Chicago Is Getting Old Fast

HelluvaHoax!

All those ancient Scientologists being recruited from other failed orgs are being posted in Chicago's HGC

(Hubbard Geriatric Center)

PRO TIP: If any of those newly recruited folks had any slightest value as a staff member, the donating org would never in a billion years have voluntarily surrendered them to another even worse org 1000 miles away.

THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED: Telex sent from booming org to Chicago org: "Hey, our top registrar has been raking in over $700,000 a week for the past 3 years. We don't need him really so we are donating him to Chicago. It's because we want Chicago to win the Birthday Game, we are just tired of winning it and (truthfully) have run out of space to warehouse all those massive bowling trophies."

Last edited:

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
PRO TIP: If any of those newly recruited folks had any slightest value as a staff member, the donating org would never in a billion years have voluntarily surrendered them to another even worse org 1000 miles away.
from what i gather upper level $cn has a long history of ripping off the local orgs, so is it not possible that int management might have dictated to some that they were going to have to give up selected staff to help out the 'alliance'?

also, let's not forget that the new Chicago idle morgue was apparently made ready to open 2 years ago (this is a Sep. 2020 pic) with reports of staff in the building -- and then embalmed again, with the signs covered back up and the windows papered over, in some sort of inscrutable fail:

Scn Chicago 2020 Sep lit up.jpg

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
"and then embalmed again, with the signs covered back up and the windows papered over"
This is it in Aug 2021. Imagine driving to downtown Chicago after work at 5:30,
when it's already dark, finding a parking spot somewhere, trudging through deep
snow and being frozen by "the hawk" -- the icy-cold, damp winds that blow into
Chicago off of Lake Michigan every winter. Keeping your head on a swivel, watching
for potentially dangerous local denizens roaming the streets.

Not ideal. Better have your TRs in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chitown2.jpg

Reyne Mayer

Pansexual Revolutionary
Not ideal. Better have your TRs in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
indeed.

also, for reference, you can see how in April 2020 when they put the signage up, it was immediately covered over (look at the 1st story) as seems to have been standard practice elsewhere, in preparation for a ribbon-yanking ceremony that has always previously come not long after. note that windows in the first 2 stories are also papered over:

Scn Chicago 2020 Apr signage.jpeg

Lee #28

I was curious about the building facade lettering. Perhaps....since the might have Historical Building status....the city required it to stay?

"ARTCRAFT" perhaps a builder.....? I can't imagine the SO or Miscavige liking this on the building...

Edited: just checked and the building does have Historical Landmark status.... built in 1902...and used by the City..

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 3.32.22 PM.png

Lee #28

I imagine that it must be quite costly to bring an old building "up to Code." What the Codes must be for Commercial Usage....I don't know.

But for sure....paying $50 per week for the Labor....must make buying a derelict old building and fixing it up....advantageous for the Cult....

And I guess they like the "Positioning" too.... They do it quite a bit...

ILove2Lurk

AI Chatbot
The Purge coming to downtown Chicago
and all of Illinois 24/7 for real in 2023!

The Purge is a dystopian movie about a country which celebrates an annual
national holiday known as "the Purge," a day in which all crime, including
murder, becomes decriminalized for a 12-hour period.

No Bail! No detention!

Enthetan

Veteran of the Psychic Wars
The Purge coming to downtown Chicago
and all of Illinois 24/7 for real in 2023!

The Purge is a dystopian movie about a country which celebrates an annual
national holiday known as "the Purge," a day in which all crime, including
murder, becomes decriminalized for a 12-hour period.

No Bail! No detention!

You can be sure that any citizen defending himself from criminals with deadly force will be treated VERY differently.

onceuponatime

THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED: Telex sent from booming org to Chicago org: "Hey, our top registrar has been raking in over $700,000 a week for the past 3 years. We don't need him really so we are donating him to Chicago. It's because we want Chicago to win the Birthday Game, we are just tired of winning it and (truthfully) have run out of space to warehouse all those massive bowling trophies."
The likely scenario is their contract was expiring and their org wasn't fast enough getting them re-signed, or they hate it and were never going to re-sign at their local org. Then some high powered SO recruiter comes in, promises them Chicago will be better/different, and gets them signed up.

The local orgs can't do anything, if they tried to stop these cycles they'd be going against "command intention" and they might as well just ask for the comm ev/being called to some higher org to get straightened out.

from what i gather upper level $cn has a long history of ripping off the local orgs, so is it not possible that int management might have dictated to some that they were going to have to give up selected staff to help out the 'alliance'?

also, let's not forget that the new Chicago idle morgue was apparently made ready to open 2 years ago (this is a Sep. 2020 pic) with reports of staff in the building -- and then embalmed again, with the signs covered back up and the windows papered over, in some sort of inscrutable fail:
Int/Cont management will absolutely take staff from wherever when it comes time to get a new ideal org manned. When a new org is opening nothing else is important, ripping off staff from other orgs is SOP.

I've posted before talking about how Scientology over the next period of 20 years or so is going to have some real problems as their core population ages. Perhaps I gave them too much time, they might already be going over the cliff. Of course they will continue to have 2nd/3rd gens coming along, but the largest "crops" of 2nd/3rd gen Scientologists might've already passed through the Staff/SO ranks. Even at their peak I personally feel that at best only 50% or so of 2nd gen Scientologists really became active, on-lines Scientologists. Over time that number has probably gone down, and I feel like there are less 2nd/3rd gens "coming of age" so they have less and less decent recruit prospects. For long time the idea of Class V orgs being manned by SO members was crazy, something that would never happen. Now it's becoming more and more common. The next few years could be very eventful, we may be witnessing the end of Class V orgs as we know it.

pineapple

能说的名字不真的名字
1663034312747.png
Remigia Sandoval, Chicago Body-Router:

Hello, young man. Could you please help a poor old woman across the street? Why, thank you. You're so kind. Give me that ... er, I mean ... May I please take your arm? Thank you. Tell me, have you ever heard of scientology? Eh, what? Young man, where are you going? Stop! Stop! Ai! Va chinga tu madre ...

Last edited:

Riddick

I clap to no man
Excerpt:

This “ideal” org in Chicago is really setting some interesting precedents.

The building has been completed for some time. But they cannot open it.

There are two apparent reasons.~~~READ MORE

I first got on lines at the chicago org back in 1987 or so. I had read dianetics and decided to try it out. In the book was a tear out piece that said come in for a free dianetics auditing session. So I did to check it out. The dianetics/scientology at the time was a house in the middle of street which I forget the name of, anyways the house had a big banner in front so I arrived and got my free auditing session. That was the beginning of my adventures. Here we are lots of years later. This was before google maps and I had to use paper maps to get there at the chicago org which was just a house in the middle of a street block.

HelluvaHoax!

//

Reyne posted: " from what i gather upper level $cn has a long history of ripping off the local orgs, so is it not possible that int management might have dictated to some that they were going to have to give up selected staff to help out the 'alliance'?"
COMMENT: It's more than possible. We know this because there is an iron clad HCO POLICY that forbids the practice of "musical chairs" (i.e. capriciously moving staff members from one post to another on a whim). Because it is a "HIGH CRIME" to do that we know for sure that there is another "equal and opposite policy (see "Hubbard Law of Commotion") that makes it the greatest good for the greatest number of Dynamics to do exactly that. To wit, it would be a "HIGH CRIME" not to shuffle and toss around staff to new posts as quickly as cards being dealt by a Vegas blackjack dealer.

Reyne posted: "let's not forget that the new Chicago idle morgue was apparently made ready to open 2 years ago (this is a Sep. 2020 pic) with reports of staff in the building -- and then embalmed again, with the signs covered back up and the windows papered over, in some sort of inscrutable fail"
EXPLANATION: The interior was actually completed. In fact, in the weeks leading up to the grand opening, they were actually delivering auditing to some of the new staff. However, quite shockingly the tech was not working! Thus, they covered the windows again and ripped up all the lavishly expensive new Italian marble floors, ordering a classier & higher-priced Italian marble to be installed when it arrives. This is based on upper management's previous scientific research and why-finding on why the tech was not working in the old, small and failing Chicago org.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Temporary volunteer staffer in the blue cap body routing on South Clark Street in Chicago.
Don't make any sudden moves, Don! :omg:

LOL!!!

I wonder if Scientology has their own PARKING for that building?

Think its safe to use a local parking garage? Think again, here are a few customer reviews from a facility at 600 S. Clark:

Marc Germain
2 years ago
My truck window was smashed and everything stolen. Never EVER park at this location. No attendant like it said and elevator broken. If I could rate 0 stars I would. Almost every car was smashed up overnight. Yay...
inter johnson
2 years ago
This place is in a nice location and the staff is overall friendly, HOWEVER they have ZERO security on premises. There was a mass car vandalism/break-in that just occurred at this garage under the CURRENT management on 6/22/2019. I have attached pictures as proof. Multiple car windows broken, doors unlocked, hood ornaments stolen, etc. Luckily my car was safe, but to see almost a dozen cars with shattered windows and doors picked was sad. DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT GET A MONTHLY PASS OR EVEN AN OVERNIGHT PASS FROM THIS GARAGE UNTIL THEY HAVE BETTER SECURITY!
Enn Zee
2 years ago
$14 for an 8hr day parking...not bad altbough the place could use some sprucing up with a broom n a can of paint..has 4 floors of parking with the top one being open to sky
Blanca C. Martinez
a year ago
Today I was at that parking lot for not to long,and when I got back home I was missing my tablet , might be I was to naive to trust this people, be careful they go through your stuff in your car and still your belongings if you live anything inside the car, they stole my tablet and when I called the guy just say it is nothing he can do.
a11 a11
2 years ago

Violent crackheads for attendants. My brother parked the car upstairs. I asked the 3 homeless-looking attendants if the staircase behind them is for roof parking. After receiving no answer, I went up the staircase, which did end up leading to roof parking. One of them starts chasing me yelling. I tell him I am a monthly pass holder and just trying to get my car. He follows me to my car and the issue seems closed. As I drive down the exit ramp, another attendant speeds up in an SUV, almost slamming into me, and blocks my way. He starts knocking on the window yelling at me to roll it down. I show him my phone, dialing the police. He runs back into his car and unblocks my exit. Look at the other review about theft and broken windows. I wouldn't doubt it's the attendants doing the thieving. This garage belongs on the south side, not by the loop.

So much for Scientology providing a "safe environment" for their church's parishioners. LOL.

I scouted online for parking garages within walking distance and the daily cost is in the $30-35 range. The monthly rates are in the $400-600 range. I was wondering how Scientology staff could afford to drive to work with gas and parking. If they earn $50 a week (and even that is doubtful) they would not be able to put gas in their car and park in downtown Chicago.

But then I realized that maybe I am miscalculating by assuming that a Scientology staff member even has a car in the first place.

Final comments: Who in their right mind would choose a downtown Chicago location for a church that is selling its eternity package for over a half-million dollars? Why would you want to do that? I know it is based on Hubbard's magical thinking that the org must locate itself on a busy city street. There is no logic to that. If you had to pick all the places in the USA to do "body routing" or a "sidewalk stress test table", putting your organization on the South side of downtown Chicago is deranged. Here are a few factors:

1. Crime in downtown Chicago is savagely out of control . Non-stop carjackings, robberies, muggings, rapes, knife attacks, shootings and murders have spiked off the top of the graph.

2. No sane person wants to travel to downtown, especially when they are going to course/auditing that lets them out after 10PM at night.

3. Traffic congestion in and out of downtown Chicago is insane every day of the year. A monumental waste of time.

4. People actively AVOID going to downtown Chicago, so why locate a business there that can be placed so many other friendlier locations with far easier and less expensive access? The reason Scientologists did that is based on Hubbards 1930-1950 era downtown areas, where flagship department stores all longed to be. Where shoppers dressed up to "go downtown" with their long white gloves, high heels, suits/ties et al. To do retail business (or business to business) in those bygone times, a company needed to be in the heart of downtown to attract customers. The model is now the complete opposite but Scientology has their blinders on and is simply "following orders" from their dearly departed guru.

5. To top it off, Scientology does not even need a big old building. They don't have enough business to justify more than a modestly sized one-story space to accomodate a course room, some auditing rooms and a dozen or so offices with admin personnel. It's all just a facade to the con game to "look big and impressive".

SUMMARY: Scientology wants so badly to be main-stream. They want to pretend to look like a big tech company Apple, Google or Facebook. They know they have no technology so they want to have very impressive digs, exactly like Elizabeth Holmes and her advanced technology company THERANOS. Elizabeth bilked investors out of billions of dollars and her lavishly expensive building was ground zero of the con game.

these folks must really know what they are doing
to have a high tech building like that, right?

Building's empty now. Maybe Scientology can acquire it
to meet the overwhelming public demand for total freedom.

wow, what a coincidence! Elizabeth Holmes had total

certainty and crazy blinkless cult eyes too! LOL

Last edited: