Brighton and Bournemouth in the 80's!

UK-86

Hey!

Anyone else out there from the Missions on the South coast?

Moved up to St Hill late 80's onwards until the end of the 90 when I dropped off the lines and woke up.

All the best!

Veda

Hey!

Anyone else out there from the Missions on the South coast?

Moved up to St Hill late 80's onwards until the end of the 90 when I dropped off the lines and woke up.

All the best!
What contributed to your waking up?

marra

Did you know a member of staff at Brighton called Helen. I don't know her surname but she married Simon Dresner from Sunderland org and moved to Sunderland sometime in the 1980s.

UK-86

Did you know a member of staff at Brighton called Helen. I don't know her surname but she married Simon Dresner from Sunderland org and moved to Sunderland sometime in the 1980s.
No, doesn't ring a bell.
I remember Rod, Steve & Jill, Roger & Jill, Chris, Anne Rust-dye(not sure I am spelling that right!) Keith the ex-biker..... Gosh.... Bringing back memories! It was a long time ago now!
It was a humming mission back in the day.

La La Lou Lou

I tried to find Bournemouth once, I failed. A couple of times I saw someone asking be do have questions before routing the victim in, and thought better of it.

La La Lou Lou

Haha, I remember body routing!
One guy wanted to be Falicity Kendle's bicycle seat! :)
I think you might find he wasn't alone, I think there were a few men that would have preferred to be her bicycle seat, and lets not ask what they would do or have !

Freeloader Bill

Cool! I remember Andrea, Roger and Jill.
The famed Andrea Catt, Registrar extrordinaire. I never met her, only heard of her reputation, and then saw her speaking in a documentary on the mission, broadcast in the 90's and fronted by Dermot Murnaghan. She was replaced by Stephanie Groeger? (Nee Powell). I recall Roger Kaye and his 2D Jill ______. Debbie Lewis was another Exec, who went on to marry Nigel Pyne of Ethics. Stuart and Megan Parkinson and others were around back then in the mid 90's.

The Mission holder now is Debbie Corney (nee Richardson), who used to run the Public Division with Mel Batson. I am still curious to know what happened to her husband, Gary? Zoe Budden (Nee Tomblin) became the mission holder some time after I left the Mission, but she passed away relatively young a few years ago. So many other names come to mind too like Brian and Alsion Daniels. She was in Qual while her husband was/is a high flier. He ran OSA for the Bournemouth Mission and has in recent years obtained OT 8 I believe and is high up in CCHR, he may even head it up in the UK, though I'm not sure.

UK-86

Hey Bill!
I knew Andrea and Debbie well. At one point it was just the 3 of us running the mission out of Andrea's flat.
Roger and Gill used to visit.
I remember Stephanie P but not very well. I had joined the SO and blown from the SO by then! :)

Freeloader Bill

Hey Bill!
I knew Andrea and Debbie well. At one point it was just the 3 of us running the mission out of Andrea's flat.
Roger and Gill used to visit.
I remember Stephanie P but not very well. I had joined the SO and blown from the SO by then! :)
I think that timings wise I must have come into the Mission a couple of years after you had left, though I may have been at Saint Hill for an event and you were perhaps there at the same time if it was mid-late 90's? My outstanding memory of Steph was that she used to greet people by saying "Hello Matey" in a very enthusiastic manner while almost jumping for joy at the same time. Roger, on a coach journey to an event once asked me what Seagulls think of. When I said that I had no idea he replied "Fish, Fish, Fish, Fish.....", which made sense, though I didn't get the impression he was joking but rather that he had superior insight being OTVII I think? I'll give Roger his due, he was a fun guy and would hold court when he spoke to groups of people.

Regarding Saint Hill; Do you remember Jochen, a course room Supervisor? A stern and earnest young German man, but likeable. The Captain (if that is the correct rank) of Saint Hill at that time was an imposing American (I think?), his name escapes me but I keep thinking something like 'Kazmaier' or similar teutonic sounding name? I recall him bellowing at a surly Sea Org Cook in the Building they used to feed the staff at the far end of the estate (Mmmm Beans and Rice!). I wondered at the time if I should KR him (KR's :roflmao:), but looking at the unsurprised faces of everyone around and about I decided this was a normal occurrence, and there would be a policy allowing Seniors to intimidate Juniors in this manner that I was yet to read. In recent years on the net I have read and heard of 'Slappy Miscavige' and I wasn't unduly surprised at COB's alleged physical assaults when I thought back to the Carpeting the Captain laid on the Cook in full view of myself and dozens of others. I was reg'd to join the Sea Org multiple times, mostly in a benign way, for example at events and on visits by Sea Org Staff to the Mission. However, one time me and another chap were invited to Saint Hill just to talk about the Sea Org and to have a look around the Castle and grounds (even though I had already visited several times for events and also on course), and to stay the night afterwards, which I thought sounded fun so I went along for the ride. Not unusually the spur of the moment drive to East Grinstead was in the late evening so we didn't arrive there until close on midnight. The estate had a calming and quiet vibe at that time and was almost entirely empty. My fellow potential recruit was taken away by one Sea Org staff member to where I knew not, while I was interviewed by another Staff Member, in the main hall were the events took place. I remember my interviewer being very earnest (a very typical quality of Sea Org Staff, most of whom I enjoyed the conversation of, even though I knew there was always an ulterior motive) and full of intention, but I just wasn't keen on joining as I'd heard from Mission Staff (not in an entheta way of course :p) that it was a very full on organisation, and the more this guy pushed the more I dug my heels in. I only wanted the tour that I had been invited to receive, plus the stay over as promised. There was no tour and definitely no sleeping the night at Saint Hill or a Staff billet in the surrounding area as I was a failed reg cycle. The other chap did sign for a Billion years and when we parted he was VGI's. If he hasn't blown already he's a mere quarter of a century into his contract. He stayed that night....and many more I suppose. I was dismissed from the Castle, hastened to the car that brought me there, and made to feel like I was wasting their time despite their promises not being kept and several hours of my time spent at Saint Hill and travelling Poole to East Sussex and back. Nevertheless I had been around long enough at that point to not be surprised by anything that took place. Scientology reality really is another entirely from the outside world. :whistle:In retrospect I feel for the guy trying to reg me as he missed out on sleep and didn't have the improvement in his Stats to even make it worthwhile to him.

UK-86

Jochen, no I don't remember him. Was he SHF?
I do remember an American who was the Captain of SHF I think Darlene was the Captain of AOSH UK
Martin Padfield was the Tech Sec and Jim Granger was under Martin. It's a long time ago now!
Yea the Castle, Manor and grounds were lovely. I remember one late night hearing some screaming and two badgers came running out of some bushes chasing each other! I used to go for walks around the lake too which was nice.

BillionYrsToGo

The famed Andrea Catt, Registrar extrordinaire. I never met her, only heard of her reputation, and then saw her speaking in a documentary on the mission, broadcast in the 90's and fronted by Dermot Murnaghan. She was replaced by Stephanie Groeger? (Nee Powell). I recall Roger Kaye and his 2D Jill ______. Debbie Lewis was another Exec, who went on to marry Nigel Pyne of Ethics. Stuart and Megan Parkinson and others were around back then in the mid 90's.

The Mission holder now is Debbie Corney (nee Richardson), who used to run the Public Division with Mel Batson. I am still curious to know what happened to her husband, Gary? Zoe Budden (Nee Tomblin) became the mission holder some time after I left the Mission, but she passed away relatively young a few years ago. So many other names come to mind too like Brian and Alsion Daniels. She was in Qual while her husband was/is a high flier. He ran OSA for the Bournemouth Mission and has in recent years obtained OT 8 I believe and is high up in CCHR, he may even head it up in the UK, though I'm not sure.
I was in that documentary with Andrea 1996. I worked at the mission 91-93 was then in the SO on the ship for 2 years before I left. Was working for IASA. Left in 95. Yeah I think Brian heads up cchr uk.
It amazes me they're all still in, not woken up yet

Vumba

I’m up in Sunderland now and wonder if she’s still in the Org up here?