Chick Corea at the Garden Pavilion

SuperstarNeilC

When I worked at CC lNT, in 1992, the Garden Pavillion had just been built, and one of the first concerts held in it was Chick Corea live. The thinking was that Chick was so popular that *no* advertising was required, no posters, handbills, flyers or anything. It was said he was so popular that only “Word of Mouth” was sufficient to fill the (400?) capacity venue. So for two weeks before the concert the word of mouth was set in motion, with the Sea Org Execs displaying big self-satisfied grins on their faces, confident that the concert would be a huge Success.

Anyway, a few hours before the event it became apparent that much less people would be present than they anticipated. This sent the Execs into a flurry of flustered action as they commandeered staff to grab the phones and begin phoning around L.A., desperately imploring people to cancel all their plans and scoot straight over to Celebrity Centre.

It finally transpired they couldn’t fill the Pavillion and Chick played his concert with rows of empty seats. The virtuoso pianist was fuming. There was Hell to pay for the Div 6 (public division) staff, and they were all assigned the Lower Condition of TREASON.

stratty

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
When I worked at CC lNT, in 1992, the Garden Pavillion had just been built, and one of the first concerts held in it was Chick Corea live. The thinking was that Chick was so popular that *no* advertising was required, no posters, handbills, flyers or anything. It was said he was so popular that only “Word of Mouth” was sufficient to fill the (400?) capacity venue. So for two weeks before the concert the word of mouth was set in motion, with the Sea Org Execs displaying big self-satisfied grins on their faces, confident that the concert would be a huge Success.

Anyway, a few hours before the event it became apparent that much less people would be present than they anticipated. This sent the Execs into a flurry of flustered action as they commandeered staff to grab the phones and begin phoning around L.A., desperately imploring people to cancel all their plans and scoot straight over to Celebrity Centre.

It finally transpired they couldn’t fill the Pavillion and Chick played his concert with rows of empty seats. The virtuoso pianist was fuming. There was Hell to pay for the Div 6 (public division) staff, and they were all assigned the Lower Condition of TREASON.
Can't stand the geezer. I wouldn't have gone even if they'd paid me to go.

Karakorum

Broke ranks over 10 years ago, never looked back
Big Ego. Talented musician. Imagine what he COULD have done if he hadn't invested 50+ years in Flubtard's scienbollocky!
I think he either changed, or he somehow really liked SO members. I remember him as a soft-spoken, rather meek dude who would never cause problems or give us any shit. In fact some people told me he would deliberately extend discussions with SO members or just "hang out" so they would get a rest.

I recall people saying he used to have temper tantrums and shout, but I never seen him do it. I can't even imagine him doing that.