "passing down" or.a "line"; the engram or valence would just stay with the eternal Thetan unless erased).

/