Chris Dunn evidence of advanced technology in Egypt

mimsey borogrove

Yesterday I finished reading Chris's book "The Giza Power Plant" It is a technological tour de force. On ESMB V1.0 when I would post stuff about Egyptian technology I was frequently rebutted with commentary showing how these stone blocks could be cut with bronze saws that rubbed sand back and forth. While that is completely true in limestone which is a soft stone, the problem gets much worse cutting granite.

In Saqqara there are stone boxes that were cut from a single block of Aswan pink Granite weighing about 70 tons. A Cadillac Escalade weighs about 2 1/2 tons to give you some comparison. These blocks are 7 1/2 ft wide, 9 ft high, and 13 1/2 ft long. The insides are dead flat. This was proved out using modern precision machinist's measuring equipment. The lid is 90 degrees from the sides. The inner sides are exactly parallel to each other. The lid was cut from the block and fits perfectly. Chris has consulted with modern stone fabricators and they are at a loss how they could be done using our modern equipment. While we have power wire saws and the like that cut granite using corundum with ease, which could cut off the lid, it is still difficult to excavate out the interior, and get it perfectly flat etc. Try doing that with a bronze saw and sand.

Here is Chris measuring the inside corner for 90 degrees true where the inside wall meets the lid of one of the boxes:

This is a typical modern wire saw shown cutting multiple granite slabs for counter tops:

I mention this because - this same level of precision is found in the Giza pyramid. The descending shaft is 350 long and overall is within 1/4" dead straight, and the top 150 ft. of the shaft is within .020 inch of being straight, running up at an angle inside the pyramid. The level of planning and execution to construct such a shaft as the pyramid was being constructed is a fantastic accomplishment. However, that is but one of many examples in the book of precision and tolerances on a scale that we use in manufacturing today. Precision is what our society runs on - without precision all parts would have to be hand fit like they did before the industrial revolution. The computer monitor or cell phone you are reading this on could not exist without high precision. Why would you need build with such fantastic precision a building that is alleged to be a pharaoh's tomb?

His book goes into the whys and hows of the great pyramid - the raison d'etre of the need for precision. Facinating book.

Mimsey

Examples of advanced machining in Egypt in this link at Chris's website:

Last edited:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yesterday I finished reading Chris's book "The Giza Power Plant" It is a technological tour de force. On ESMB V1.0 when I would post stuff about Egyptian technology I was frequently rebutted with commentary showing how these stone blocks could be cut with bronze saws that rubbed sand back and forth. While that is completely true in limestone which is a soft stone, the problem gets much worse cutting granite.

<snip>

His book goes into the whys and hows of the great pyramid - the raison d'etre of the need for precision. Facinating book.

Mimsey

Examples of advanced machining in Egypt in this link at Chris's website:

I'm sure Christopher Dunn and Erich von Däniken are grateful to people like you who pay their rent.

mimsey borogrove

While I can understand the von Daniken comment - you are way off the mark with Chris Dunn. He is not a proponent of aliens constructing the pyramids. He is a trained machinist who has made jet engine parts among other things and is very qualified to discuss the quality of construction, the precision, the techniques that were used in constructing the largest and most studied Giza pyramid. I don't really want to take the time to break down his theory and explain it here, but it is a very thorough, well researched theory that answers many of the anomalies that other have failed to align or incorporate.

But I am not surprised by your comment either. Science has constantly had it's doubters, for any of a thousand reasons. It is the nature of the beast - it has to evolve and questioning it's concepts is part of the process.

Anyway, here's who the author is:

Christopher Dunn has an extensive background as a craftsman, starting his career as an indentured apprentice in his hometown of Manchester, England. Recruited by an aerospace manufacturing company, he immigrated to the United States in 1969. Over the past 49 years, Chris has worked at every level of high-tech manufacturing from machinist, toolmaker, programmer and operator of high-power industrial lasers, Project Engineer and Laser Operations Manager. For the past 16 year, he has served as Human Resource Director for a Midwest aerospace manufacturer.

Chris's pyramid odyssey began in 1977 after he read Peter Tompkins' book Secrets of the Great Pyramid. His immediate reaction after learning of the Great Pyramid's precision and design characteristics was to consider that this edifice may have had an original purpose that differed from conventional opinion. After further research and study of source material on various theories, Chris concluded that it must have originally been built to provide a highly technical society with energy—in short, it was a very large machine. Discovering the purpose of this machine and documenting his case has taken the better part of twenty years of research and following the 1998 publication of Chris’s book, “The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt” which describes a holistic energy device that is harmonically coupled with the Earth and its inhabitants.

Chris has published over a dozen magazine articles, including the much quoted "Advanced Machining in Ancient Egypt" in Analog, August 1984, and has had his research referenced in over a dozen books on Egypt. In the United States he has appeared on PAX Television, the Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, Lifetime Television and most recently on the History Channel in the Ancient Alien episode “The Evidence”.

Chris’s second book, entitled “Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs” was published by Inner Traditions/Bear & Company in June of 2010. In this work, Chris focuses on an important aspect of his research into the manufacturing capabilities of the ancient Egyptians and through his engineer’s eye and camera, reveals to his readers previously overlooked magisterial characteristics of Egyptian architectural and manufacturing wizardry

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

I have read and watched a lot of documentaries about this. And I am so glad Zawi Hawass is out of the picture now.

I had long been fascinated with the proposition that the pyramids were somehow a water pump during the floods. I think I remember the theory being laid out in the book The Awesome Life Force. I read it back in 1985 at the home of one of the independent auditors. It was a fat book/ orange spiral binder at the time. It had a lot of Tesla's designs in it, and he was explaining magnetic fields to me.

1591127098178.png1591131536455.png
In my opinion, some of the ancients were mind walkers, moving between worlds and had to be able to change the energies they had with them. If the world is mental, then you have to be able to 'tune' it in or out of your reality. We, on Earth, live in a permanent domain, it does not shift. Our reality is a concrete one. We like it that way and feel secure that matter will keep its shape and remain for our return, just as we left it. But, what if......others had the key codes to reassemble it. It's all moving molecules conforming to an 'image' or 'idea' that is steadfast. Maybe those pyramids are a symbol of the land of steadfast-ness, solidity, and unwavering sameness. Who better to appreciate these qualities than those whose worlds had been fluid and etheric.

The ancient Hermetic principals say the world is mental. In the Kybalion, the philosophy is laid out in these pdf pages.

About mind, matter.

Last edited:

The Oracle

Not the same Oracle from a decade ago
I just received a post on social media. A friend of mine, a Scientologist, posted this with a straight face:

"Ok this is a plaster demo of good 8c, dating from the Egyptian empire.
Not a joke, what else could it be? "

"Look at that wall" "Thank You." "Touch that wall" "Thank you"

1591128856561.png

mimsey borogrove

I'm sure Christopher Dunn and Erich von Däniken are grateful to people like you who pay their rent.
I do want to point out something - this book was not written with a bottle of scotch in one hand and a typewriter in the other. It is the product of years of research.

I agree the title is off putting. However, when you consider what a power plant is - a machine for converting one form of energy into another, this theory of his could be workable.

A coal power plant burns coal to make heat to make steam to drive turbines - the downside? Acid rain as well as smog and other contaminates going up the smoke stack and out into the air we breath.

Nuke power plants have radioactive waste with a half life of thousands of years.

Damming rivers for electric generators are also destructive of the local environment, impede movement of fish etc.

The earth is in constant movement seismically, as well as from the influence of the moon orbiting the earth. It has a very low level vibration. What if you could amplify that vibration and convert it into energy? There would be little if any, toxic waste.

That is essentially what the pyramid does. It has long been known it's dimensions are in an exact ratio to the diameter of the earth. Why? So it would resonate properly. As a musician you are familiar with resonation and the length of the string is very important to have an exact on key resonation. Building the pyramid to the dimensions would cause it to resonate with the earths vibration, correct? In theory at least?

The grand gallery is very carefully constructed to resonate at an exact note. This is widely known as well.

Granite has quartz crystals in it - and quartz has a piezoelectric property - it converts mechanical into electrical energy. The microphones you use operate on the same principal. The massive granite beams (see 5 below) suspended above the grand gallery are each tuned to the same specific note. Getting them to vibrate at that note would convert the earth's vibration into power. Clean power without toxic waste. It's a great concept.

If China could do something like that - think how it would clean up the air if all those coal burning plants could be taken off the line. His book breaks down all the steps in detail of how the pyramid functions.

Mimsey

Last edited:

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I do want to point out something - this book was not written with a bottle of scotch in one hand and a typewriter in the other. It is the product of years of research.

I agree the title is off putting. However, when you consider what a power plant is - a machine for converting one form of energy into another, this theory of his could be workable.

A coal power plant burns coal to make heat to make steam to drive turbines - the downside? Acid rain as well as smog and other contaminates going up the smoke stack and out into the air we breath.

Nuke power plants have radioactive waste with a half life of thousands of years.

Damming rivers for electric generators are also destructive of the local environment, impede movement of fish etc.

The earth is in constant movement seismically, as well as from the influence of the moon orbiting the earth. It has a very low level vibration. What if you could amplify that vibration and convert it into energy? There would be little if any, toxic waste.

That is essentially what the pyramid does. It has long been known it's dimensions are in an exact ratio to the diameter of the earth. Why? So it would resonate properly. As a musician you are familiar with resonation and the length of the string is very important to have an exact on key resonation. Building the pyramid to the dimensions would cause it to resonate with the earths vibration, correct? In theory at least?

The grand gallery is very carefully constructed to resonate at an exact note. This is widely known as well.

Granite has quartz crystals in it - and quartz has a piezoelectric property - it converts mechanical into electrical energy. The microphones you use operate on the same principal. The massive granite beams (see 5 below) suspended above the grand gallery are each tuned to the same specific note. Getting them to vibrate at that note would convert the earth's vibration into power. Clean power without toxic waste. It's a great concept.

If China could do something like that - think how it would clean up the air if all those coal burning plants could be taken off the line. His book breaks down all the steps in detail of how the pyramid functions.

Mimsey
Assuming this theory would work in practice, since the circumference (and therefore the diameter) of the Earth was only calculated with any accuracy (by Eratosthenes of Cyrene) several thousand years after the pyramids were built, it's very difficult to see how they got it to function. Obviously I haven't read the book, but just going on your rough outline, just because granite has quartz crystals in it, it doesn't automatically mean it will generate power. Anyway, I'm not buying it, sorry.

mimsey borogrove

I can see your point of view. It's a very main stream one, that the pyramids are but a couple thousand years old. The sphinx is easily 10K years old, as most likely is the rest of the complex. It has water erosion that dates it back that far, and likely the civilization then, was not reliant on copper tools. The big argument is: so where are the tools already? To date they have only found bronze and copper tools, and so they argue those were the tools used despite the fact they are incapable of cutting granite like this:

Another view if the block showing the quality and consistency of the curve.

See how flat it is? That's mighty tough to do with a bronze saw and sand.

mimsey borogrove

The book goes into much more detail, including the use of resonators to reinforce the pitch and volume of the vibration. One of the phenomena he explains was the explosion inside the pyramid. There are 2 shafts leading down to the Queens chamber, one was filled with dilute hydrochloric acid the other with zinc chloride solution. When the mixed together they produced hydrogen gas. Why in hell would they use something so potentially explosive, at first glance makes no sense. But hydrogen gas, because it's atom is so basic - it can be excited to produce a lot of output.

Picture the massive granite beams vibrating and the piezo electric effect creating high frequency radio waves, which excite the hydrogen electron into a higher energy state. The output shaft curiously is sized 8.4 inches. The wave length of hydrogen microwave energy is 8.309 inches. So the pyramid was filled with the gas and in effect worked like a maser. Much like a laser, the maser's output was directed from the grand gallery into an opening and up the southern shaft. However something went wrong - obviously oxygen leaked in and ka bam.

There is evidence they tried to repair it, but perhaps it was too damaged to be gotten back on line? One of the shafts was possibly lined with gold plated iron - but it has been stripped out. There's speculation about that - who knows for sure? There's plenty of evidence for the explosion though.

"There are several features in the inner chambers of the Great Pyramid that cannot be explained by the structure merely being utilized as a tomb for a king, whether an actual or symbolic tomb. As mentioned in both my and Chris’s book, the King’s Chamber presents several anomalies. There are cracks in the granite beams on the southeastern ceiling of the room. I first noticed these cracks in 1992. Egyptologists have explained the cracks away as being the result of an earthquake, but there is no evidence of seismic damage in either the Descending Passage or Subterranean Chamber, which would have been closer to the epicenter. The SCA (Supreme Council of Antiquities) attempted to repair these cracks in 1998 but they are still evident today.

"The walls of the King’s Chamber can be seen separating from the floor and seem to bulge out, suggesting that an explosion or powerful energy pulse acted upon them. Chris Dunn is also the only investigator to remark that the stone box in the King’s Chamber (erroneously referred to as a “sarcophagus”) is today a chocolate brown color, not the original rose color of the Aswan granite it is from. The color change could be due to tremendous heat, which could indicate it was chemically altered by an explosion or fire in the chamber in antiquity. If a sample of the box could be obtained, it could be tested to determine if this was so.

