Character Assassination is a Cult Control Mechanism

• Thread starter Deleted member 51
  • Start date

lotus

Gone away from madness!
They dealt with my lack of trust of everyone, and used the predictions I made of how the cult would “behave next”, as we went up against the bullying cult. They dealt with the character assassination of me by the cult with care and allowed me to retain my dignity & voice. No one knows what dignity is truly about until it is threatened, or lost.

Now I am going to quietly go away (not hiding) and get my head together. I’ll be back when things settle down. I am safe.

Carry on...
Glenda,

I know what you mean here with loss or threatening of dignity ; I know what you mean sister ; You are talking about mean people going after you, as a target and this is called harassment and mobbing. All means are used to dehumanize the person in breaking the dignity and self esteem.
And you are right to say no one knows about it till is is threatened or lost. There are no words to explain how it damage the soul, especially the sense of trust and safety. ( it's like a soul rape)

But you didn't lost your dignity sister.. Those dehumanized beings are those lost souls, and you have been and still is a beautiful soul. One day it won't hurt that much anymore; it's the day all parts are brought back home and put back all together in the "I am me" 😔
However, encountering such situation, in regards to my volunteer involvement, I like you, seek refugee within my safe space, as soon as needed in order to recover a sense of security and this is perfect.

Love to you
Lotus

🤗

Last edited:

Zertel

Shortly after I blew scientology in 1982 while living in Los Angeles I hooked up with a gal who had been in a small cult called "The Center For Feeling Therapy" which was an offshoot of Primal (Scream) Therapy. We both agreed that the "We know everything about everything" attitude of our respective endeavors meant we had been in cults and we compared notes. haha

The main gist of "The Center" as she called it was that in order to know your own Truth you need to consult you Innermost Feelings, trusting your gut so to speak. I never asked if they had any particular procedures or "processes".

It's late and I'll add more to this tomorrow, but for now I'll mention that a couple of years ago I decided to look up "The Center For Feeling Therapy" and "Primal Therapy" in Wikipedia. Here's a little bit about Primal Therapy from wiki:

In 1973 a "birth simulator" was in use at the Primal Institute. The simulator was a 10-foot-long adjustable pressure vinyl tube. The patient was covered with a slick substance to simulate birth. Reports were made of bruises from obstetricians' fingers appearing on the skin of patients reliving their births.[77]

Sounds like fun!

Even though we were both self admitted ex-cultists, "Jane" and I continued to hang onto some of our beliefs. Even so we never had any debates about which beliefs were right or wrong. Every once in awhile she would go consult her Feelings and if she was angry with someone I might have suggested something from the pts/sp (suppression) tek. At The Center where she had participated the head honcho or maybe he was the founder had dictated a lot of the activities of the members including who could live with whom and even, I believe, who could marry whom. I guess his Innermost Feelings were considered senior to the Feelings of the members.

I'm continuing watching the video.

P.S. Glenda - Thanks for going public. (I tend to wander off on a train of thought.)

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
Oh! Well, yes that does seem a tiny bit suspicious. I mean, a vicious unhinged troll attacking Scientology's enemies. It's probably just a coincidence that they also used the cult's dead agenting, used the cult's propaganda lies and used the cult's Fair Game tech.

Yeah it's gotta just be a coincidence, I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

My only point was that I was a bit shaken up by the way I felt about it all, especially after it finally ended and I could see it for what it was.

I thought I was fairly well inoculated against cult techniques after so long away from it all but it took me by surprise when there was a sudden avalanche of what felt exactly like it.

I kept trying to understand what was going on.

I won't do that again, it's a complete waste of precious energy ... but I also don't want to automatically react to negativity just as a scientologist would (dismissiveness and labels) because that's incredibly cold and feels very wrong to me. Somewhere in the middle works well most of the time and I'd rather get things wrong now and again than jump to conclusions even if I do end up with a headspin.

:blink:

HelluvaHoax!

My only point was that I was a bit shaken up by the way I felt about it all, especially after it finally ended and I could see it for what it was.

I thought I was fairly well inoculated against cult techniques after so long away from it all but it took me by surprise when there was a sudden avalanche of what felt exactly like it.

I kept trying to understand what was going on.

I won't do that again, it's a complete waste of precious energy ... but I also don't want to automatically react to negativity just as a scientologist would (dismissiveness and labels) because that's incredibly cold and feels very wrong to me. Somewhere in the middle works well most of the time and I'd rather get things wrong now and again than jump to conclusions even if I do end up with a headspin.

:blink:

I understand...it's just that 99% of the time, things are exactly what they look like.

My favorite line from any novel I ever read was describing the protagonist as follows: "He knew the truth, but he was looking for something better"

That line describes all living people.

I'll just say this. If I came home and found 5 rooms in my house ablaze, saw a masked arsonist moving room to room with a blowtorch in one hand and gasoline can in the other, I would not assume that he was there organizing a lovely surprise-barbecue party for me.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation.
I understand...it's just that so very often things are exactly what they look like.

My favorite line from any novel I ever read was describing the protagonist as follows: "He knew the truth, but he was looking for something better"

I'll just say this. If I came home and found 5 rooms in my house ablaze, saw a masked arsonist moving room to room with a blowtorch in one hand and gasoline can in the other, I would not assume that he was there organizing a lovely surprise-barbecue party for me.

I didn't know the truth at all ... I just didn't want to make him feel even worse than I assumed he must already be feeling because I took the easy way and just labelled him an arsehole (even though he was absolutely behaving like one) and I wasn't trying to complicate things either.

Anyway ... we all see things differently and we all learn when we are ready to ... but I hope I never go back down the road to flippant judgment because it isn't who I am or who I want to become ... but yes, of course I agree that very often things are exactly what they look like (just not always).

:brow:

freethinker

Controversial
I understand...it's just that 99% of the time, things are exactly what they look like.

Another way of looking at that is, "Knows how to do it right but proceeds to do it wrong anyway."

What was being done was exactly what it looked like, if it wasn't, then he would have at least entertained the possibility that what he was saying was inapplicable to the situation. He had no intention of mitigating his position, and with full intent to do so, proceeded to Character Assassinate anyone who disagreed with his flawed theory.

In other words he came with the intention to project his opinion as fact and to intimidate anyone he could. For the ones he couldn't, he intensified the attack with blessings to do so.

Or more simply, came to screw with as many people as possible and to do damage which he called enlightenment.

HelluvaHoax!

posted by: I Told You I Was Trouble:
"...we all see things differently and we all learn when we are ready to ... but I hope I never go back down the road to flippant judgment because it isn't who I am or who I want to become."
We are virtually identical in perspectives, notwithstanding a minor micro-variation (mine below):

"...we all see things differently and we all learn when we are ready to ... but I hope I never go back down the road to flippant negligence of judgment because it isn't who I am or who I want to become."

Both are marvelous and vital tools for a happier life, when engaged appropriately.

Yours is wonderfully comprised of compassion, caring, empathy, understanding, love, forgiveness & grace. I admire it so much and learn from you. Mine is configured to entirely avoid and/or escape cults, cons, criminals & and their cringefully & corrosively corrupt creeps.

HelluvaHoax!

Or more simply, came to screw with as many people as possible and to do damage which he called enlightenment.
---as that OT (operating troll) did multiple times before, resulting in being banned multiple times from ESMB and multiple other websites.

History repeats.

Recidivism.

Pattern recognition is a good thing.

HelluvaHoax!

I was wondering how long it would take before we started talking about this.
LOL.

"...someone had to take the plunge."
-Don Hubbard (see avatar)
From his
bestselling book FOT (Fundamentals of Trolling)

freethinker

Controversial
Well, I thought someone would be writing busily on his blog after the closing of the old board.

But so far, crickets.
That's telling

freethinker

Controversial

freethinker

Controversial
Currently this board reflects the personality of the Admin. Should it change, I would have to question whether it is the same Admin.

This board is very calm.