"There are other anomalies to be found in the Grand Gallery. First discovered by Chris Dunn in May of 1999 when we were in Egypt together, the upper wall of the Grand Gallery, near the entrance into the King’s Chamber, is made of granite, not limestone. The entire wall shows deep dark stains that may be the result of being exposed to tremendous heat, perhaps from an explosion. Along the side ramps of the gallery are several rectangular holes or sockets, evenly spaced throughout the entire distance of the ramps. Some Egyptologists, such as Mark Lehner and Zahi Hawass, have speculated that statues of Khufu, the supposed builder of the Great Pyramid, were situated in these holes, but no evidence of any statues has ever been found in the pyramid. Chris Dunn has speculated that some sort of devices, perhaps Helmholtz Resonators, may have been inserted in these slots to amplify the energy produced in the pyramid. There is evidence that these resonators, or some other devices, may have exploded during the proposed cataclysmic event that occurred in the pyramid as there are burn or scorch marks on the ceiling of the Grand Gallery directly above and corresponding to the slots on the side ramps. This also may be why no traces of the resonators have also ever been found.

More at link:

Hatshepsut

I agree that the technology used was advanced.

It's a stretch to say the pyramid was a power plant.

Why no power now?
No Nile River rushing there?

Just a thought here. But why do we casually accept that so many of their works of art depict human-like, yet NOT really human beings. Maybe there were non-human actors on the construction sites but you'd have to regress workers thru hypnosis to get them to recall. Alien mind wiping?

Last edited:

mimsey borogrove

No Nile River rushing there?

Just a thought here. But why do we casually accept that so many of their works of art depict human-like, yet NOT really human beings. Maybe there were non-human actors on the construction sites but you'd have to regress workers thru hypnosis to get them to recall. Alien mind wiping?
The Nile runs close by though in those days it flooded annually. There's no need for aliens etc. - homo sapiens have been around for what? 200K years? We went from a virtual stone age existence to our "modern" civilization in a few thousand years. Who knows how many times our civilization has been almost completely wiped out, only to regrow to a technological society?

For example, there was a major loss of human DNA during the younger Dryas event which wiped out all fauna in north America that weighed over 100 lbs, including humans. The sea level rose 300 feet in a few hundred years. I have no idea how Al Gore, in a previous incarnation during that inundation fared, but it must have been engrammatic enough for him to rant about it this life. :hattip:

So, my dear, what if the sculptures are perfectly accurate representations of a people whose DNA was lost during the Younger Dryas? They are really wonderful representations of somebody. Mimsey

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, people freeze to death. It shrinks the gene pool.

People have been around a lot longer than 200K years.

mimsey borogrove

More about the Y chromosome bottleneck. Something I didn't know, the relationship between temperature and the sex of the newborn child, which he discuss toward the end of this 6 minute video. The colder it is - the less male children. Is this some sort of genetic birth control? It does make sense: less males = less births = less demand on restricted resources. And speaking tribally, it equals less fighting, more nurturing, more healing.

mimsey borogrove

More females = more births, needed to compensate for the increase in freezing deaths.
I guess. I would think the opposite because, if there's less resources, having a lower population would be a good goal to conserve what resources were available. But maybe you're right.

Back to the power plant - If it did put out a constant outflow of hydrogen microwave energy, I wonder how one would convert that to usable energy? Any ideas?

Mimsey

mimsey borogrove

I have started Chris's second book "Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt." This book, was inspired looking at the various statues etc, and his realizing - there was much more going on than is generally credited for. I guess it is all about frame of reference. If you believe that there's no tools to be found, that they must not have existed. And so your default is to go with what you assume is the extent of their knowledge.

However, that precludes a close examination of the statues etc. and questioning how were they produced. One forgets how easily technology is lost. There's no record of the ignition procedure of the Saturn 5 rocket motors that put men on the moon. That was only a few years ago they were used.

Look at the Titanic - it's rusting away with rapidity. In a few decades it will be a pile of ceramic plates etc. that the water couldn't destroy.

1592060798569.jpeg

The first interesting thing about the Ramses sculptures is their symmetry. When you look at a face you see differences from right to left, but when you sculpt there are more differences - to make a sculpture of a face by hand it is exceedingly difficult to make the right match the left. Yet these sculptures are extremely accurately symmetrical. When you take a photograph, make a transparency, and flip it over and lay it on the first - the accuracy is astounding.

When you measure the image digitally it puts numbers on the symmetry.
1592059640702.jpeg

There's another interesting design feature - the scaling of the face using the golden triangle, the locations of the circles of the eyes, mouth, cheeks, lips. This grid is scaled on the mouth, which is proportioned to the golden triangle.

1592059885642.jpeg

The smile seems a bit odd, but when you consider it was made to look like a normal smile, when viewed at our eye level, it no longer looks odd, it looks normal. Had the designer / artistconstructed it with a normal smile, seen from below it would look like a frown. The designer of these sculptures was aware of that visual aspect, considering the size of these sculptures, compensated the design. Look how they compare to the tourists.

1592060218842.jpeg

So one wonders how this was achieved? While some of these are limestone, many are granite - an exceedingly difficult stone to sculpt in. That is what the book is about.

Last edited: